Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1532456 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #3280 on: September 30, 2013, 11:54:34 am »

Good to sing the Suarez song again and everyone rocking to it......... I heard a Brendan Rodgers song being sung a bit along the lines of Slade's Merry Christmas :o.......'So here he is Brendan Rodgers, everybodies having fun..look to the future now, its only just begun' :butt :butt :butt

Hope that doesn't catch on!!!!!! ::)

That was sung loads last season leading up to Christmas but drifted away after that. I actually quite liked it, he deffo deserves his own song. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jackjones93

• Main Stander
  • we'll be coming down the road ...
« Reply #3281 on: September 30, 2013, 01:28:21 pm »
Whatever we come up with, it's about time. And I hope the lad gets a cracker, but that one Brendan Rodgers cack has got to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3MjRsPjweM

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #3282 on: September 30, 2013, 07:22:03 pm »
Before the mancs game and that was only around block 336. If you want to see more, they should appear right under my name, but it really was a terrific night, only the result was terrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyLSmxfBl3s

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #3283 on: October 1, 2013, 10:26:28 am »
Saw one on youtube the other day which went like;

Brendan - Rooodgers!
Brendan - Rooodgers!
Brendan Rodgers Liverpool
We're on our way to glory
Built the team like Shankly did
And kids will have a story
Maybe add a second verse:

Win shitload like Paisley did
So kids will have a story
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3284 on: October 19, 2013, 07:00:31 pm »
Very poor today I thought,

Early kick offs a fair way from home just don't cut it - generally one of my fave aways but not much happening today

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3285 on: October 19, 2013, 07:31:16 pm »
Was quiet today, apart from at the end and when the petard went off.
AMF

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3286 on: October 19, 2013, 08:12:05 pm »
Some tried but not well coordinated and a lot couldn't be bothered  :-\
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:00:53 am by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #3287 on: October 20, 2013, 03:38:02 am »

Any smokies from yesterday?
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #3288 on: October 20, 2013, 09:42:41 am »
Wasn't very co-ordinated as someone said, with even 2 or 3 songs trying to get going at once, i was in the middle virtually and could hear different songs to my left and right a few times, nervy game played a big part.

On a bad note we were stood very near where the 'bomb' went off and have just read on the other thread that a lad was injured by it.

Went down to the bog twice during the match and the amount of people under the stand having a bevvy and watching the game on the telly!!!!!!  Don't really see the point of going the game if you do that, each to their own i suppose.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3289 on: October 20, 2013, 10:27:04 am »
On a bad note we were stood very near where the 'bomb' went off and have just read on the other thread that a lad was injured by it.

But but but smokebombs are just harmless fun and aren't dangerous to anyone at all?!

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #3290 on: October 20, 2013, 10:29:04 am »
But but but smokebombs are just harmless fun and aren't dangerous to anyone at all?!

A petard isn't a smoke bomb. When you understand the difference maybe you can have an opinion.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3291 on: October 20, 2013, 11:02:07 am »
CroatiaRed - he says on the Newcastle away thread.
We are a team of one half.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #3292 on: October 20, 2013, 11:24:55 am »

I just called it a 'bomb' Chris, coz it friggin' sounded like one when it went off ;)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3293 on: October 20, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »
I just called it a 'bomb' Chris, coz it friggin' sounded like one when it went off ;)

Heard it on the tele as well. You say bomb, you think smokebomb John.

A petard isn't a smoke bomb. When you understand the difference maybe you can have an opinion.

Still fucking stupid to take it into a group of crowded people. When people start getting injured then there starts to be a problem. By the way, I'll keep having an opinion no matter what you do, say or think thank you very much!

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3294 on: October 20, 2013, 04:05:28 pm »
AMF

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #3295 on: October 20, 2013, 04:11:04 pm »
Without wishing to be miserable, its a life ban for anyone caught even just carrying a flare, never mind being copped setting one off.  Just a thought ......
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline jackjones93

• Main Stander
« Reply #3296 on: October 20, 2013, 04:16:43 pm »
Our away support must be up there with the worst in the league these days was unbelievably quiet there yesterday.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #3297 on: October 20, 2013, 05:08:37 pm »

:lmao
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: October 20, 2013, 05:30:01 pm »
Our away support must be up there with the worst in the league these days was unbelievably quiet there yesterday.

