Author Topic: DIC pull out of deal/Gillett AND Hicks to take over?  (Read 292197 times)

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
Re: DIC pull out of deal
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2007, 04:54:51 pm »
I cannot for the life of me understand why on earth has the club taken so long to sort the investment out? and I am not even talking about the DIC deal. This has gone on for YEARS and YEARS. Any potential investers must be looking at Liverpool thinking who on earth is running this club?

Sure the board need to ensure that the deal is right for the club but at some point they need to grow some balls and take the bull by the horns. DIC appeared to be a great investment that would finance the stadium, sort the debt out and still have transfer money and not put the club into debt.  They even claimed to be Liverpool fans!
For crying out loud what on earth else could they have offered? This is (was) the best proposal by far and the board let it slip through their fingers!!!!

The term snatching defeat from the jaws of victory springs to mind  :butt
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:58:42 pm by Jamie_G »
Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Offline champs2005

• Aw! For FUCK'S sake!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's on random!
« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2007, 04:55:47 pm »
And again I'll say...

That is not how business works.

You can say it as often as you like mate!

knock yerself out!

;-)
Quote from: Shaun
Get FUCKED 4 eyes! Why don't you go out with her if you love her so much?

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #242 on: January 31, 2007, 04:55:58 pm »
My point is that DIC was not heaven and Gillett is not hell.

I agree with that mate, I never suggsted otherwise though.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline cj

• didn't get where he is today without becoming a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:21 pm »
I'm
Am I the only one quite pleased? We keep a Liverpool owner and stay at Anfield.
Think it'll still go ahead though, looks like political move.

I'm very pleased indeed. to be honest there seems to be a double standard of sorts. When Chelsea gets funds they are slated for being a bought team. When we even get a sniff of money some people immediately start dreaming of buying the most individually skilled players in the world.  I can only speak for myself but I rate a team that plays with heart, pride and passion a heck of a lot higher than the reals, mancs and what have you.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:22 pm »
You can say it as often as you like mate!

knock yerself out!

;-)

:P fair enough then, I won't say it again.

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:23 pm »
while I never wanted to see the club uder foreign ownership, i had come round to the idea of this crowd as investment looked like our best chance to compete. Pity really, as I'm sure rafa already had his targets identified based on this money coming in, guess he'll have to forget about them for the time being.
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:25 pm »
Come on lets have some perspective ont his. Them taking over wasnt gonna be the start of winning the league for the next 100 years. Its not a fail or succeed option. It could have been good but in all honesty i think a foreign owner and losing Anfield would be a bigger blow to the club than having to survive on less money. Were 2/5 points off Chelsea even after theyve spent all that money, i no the seasons got a long way to go though, Most importantly we've got Rafa, and Stevie and Jaimie should be signing contracts again soon.

Just like Mr. Shankly, Rafa's got some money, but not a bottomless pit. To all those who had our future resting on this  i wonder what your motives are? Anyway ill let some of you get back to Football Manager, I think the Mancs have just accepted your 70m bid for Ferdinand
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:36 pm »
Now we have to sell to Gillett.

We don't have to do anything!

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:38 pm »
We don't need investment. By the looks of things Abramovich has stopped putting his hand in his pocket, Man Utd don't spend much more than we do, and neither do the Arse. With the new TV deal we'll have the same amount of money as anybody else. Everything will be down to spending what you earn and whoever makes the best purchases and has the best coaches wins. Perfect. The days of free money are over.

I don't want anyone to own LFC as an investment or as a toy. I love Moores, I think we have a great manager. I am DELIGHTED, and all you Championship Manager wannabes who want to spend silly money can all fuck off. I am totally chuffed.
To be honest, mate I'm with you.

So we might have to stay at shitty Anfield, not the end of the world for me. We are presently competing for the League although I wish we were the side who are 11 points clear.

