Author Topic: John Arne Riise...  (Read 43701 times)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Re: John Arne Riise...
« Reply #720 on: August 13, 2007, 03:57:25 pm »
I will add my half penny to all this.

Over the years he can have a few dingers but overall has played a significant part in some of the best defensive runs this team has seen. He may be the weakest point of the back line but there has to be one and whoever it is will always be bitched at even after 300 games with the club. Chrizt many here thought Finnan should be gone by now...thats says a lot about the "experts" here.

So if that one weak spot is still a good left back who is currently one of the more likely game winners in the squad (out of all our back line, defensive CMs, non scoring wingers, he, over the years has averaged a better goal return than most) and still only 26, then I still have time for him.

Chrizt I wish you all were just as concerned about who should be playing left midfield as if Riise is our best bet then we are in trouble. Let him continue as our left back with Aurelio as cover (or visa versa) and spend this 7m reserved for Heinze on a true left midfielder. Or convert Babbel to left hand side or get Kewell fit (where was he Saturday?). Thats the thread that should have 17 pages of concern in it, not Riises.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #721 on: August 13, 2007, 03:57:30 pm »
what idiot said aurelio was better than riise??

I didn't, but I will if you want me to. Fully fit, Aurelio is better than Riise. Feel free to quote me if you must.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline stevenl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #722 on: August 13, 2007, 04:15:45 pm »
Kaizer is delusional, nothing more nothing less. Delusional.

How almost everyone on this forum can see that Riise is weak in the following areas;

Technically poor - Poor on the ball, poor technique, cant beat his man and an average passer of the ball. Waste's possession with Row Z specials when other players are in better positions.

Defensively weak - Average tackler, Positionally poor (see Feyonoord)

I like Riise. He's been a great servant to this club, but the fact that Benetiz already has Aurelio and is busting his balls for Heinze shows that he wants a new left back. Take away Riise's hard shot and the fact that he is a really hard worker, then he would be nothing.

As far as his ability as a footballer, i think he's good at many things, but great at none.

Not what we need if we're looking to win the title, and if the oppurtunity arise, he should be replaced.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: August 13, 2007, 04:16:47 pm »
yeah HH but when will he be fully fit?

In nearly 10 years of playing, Fabio has played about 120 games. He makes Harry look healthy.

Yep and for every left back or left winger Rafa has bought or selected they nearly all have been on the sick bed or inadequate and Riise is still here. Heinze in the last 2 years has had sick not ewritten all over him and he snot getting quicker / healthier once he hits 30 next march.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 04:19:31 pm by fowlermagic »
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: August 13, 2007, 04:17:27 pm »
I didn't, but I will if you want me to. Fully fit, Aurelio is better than Riise. Feel free to quote me if you must.

And I'll back it up. If he stayed fit for more of his career not only would he be number one for his country but would also be rated (as he was when he won the league under Rafa) as one of the best in europe in his position.

* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: August 13, 2007, 04:21:20 pm »
And I'll back it up. If he stayed fit for more of his career not only would he be number one for his country but would also be rated (as he was when he won the league under Rafa) as one of the best in europe in his position.

thats great but when you look at the facts he cannot stay fit long enough to do any of the above so whats next? Love the idea we can build our future around Aurelio & Kewell but reality kicks in pretty quickly.

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #726 on: August 13, 2007, 04:52:57 pm »

Yup.

As a sidenote, rofl @ me nodding off to sleep and having a weird, weird dream.

I was in an internet cafe with HH (who I don't have a clue what he looks like), and we were having a fierce argument with a group of Norwegians over whether JAR is shit or good.

True fucking story.
Watch your back.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: August 13, 2007, 04:54:46 pm »
Thought Riise's corners were good Saturday. He was putting them into exactly the right area's with the right hight and pace.

Offline azer

• Misanthrope who thinks we were battered by Sunderland.
  • Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #728 on: August 13, 2007, 05:00:49 pm »

Riise is the most consistent LB in the premiership. Aurelio for me has done nothing of note since joining. only thing that comes to mind is a cross for crouch to score. Let him play 100+ games and then we'll see if he is better.
if riise is so bad technically and defensively, how can he remain part of the best defence in the PL the last few years running.

In reality (where most of us live) riise is the best option as a left back that we have and that is on the market under 20 million. You offer him to any other premiership club and they would snap your hand off.

I think your signature says it all there. You must be full of sarcasm.

[/quote]
Something quaint and witty.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #729 on: August 13, 2007, 05:02:12 pm »
Kaizer is delusional, nothing more nothing less. Delusional.