Not the worst but maybe the most variable. Can be really great at times but yesterday it seemed a strange mixture of people - at least around me seemed to be a lot of tourists / first timers etc. Add to that a lack of drinking time before and an edgy game the atmosphere was awful.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #3299 on: October 20, 2013, 05:45:21 pm »
Not the worst but maybe the most variable. Can be really great at times but yesterday it seemed a strange mixture of people - at least around me seemed to be a lot of tourists / first timers etc. Add to that a lack of drinking time before and an edgy game the atmosphere was awful.

Agree John. Same around me too! Lots of empty seats too around me in Block j too
Allez Allez Allez

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #3300 on: October 20, 2013, 05:47:34 pm »
That's harsh considering that almost all other away days have been great from our lads
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline jackjones93

• Main Stander
« Reply #3301 on: October 20, 2013, 05:53:50 pm »
Not sure about that myself there was some poor aways last season, remember hardly getting any songs going at all at Swansea for example.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #3302 on: October 20, 2013, 06:36:20 pm »

Quite a lot around me, didnt really engage in songs and there were a few first timers for definite conisdering some of their conversations (in fact overheard one guy saying it was his first game at Anfield next week). I tried getting a few songs going but 1 or 2 joined in but the rest didnt.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #3303 on: October 20, 2013, 06:41:38 pm »
Without wishing to be miserable, its a life ban for anyone caught even just carrying a flare, never mind being copped setting one off.  Just a thought ......

Indeed Mags.

If it could be controlled, then great - do it. But left to the general public you are literally playing with fire.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #3304 on: October 20, 2013, 07:14:18 pm »
Indeed Mags.

If it could be controlled, then great - do it. But left to the general public you are literally playing with fire.

CroatiaRed was bruised not burned thankfully, and hasn't been put off going to games.  Its a damn shame really, because the flares look superb, but without wishing to be a doom merchant I can't see this ending other than badly, which will be a great shame. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3305 on: October 20, 2013, 07:19:52 pm »
Not claiming that we invented it or anything but anybody else notice alot of other away support using pyro this season?

If i remember right we started doing it frequently at the back end of last season...

Noticed Palace fans were at it in Anfield, noticed Hull fans on MOTD having a go and apparently a flare being thrown by spurs fans today?
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3306 on: October 20, 2013, 07:36:08 pm »
Linesman was hit by a flare at the Villa game, thrown by Spurs fans who were celebrating going 1-0 up. What on earth possesses you to light a flare and then throw it when your team scores I'll never know. They look good but shouldn't be in a crowd of people inside a football stadium imo.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #3307 on: October 20, 2013, 07:42:29 pm »

Learn the difference. Im not saying its okay to throw them on the pitch, but come on..

smoke bomb

flare

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #3308 on: October 20, 2013, 07:49:39 pm »
Learn the difference. Im not saying its okay to throw them on the pitch, but come on..

smoke bomb

flare

Neither belong in football stadiums, the prison sentence for being caught entering a stadium with either will be the same.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #3309 on: October 20, 2013, 07:51:04 pm »
Neither belong in football stadiums, the prison sentence for being caught entering a stadium with either will be the same.

Some strange cats in this gaff
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #3310 on: October 20, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »

What part confuses you?

Offline Rufus Bullimore

• Main Stander
« Reply #3311 on: October 20, 2013, 07:56:32 pm »

The home support is even worse.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #3312 on: October 20, 2013, 10:41:14 pm »
CroatiaRed was bruised not burned thankfully, and hasn't been put off going to games.  Its a damn shame really, because the flares look superb, but without wishing to be a doom merchant I can't see this ending other than badly, which will be a great shame. 

Yeah I remember reading about it.

As I say, in a controlled manner managed by the club/stewards/professionals then I think it could work. The amount of H&S nonsense in the world today, and yet something like this is left to its own devices and instants like today and what happened to CroatiaRed occur. Ridiculous.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3313 on: October 20, 2013, 11:25:20 pm »

I was there and didn't think it was that bad really
YNWA

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #3314 on: October 20, 2013, 11:34:53 pm »

Not for or against but all the smart arse answers in the world cannot hide the fact that he was right, and considering that before today, there has clearly been an obvious clamp down on pyro, they will now be stamping the life out of it and the spurs lads at villa can expect a custodial sentence by way of setting an example.