So long as Rafa is happy with the backing he receives (and we are due an almighty cash hike next year on TV Deal) then I'll survive this terrible day.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:42 pm »
Lucky the shop was out of the letter O, coz I was about to get Ronaldinho on the back of my shirt.

Tell them to come back

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:46 pm »
Hope we beat Everton on Saturday.

Can't wait to hear what the board (who's job it is to decide on the future direction of the club) decides in their investment project, although I'm more cconcerned with our result on Saturday.

One minute they're great, next they're shithouses! we are looking quite fickle here guys!

Just to play tthe "I've had a long think about this and have a concpiracy theory to shrare" -has anyone considered that perhaps DIC's due dilligence turned up something really horrible in the club's accounts, and therefore do not want to get involved, but took a less confrontatinoal exit route than suggesting problems in the club?

Ho hum - guess there's no chance of discussing footie on the boards for the next few days. Think I'll log off and check back when the smoke clears.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:58:34 pm by RedMarko »

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:59 pm »
So gutted about this.. I was impressed with DIC, they sound like real business-men with respect for the clubs traditions. The board members are just money-grabbing c*nts with only financial interests in the club...
And what message does this sent to other possible investors?? No real business men will ever engage negotiations over a possible takeover, becuase of the fucking un-professionel board members.. fucking disgusted

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2007, 04:57:01 pm »
And tell you another thing - Rick, or at the very fucking least, Ian Cotton, NEED to get their fucking mugs on .tv and SSN ASAP to explain this almighty balls up.

This is OUR club, and we REALLY deserve explanations, and quickly...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2007, 04:57:11 pm »
i hope am not silly or anything but does anyone think they might come back with another offer ??
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2007, 04:57:36 pm »
And become just like Neverton  :wanker

No need for rude signs.  I have a perfectly valid opinion.

And what on earth would make you think we'd ever be anyone except what we are?  The most successful club there is.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2007, 04:57:52 pm »
There are far too many assumptions being made in this thread.. we really know very little. Let's just see what happens (what else can we do)

Despair, cry, jump off Bowring Park bridge onto the rush hour M62......

Or another option is to wait & see what is said/happens in the next 24 hours before doing any of the above.

Offline kizzak

• Main Stander
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2007, 04:57:59 pm »

He's only owned it since 2000, but don't let the facts get in the way.  :wave
Since 2000, the highest they've come in their division is 3rd out of 5 teams, so it's not like there's been any success whatsoever since he's taken it over, they've only made the playoffs three times in that period (which takes something like half the teams in the league)

:wave

Gillet is satisfied pissing around in the middle of the table for the oldest hockey team in the NHL, how is that any different if he takes us over?

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2007, 04:58:52 pm »
I know.  We are shite.  We never win fuck all, and we can't spend more than £30 mill every season.
And we are no closer to winning the League than ever.... well not much.  And we really wanna be bossed by a crowd who might make the Russians appear friendly.

I see you're guys points but the fact that we are being outbid by clubs like West Ham who have £18mill to put on the table for a player we've been linked with is an indication of the way things may be heading.
JFT97

Offline Lanrmort

• Legacy Fan
  • What were the skies like when you were young?
« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2007, 04:58:52 pm »
I agree with that mate, I never suggsted otherwise though.

No, it was just the idea that the Big Baddie Gillett will say one thing and then do another.

The truth is none of us know, but from the reaction of some on here (not you) a lot of people are convinced that we'll be playing our home games at Goodison from next weekend onwards.
twitter: @mortoni

Offline toshi

• Kopite
  • Respect
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2007, 04:58:55 pm »
I cannot for the life of me understand why on earth has the club taken so long to sort the investment out? and I am not even talking about the DIC deal. This has gone on for YEARS and YEARS. Any potential investers must be looking at Liverpool thinking who on earth is running this club?