How almost everyone on this forum can see that Riise is weak in the following areas;

Technically poor - Poor on the ball, poor technique, cant beat his man and an average passer of the ball. Waste's possession with Row Z specials when other players are in better positions.

Defensively weak - Average tackler, Positionally poor (see Feyonoord)

I like Riise. He's been a great servant to this club, but the fact that Benitez already has Aurelio and is busting his balls for Heinze shows that he wants a new left back. Take away Riise's hard shot and the fact that he is a really hard worker, then he would be nothing.

As far as his ability as a footballer, i think he's good at many things, but great at none.

Not what we need if we're looking to win the title, and if the oppurtunity arise, he should be replaced.

Name someone who we could replace him with.
welcome to reality.

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #730 on: August 13, 2007, 05:03:02 pm »
Riise is the most consistent LB in the premiership. Aurelio for me has done nothing of note since joining. only thing that comes to mind is a cross for crouch to score. Let him play 100+ games and then we'll see if he is better.
if riise is so bad technically and defensively, how can he remain part of the best defence in the PL the last few years running.

In reality (where most of us live) riise is the best option as a left back that we have and that is on the market under 20 million. You offer him to any other premiership club and they would snap your hand off.

I hope someone bites our hands off and fucking takes Riise then. Insua already looks a far more accomplished footballer than him and he's only about 20. If he devlops at a decent rate hopefully next season we will see Riise's playing time reduced DRAMATICALLY.
Watch your back.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: August 13, 2007, 05:03:43 pm »

Why did I say that wasn't right?

I think Riise is a good player, so don't mistake what I'm saying for "I hate Riise" - but you only have to watch 1) a few games from his time at Valencia or 2) his game at Arsenal and the few games preceding that, to see just how excellent he is. His dead ball delivery is as good as I've seen for many years and his cross in great.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: August 13, 2007, 05:06:15 pm »
Fabio!

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #733 on: August 13, 2007, 05:06:59 pm »
Insua already looks a far more accomplished footballer than him and he's only about 20. If he devlops at a decent rate hopefully next season we will see Riise's playing time reduced DRAMATICALLY.

Insua will travel on tour to Scandinavia playing in Norway and Sweden with the reserves, that is how much in the first team picture he is at the moment.
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #734 on: August 13, 2007, 05:08:02 pm »
Insua will travel on tour to Scandinavia playing in Norway and Sweden with the reserves, that is how much in the first team picture he is at the moment.

That's why I said 'hopefully he develops at a decent rate'. He is a more intelligent and technical footballer than Riise though. FACT.
Watch your back.

Offline Sarah B

• Main Stander
« Reply #735 on: August 13, 2007, 05:08:20 pm »
Be nice to have a pacy full backs who bomb up and down all game. So many times on Saturday I was screaming for Finnan to get forward and give us an outlet.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: August 13, 2007, 05:11:22 pm »
Have to say i don't know why Aurelio gets so much praise. I think he had maybe two or three good games for us last season. No doubt he's got class, but i wouldn't put any faith in him. He'll always be injured.

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #737 on: August 13, 2007, 05:13:44 pm »
Have to say i don't know why Aurelio gets so much praise. I think he had maybe two or three good games for us last season. No doubt he's got class, but i wouldn't put any faith in him. He'll always be injured.

Some of our best performances came about with him on the left. Chelsea, Watford, Arsenal are a couple I can remember off the top.
Watch your back.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #738 on: August 13, 2007, 05:15:18 pm »
I hope someone bites our hands off and fucking takes Riise then. Insua already looks a far more accomplished footballer than him and he's only about 20. If he devlops at a decent rate hopefully next season we will see Riise's playing time reduced DRAMATICALLY.

LOL, Im obviously dealing with a numbnuts here. Maybe we should bring back kromkamp or josemi!!
You could say kromkamp was a more intelligent and more technical player than finnan but look at him!
Name one player, we could buy now, that would replace riise and offer more than he would...

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #739 on: August 13, 2007, 05:18:00 pm »
Kromkamp wasn't shit in any sense of the word. Obviously he didn't feel at home here and left. But he was a good player.

And by saying this: Name one player, we could buy now, that would replace riise and offer more than he would... you are confirming exactly what everyone is feeling: the only reason Riise is still here is because we can't buy a good alternative, they are all at big clubs. All the top teams have better left backs than us.
Watch your back.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #740 on: August 13, 2007, 05:18:48 pm »

Exactly, first of all, Aurelio did not play that many matches,when he played he was mostly average, sometimes very poor and a few times pretty good.

