Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1532554 times)

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #5400 on: April 20, 2015, 11:10:12 am »
Wasn't that supposed to of been lifted?after

Anyway I don't buy this we're cursed stuff really. No curse has forced us to buy some of the utter dross we've signed over the past 20 odd years. That's not a curse, that's just decision making/management.

Well we did have a go a few years ago at lifting the curse.  It involved pissing on the corner flags - which was a great success.  But the next step was a human sacrifice involving ripping the still beating heart out Inca style in the centre circle.  This was where it went to fuck.  Nobody wouild volunteer.  For shame.  And I'd polished the ornamental dagger and booked the after sacrifice catering.  And people like to call themselves supporters.  Are they bollix. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:20:57 am by Maggie May »
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #5401 on: April 20, 2015, 11:12:31 am »
It was some silly stuff or other involving a dark mystical ritual done on the pitch, or something. Completely made up by some colourful pub character, I'd bet. I've been taking the piss about it, but I'm just astonished beyond all rationality at how Gerrard's Liverpool (& England captain) days are coming to a close.

There are meant to be some markings dotted around the ground. Some Croatian gypsy curse or something. There was a thread on here about it a few years ago. Which also had pictures of these markings in it.

Somebody told me that curse was meant to off been lifted last year. Not that I believe any of that nonsense anyway.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5402 on: April 20, 2015, 11:20:03 am »
There are meant to be some markings dotted aroundo the ground. Some Croatian gypsy curse or something. There was a thread on here about it a few years ago. Which also had pictures of these markings in it.

Somebody told me that curse was meant to off been lifted last year. Not that I believe any of that nonsense anyway.

Yeah. Right.  Its all on RAWK.   Cackles and goes off to harvest some magic herbs .................

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #5403 on: April 20, 2015, 11:30:18 am »
We had the perfect excuse to kill Ian Ayre, guys. We could've just said it was an aura-cleansing blood sacrifice, and everyone would have understood. SMH
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5404 on: April 20, 2015, 11:30:38 am »

Yeah. Right.  Its all on RAWK.   Cackles and goes off to harvest some magic herbs .................

;D

Seriously though. Someone did post a thread about some gypsy curse on here some years ago. Load of bollocks all that shite though. No curse ever forced us to sign some of the players we have done.

Offline wirral_red

• Main Stander
« Reply #5405 on: April 20, 2015, 11:36:49 am »
Sadly, we must attract the biggest percentage of weirdos and nerds of any other club in the country.

Our support is finished.

There's still a hardcore there of mainly local lads, and the long standing lads from all over as well, but in crowds like yesterday when everyone is spilt up, we are just diluted amongst the shear volume of divvies and weirdos.

I was on row 35 of 503 yesterday (upper tier), and the split was obvious. Along my row and behind everyone stood and at least tried to have a go. On the 34 rows in front of us, everyone of them sat down on kick off and never made a sound all game, apart from after the goal. It was just a mix of all kinds (men, women, OAPs) all decked out in the replica clobber. It wasn't a Liverpool support. They had no interested whatsoever in supporting.

The only time we have anything about us anymore is at the odd away game, when the allocation is smaller and everyone bothers their arse to go. Otherwise, it's finished.

Anfield is a joke, the majority of the aways are going the same way, and even the European aways are filling up with these new weirdos.

Our support is dying. Fast.

Is right lad, was on row 38 in 502 & apart from a few small pockets who tried to give it a go throughout the game it was shite. The number of fans who just sat there & watched without trying to get involved was just abysmal...the complete opposite of the Villa fans who it felt were all up on their feet & giving it loads.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #5406 on: April 20, 2015, 11:41:04 am »
Totally agree with the comments here. A lot more concerning than losing to Villa, is the amount of people who are here for a day out in their replica tops and selfie sticks.

Tried 4 or 5 time to get a few songs going and people look at you as if you are doing something weird.

I'm honestly thinking of swerving it.
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5407 on: April 20, 2015, 11:43:50 am »
I know it's easy to get carried away with our win today, but our away support and not just today has been immense.

When you think that before the match today we'd not won an away league game with one goal scored, isn't it heart warming to know that we have support like that?

Absolute massive kudos to everyone of them, and I know that a lot of RAWKites will have been there today and most other aways.