Sure the board need to ensure that the deal is right for the club but at some point they need to grow some balls and take the bull by the horns. DIC appeared to be a great investment that would finance the stadium, sort the debt out and still have transfer money. For crying out loud what on earth else could they have offered? This is (was) the best proposal by far and the board let it slip through their fingers!!!!

this is how i feel at the moment :(
CJ        : "Morton, this is President Bartlett"
Bartlett : "Hey Morton"
Morton (stunned) : "WOW"
Bartlett  : "Well Said"

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2007, 04:59:14 pm »
possibly the most valid point raised on this thread so far. Moores aside, this board belong in the fucking stone age.

It's blatantly obvious that Moores doesn't want to groundshare, so if there is any sniff of that coming from the direction of Gillett he'll tell him stick it. If that happens, it's back to square one, but who would want to deal with the shower of monkeys on the board then?

I sincerely hope that Rick Parry can pull a rabbit out of the hat and turn this one around, but I suspect the damage is terminal. What a big shame, and a total embarrassment.

FFS  :butt

Moores IS THE BOARD!

Every one of them is HIS appointee and holds proxy shares on HIS behalf.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2007, 04:59:23 pm »
We don't have to do anything!

believe me, it now IS the only option - because if the funding for the stadium isn't in place and building started by early march, the grant money goes, the planning lapses, and the stadiums fucked too, and with it all chance of being self funding at a level needed to compete.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2007, 04:59:36 pm »
Time to digest  now, some great posts on here..Rafa said all along he wasn't gonna think about the money he might get to spend if the DICK's took over, and goin by the signings he's made in the window, they back up what he said.He hasn't stalled on making signings thinkin that he'll have billions to spend in the summer...We're not too far off the top teams, no matter what happens...

Offline bellinter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2007, 05:00:13 pm »
if parry has advised the board to take it and they have refused, where does that leave him?

Offline naken

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2007, 05:00:32 pm »
They fucked up the sale becuase of cash?

Gilett, the man who has run bankrupt twice, offers 500£ more then DIC and they start to go with "serious" negotiation with him becuase of this? The man has already given us a shamble offer that we refused. Clearly that shows that he´s only in it for the cash. I can understand DIC getting mad of our behavior. They have invested alot of time and cash into this, and as fast as a moneygrabbing yankee turns up on his horse the club calls the media and tell them they are interested in his offer and take it serious.

DIC sounded very serious and were art the club looking into things. They also gave a good apperance as businessmen, was at anfield during games etc. Has anybody even seen Gilett? Has he even made a public statement. Has he even made his  intention with the club official? OKi... maybe DIC was going to borrow money for the buy but atleast it feels like they are having assets if something goes wrong. If Gilett fuckes up were gonna be screwed like hell

Fucked up handling by Moores and CO imo.

(sry for typos, my english suckes)

G + H,  suck my saltie

Offline Corki

• Anny Roader
  • "It's never the wrong time to do the right thing"
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2007, 05:00:40 pm »
This is a business deal pure and simple, at least that's the way the board will view it, in every deal there's a bit of bargaining going on, all thats happining here is DIC are worried that their going to be outbid by Gillette so their applying pressure on the board by releasing this statement to the press, this in turn will whip the fan's into a frenzy of mindless abuse (like we're witnessing here) to force the board into accepting their bid...................DIC will own LFC by the weekend.
We need to find the link between our traditions and our present experience. Nowness, or the magic of the present moment, is what joins the wisdom of the past with the present.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2007, 05:00:42 pm »
What pisses me off the most is we haven't had an official statement from Liverpool.

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2007, 05:00:45 pm »
i say gillet could be the death nail of liverpool football club as we love and know it , do you all really want a shared stadium inflated ticket prices, the managers sacked at the drop of a hat well it could be here soon , surely the DIC  offer was safe and mr gillets isnt , it doesnt mean more money for players or stadia its more money for mr greed arse moores . :no

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2007, 05:00:55 pm »
This, is, CRAP!

:butt
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline bellinter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2007, 05:01:17 pm »
What pisses me off the most is we haven't had an official statement from Liverpool.

give them a chance!

