Author Topic: DIC pull out of deal/Gillett AND Hicks to take over?  (Read 292006 times)

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: DIC pull out of deal
« Reply #440 on: January 31, 2007, 05:39:47 pm »
 Two sides to every story, best waiting to see the facts from both sides before spouting off shite about Moores and Parry and our club being an embarrasment and shambles.

Offline kopite789

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #441 on: January 31, 2007, 05:40:26 pm »
We may have blown a big chance here, but we may have had a big escape.

If DIC were looking to sell us on in 7 years then god knows hows hands we'd end up in.
25th May 2005 - The greatest night in the history of the world. FACT

Twitter : @kopite789

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #442 on: January 31, 2007, 05:41:19 pm »
Some people are overracting a tad here. Take deep breaths and calm down ::).

Nah i'm lighting a pitchfork and marching on Anfield.

There ain't no justice like mob justice
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline elsombreroman

• Now 18 but check his id anyway. Potential hacker. The new Ken Dodd.
  • Kopite
« Reply #443 on: January 31, 2007, 05:42:24 pm »
Now DIC has pulled out the media have stirred some shit up to try and whip Liverpool fans into a fury and give other teams something to point and laugh at.

Its up to Rick Parry and David Moores to justify their reasons for fucking about with DIC and they better give us some good ones. We have seen all but some (what sounds to us) brilliant offers for the club turned down and I for one (without knowing the details) would be pissed to see us sell out to an American fucking shaving company.
You what lad?!

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #444 on: January 31, 2007, 05:42:54 pm »
The fact that the official site has not yet commented may mean that there is hope of resurrecting the deal. Whether or not that would be a good thing I haven't a clue.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #445 on: January 31, 2007, 05:43:15 pm »
I'm not happy.

I was all for DIC to be taking over, they've got a reputation of wanting the best for their businesses, whereas with Gillett I'm very, very wary about having someone who is not aware of our history and reputation.

The board must consider their position that if they are seriously considering a offer from someone who is seriously wanting a groundshare, then it is our responsilbility as patrons of this great sporting institution to prevent that nightmare from happenng.

Businessmen come and go, but L.F.C lives for eternity.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: January 31, 2007, 05:43:18 pm »
looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue..

Offline rafathegaffa

• Legacy Fan
  • Bang bang Rosie
    • A few songs...
« Reply #447 on: January 31, 2007, 05:43:49 pm »

Will Gillett clear the debt?????

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #448 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:12 pm »
Those must be one fucking pair of trainers son!  Fuck me!

Those are probably the ones that I've got :D

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #449 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:21 pm »

Judging by your avatar, you haven't

Offline Red Lust

• Anny Roader
« Reply #450 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:47 pm »
Mascherano my arse. I dont think anyone on here knows whats gone on with that, but I'm sure the club are doing there best. People are equally ignorant as to what has gone on in the boardroom regarding DIC. I've got a suspicion that Moores is doing his best for the club though.

Sorry mate, but you are as in the dark as anyone, and your blind faith of Moores and the existing regime smacks of sentimentalism, at best.

Times have changed, deal with it. The club needs a new stadium, a bit of cash injected, debts paid off, and brought into the 21st century, not least of all in the ticketing systems, etc etc etc. It matters not if one certain British man, or an international corporation own the club, in the end it is owned by someone. The least the board and Moores can do is in good faith ensure that it is sold to the best suitor to ensure the club is managed properly.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:46:46 pm by Red Lust »

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:52 pm »
I agree. DIC wouldn't enter a deal without considering the options so why should we? However I wish someone would publicise how Gillett will pay for the stadium (which doesn't include Tesco UTD)

exactly.  DIC are business people, and so are we.  And regardless of any earlier commitments that Moores may have made to DIC, everybody always would have been aware that the DIC deal would have had to been rubber-stamped at boardroom/shareholder level. 

It seems as if Mohammed threw his toys out of the ring - from the BBC correspondent: "Mohammed is a very angry man and that is why he has pulled out. He was given assurances by Liverpool that they would go with them but the talk of other offers has unsettled him and he has pulled out."

