Author Topic: Are you FOR or AGAINST the new Stadium?  (Read 6760 times)

Offline scousejon

• Isn't called Jon, doesn't live in Woolton and definately doesn't sell iPhone cases
  • Kopite
  • If it aint broke dont hicks it
Are you FOR or AGAINST the new Stadium?
« on: September 6, 2006, 10:46:39 am »
Been looking on here for a topic like this but cant find an actual poll type thread.

Just wondering what you lot think of the new stadium?  Personally I don't want to move, I love Anfield to much.  But on the other hand I can understand why we need to move.  I don't think 60,000 seats is enough though.  We defo need the extra income to compete year in year out without fail.  But I am afraid about the single tier Kop and other minor things like the gates and the Hillsbough(JFT96) Memorial not being moved to the new stadium. 

Another worry is, what happens to existing season ticket holders.  I know this is a long way off but it still needs to be considered.  Do we get to choose where we will sit or do we get told.  For example, we have had a season ticket in the family for 36 years which is on the half way line of the main stand.  I for one don't want to move, i think its the best seat in the house.    Altough I sit in the Kop for euro nights, I love my seat in the main stand. :P :lickin

Any way what you lot think???
JFT 96

"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
Re: Are you FOR or AGAINST the new Stadium?
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2006, 10:52:44 am »
Been looking on here for a topic like this but cant find an actual poll type thread.

Just wondering what you lot think of the new stadium?  Personally I don't want to move, I love Anfield to much.  But on the other hand I can understand why we need to move.  I don't think 60,000 seats is enough though.  We defo need the extra income to compete year in year out without fail.  But I am afraid about the single tier Kop and other minor things like the gates and the Hillsbough(JFT96) Memorial not being moved to the new stadium. 

Another worry is, what happens to existing season ticket holders.  I know this is a long way off but it still needs to be considered.  Do we get to choose where we will sit or do we get told.  For example, we have had a season ticket in the family for 36 years which is on the half way line of the main stand.  I for one don't want to move, i think its the best seat in the house.    Altough I sit in the Kop for euro nights, I love my seat in the main stand. :P :lickin

I think that this post is about 7 years to late if your against the new ground.

As for your other points, I'd expect season ticket holders to be offered as close as possible to their exsisting seats. What I would add, is that your seat sounds like it's going to be be where the corporate seats are likely to be in the new ground & maybe you will have to pay top whack  :(.

As for myself, I think we need the new stadium & it will help my chances of eventually getting a season ticket.

Offline scousejon

• Isn't called Jon, doesn't live in Woolton and definately doesn't sell iPhone cases
  • Kopite
  • If it aint broke dont hicks it
« Reply #2 on: September 6, 2006, 10:56:56 am »
My seat is where to shit hot director seasts will be, but ive picked a dogs bollocks spot just above them. :)
JFT 96

"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 6, 2006, 12:51:55 pm »
we have to move to a new stadium if we are to keep up with arse and utd. simple as that.

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #4 on: September 6, 2006, 01:24:04 pm »

Fair play like, but some of us just want to get a ST! (Or a standing Speccy if they are going)
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline mr-4

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: September 6, 2006, 02:00:26 pm »
Definitely a big vote FOR a move - times change, we need more modern facilities and not to forget the fact that having a new stadium will bring extra revenue to the club and therefore it will have more 'poshibilities' ;)

From a personal persective, more chances to get ST as the current situation is simply not acceptable.
Mourinho, 19 Feb 2004: Liverpool over Chelsea, no doubt about it
Rick Parry, 22 Aug 2006: You have to aim for the stars, not mediocrity
Chris Bascombe, 21 Sep 2006: No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: September 6, 2006, 02:31:22 pm »
Staying where we are is just not an option, move or suffer the consequences.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 6, 2006, 04:09:18 pm »
Was for at the outset, but quickly changed to against

£200m for 15,00 seats and a move to another modern-age replica.

No thanks

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
« Reply #8 on: September 6, 2006, 06:34:41 pm »
Unfortunately the stadium needs to be modernised and extended, there's plenty of compelling argumenst as to why that can't happen at Anfield.