But suddenly he is praised as the best LB in the league, it seems to me that people only remember the two-three good matches he played for us.

When he is back from injury I guess reality will strike back, its often like this, the injured players are great at least as long as they are injured and people don't get reminded on how they actually perform.
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline Sarah B

• Main Stander
« Reply #741 on: August 13, 2007, 05:20:24 pm »
when he played he was mostly average, sometimes very poor and a few times pretty good.

So better than Riise then?

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #742 on: August 13, 2007, 05:21:13 pm »
Aurelio is miles ahead of Fat Arne Riise.

And regarding your shit theory of JAR performing as a box to box midfielder in a three man midfield... :lmao..surely Voronin or Kuyt could do the same? Doesn't change the fact that they'd play fucking shit there.
Watch your back.

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #743 on: August 13, 2007, 05:21:30 pm »
So better than Riise then?

Definitely.
Watch your back.

Offline kopite matt

• Friday dinner Fred
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #744 on: August 13, 2007, 05:34:23 pm »

Name one player, we could buy now, that would replace riise and offer more than he would...

Joey Deacon????
When you reach a fork in the road, take it!

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #745 on: August 13, 2007, 05:37:12 pm »

Chrizt many here thought Finnan should be gone by now...thats says a lot about the "experts" here.

Don't think it was just the experts on here. Rafa didn't fancy him either. That's why his first signing for the club was a right back. Circumstances, and a sudden turn around in form, proved everyone wrong. Not just the experts on here. Rafa as well. 
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline Sarah B

• Main Stander
« Reply #746 on: August 13, 2007, 05:40:24 pm »
Don't think it was just the experts on here. Rafa didn't fancy him either. That's why his first signing for the club was a right back. Circumstances, and a sudden turn around in form, proved everyone wrong. Not just the experts on here. Rafa as well. 

Rubbish. Finnan was woefully out of form and very unsettled when Rafa first arrived and the general consensus was that he could be leaving and we needed a right back. It was nothing to do with Rafa not fancying him or being proved wrong.

Offline Sarah B

• Main Stander
« Reply #747 on: August 13, 2007, 05:41:00 pm »
Joey Deacon????

I shouldn't laugh, but...

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: August 13, 2007, 05:41:15 pm »

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #749 on: August 13, 2007, 05:43:31 pm »
Rubbish. Finnan was woefully out of form and very unsettled when Rafa first arrived and the general consensus was that he could be leaving and we needed a right back. It was nothing to do with Rafa not fancying him or being proved wrong.

What the fuck you on about? Rafa didn't fancy him when he came. There were people on here slagging Finnan off. Events proved everyone wrong. Now what's your point?
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: August 13, 2007, 05:43:54 pm »
Be nice to have a pacy full backs who bomb up and down all game. So many times on Saturday I was screaming for Finnan to get forward and give us an outlet.

He's untouchable though. Won't be allowed to have a single word said against him.

Offline Sarah B

• Main Stander
« Reply #751 on: August 13, 2007, 05:48:03 pm »
What the fuck you on about? Rafa didn't fancy him when he came. There were people on here slagging Finnan off. Events proved everyone wrong. Now what's your point?

Do shut up. If he didn't fancy him he wouldn't have even bothered trying him at right midfield and bringing a new dimension to his game. He obviously saw something. The fact that he stayed is down to Rafa getting the best out of him and the lad finally settling down and starting to work hard at his game.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: August 13, 2007, 05:51:07 pm »
Clichy,Bridge,Pasqual,Maxwell,Dede,Marcell Jansen,Grosso,Chiellini,Heinze and Del Horno.

To name a few I can probably think of more.

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #753 on: August 13, 2007, 05:51:15 pm »
sarah you seem to like to argue

nice one :P
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: August 13, 2007, 05:54:07 pm »

Gilberto - Hertha Berlin!?!

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #755 on: August 13, 2007, 05:55:49 pm »

or a donkey
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: August 13, 2007, 05:57:00 pm »
Clichy

woah there. The lad can't defend for toffee. See Pennant and Arbeloa rip him a new one at anfield.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: August 13, 2007, 05:57:36 pm »
+ him

Add him to my list

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: August 13, 2007, 06:02:39 pm »
Would've loved us to really go for Wayne Bridge in the same manner as we've done with Heinze personally. He's completely wasted sat on Chelsea's bench.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: August 13, 2007, 06:03:55 pm »
Would've loved us to really go for Wayne Bridge in the same manner as we've done with Heinze personally. He's completely wasted sat on Chelsea's bench.
He's another one who's always fucking injured though.