I suppose one has to take the ce la vie approach to this type of setback.  I guess if this is the kneejerk way DIC do business, then maybe we are better off without them.  With that type of kneejerk style, goodness only knows what they would have done to Rafa if he'd lost two games on the trot.

I hope they come back onside.  But they will have to learn some manners.

As for Gillett, like you, I;d like to hear more about his proposal.  If we're gonna be into our eyeballs in debt (ala Man Utd), then he can piss off back to north america.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:47:03 pm by rome1977 »

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:53 pm »
Will Gillett clear the debt?????

I read that Gillett have bankrumpted in the past? If someone can clear that one up!

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:55 pm »
would be pissed to see us sell out to an American fucking shaving company.

:odd :duh :jester :missus :lmao :boxhead :mooncat :rollseyes :thumbup :wellin

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #454 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:58 pm »
The fact that the official site has not yet commented may mean that there is hope of resurrecting the deal. Whether or not that would be a good thing I haven't a clue.

My take on it aswell.

For all we know DIC might have been trying to get hold of Moores and Parry all day and they've been trying to sort out this Maschareno deal and thought they had been swerved.

I think it'll be back on.

Had Gerrard to Chelsea all over it. Dubai me

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #455 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:59 pm »

I find a shot of Sambuca goes down well!

OK, make that a couple!!!

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: January 31, 2007, 05:45:01 pm »

:lmao
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: January 31, 2007, 05:45:03 pm »
Two sides to every story, best waiting to see the facts from both sides before spouting off shite about Moores and Parry and our club being an embarrasment and shambles.

the fans have always taken moores and parrys side ,we had our own captain come out and say he felt like the club were purposely stalling on contract talks ,all this club ever does is delay everything ,I don't want more spin from the club if it means the blame other shareholders other than david moores.
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline mr-4

• Kopite
« Reply #458 on: January 31, 2007, 05:45:07 pm »
Why do you feel so strongly about this? If mister gilette is the next probable buyer then I will be depressed as well and can understand you fully. For now though we have a club that stays in local control, doing well in the league etc. Should be all smiles really. I do admit that I'm somewhat concerned about stanley park though.
I am depressed for at least 2 reasons:

DIC turned out to be either too impatient or, worse still, thought they can bring about our club to negotiate from a gunpoint.
Second, that leaves that Yank/Canadian twat who has been bankrupt twice and even though he is saying he never used the word 'groundshare' I don't trust him. Not one single bit.

As for the board - don't start me on that prick Morgan :no
Bloody ell.   ???

It does seem like a kneejerk reaction from DIC.  Their statement, towards the end, is almost child-like  (e.g. as business men we move on, and we hope as Liverpool supporters that their new owners blah blah blah, etc)

If that's the way DIC do business, then we're better off without them.  We don't need people who throw their toys out of the pram at the slightest annoyance.  Other clubs can have those types of leaders (eg egghead at west ham, shepherd a newcastle).  We always had a bit more class at the top.

As shareholders/directors of the club, our people have every damn right to consider all offers on the table. OK, I am no fan of the Gillette (sensor 2 was shite),  but for goodness sake if DIC were mature business people they'd understand that we had to look at it.  If the shoe was on the other foot, they'd be looking at all proposals prior to selling one of their assets.

I'm very depressed at this turn of events.....the pricks probably think they have us over a barrel - with the stadium build having to start by March time.  And fuk it, we are over a barrel.  Bastards.

I can only hope their statement was a kneekerk reaction and that parry is on the phone at the minute trying to get to the bottom of their bizarre reaction.

Fully agree with this. Sad, if DIC turn out to be such a moody bunch, used to negotiating from a gunpoint!
Mourinho, 19 Feb 2004: Liverpool over Chelsea, no doubt about it
Rick Parry, 22 Aug 2006: You have to aim for the stars, not mediocrity
Chris Bascombe, 21 Sep 2006: No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.

Offline Raftastic

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #459 on: January 31, 2007, 05:45:12 pm »

Its up to Rick Parry and David Moores to justify their reasons for fucking about with DIC and they better give us some good ones. We have seen all but some (what sounds to us) brilliant offers for the club turned down and I for one (without knowing the details) would be pissed to see us sell out to an American fucking shaving company.
[/quote]

The sad thing is this c*nt isn't a part of the shaving company he's a guy who's been bankrupt more times than your local crack addict.