You are the lifeblood of our great club.  :scarf

Thank you, Terry... :wave

The original Post from this thread

Sad times innit :(

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5408 on: April 20, 2015, 11:47:23 am »
;D

Seriously though. Someone did post a thread about some gypsy curse on here some yearsoin ago. Load of bollocks all that shite though. No curse ever forced us to sign some of the players we have done.

Absolutely true.  The thread does exist somewhere on RAWK and we got close to curse lifting save for some selfish fucker.  But the signings ............  Sweet Christ on a pony ...................

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5409 on: April 20, 2015, 11:49:33 am »
Absolutely true.  The thread does exist somewhere on RAWK and we got close to curse lifting save for some selfish fucker. But the signings ............  Sweet Christ on a pony ...................

Who was that Maggie? Or can't you say?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5410 on: April 20, 2015, 11:52:51 am »
No club has done as much to ruin their atmosphere as Liverpool. They've diluted the home support for a generation and that gets transferred to finals and even the away support.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5411 on: April 20, 2015, 11:54:24 am »
The original Post from this thread

Sad times innit :(

Just for a little bit of context I'm guessing (from memory) that that might have been when we beat Wigan 4-0 away and were 4 up by half time. Local game with a big allocation and a performance like that and I bet we'd still see similar this season?

Offline kerrilee05

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5412 on: April 20, 2015, 12:23:02 pm »
I'm coming to accept our proper support is slowly but surely dwindling. I used to love going to the game, it wasn't about just watching the football it was about being a part of something, an identity we could relate to. I walk past so many of our fans now and I cringe, iPads, half n halfs, Wanker Hats, generic football chants that were never heard by Liverpool fans. It's been happening at Anfield for a while but it's crept into aways and 'big' Wembley games. People blame lack of standing for poor atmosphere, I was behind the goal and stood the whole game as did everyone around me that I could see and still songs were few and far between. LFC has become a tourist attraction and it's slowly pushing me away.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5413 on: April 20, 2015, 12:23:14 pm »
Quote from: Solomon Grundy link=topic=154980.msg13778944#msg13778944 date=142952ue6973
Who was that Maggie? Or can't you say?

Didn't catch the name.  I'm not up to snuff with human sacrifice etiquette so we didn't do the formalities.  So I did the speaking in tongues stuff which nobody understands - not unsurprising as I only made it up myself on the spur of the moment for effect.  So I've got the full robes and ornamental dagger thing - turn my back and the kunts have only let the fucker slip.  It was so fucking humiliating.  What is the point of being a high priestess if your sacrifical thing has fucked off and you are standing there, knife in hand, like a divvy?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5414 on: April 20, 2015, 12:24:15 pm »
It seemed like it was a struggle to get songs going as different pockets were singing a different song or were at a different pace, only FOAR really got going properly. Even Poetry in Motion struggled. Pretty good where I was behind the goal in spells, but had a man next to me - in his mid-fifties or so - with a hand held camcorder that he kept attached to his hand the whole game, he was filming behind during and at the end he zoomed in on our players as they sat on the pitch. Even filmed the odd Villa attack. Only thing he uttered of any note during the game was to scream "you're garbage" at various players.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #5415 on: April 20, 2015, 12:26:30 pm »
was in 516, first half was pretty good I thought. Got to stood the whole match too, although some preferred to sit. But had a group of people who got it going and a decent amount of us around  joined in. Second half was pretty non existence, but the football was horrible too. Didn't think it was that bad as I read it here, but I guess its down to where you were sat/stood.

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #5416 on: April 20, 2015, 12:29:55 pm »
Absolute bollocks !

The women sat in front of me in 112 must have a great connection cause she spent the entire fking game sat down (cant see the game as everyone around her was stood up) on Facebook.

I think i'm done now anyway, can't stand it anymore.

Haha , you had me with that first line  ;D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5417 on: April 20, 2015, 12:33:12 pm »
Quote from: Bitter Mug link=topic=154980.msg13778949#msg13778949 datre=1429527171
No club has done as much to ruin their atmosphere as Liverpool. They've diluted the home support for a generation and that gets transferred to finals and even the away support.

Horribly you are right.  If they had set out to do that they couldn't have done a better job.  It is so fucking awful and I don't see it stopping.

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #5418 on: April 20, 2015, 12:37:26 pm »
I was only thinking about the gypsy curse thing the other day, I can't quite remember what the story is/was though. You be able to refresh my memory mate?

