Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1532576 times)

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #3360 on: November 3, 2013, 06:11:57 pm »
Bloody hell. Everyone looking for an excuse to blame someone else. Scousers are the only people who can be decent fans.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3361 on: November 3, 2013, 06:21:06 pm »
Too many old people not uttering a word.
Age was irrelevant yesterday and many times this season imo
We are a team of one half.

Offline ScouseRedL8

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3362 on: November 3, 2013, 06:32:53 pm »
Age was irrelevant yesterday and many times this season imo
I blame our club to be honest they give our tickets out to fucking people who have no intention of making atmosphere! For example FIFA youtubers get tickets even when they don't support the team! It's actually shocking!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3363 on: November 3, 2013, 06:34:06 pm »
I blame our club to be honest they give our tickets out to fucking people who have no intention of making atmosphere! For example FIFA youtubers get tickets even when they don't support the team! It's actually shocking!

Yeh cos those 200 tickets given to Toyota were the reason a few thousand Reds couldn't make any noise yesterday. It's a whole myriad of problems, not just one particular problem.

Offline AJS

• Boys Pen
  • JFT96
« Reply #3364 on: November 3, 2013, 06:51:19 pm »
It was one of the worst aways for atmosphere I've been too, people were trying to get the songs going but very few joined in. Although the players could have acknowledged us at the end instead of going straight down the tunnel. Paying north of £100 to watch them put in a half arsed performace and to not even bother acknowledging us is shite. It's not just us fans who could learn a lot from the German League, our players should take a look at the time spent by players over their after the game with the fans, I'm certain it would help the atmosphere, because at present there is very little connection between our players and our fans.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3365 on: November 3, 2013, 08:57:06 pm »
From memory I'm pretty sure most of the players did acknowledge us at the end, although admittedly most of them didn't cross the half way line to do so.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3366 on: November 3, 2013, 09:11:34 pm »
I agree. Took a few minutes but most did, albeit from a distance. Def Stevie, Skrtel, Mignolet, Sakho, Toure, Henderson, and Lucas I think. Could have been better but so could we as a whole

Offline AJS

• Boys Pen
  • JFT96
« Reply #3367 on: November 3, 2013, 10:11:46 pm »
I'm sorry but standing past the half way line and clapping twice in our direction on the way in isn't acknowledging the fans as far as I am concerned.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: November 3, 2013, 10:56:47 pm »
I'm sorry but standing past the half way line and clapping twice in our direction on the way in isn't acknowledging the fans as far as I am concerned.

What do you want? A handshake each off every one of them?

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: November 3, 2013, 11:16:18 pm »

Approaching the away end and offering proper acknowledgement to their supporters wouldn't kill them.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #3370 on: November 3, 2013, 11:44:20 pm »
Approaching the away end and offering proper acknowledgement to their supporters wouldn't kill them.
Sticking my neck out here but there wasn't much support from the stands as well.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3371 on: November 4, 2013, 12:26:47 am »

you watch the players in Continental Europe and see the appreciation they give their travelling fans, Italians are boss at that.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3372 on: November 4, 2013, 12:38:46 am »
wtf is this all about OOT.
yeah, we exist. yeah, some are lousy fucks taking pics and the whole game.
yeah some of us are also rly dedicated. yeah some of us can sing as you locals.
so fk off and start singing already when you have the privilege of being there.
if not, pm me for your ticket. i'll be glad to make the trip and show you how it's done.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #3373 on: November 4, 2013, 09:10:56 am »
wtf is this all about OOT.
yeah, we exist. yeah, some are lousy fucks taking pics and the whole game.
yeah some of us are also rly dedicated. yeah some of us can sing as you locals.
so fk off and start singing already when you have the privilege of being there.
if not, pm me for your ticket. i'll be glad to make the trip and show you how it's done.

Cam down lad. This is a forum, and those of us who've been watching Liverpool away for decades are discussing why we think the atmosphere is changing. Some of us think part of the reason for this is the gradual change from a mainly Liverpool born support to a multinational one. Some of us believe that being with fellow Scousers created a unique unified sense of solidarity with the famed Liverpool humour at the forefront.

Others disagree and that is their right. This is a forum, it's open for discussion so telling people to fuck off from your bedroom in Belgium is not helpful.

Pheeny

« Reply #3374 on: November 4, 2013, 09:19:58 am »
Can we ALL stop having a go at each other.

Oh yea and Lad some of the most vocal supporters on some of the Euro away games I've been on are not from Liverpool and one group is from the Antwerp area some of these lads also attend most home games and a few UK away matches.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: November 4, 2013, 09:51:28 am »
It's a brilliant stadium The Emirates but not want I want from our new ground, it's just too far away from the pitch.