Offline muzzy54

• Anny Roader
  • The Dismal Shore of Acheron
« Reply #460 on: January 31, 2007, 05:45:22 pm »

I'll join you fudge!
“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for Rafael thy Lord, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee"

Red Bible.  Gospel of the Rafalution.  Book of Rafael.  Lines 81-83.

Amen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: January 31, 2007, 05:45:28 pm »

. ;D

Offline kopite789

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #462 on: January 31, 2007, 05:45:38 pm »
There probably just having a Stevie G moment. Rick will be on the phone to them all night and in the morning they'll decide they do want us after all.
25th May 2005 - The greatest night in the history of the world. FACT

Twitter : @kopite789

Offline LFCDore

• Kopite
« Reply #463 on: January 31, 2007, 05:46:24 pm »
We may have blown a big chance here, but we may have had a big escape.

If DIC were looking to sell us on in 7 years then god knows hows hands we'd end up in.

Probably someone richer than DIC?
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'." --Bill Shankly

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: January 31, 2007, 05:46:31 pm »

This is what I was wondering too. Why haven't they released a statement? You'd think they would've heard from DIC before the statement was released and would have some idea of how they would respond. Maybe this caught them by surprise too. At least they haven't issued a knee-jerk response.

This takeover stuff is exasperating. I'm a football fan, not a business fan, ffs.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: January 31, 2007, 05:46:31 pm »
There probably just having a Stevie G moment. Rick will be on the phone to them all night and in the morning they'll decide they do want us after all.

;D

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #466 on: January 31, 2007, 05:46:44 pm »
Tory Bose is on News 24.

The board has apprently fucked about DIC.

BASTARDS!

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline cj

• didn't get where he is today without becoming a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: January 31, 2007, 05:47:16 pm »
Mascherano my arse. I dont think anyone on here knows whats gone on with that, but I'm sure the club are doing there best. People are equally ignorant as to what has gone on in the boardroom regarding DIC. I've got a suspicion that Moores is doing his best for the club though.

In reply to those who say that Moores and Parry   have never done anythning and have ruined us; they got us Rafa, whch was a million times better than DIC. NONE OF YOU KNOW THEIR REAL PLANS FOR LFC, ONLY WHAT THEY TOLD YOU. What a coincidence they told us positive things.
Once again I agree with you. We've done really well the last couple of years, which noone can contest really. I don't want a team thats "bought" in simply due to their skills. I want heart and fight.

I'm not to happy about us being in the yank eye now though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:49:03 pm by cj »

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #468 on: January 31, 2007, 05:47:20 pm »
We have always been a club that does it's business behind closed doors. Just because you don't know what is happening all the time doesn't mean we are massively incompetent.

Moores has always loved Liverpool, he's always done what's best for us and I personally think he deserves a little more trust and respect than he is getting at the moment. He brought us Rafa for fucks sake. The amount of people jumping on him when they don't know any of the facts or details is astonishing.

Trust in our chairman or we're no better than the shite.

Just wanted to second this point. I also think he is trustworthy and honourable. I may be naiive but I think he is Red through and through and would only do what's best for the club.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #469 on: January 31, 2007, 05:47:39 pm »
Mr Al Ansari said: “We were... prepared to offer shareholders a significant premium on the market price of the shares.”

“However, we will not overpay for assets,” he added.

_____

Is this the same Sheikh who paid $10.2 million for a Horse that never won and never sired?

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #470 on: January 31, 2007, 05:47:42 pm »
am i right in saying moores has don us over for 8M extra for him?

Don't know but don't think so, DIC say they had an agreement with Moores over his shares so he was behind their offer, it looks as if there was a fall out at last nights board meeting and Moores has caved in to pressure to give more time. The anti DIC  board members might have hoped this would trigger a negative response from DIC, who knows but Moores was prepared to accept the lower bid so it isn't greed, probably the same old story of stupidity or being badly adviced.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline Raftastic

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #471 on: January 31, 2007, 05:48:00 pm »

Oh i hope you are right and i go to bed tonight allmost crying and find myself being woken by my little girl screaming that DIC/Stevie has signed a contract.

