Author Topic: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide  (Read 338310 times)

Offline falkie71

• Kemlynite
Re: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide
« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2008, 05:36:56 pm »
Been looking up where to go for a beer this eve, and came across the Friend in Hand in Bloomsbury (behind Russel Sq tube).  The blurb about it on www.beerintheevening.com says 'We show all major live sporting events on our 2 plasma screens during the evenings. All live Liverpool games will have first preference to any other games!'.

Might be worth a visit sometime when a game's on, a bit more central than F3K which is a bit of a treck for me to get to. 

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2008, 06:01:33 pm »
Famous 3 Kings for the Chelsea game or is that too near their territory?! Anyone ever watched games in O'Neills in Ealing? Live nearby and have heard there's normally a fair few reds in there.

Offline phoenixblood

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2008, 06:37:50 pm »
Famous 3 Kings for the Chelsea game or is that too near their territory?! Anyone ever watched games in O'Neills in Ealing? Live nearby and have heard there's normally a fair few reds in there.

I watch in there from time to time, always a good rep of reds...haven't for a biggie, might have to for the chelsea game though.
Torres is fucking rubbish,played some decent football 2 years ago and nothing since!  If we buy him,we'll end up paying ridiculous amount of money on some overhyped shite of a player instead of focusing our attention(and money) on some truly world class strikers!!!

Offline SGTBabbel

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2008, 08:57:10 pm »
Famous 3 Kings rocks  8)

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2008, 09:04:54 pm »

No worries watching the Chelsea game in F3K, I'm certainly going to watch it there.  Saw the semi final there last season and it was packed out with reds.  Maybe about 10 people in there following Chelsea. 

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2008, 02:12:20 pm »
So F3K sounds good.

Anyone got any advice for a Reds friendly pub on my side of London? - Aldgate/Liverpool Street/Tower Bridge - that general area!
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2008, 02:57:53 pm »
The biggest downer on 3kings is that you have to pay 3 quid to get in which is bollocks but you do get a bottle of beer with that so it works out as a little less.

Still, worth it as i'd rather pay to watch in there than go elsewhere for free. It'll be bouncing again, no worries about being close to chelsea
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline dan17

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: April 21, 2008, 06:18:28 pm »
ill be down there tomorrow for my debut. hope its bouncing
"The very word Anfield means more to me than i can describe" Bill Shankly

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: April 21, 2008, 06:34:30 pm »

Is good down there. 40min tube journey for me thou so it depends what time i get out of work!

Money for me and you!!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2008, 06:47:11 pm »
Any particular area to congregate in at the F3K? Have you boys all met up before?

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2008, 08:15:40 pm »
Any particular area to congregate in at the F3K? Have you boys all met up before?

I haven't 'met up' with anyone there before - but as soon as you get there you will see. Id imagine reds will be swarming all over the place. Have only been there the once cos they had the home game v West Ham on and it was great.

Anyway does anyone have any info on:

Anyone got any advice for a Reds friendly pub on my side of London? - Aldgate/Liverpool Street/Tower Bridge - that general area!

Money for me and you!!

Offline Hoodfella

• Attention seeker. ENT Speciallist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Strictly Morrocan Hashish - No Skunk here son!
    • TRIGGS VEGA
« Reply #411 on: April 21, 2008, 08:17:25 pm »
Yea F3K, is always good. Was good the other night too for the Calzaghe fight, was basically a lock in. Good stuff. Also, 2min walk from my estate so no complaints from me.
Oh how the F3K has changed, used to be the biggest pub drug den in the West Kensington area, full scale police operation soon put that to bed. Never been the same since. Oh, how I miss those days!! ;D
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. 

Plato o Plomo - Pablo Escobar.

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to all of my problems!

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: April 21, 2008, 08:21:17 pm »
So F3K sounds good.

My advice would be to go F3K.  I know it's a bit further but the extra half hour would be well worth it going by the Arsenal 2nd leg I watched in there.

Offline Duffyk07

• Kemlynite
« Reply #413 on: April 21, 2008, 08:22:01 pm »
not islington but walkabout in temple is great for these night, huge pub full of reds cracking if we win, pub is rancid normally but great for watching sport,e out of temple underground turn right and right again, pub is 50 yards from there

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #414 on: April 21, 2008, 09:01:16 pm »

I'm the same I've just moved to Bethnal Green. For Sat 3pms Ive been going to The White Bear in Kennington they show all  the 3pm matches. For the Euros tho its defo all about F3K and worth the trek there without a doubt.

It will be - there's hardly any Chelsea fans and its full of reds.

Best bit is by the giant screen where everyone stands up rather than the tvs I reckon. Thats were we go anyway and were most of the singing...and bouncing is as well.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #415 on: April 21, 2008, 09:08:00 pm »
I'm the same I've just moved to Bethnal Green. For Sat 3pms Ive been going to The White Bear in Kennington they show all  the 3pm matches.