It will take a pretty stupid individual to think he is big and clever enough to avoid it.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3315 on: October 21, 2013, 09:38:37 am »
Fireworks, Smoke Bombs or whatever...have no place in football grounds.

Back to topic... "Our Fantastic away support"... by the sounds of things (reading this thread)...its getting worse. So why is this? Considering its literally nearly the same fans who go to the away games, why is the atmosphere dwindling? Cant blame the day tripper with this one can we, because there arent any.
Would you think its a case of the same fans going to the game for the 'sake' of it...keeping the fan cards loaded, keeping the loyalty going? Whilst at the same time you get a sense of 'been here, done it"...The average fan gets older and simply cant be arsed to sing anymore?
Then what do you do... Maybe keep a percentage of tickets eg 20% to go on a ballot, to those 'new' fans who WANT to support there team at the away games...local lads ect?
Seriously, what do you all think?

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #3316 on: October 21, 2013, 09:47:25 am »
It isn't the same fans though. It's the same old people with full credits selling all their tickets for a game that is at an awkward place to travel to at an inconvenient time to people that don't go to games often. Spares for this were a piece of cake to come by. Always said that the credit system needs to be opened up to the rest of the support to stop this happening but it won't. Lad I get away tickets off has 3 cards on full credits ffs.....how's that work?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Bromley Red

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3317 on: October 21, 2013, 11:26:53 am »
I'd love to go to the odd away game but due to the closed shop I've been to about three in about 5 years (and two of them were in the home end). Back in the late 80's early 90's I was going to most away games, although that's not an option any more.

The club really needs to look at this and give at least 20% if not more to a ballot
Too many psycopaths, not enough cyclepaths

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #3318 on: October 21, 2013, 05:59:48 pm »
Fireworks, Smoke Bombs or whatever...have no place in football grounds.

Back to topic... "Our Fantastic away support"... by the sounds of things (reading this thread)...its getting worse. So why is this? Considering its literally nearly the same fans who go to the away games, why is the atmosphere dwindling? Cant blame the day tripper with this one can we, because there arent any.
Would you think its a case of the same fans going to the game for the 'sake' of it...keeping the fan cards loaded, keeping the loyalty going? Whilst at the same time you get a sense of 'been here, done it"...The average fan gets older and simply cant be arsed to sing anymore?
Then what do you do... Maybe keep a percentage of tickets eg 20% to go on a ballot, to those 'new' fans who WANT to support there team at the away games...local lads ect?
Seriously, what do you all think?

It was Full of daytrippers and whoppers on Saturday! Aways are getting worse and worse, just like home games! I had a someone behind me from Canada, I overheard them saying it was only their 2nd game they had been to! how are these idiots getting away tickets? Not too long ago aways were 75% locals, now I reckon its about 20%!
To summarise Liverpools away support is losing its uniqueness  (humour, wit, us against the world mentality) that Liverpools support has been built on! In no small part due daytrippers/fans from Devon, London, Hampshire etc that haven't got a clue about Liverpool and its people!
Not trying to start a Locals V OOT debate, just saying it how it is, Football is about Communities, Liverpools support represents the community of Liverpool/Merseyside
Some of the whoppers at the match on Saturday wouldn't  have looked out of place in the 'Village of the damned'

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3319 on: October 21, 2013, 06:05:22 pm »
It was Full of daytrippers and whoppers on Saturday! Aways are getting worse and worse, just like home games! I had a someone behind me from Canada, I overheard them saying it was only their 2nd game they had been to! how are these idiots getting away tickets? Not too long ago aways were 75% locals, now I reckon its about 20%!
To summarise Liverpools away support is losing its uniqueness  (humour, wit, us against the world mentality) that Liverpools support has been built on! In no small part due daytrippers/fans from Devon, London, Hampshire etc that haven't got a clue about Liverpool and its people!
Not trying to start a Locals V OOT debate, just saying it how it is, Football is about Communities, Liverpools support represents the community of Liverpool/Merseyside
Some of the whoppers at the match on Saturday wouldn't  have looked out of place in the 'Village of the damned'

Considering the credits that you need to get on the aways then you can't start the Locals v OOT debate if 75% of Liverpools away following were locals, because these locals have the credits and they're selling their tickets on to the OOTs because they can't be arsed to go but still want the credits so they can go to the aways they can be arsed to go to.