Offline LFCDore

• Kopite
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'." --Bill Shankly

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #473 on: January 31, 2007, 05:48:27 pm »

I hope so!!
Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #474 on: January 31, 2007, 05:48:54 pm »
I suppose it'll come out on the wash. I'm not getting too worried just yet.
Internet terrorist

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #475 on: January 31, 2007, 05:49:07 pm »
It's more like a whole lot of supporters are throwing their toys out of the pram. Probably those who had spent DIC money on Alves and God knows who else.

Liverpool Football Club have always been about more than money alone.
Moores and Parry understand that. As do the board.

The next investors will understand that too.

Patience my young padawans..do not read more into it than there is. :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #476 on: January 31, 2007, 05:49:11 pm »
This is what I was wondering too. Why haven't they released a statement? You'd think they would've heard from DIC before the statement was released and would have some idea of how they would respond. Maybe this caught them by surprise too. At least they haven't issued a knee-jerk response.

This takeover stuff is exasperating. I'm a football fan, not a business fan, ffs.

:thumbup

Offline 5 times lumper

• Main Stander
  • hes small hes red he,ll kick u in the head bellamy
« Reply #477 on: January 31, 2007, 05:49:20 pm »
moores wanted dic it was granada and other share holders that  wanted more money
benitez said dont worry ill wipe away your tears cos stevie g is red and a red he,ll be for years you can keep your john terry stick your lampard up your arse cos carragher is here and gerrards stayin ours

Offline kizzak

• Main Stander
« Reply #478 on: January 31, 2007, 05:49:37 pm »
I realise I'm a bit late jumping on this thread.

I work on a magazine that writes about private equity and (clears his throat and thinks about getting his coat) I don't think this is a bad thing. 

DIC is a very young private equity firm that is looking for trophy assets in the UK, ie Madame Tussauds. 

Plus they will definetly look to sell the club in 3-5 years and they won't care who buys it, just as long as they get the best price.

Gilette owns the Montreal Canadiens who have won more titles than any other club in the National Hockey league.  Ring any bells?  Whilst I wouldn't say they are the most traditional club now that big money has seeped into the game - they do have a fan base that is more loyal than any other and that identifies and lives and breathes the club.  Does that ring any bells. 

In other words, Gilette has a lot of experience dealing with a hard core, loyal fan base where DIC doesn't. 

And know how much they have won since Gillet took over? Fuck all.

Happen to know the last time they won the Stanley Cup? 1992-1993.

The highest they've come in their division is 3rd of 5th under his ownership, clearly he is best suited for owning Liverpool.  ::)

Fact of the matter is if Gillet is successful in his bid, we'll be up for auction in about 4-5 years after he goes bankrupt again.

Offline susie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #479 on: January 31, 2007, 05:49:44 pm »
My tuppence:

Fair play if the only people who know all the details want the best for the club and see considering all options available as just that. If DIC can't understand that, considering they have little more than basically a 'gentleman's agreement' then what kind of businessmen are they?

If they think we should just hand the club over to them without considering new bids due to several carefully worded and emotive press statements then thanks but no thanks and fuck you very much.

If this is how they respond to a rival showing a heightened level of aggression and competetiveness toward buying something they want then the children can go and play somewhere else.

I personally think it's just a show of strength, that they won't have left the scene just yet and am happy to wait longer if our club is not just handed over due to a little exerted pressure.

Hear hear

And as for the 'we're fucked' brigade... cop yourselves on! We haven't suddenly turned into Leeds United. On the pitch (where it matters) Liverpool is in the best position its been in for quite a few years.

We'll carry on doing what we're doing and trust the board to do the right thing. I don't think Moores has ever given us any reason to doubt that he wants whatever is in LFC's best interests. Bear in mind we haven't really got a clue whats going on behind the scenes.

As for the statement... no news is good news as far as I'm concerned. Parry is more than likely on the phone to DIC as we speak trying to sort this out