It was some silly stuff or other involving a dark mystical ritual done on the pitch, or something. Completely made up by some colourful pub character, I'd bet. I've been taking the piss about it, but I'm just astonished beyond all rationality at how Gerrard's Liverpool (& England captain) days are coming to a close.

This is the thread ...  ;D

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=22006.msg323845#msg323845
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5419 on: April 20, 2015, 12:40:33 pm »

Didn't catch the name.  I'm not up to snuff with human sacrifice etiquette so we didn't do the formalities.  So I did the speaking in tongues stuff which nobody understands - not unsurprising as I only made it up myself on the spur of the moment for effect.  So I've got the full robes and ornamental dagger thing - turn my back and the kunts have only let the fucker slip.  It was so fucking humiliating.  What is the point of being a high priestess if your sacrifical thing has fucked off and you are standing there, knife in hand, like a divvy?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ;D

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5420 on: April 20, 2015, 12:54:49 pm »

While I wholeheartedly agree, I'm not sure yesterday was really the club's fault. Great atmosphere outside, but for whatever reason, it went as soon as we entered the ground.

I was around the ground for quite some time before/after and it didn't seem to have the amount of whoppers we've seen at Anfield over the past season.
YNWA.

Offline noneoftheabove

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5421 on: April 20, 2015, 01:13:52 pm »
was in 516, first half was pretty good I thought. Got to stood the whole match too, although some preferred to sit. But had a group of people who got it going and a decent amount of us around  joined in. Second half was pretty non existence, but the football was horrible too. Didn't think it was that bad as I read it here, but I guess its down to where you were sat/stood.

Agree about 516. Not too bad in there apart from the cockney on the row calling Sterling a "c**t" at every opportunity and a couple of Wanker Hats. Some decent fans around me.  People genuinely deflated and frustrated second half by the display on the pitch especially later on, and this did not help getting the singing going.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5422 on: April 20, 2015, 01:14:51 pm »
Two of the worst atmosphere's this season (blackburn and bolton) pretty much sorted you a ticket and essentially we took anfield's atmosphere to wembley, was shocking, imagine paying upto £63 to go on your phone

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5423 on: April 20, 2015, 01:17:09 pm »
Two of the worst atmosphere's this season (blackburn and bolton) pretty much sorted you a ticket and essentially we took anfield's atmosphere to wembley, was shocking, imagine paying upto £63 to go on your phone

I couldn't even get any fucking reception and I'm on EE, who seem to now own Wembley Stadium judging by their advertising! I had it fine before and after, it was like they switched it off as the whistle blew, how do all these whoppers get any signal as I never get any in any stadium.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5424 on: April 20, 2015, 01:29:36 pm »
While I wholeheartedly agree, I'm not sure yesterday was really the club's fault. Great atmosphere outside, but for whatever reason, it went as soon as we entered the ground.

I was around the ground for quite some time before/after and it didn't seem to have the amount of whoppers we've seen at Anfield over the past season.

The performance on the pitch probably killed it but for these big games the singers need to be together. If they're all dotted around Wembley then it's diluted. A seated Liverpool crowd is also a passive one.

The club need to do something. Our global fanbase are a vital part of our spending power but the atmosphere and fan culture of the club is also a big part of attracting a global fanbase because we hardly win anything anymore so it's not for the glory. If the club aren't careful we'll lose the atmosphere as well as that global fanbase if success continues to dry up.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #5425 on: April 20, 2015, 01:43:43 pm »
The performance on the pitch probably killed it but for these big games the singers need to be together. If they're all dotted around Wembley then it's diluted. A seated Liverpool crowd is also a passive one.

The club need to do something. Our global fanbase are a vital part of our spending power but the atmosphere and fan culture of the club is also a big part of attracting a global fanbase because we hardly win anything anymore so it's not for the glory. If the club aren't careful we'll lose the atmosphere as well as that global fanbase if success continues to dry up.

I think regardless of whether we're successful on the pitch, in 10-20 years, the last of the old school reds will either be OAP's, or dead, and there's very, very few young lads going and sitting together (or going with their old fellas) to carry on the traditions. The club aren't arsed about any of that, and the prices will keep going up, with each price increase another nail goes in the coffin. Honestly mate, our support as we knew it is finished. As much as I'd get on board with any action or ideas people have, a part of me thinks it's inevitable.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5426 on: April 20, 2015, 02:07:55 pm »
I think regardless of whether we're successful on the pitch, in 10-20 years, the last of the old school reds will either be OAP's, or dead, and there's very, very few young lads going and sitting together (or going with their old fellas) to carry on the traditions. The club aren't arsed about any of that, and the prices will keep going up, with each price increase another nail goes in the coffin. Honestly mate, our support as we knew it is finished. As much as I'd get on board with any action or ideas people have, a part of me thinks it's inevitable.

