Author Topic: Lauri Dalla Valle offered a 4-year contract  (Read 192241 times)

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
Re: Lauri Dalla Valle offered a 4-year contract
« Reply #40 on: October 8, 2007, 10:13:36 am »
He'll have to Finnish school first, I'd have thought.  And as for being the next Jari Litmannen, does that mean he'll be the most skillfull player on the bench but never gets a game? 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #41 on: October 8, 2007, 10:28:59 am »
He finished his school earlier this year as he's already 16. If I've understood correctly, he's in High School now, and would continue that from abroad as well (Distance Learning High School). The only problem he still faces is the obligatory military duty every Finnish male has, but that is still a few years ahead (it must be finished before one turns 30). Though, he might manage to skip that altogether as some professional players have somehow managed to do (at least Shefki Kuqi has).
I'd say you have been whooooshed but it's all academic anyway

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 8, 2007, 10:29:01 am »
I sometimes suspect contracting young players like that is only so other clubs can't get them.
They will rot away at a big club and will never ever in a million years get a chance.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #43 on: October 8, 2007, 09:18:38 pm »
I sometimes suspect contracting young players like that is only so other clubs can't get them.
They will rot away at a big club and will never ever in a million years get a chance.

unless they're good enough
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 8, 2007, 09:21:07 pm »
Think he will go to us, if we offer him a decent enough contract, we've shown the most interest in him, and offered him the most hospitality. Chelsea here are showing their use of money for success, in offering double whatever we offer, and he should go to the club that made him the most welcome, us.

Hope he's worth the effort.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 8, 2007, 09:29:44 pm »
Lauri´s father is an italian, who has lived in finland about 20 years. He exports mushrooms from finland to italy, and with that business has made quite a fortune for himself.
Houllier exported mushrooms from France to England and also made a fortune.

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #46 on: October 8, 2007, 09:31:05 pm »

i think you're getting mushrooms and cabbages mixed up again
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 8, 2007, 09:46:10 pm »
Shall we just agree that he was a mass importer of vegetables.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #48 on: October 8, 2007, 09:50:34 pm »

true we mustn't forget the humble carrot ;)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 8, 2007, 09:55:40 pm »
I like Riisse, but very funny anyway  ;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 8, 2007, 09:59:42 pm »

Jean Michelle Berri  ;)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #51 on: October 8, 2007, 10:03:01 pm »
Jean Michelle Berri  ;)

:D you don't know what you've started

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 9, 2007, 01:06:43 am »
Jean Michelle Berri  ;)

Does he drive a courgette stingray?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline stejay

• Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: October 9, 2007, 10:34:59 am »
Have we signed him???

Offline ian_rush9

• Main Stander
« Reply #54 on: October 9, 2007, 11:49:23 am »
NO not yet, but he said LFC is the most likely destination for him after the season is over in Finland. And I hope you didn´t mean Berri  :butt
Jesus saves...but Torres scores the rebound.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #55 on: October 9, 2007, 01:05:33 pm »

Jean Michelle Berri  ;)

:lmao :lmao

We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 9, 2007, 07:57:05 pm »
NO not yet, but he said LFC is the most likely destination for him after the season is over in Finland. And I hope you didn´t mean Berri  :butt
I think he did  ;D

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 9, 2007, 09:41:33 pm »
unless they're good enough
Is there such a thing as good enough ?
If Paletta got as many chances in the first team as Agger, maybe then they would be more equal then they are now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #58 on: October 9, 2007, 10:34:12 pm »
Is there such a thing as good enough ?
If Paletta got as many chances in the first team as Agger, maybe then they would be more equal then they are now.

Perhaps, or may be Agger was ready and Paletta wasn't. Agger was the find of the year in in denmark in any sport, who'd broken into the national team in his first season. Paletta was a well thought of tough tackling centre-back with potential.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #59 on: October 9, 2007, 11:15:08 pm »
And of course no other clubs wanted to sign the likes of Owen, Fowler and Gerrad, of course they fucken did. Ok we had a head start with them being local but one of the main things about signing young players is always going to be beaten rivals to the ir signature, if a young player is any good then any scout worth his salt is going to be doing exactly that, scouting them.

United have built their most succesful team ever on their recruitment of a succesful group of young players and it would be madness to think that nobody else was interested in Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, teh Nevilles and the like.

Scouts from all the top clubs will be watching a very select group of young players, allbeit with a widening net encompassing other countries, it is seeing that something extra in the right players and making sure that you land those right players that is the key.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2007, 11:26:05 pm »
Here's a video about Dalla Valle

They're sayin nothing's signed yet but he has pretty much chosen Liverpool  :)

Offline Samran.

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2007, 10:33:27 am »
Here's a video about Dalla Valle

They're sayin nothing's signed yet but he has pretty much chosen Liverpool  :)

What was he saying in the interview? He mentioned the word Liverpool a few times.

Offline Vucinic

• Main Stander
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2007, 11:27:26 am »
What was he saying in the interview? He mentioned the word Liverpool a few times.
He said: "At the moment it looks like I will choose Liverpool. They have stayed in contact with me a lot and they treated me well when I visited Liverpool. Facilities looked good as well".