If that's the case, I personally think we should have moved lock stock and barrel to somewhere that could have been developed quicker, cheaper, bigger and been an asset to the city.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 6, 2006, 07:45:25 pm »
Against, but given up any hope of staying at Anfield
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #10 on: September 6, 2006, 07:55:54 pm »
The club reckoned expanding Anfield was a non starter, so they'd better get it right with the new stadium.

I've changed my mind continuously over this issue, I love Anfield, first went there in '68, but now I can't get tickets for me and my kids.

I want to stay put, but it's not going to happen, as I said the club can soften the blow of moving, by making the new stadium something special and unique in some way.

The new Kop has to be worthy of the name, that's for sure. 
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #11 on: September 6, 2006, 08:37:04 pm »
A cautious "for". Worried by reports from the Emirates Stadium - a season ticket holder I know thought it was a bit soulless. New Anfield won't be a bowl though - four stands closer to the pitch and hopefully a decent acoustic engineer to make sure the Anfield effect is still there.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 7, 2006, 09:16:59 am »
New Anfield won't be a bowl though - four stands closer to the pitch and hopefully a decent acoustic engineer to make sure the Anfield effect is still there.

It will and it is. They're not that close to the pitch and we aren't spending billions on an architectural masterpiece.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #13 on: September 7, 2006, 10:07:55 am »
It will and it is. They're not that close to the pitch and we aren't spending billions on an architectural masterpiece.

Ste,

As you know more about the planning applications than most, what do you make of ged poytons recent comment that the club has taken on board fans views on the design of the Kop? do you think amendments have been made to the design, when the new planning application was submitted?

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 7, 2006, 12:49:35 pm »
Will we get to see this new planning application anytime soon?

Remember reading a PDF about the last one concerning design choices, transport issues etc

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: September 7, 2006, 03:49:22 pm »

The new stadium most definately is not a bowl - the plans have allegedly been ammended to include a single tier 'kop 3' and the plans were always for 4 seperate stands. If you're a bird (flying type) or you're flying in an aircraft however you may mistake it for a bowl considering it has one continuous roof.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #16 on: September 7, 2006, 04:26:18 pm »
These so called amendments will make or break the issue as far as I'm concerned. The structure of The Kop had to be looked at on the original plans.

If the club have changed the design ( not sure how though when the walk way across the middle of the Kop stand was due to legislation ) then all credit to them.

I'm really eager to see the final plans now, hope I'm not disappointed, and that we get a ground ( and a Kop ' mark 3 ' in particular ) to be proud of.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2006, 09:16:05 pm by Alloy »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17 on: September 7, 2006, 07:31:20 pm »
Am fully for the move to the new stadium if it means us keeping up with Arsenal and the Mancs, although I'll miss Anfield!

IMO to try and improve the atmoshphere the club should ask current season ticket holders who they would like to sit with, ie their friends, then when they have all the information they give them seats together. Also have groups of friends next to each other in the stadium, for me that would improve the atmosphere and keep people happy, would take a lot of time to organise but it would be for the best.

Offline the red rebel

• Legacy Fan
  • our eyes hath seen the glory
« Reply #18 on: September 7, 2006, 07:42:22 pm »
a lot if not all the real soul of anfield went when the standing kop was knocked down, of course weve had some great nights since at anfield.

hmmm yes just another 15 000 seats,  not great is it?  but seriously how can we compete with the mancs an arsenal when were  a staggering 31 000 seats behind them?

on  along term basis wed have to have 1 hell of a manager to compete, in fact id say it was almost impossible without the extra seats.

another down side is that the seat prices will rise.

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #19 on: September 8, 2006, 03:53:01 pm »
I'd rather not move from Anfield but if needs must.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #20 on: September 8, 2006, 04:17:36 pm »
a lot if not all the real soul of anfield went when the standing kop was knocked down, of course weve had some great nights since at anfield.

hmmm yes just another 15 000 seats,  not great is it?  but seriously how can we compete with the mancs an arsenal when were  a staggering 31 000 seats behind them?

on  along term basis wed have to have 1 hell of a manager to compete, in fact id say it was almost impossible without the extra seats.

another down side is that the seat prices will rise.