I find the atmosphere crap every time I go there, Saturday was no different.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #3376 on: November 4, 2013, 10:01:36 am »
Not having a go at foreigners but i was down in row 3 block 23 on sat and of the ten people that were around me i cant remember any being able to speak english, they barely had interest in the game let alone sing, the atmosphere was shocking down there. How the hell are these people getting hold of tickets its actually unbelievable.

Pheeny

« Reply #3377 on: November 4, 2013, 10:08:33 am »
How the hell are these people getting hold of tickets its actually unbelievable.
That is the problem though isn't it and can also be said for home games.

As someone mentioned with it being a London game it's more attractive for the foreign fan and with it being a top match a lot would be buying off touts.

edit - and possibly a lot would not be fans of either team but just wanted to see a game.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3378 on: November 4, 2013, 10:54:52 am »
Thought it was really bad from our end I thought. My Arsenal-supporting mate was sat in his usual spec at the other end of the ground and he said he's never known us to be so quiet.

I had two Japanese girls sat next to me. Not a word from them all game. Thankfully their giant foam hand thing stayed in their bag.

Agree with that. Not good from the players at all. At least make the effort to come towards us and give us a good appreciative clap.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: November 4, 2013, 12:14:25 pm »
Big problem is the touts to be honest. Fuckin hate them anyway but if they werent about a lot of the tits wouldnt end up with tickets

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #3380 on: November 4, 2013, 01:02:12 pm »
Big problem is the touts to be honest. Fuckin hate them anyway but if they werent about a lot of the tits wouldnt end up with tickets

I've mentioned before. Two lads I get away tickets off, one has 2 cards on full credits and another has 3 with pretty much full credits.

Only people that can do anything about that, is the club.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: November 4, 2013, 01:14:17 pm »
Its not an OOT problem or even a Liverpool problem.

Football has changed - it quite simply is not as important in the lives of the everyday fan as it was in generations past.

It has become yet another throwaway entertainment in a modern world where people want instant gratification and feel they should be able to buy it.

Our atmospheres are usually crap and in England football atmospheres are almost always crap. I would love it to be different but just can't see it changing.

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3382 on: November 4, 2013, 01:49:07 pm »
Its not an OOT problem or even a Liverpool problem.

Football has changed - it quite simply is not as important in the lives of the everyday fan as it was in generations past.

It has become yet another throwaway entertainment in a modern world where people want instant gratification and feel they should be able to buy it.

Our atmospheres are usually crap and in England football atmospheres are almost always crap. I would love it to be different but just can't see it changing.
Agreed.

Back in July when The Anfield Wrap boys came down to Melbourne, after seeing the passion on display at the match and in the city they realised they took going to Anfield and away matches for granted on occasions. They even said sometimes it was a akin to being a chore. That says it all really. The mentality of supporters in England is far far behind the likes of Germany and the majority of continental Europe at the moment.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3383 on: November 4, 2013, 02:14:38 pm »
Agreed.

Back in July when The Anfield Wrap boys came down to Melbourne, after seeing the passion on display at the match and in the city they realised they took going to Anfield and away matches for granted on occasions. They even said sometimes it was a akin to being a chore. That says it all really. The mentality of supporters in England is far far behind the likes of Germany and the majority of continental Europe at the moment.
saying that the English fan mentality is "behind" the likes of Germany and the majority of continental Europe is simply not true.

It's not behind, it's just different.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3384 on: November 4, 2013, 02:33:58 pm »
The mentality of the majority of supporters in the Kop at the moment sit down, be quiet (not to mention the moaning and whinging). The mentality at home ends elsewhere is to sing for 90 minutes regardless of the score, opponent or competition. The only team I've seen in the PL this season to be like this is Crystal Palace.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3385 on: November 4, 2013, 02:41:23 pm »
The mentality of the majority of supporters in the Kop at the moment sit down, be quiet (not to mention the moaning and whinging). The mentality at home ends elsewhere is to sing for 90 minutes regardless of the score, opponent or competition. The only team I've seen in the PL this season to be like this is Crystal Palace.

Absolutely spot on.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3386 on: November 4, 2013, 02:43:51 pm »
and for the millionth time - that's down to the "ultra" style of football support which LFC and pretty much all other English clubs( Palace excluded) don't have, which brings us to the conclusion that the English football culture is simply different.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3387 on: November 4, 2013, 03:00:33 pm »
I've mentioned before. Two lads I get away tickets off, one has 2 cards on full credits and another has 3 with pretty much full credits.

But at least they're selling them to you Liam..hopefully for cost price?