That pub is quite near me.  Have you been many times, is there a bias for Liverpool there?  Do they show all our games? 

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 21, 2008, 09:42:34 pm »
Will trek over to F3K if I can get out of work early. Bt cheers for some more local alternatives!

Money for me and you!!

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2008, 09:48:01 pm »
Will probably head down to the 3K after all tomorrow. Although will probably have to get there early to get a decent spot/get in.

It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline dan17

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #418 on: April 21, 2008, 11:25:18 pm »
Will probably head down to the 3K after all tomorrow. Although will probably have to get there early to get a decent spot/get in.

how early is early!?
"The very word Anfield means more to me than i can describe" Bill Shankly

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 21, 2008, 11:27:23 pm »

If I go, I will probably head down at 6:45-7
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
« Reply #420 on: April 21, 2008, 11:28:12 pm »
ive always get in there by 645, not sure if queues still form after 715.

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 22, 2008, 02:24:08 pm »
Will hopefully see you gents in the F3K then.

If anyone wants to come say hello i'll be the guy wearing red

Money for me and you!!

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #422 on: April 22, 2008, 03:03:02 pm »
Will hopefully see you gents in the F3K then.

If anyone wants to come say hello i'll be the guy wearing red

That's got to be a joke - or I've been whooshed....

I'm heading over straight after work, hope to get there for 6:30, (you dont need to pay if you get in before then. £3 after) Lookin forward to seeing you all there. I'll be in the away shirt with red long sleeves underneath. (Lucky - worn it all through this champs league and at Anfield for the derby) Tube back should be interesting though...

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #423 on: April 22, 2008, 03:11:13 pm »
Tube back should be interesting though...

Bring a coat! Could be more interesting next week with the (hopefully) disappointed hordes of Chelsea fans on the same tube line. Watching this with my bro now but might try and make it down there for the 2nd leg. Look forward to reading about the bouncing tomorrow!

Offline Jedimills

• Main Stander
« Reply #424 on: April 22, 2008, 03:12:22 pm »
I have been going to F3K for about 8 years now and live and die by it if I can't get to the game.  It is BOUNCING all night!  I am the loud cu*t who stands by the smaller screen out the back!  :-)

It will be heaving in there tonight.... I am buzzing already!

I have done the circuit in London looking for Red pubs and this is by far and away the best Red pub in the smoke.  You do pay £3 to get in but this is because you would get all the pikeys in there drinking water watching the game for free.  You're going to buy a beer anyway so let's not kick up a fuss.  I'd pay an entrance fee for this place on a big Euro night regardless.

See you there!

BOUNCE!

Offline sumdumguy

• Anny Roader
  • Winning is everything
« Reply #425 on: April 22, 2008, 03:57:51 pm »

Full of Chelsea fans mate
Tell me, and I will forget. Show me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I will understand.

Offline teeaitchbee

• Boys Pen
« Reply #426 on: April 22, 2008, 04:37:57 pm »
i'm getting to the point where if if if if when when when when (for the love of Robbie) we get through i'm heading back north for the final. i went to the extra time for years until it decided that burly men in dresses was a better draw than wall to wall singing scousers.

i could really do with a recommendation in south london (or central if needs be) - i'm in battersea - my mate i watch every game with is in brixton - so normally we compromise on the alex in clapham common - but it's more of a compromise of geography - i'd like to find somewhere to have a good old sing song as well - with people who know the words and will join in

'ooooon thhheee fiiiieeelllddds offfff oh - oh - really?' dammit

any help much appreciated

and

i'm having a change of venue tonight - the duck in clapham junction. i'll be the only one in there shouting in this seasons's lucky 'john&paul&ringo&george' t-shirt if any other rawkers are around

keeping everything crossed - and tying a lucky knot in anything uncrossable - means i'll walk somewhat gingerly but fuppit

W O amigos

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #427 on: April 22, 2008, 04:58:51 pm »

i'm having a change of venue tonight - the duck in clapham junction. i'll be the only one in there shouting in this seasons's lucky 'john&paul&ringo&george' t-shirt if any other rawkers are around

Watched the 2nd leg of the Benfica game there so not been back since - were plenty of Reds in there but not much singing. Would have thought there will be plenty of Chelsea fans there tonight though

Offline Mucho-Xabi

• Anny Roader
  • Fight the Cuts
« Reply #428 on: April 22, 2008, 05:43:16 pm »
Been looking up where to go for a beer this eve, and came across the Friend in Hand in Bloomsbury (behind Russel Sq tube).  The blurb about it on www.beerintheevening.com says 'We show all major live sporting events on our 2 plasma screens during the evenings. All live Liverpool games will have first preference to any other games!'.

Might be worth a visit sometime when a game's on, a bit more central than F3K which is a bit of a treck for me to get to. 