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2007, 11:55:42 am »
Can he also paint matchstick men and matchstick cats and dogs?
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2007, 10:30:21 pm »
There's one thing I don't like about Dalla Valle though: Reportedly he and his dad (family ?) were Invited to Athens but they didn't go. The ungrateful bastard  ;D

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2007, 01:17:39 am »
I didn't know Sammi could speak Welsh !
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Vucinic

• Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: November 8, 2007, 06:45:11 am »
Dalla Valle has signed a 3,5 year contract with Liverpool. So says Finnish media.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 8, 2007, 10:02:18 am »
Brilliant news! http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uutinen.asp?id=1452617

16 years old talented Lauri Dalla Valle has signed a professional contract with Liverpool. According to IS Urheilu his contract expires 2011. Liverpool haven't confirmed the deal yet. Rick Parry was negotiating the deal on behalf of Liverpool. Dalla Valle's salary hasn't been revealed but it believed to be massive. Liverpool wasn't the only team intrested in Dalla Valle. Chelsea offered him 1,5 million euros for 3,5 yeards. It was twice as big as Liverpool's earlier offer. Dalla Valle has had trials with many Serie A giants before signing for Liverpool. Liverpool will pay Jippo 150 000 euros for Dalla Valle.

Offline voronin_is_ghod

• Officially very annoying and doesn't know what he's doing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • makes me wanna grow a ponytail
« Reply #68 on: November 8, 2007, 10:06:14 am »
:lmao im so immature i giggled at jippo

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 8, 2007, 10:10:34 am »
According to another reliable Finnish media source Liverpool offered Dalla Valle signing on fee between 750 000 - 1,5M euros. 

Dalla Valle will become a Liverpool player 1st of January when transfer window re-opens but he's currently in Liverpool and yesterday he was training with Kevin Keegan.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #70 on: November 8, 2007, 10:12:05 am »
:lmao im so immature i giggled at jippo

150,000 euros, a caravan and a dag

Offline voronin_is_ghod

• Officially very annoying and doesn't know what he's doing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • makes me wanna grow a ponytail
« Reply #71 on: November 8, 2007, 10:20:33 am »
150,000 euros, a caravan and a dag

he will wash da windahhs at melwood too and take yah rubbish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #72 on: November 8, 2007, 11:07:23 am »
but he's currently in Liverpool and yesterday he was training with Kevin Keegan.

EH? when did he join our staff? would be made up if true but surely he wouldn't take a role as a mere coach anywhere

royhendo

« Reply #73 on: November 8, 2007, 11:11:10 pm »
We've signed up a new finnish scout apparently - courtesy of 'rivers' on TIA. "Tor Sparv", or "Sparvin Marvin" as I've just decided to call him.

http://footballinfinland.blogspot.com/2007/10/liverpools-new-scout.html

Friday, 19 October 2007
Liverpool's new scout

As if they didn't already have enough of a stranglehold on the Finnish replica shirt market, those loveable scamps from Merseyside have been in the news this week. The first story was that Simon Skrabb, a 12 year old from Pietersaari, had been to Melwood on trial. Simon had a whale of a time, apparently:

"Everything was so much better than here at home - and bigger. There were ten perfect full size pitches in a row. When I went to the changing rooms all our kit was on the bench, all I had to take with me were my pants, shinpads and boots."

Which is nice.

HBL then announced that Tor Sparv, father of Halmstad midfielder Tim, had quit as coach of Kakkonen team Norvalla FF to take up a post as Liverpool's Finland scout.

So the scousers now have a man in Finland, and I can't help feeling it's a bit much. Alright, Liverpool are going to be great for the youngsters, and they are doing this 'on the offchance' that Skrabb turns into the kind of player they'd be interested in by playing well for the national team's younger age groups. By that stage they'd have a pre-existing good relationship with 'the lad and his Dad' (the cornerstones of British junior football recruitment) and thus have stolen a march on their contemporaries.

More of a problem might be lesser clubs taking lesser players abroad at ever earlier stages in their development. Lauri Dalla Valle has been resistant to moves abroad so far, and Teemu Pukki got at least a season in Veikkausliiga before moving abroad, but it seems the trend is for players to go abroad, come back, then go abroad again. In twenty years time it might be possible to draw conclusions about it.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #74 on: November 8, 2007, 11:14:14 pm »
Sound, another young talent to add to the pile.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 8, 2007, 11:27:11 pm »
Forgive my cynicism but how many of Rafa's youngsters have actually broken through, or even looked like breaking through?

Offline Robbies5th

• Anny Roader
  • Wearing my cranky pants
« Reply #76 on: November 8, 2007, 11:31:03 pm »
This kid has massive wraps on him wherever you read. Just hope we nabbed him and he doesn't end up like Mark Kennedy ;)
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #77 on: November 8, 2007, 11:34:22 pm »
Forgive my cynicism but how many of Rafa's youngsters have actually broken through, or even looked like breaking through?

How many of Rafa's youngsters have reached the age where you'd expect them to be?
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #78 on: November 8, 2007, 11:38:35 pm »

The bulk of the Rafa-bought youngsters are 16-18. Very, very few players break through at that age. Paul Anderson is 19 and has been one of the best players in League One this season. A lot of goals and probably a few assists as well already. Insua already looks better than Riise at the tender age of 18. In any case, patience in the program, like so many good things, is the key. If we manage to unearth a single world class gem in 5 years, that's already an excellent return. Wunderkinds don't grow on trees and so on.

Offline The Scoobster

• Kemlynite
« Reply #79 on: November 8, 2007, 11:46:36 pm »
The bulk of the Rafa-bought youngsters are 16-18. Very, very few players break through at that age. Paul Anderson is 19 and has been one of the best players in League One this season. A lot of goals and probably a few assists as well already. Insua already looks better than Riise at the tender age of 18.

You sound like a pedeatrician!!