That's what I do with mine - the games that me and the fellahs I share seaso's with can't get to.. we always offer them out to people who merit them
And when we have no takers amongst our mates I've come on here and got rid - usually working out who appears like a good red on the exchanges

I hope the club never change the system of credits. Took us years to get into the place where we're now guaranteed a ticket every game...I should be repaid for that loyalty (and my years before away credits counted and my arl fellah and his arl fellah before him). I want to be guaranteed the chance to go to the emirates every year with mates..and I have gone every time we've played there using the credits of all the games I've been to before

I don't think there is a fairer system..I lost out on Cup Final tickets in the 80's due to the old system of last number of your serial number after going to every round previous. I know Mancs who try to go everywhere and get fucked in their ballot system. I know Arsenal fans with away season tickets that use them purely for profit leaving those who don't have away season tickets to the markets. The only fans I know who are genuinely happy with the way their club does it are the likes of West Brom fans and other teams who's demand for away tickets rarely exceeds supply..they're always sorted and the uber loyal amongst them are never let down..

Our demand currently is massively outstripping supply. If the club was to do something and introduce a ballot there is no guarantee  those getting hold of tickets would improve the atmosphere. I'd hazard a guess it would get worse

Have to say on Saturday that to me it was pretty decent atmosphere but then I was just under where  the roof of the stand above starts  and in the next seat to the Arsenal fans across the gap...that improves the way you experience a game with the song noise being held in and tension in the air by being so close to the opposition
+6 ticket exchange

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3388 on: November 4, 2013, 03:25:28 pm »
and for the millionth time - that's down to the "ultra" style of football support which LFC and pretty much all other English clubs( Palace excluded) don't have, which brings us to the conclusion that the English football culture is simply different.
Well of course the cultures different but it is behind when it comes to support (except when its a European night). You don't have to be an ultra to sing for 90 minutes. In my experiences following Liverpool I have always felt like a real supporter on the away trips (having done Norwich, West Brom, and Blackburn) due to the way the supporters get along and the generally good mood of everyone encourages people to get involved with the singing and atmosphere. I've gotten people coming up to me asking where the Liverpool boozers are despite being from Oz and asking me to join in with their group.  In contrast Anfield has always felt gloomy to me. The vibe I get is that your a loony if you try and get anything resembling an atmosphere going and looking around I feel as if everyone is an OOT despite this not being the case.

Here in Australia you get the home ends singing for the majority of the 90 minutes and they engage the whole stadium which gives match days a great atmosphere despite the football being shit and the fans feel a real sense of belonging, Is that whats lacking at Anfield?

(A pic from a game in Oz last weekend, the whole stadium was doing the poznan)

« Last Edit: November 4, 2013, 03:40:12 pm by perth-red »

Offline redStuckinBrazil

• Main Stander
  • red and white kop
« Reply #3389 on: November 4, 2013, 03:37:11 pm »
Touts are a problem. I'm living in london at the moment and walking home from work on tuesday i passed the emirates when the chelsea arsenal match was on, i asked a tout how much he was selling tickets for, £160!!! when tickets were only £10!!! god knows what it was on saturday for a normal league match.

I've said it on here before, i've witnessed people on the kop, centenary stand at west ham away last year on their laptops for most of the game. Its one thing not singing for the whole game, its another actually going to an away game and being on facebook browsing through pictures.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #3390 on: November 4, 2013, 03:37:26 pm »
it aint OOT fans that makes our atmosphere shit, saw a few at the back singing who weren't scouse or local. however I can see why people think it is an OOT problem as most of the fans who end up in our end aren't from this country who end up with tickets through touts or the club/companies whatever you wanna say. and for anyone who doesn't think pyro creates atmosphere why was it so quiet at Newcastle then when the pyro went off everyone decided to sing and create atmosphere for 5 minutes before it went dead again? crystal palace fans are great because they have fans who go to their aways who want to sing and create atmosphere and back their club, as again for us it isn't an OOT thing its just we end up with fans in our end who don't have that mentality to sing/ create an atmosphere they just want to say they went to watch us away from home in a big game and piss arse around. as for the pyro again yes we don't need it to create an atmosphere as we should sing our hearts out for the 90 minutes and create an atmosphere however at the minute its the only way people can be arsed because they see it as a cue to sing and be arsed.

Offline redStuckinBrazil

• Main Stander
  • red and white kop
« Reply #3391 on: November 4, 2013, 03:38:26 pm »
This is the type of fan who is ruining english fan culture, a fulham fan of course. I found this on a fulham forum.