Pretty much, yeah. So what will we have left in 10-20 years? Say we maybe win the odd domestic cup again in that time and have the odd CL season then the global brand will take a large hit. That will impact on spending power and with the local support missing a generation, it'll be a real state of flux because we won't have the great Anfield atmosphere to market anymore, nor will we have tons of daytrippers desperate to go to Anfield. At that point we may not be able to fill the ground anymore.

The club need to do something but we've got owners who aren't likely to think long term because it's just a business venture.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5427 on: April 20, 2015, 02:14:46 pm »
Powerful picture

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
« Reply #5428 on: April 20, 2015, 02:14:48 pm »

The ticket sales for this game were part of the problem.
I understand that loyal attending fans get first pick - that's absolutely fair. But it was impossible to get tickets other than from touts for the likes of me.
I go to around 10 games a season. It involves flights, usually accommodation and costs a fair whack. On top of that, I usually have to score tickets at Anfield at well over face value, or sit in with home fans for away games. I cannot build up ticket credits.

Yet tickets are sold to those who can get them off the club and are subsequently touted. So the supporters who the club wants to go are touting their tickets. Not all obviously, but it's the original source of the touts' tickets.
Meanwhile supporters, like myself, who go to as many games as is affordable and can get tickets for, are left with no choice but to buy off touts, who have sourced their tickets from profiteering supporters who qualify for tickets in the first place.

It's easy to say that people like me are part of the problem as we feed the tout markets, but the real problem are those lucky enough to get tickets and feed the touts / become touts. I don't know how big a percentage of the qualifying supporters do this, and how many don't look to profit if they can't attend - rather few don't look to profit judging on the lack of a ticket exchange for the semi final. The club does not allocate tickets to touts. The qualifying supporters supply the touted tickets.

I don't know what the solution is, perhaps the club should seek proof of attendance for big games like this, ie, send back stubs, to stay on the list of qualified supporters, or acknowledges the dilemma of genuine supporters like me by accepting match stubs as proof of loyalty. It would reduce the number of tourists who can afford the tout prices and go to the game for the experience. I did it for the Arsenal Reading game. I was in town for our semi-final anyway, so I got tickets, went, and contributed nothing to the atmosphere in the Reading end.
SOS member 7832

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5429 on: April 20, 2015, 02:17:12 pm »
Behind the goal there were a few LFC stewards who never told people to sit down yet in other blocks around our end, I saw stewards telling people to sit all the time.

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #5430 on: April 20, 2015, 02:17:41 pm »
Was in the 500s yesterday. Started off tame and got worse from there.

Wasn't helped by a spat between fans behind me who wanted to sit down and some lads in front who refused to - stewards intervening, bickering started between different sections. A lot of people then didn't know when to stand/sit/half-sit.

I also think there was a general feeling of disbelief at what's gone wrong with the squad lately - that 'hard-to-put-your-finger-on-it' headscratching mood just got worse and worse. Not defending it, but it was there.

As someone else has said, we were pathetic on and off the pitch yesterday.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:24:05 pm by That Kennedy moment »
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #5431 on: April 20, 2015, 02:22:23 pm »
Absolute shite. Been saying for years Cardiff puts Wembley to shame and today just goes to show. Modern football grounds like that are shit. trying to market the experience of it all. Get to fuck.

More than just for football, though - a couple of my mates have watched a lot of rugby all over the world and they'll tell you that the Millennium is the best stadium by far.
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #5432 on: April 20, 2015, 02:23:20 pm »
Powerful picture

Yep. You know the club would see absolutely nothing wrong with that picture in the bottom right though, all inclusive happy clappy is the way forward.

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
« Reply #5433 on: April 20, 2015, 02:25:52 pm »
More locals who go home and away will have jibbed it next season ... Are away support was something to clutch to but now that's even gone. Sad .. When you see united away support and it's the best in the league.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5434 on: April 20, 2015, 02:29:42 pm »
What happened to that 20th minute turn your back protest?? I looked around and literally couldn't spot one person who had even bothered to do it. No one really seems to give a fuck.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:35:28 pm by Bunter »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5435 on: April 20, 2015, 02:31:58 pm »
Only wish it was a 7pm KO yesterday so we could have had more time in the pub and continued the great atmosphere and songs.