Used to be a Red pub. Landlord used to have scarves behind the bar, showed all the games. But he;s gone back to Ireland. Not as good as it used to be. They'll show the game tonight

My top tip is Bar on Tot, on Tottenham court road full of city reds who don't mind a sing song Bog screen too.
Ta Rafa La

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #429 on: April 22, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »
Used to be a Red pub. Landlord used to have scarves behind the bar, showed all the games. But he;s gone back to Ireland. Not as good as it used to be. They'll show the game tonight

My top tip is Bar on Tot, on Tottenham court road full of city reds who don't mind a sing song Bog screen too.

Bog screen? Brilliant - never miss a second, eh?

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: April 22, 2008, 11:49:45 pm »
Just got back from 3 kings. Not as full or buzzing as the arsenal fixtures for some reason but pretty good and almost certainly much better than anywhere else round here. I was the one getting the gary mac song going if you heard it, dunno how that started off mind!
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Rafatollah

• Anny Roader
« Reply #431 on: April 23, 2008, 12:56:52 am »

Yeah i know it. Bar at TCR.

Seen a couple of games in there - last one was the Arsenal first leg - buzzing atmosphere.

Really small though - it can get jammed. Drinks are probably a bit cheaper than central london prices too, but not by much.

Offline Jedimills

• Main Stander
« Reply #432 on: April 23, 2008, 08:26:58 am »
Just got back from 3 kings. Not as full or buzzing as the arsenal fixtures for some reason but pretty good and almost certainly much better than anywhere else round here. I was the one getting the gary mac song going if you heard it, dunno how that started off mind!

I agree, not as good as the Arsenal fixture, the fact that he only had the one screen out back on took away from it a bit I think.

I remember the Gary Mac song going off, good work.  I also remember the rendition of YNWA being cut short by JAR nodding it in his own net.

I AM GUTTED!  Beyond belief here and the worst thing is I am in Barcelona for the 2nd leg.  GUTTED!

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #433 on: April 24, 2008, 11:07:27 pm »
I been going to F3k quite alot recently. What was great there was when Arsenal equalised in the 83rd all their fans were givin it the "THEO!" chants, before they even finished those we got a pen, you should have seen their faces!

Its quality at the 3 Kings, chelsea wasn't bouncin like the arsenal games were, no idea why, a few more nuetrals maybe. Still I'll be there next week. I'll be the little asian bastard jumpin on top of people when goals go in. Launched into a few lads from a platform by the little staircase (Which I broke) when Kuyt scored the other night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: April 28, 2008, 11:56:05 am »
Wheres everyone watching Wednesday then?

Is F3K a little close to Chelsea territory to be a viable option.

Also:

Money for me and you!!

Offline Bouncer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "It's not my ego, it's my responsibility" Benitez
« Reply #435 on: April 28, 2008, 01:08:46 pm »
Wheres everyone watching Wednesday then?

Is F3K a little close to Chelsea territory to be a viable option.

Also:

Cant touch the Walkabout - massive screen - 20+ all round the sides - even screens over the urinals - there'll be plenty of singing if me Andy, Dee and Mon are about - every fucking syllable loud and proud - plenty of Scouser Tommy and Liverbird renditions - well at least up to verse 8 ;-)! It gets busy mind - better be in by 6pm.

Get in Redmen!
Gatusso says that Liverpool play too many long balls?

I don’t think he watches many Liverpool games, the same way I don’t watch many Milan games. (Rafa)

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #436 on: April 28, 2008, 02:41:58 pm »
Cant touch the Walkabout - massive screen - 20+ all round the sides - even screens over the urinals - there'll be plenty of singing if me Andy, Dee and Mon are about - every fucking syllable loud and proud - plenty of Scouser Tommy and Liverbird renditions - well at least up to verse 8 ;-)! It gets busy mind - better be in by 6pm.

Get in Redmen!

Was in there for the final last year and thought it was pretty lame to be honest. Too many tourists, and the singing was confined to a few pockets. Happy to be persuaded otherwise, cos if it was full of reds it would be ideal. Just seems to be full of part-timers…

Gonna try the F3K, but won't be there till just before seven. Will i get in, ya reckon?
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline Tam

• Kopite
« Reply #437 on: April 28, 2008, 02:45:10 pm »
Gonna try the F3K, but won't be there till just before seven. Will i get in, ya reckon?
Should be ok at 7. It usually gets busy around 7:15 - 7:30
We Are The Champions!
Of Who?
Champions Of Europe!
Of Where?
Champions Of Europe!
Oh Right

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #438 on: April 28, 2008, 03:13:43 pm »
Tam what time you gettin there mate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline Tam

• Kopite
« Reply #439 on: April 28, 2008, 04:21:38 pm »
Probably early knowing me. Somewhere between 6 and half past
We Are The Champions!
Of Who?
Champions Of Europe!
Of Where?
Champions Of Europe!