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2007, 05:01:47 pm »
(sry for typos, my english suckes)

Loved that.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2007, 05:02:08 pm »
No need for rude signs.  I have a perfectly valid opinion.

And what on earth would make you think we'd ever be anyone except what we are?  The most successful club there is.

For how long without major investment?

Man U are already catching us up in the success stakes and have a 75,000 seater stadium.

Arsenal have a 60,000 seater state of the art stadium.

Chelsea have Abramovich.

We have Moores The Muppet.

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2007, 05:02:08 pm »
And tell you another thing - Rick, or at the very fucking least, Ian Cotton, NEED to get their fucking mugs on .tv and SSN ASAP to explain this almighty balls up.

This is OUR club, and we REALLY deserve explanations, and quickly...

Nail on the head but I would not hold your breath. The fact that the news broke in the way it did tells be that Rick and co have let this get out of control and are sitting in an office thinking what on earth have we done!!
Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2007, 05:02:38 pm »
A bit knee jerk that. I am gutted, but its not doom and gloom. As long as Rafa is not unhappy. But, in the long run, when the likes of West Ham start spending more money than us, not having money will cost us dear.
Not really, The DIC bid was the one Moores wanted. He's spent 2+ months preferring this bid. Within 96 hours he's change direction. This American has promised to fund the stadium himself, (though his earlier bid was deemed "not the best for LFC").
In Horse racing DIC are a very successful force, they have invested massive amounts.

DIC have had the exclusive access to the LFC books for a month, this American spends 3-days looking and decides to out-bid the Arabs. Suddenly his offer is sooooo much better than DIC that they are shoved out the door. DIC responds in a way predictable for a group used to getting what they want when they want. They walk, never to come back.

Rafa will see the change of direction of the board, he may decide that this lot   are just as untrustworthy as his Valencia masters of 2004. He ay walk, if we win the prem this year he'll go.

Platini will drop the 4-team rule foe england / spain / italy. We will loose out 'cause the other 3 teams will outspend us. We will be no better than Newcastle.

Gillette has fucked us, he'll get the club, but it'll crumble. I just hope and pray I'm wrong.

Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2007, 05:02:46 pm »

Moores: ".. yeah, hang on George, I've got the contract here somewhere .... takeaway menu ... dry-cleaning receipt ... more bloody catalogue bills ... Mascherano registration ... oh bollocks, I've sent the wrong form the Premier League..."
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2007, 05:02:49 pm »
That my friend, is the real issue here.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2007, 05:02:58 pm »
love all the murdoch corp to got it wrong

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2007, 05:03:22 pm »
In case anyone hasn't noticed, we are closer to the top of the league at this stage of the season than we have been in 5 years, and indeed 9 out of the last 10 years (I think).  We also won the FA Cup and European Cup in the last two seasons.

Oh whoa is us.  :wave

Good fucking point. As for the lad who said DIC were offering us everything we wanted now and in the future, how the fuck do you know they were gonna give us everything we wanted in the future. Ruthless businessmen - as this development proves – are ruthless businessmen first and fans second. Whether they're the current knight in shining armour or some new suitor they are all snakes in a bag.

And to another poster who queried whether Moores could insist on selling up to DIC cos he owns 51% of the shares, i seem to recall Glazer could only buy out the Mancs when he'd snaffled something like 80 per cent plus of their shares.
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2007, 05:03:35 pm »
To be honest none of us are really inside the negociations so we don't know which investor's offer is better.

DIC have run a better PR campaign on this I think, and that's probably the only reason most people favour them.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2007, 05:03:41 pm »
give them a chance!

To be honest, they've had an hour since the news broke here. 45 minutes since DIC released their statement.

If they can't raise some sort of explanation to the fans in an hour, it's pretty fucking shoddy.

And this fuck up of garguantan proportions really DOES deserve an explanation.