Wembley really is a soulless fucking pit isn't it. Fucking horrible place.

Anyone with 2 home games through the Auto-cup got a ticket yesterday and it showed.

Cant wait for West Brom Saturday. Reckon it will be the usual bunch of regular supporters there as the JCL's wont have a ticket or wont be arsed now we only have effectively just an extreme outside chance of 4th place.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5436 on: April 20, 2015, 02:33:22 pm »
Powerful picture

Martin Keown shouldn't let his son do this sort of thing.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #5437 on: April 20, 2015, 02:36:28 pm »
What happened to that 20th minute turn your back protest?? I looked around and literally couldn't spot one person who had even bothered to do it. No one really seems to give a fuck.

I can only speak for myself, but I didn't even know about it.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #5438 on: April 20, 2015, 02:53:32 pm »
Sadly, we must attract the biggest percentage of weirdos and nerds of any other club in the country.

Our support is finished.

There's still a hardcore there of mainly local lads, and the long standing lads from all over as well, but in crowds like yesterday when everyone is spilt up, we are just diluted amongst the shear volume of divvies and weirdos.

I was on row 35 of 503 yesterday (upper tier), and the split was obvious. Along my row and behind everyone stood and at least tried to have a go. On the 34 rows in front of us, everyone of them sat down on kick off and never made a sound all game, apart from after the goal. It was just a mix of all kinds (men, women, OAPs) all decked out in the replica clobber. It wasn't a Liverpool support. They had no interested whatsoever in supporting.

The only time we have anything about us anymore is at the odd away game, when the allocation is smaller and everyone bothers their arse to go. Otherwise, it's finished.

Anfield is a joke, the majority of the aways are going the same way, and even the European aways are filling up with these new weirdos.

Our support is dying. Fast.

It's dead already. I have been kidding myself over the last 2 years ("today was just an off-day, bad kick-off time" etc.) but yesterday was the nail in the coffin.

What a sad fall from grace, all so we can chase £££.

God's honest truth, if getting relegated to league 2 meant these lot would fuck off and we could take the club back from the casual day-tripper, I'd be all for it.

RTK tried, it felt like an well-intentioned yet futile attempt then. I just can't see a possible solution to it which the club which actually take on board. I am going to use the word Kop below to symbolize everything that has given LFC a global reputation for having one of the most knowledgeable, passionate supporter groups in years gone by;

RIP the Kop
JFT97

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5439 on: April 20, 2015, 02:56:17 pm »
The ticket sales for this game were part of the problem.
I understand that loyal attending fans get first pick - that's absolutely fair. But it was impossible to get tickets other than from touts for the likes of me.
I go to around 10 games a season. It involves flights, usually accommodation and costs a fair whack. On top of that, I usually have to score tickets at Anfield at well over face value, or sit in with home fans for away games. I cannot build up ticket credits.

Yet tickets are sold to those who can get them off the club and are subsequently touted. So the supporters who the club wants to go are touting their tickets. Not all obviously, but it's the original source of the touts' tickets.
Meanwhile supporters, like myself, who go to as many games as is affordable and can get tickets for, are left with no choice but to buy off touts, who have sourced their tickets from profiteering supporters who qualify for tickets in the first place.

It's easy to say that people like me are part of the problem as we feed the tout markets, but the real problem are those lucky enough to get tickets and feed the touts / become touts. I don't know how big a percentage of the qualifying supporters do this, and how many don't look to profit if they can't attend - rather few don't look to profit judging on the lack of a ticket exchange for the semi final. The club does not allocate tickets to touts. The qualifying supporters supply the touted tickets.

I don't know what the solution is, perhaps the club should seek proof of attendance for big games like this, ie, send back stubs, to stay on the list of qualified supporters, or acknowledges the dilemma of genuine supporters like me by accepting match stubs as proof of loyalty. It would reduce the number of tourists who can afford the tout prices and go to the game for the experience. I did it for the Arsenal Reading game. I was in town for our semi-final anyway, so I got tickets, went, and contributed nothing to the atmosphere in the Reading end.

Sorry but if you're buying from touts then you are the problem. If nobody buys the tickets then there aren't touts, it is that simple. You can't buy a ticket off of a tout and then complain that they exist when you personally are facilitating their existence.