"Walking to the game on Saturday, I witnessed scores of Man Utd fans singing jovially as they walked up the Fulham Palace, through the park just past the Low Country pub and then onto Craven Cottage. This is certainly not unusual and one of the attractions of the match day experience.

However, a large number of fans this weekend were singing songs with a lot of swearing and curse words in - F this and F that. I was with my friend and his young sons like so many other Fulham fans. I was appalled by the language of these drunken yobs, some of whom were well into their 30s. They come down to London on the train or coaches and do nothing but drink from the early hours so by the time they arrive, they are plastered and aggressive. They have a complete disregard for the local residents and Fulham fans. Every season it is the same and has begun to feel unsafe.

If you agree with me, I would suggest emailing both clubs to raise your concerns as I have done. I will not be attending Man Utd at home next season on safety grounds."

Offline kopenddanny

• Main Stander
« Reply #3392 on: November 4, 2013, 03:55:38 pm »
Atleast Uniteds away fans make some fucking noise it's embarressing being a travelling supporter at the minute.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3393 on: November 4, 2013, 04:39:57 pm »
Well of course the cultures different but it is behind when it comes to support (except when its a European night). You don't have to be an ultra to sing for 90 minutes. In my experiences following Liverpool I have always felt like a real supporter on the away trips (having done Norwich, West Brom, and Blackburn) due to the way the supporters get along and the generally good mood of everyone encourages people to get involved with the singing and atmosphere. I've gotten people coming up to me asking where the Liverpool boozers are despite being from Oz and asking me to join in with their group.  In contrast Anfield has always felt gloomy to me. The vibe I get is that your a loony if you try and get anything resembling an atmosphere going and looking around I feel as if everyone is an OOT despite this not being the case.

Here in Australia you get the home ends singing for the majority of the 90 minutes and they engage the whole stadium which gives match days a great atmosphere despite the football being shit and the fans feel a real sense of belonging, Is that whats lacking at Anfield?

(A pic from a game in Oz last weekend, the whole stadium was doing the poznan)

you do have a point about aways, I was talking more about the home games(although I'm aware that this is not the thread for that), but it really seems like our away support is becoming a joke when not so long ago th travelling kop was the loudest in the country.

I was at the Udinese away last year and it was utter shite. I know it was freezing and all that but the atmosphere was really, REALLY bad and that wasn't exactly a meaningless game. It was actually a crucial one where only a win was taking us throught the group stage. 

I remember only a few songs which lasted less than a minute and then it was silence for the next 20 odd minutes.

Offline ScouseRedL8

• Main Stander
« Reply #3394 on: November 4, 2013, 04:52:32 pm »
Let's just hope we get some atmosphere created for the derby!
Some blues I know are already up for this and this is like there cup final!

Also I think getting more tickets would help the atmosphere for example Wigan last year away was boss!

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #3395 on: November 4, 2013, 05:00:03 pm »

What do you think the club can do about it?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3396 on: November 4, 2013, 05:03:00 pm »
I treat it like a job going to aways. If I've got a tkt I believe it's my job to support the team for the majority of the match. I don't care where fans are from if they do that. Sadly most of the away regulars I know by name don't. (Some do and others I recognise but too few.) A lot aretoo ready to just moan all the time and not do anything positive to help the team. Makes me sick.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: November 4, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »
Some blues I know are already up for this and this is like there cup final!

There will be some extra loud penalty appeals and booing of the ref. Oh and coins/lighters thrown at Gerrard and Suarez.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #3398 on: November 4, 2013, 07:46:42 pm »
What do you think the club can do about it?

Remove peoples rights to fill their cards with credits. Ballots. Spread the allocation around the support that actually want to go. Not just a small amount, probably less that 10k that get the entire allocation so that they can get tickets to United and Everton away. Ask them to drive 4 hours to Cardiff Norwich or Swansea on a Monday night and they're not so loyal then are they? Hence why tickets are easy to come by.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #3399 on: November 4, 2013, 07:52:11 pm »
I haven't lived in Liverpool since I was young, but luckily I have family members, friends, and people I've met on here and at games who can get me tickets I can't seem to get through the club, but now living in the South I will sometimes take friends who are OOTs the match with me, and the perception I get of them is that they almost feel intimidated to singing or get involved at games because they clearly aren't Scouse.

I make an effort to tell them this shouldn't be and the majority of the time isn't a problem, as well as teaching people about our way and why we are different and a special set of fans when they don't understand it. Despite this some still see a hierarchy of locals, scousers away from Liverpool, OOTs. Now personally if someone travels from anywhere and supports the side that's no issue, but like most when they don't it's frustrating. But maybe due what I have explained it's an on going circle that would seem hard to solve.
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.