If competing was all about capacity, Barcelona can hold 98,000!  How many European Cups have they won ;)

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 8, 2006, 04:58:45 pm »
The new stadium most definately is not a bowl - the plans have allegedly been ammended to include a single tier 'kop 3' and the plans were always for 4 seperate stands. If you're a bird (flying type) or you're flying in an aircraft however you may mistake it for a bowl considering it has one continuous roof.

These changes aren't as big as that. The stadium shape is still the same. The Kop won't be square like the current one. There's 4 seperate stands but it's still bowl shaped, I've seen the plans and know them inside out and have spent a lot of time researching this project.

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #22 on: September 8, 2006, 05:37:15 pm »
ideally i'd like us to throw and extra 20,000 on the kop, main stand and annie road, but i understand that that isn't a viable option.

so the move is essential i suppose.

i can't really make a judgement before seeing some new artists impressions of it, but i will miss anfield

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 8, 2006, 05:42:02 pm »
Read an article in the MEN today - this weekend, United are going to take just short of £3 Million from Ticket Receipts ALONE!!!!!!!!

Think that sums things up for me to be honest!!!!!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline mark_lfc_forever

• Lost his Poostation now has an iPoone
  • Legacy Fan
    • ebay.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: September 8, 2006, 07:33:52 pm »
im for the move because weve got to move with the times for money amongst alot of other things but will cry when we leave anny
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

PSN GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 8, 2006, 07:37:13 pm »
I think the move to a new ground is great for the Reds, but that stadium's only real weakness is it's capicity that can't ever be increased.  That's the only problem.  Other than that, it looks like it's going to be great.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2006, 07:39:01 pm by LFC Lad »
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline mark_lfc_forever

• Legacy Fan
    • ebay.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: September 8, 2006, 07:42:02 pm »
I think the move to a new ground is great for the Reds, but that stadium's only real weakness is it's capicity that can't ever be increased.  That's the only problem.  Other than that, it looks like it's going to be great.
why cant it be increased?

PSN GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 8, 2006, 07:45:50 pm »
why cant it be increased?

Rick Parry's already said that once the ground is built, the capicity can't ever be increased at another time because of the location and the design of the ground.  I think that's the only bad thing about the new stadium.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline mark_lfc_forever

• Legacy Fan
    • ebay.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: September 8, 2006, 07:53:15 pm »
Rick Parry's already said that once the ground is built, the capicity can't ever be increased at another time because of the location and the design of the ground.  I think that's the only bad thing about the new stadium.
never knew that mate thats put a bit of a downer on it

PSN GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #29 on: September 8, 2006, 08:13:09 pm »
These changes aren't as big as that. The stadium shape is still the same. The Kop won't be square like the current one. There's 4 seperate stands but it's still bowl shaped, I've seen the plans and know them inside out and have spent a lot of time researching this project.

I'm not sure if I know what you mean. The outside's curved but each stand goes back straight up with no continuous sweeping curved banks of seating in the corners like Ashburton Grove (which is what I'd call a "bowl"):

Anfield proposed - 4 stands:

Emirates - bowl

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 8, 2006, 09:26:45 pm »
I think we just have a different way of defining bowl.

It is bowl shaped for me in that the overall design is round:

Stadiums are bowl shaped like this now as the bowl design gives the best views for the lowest cost. The back row is never more than a certain distance from the centre spot - hence why the corners at city of manc stadium, emirates, reebok etc never go as far back as at the sides. Architecturally these stadiums are all bowls.

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #31 on: September 8, 2006, 09:53:41 pm »
Against it, but looks like we're moving anyway.

Offline weeble

• Boys Pen
« Reply #32 on: September 9, 2006, 12:04:30 am »
as a a supporter from northern ireland who finds it hard to get tickiets to watch tne team i love' i think it is great to up the capicity cos it means i have more chanch of getting a ticket. i would go to every matych if i could get tickets

Offline weeble

• Boys Pen
« Reply #33 on: September 9, 2006, 12:09:30 am »
i can understand why all thefans who live in livrerpool dont want to move.,anfield is our home but we have to move with the times. if we could extend anfield it would be perfect but we cant so we have to move on. we could fill a 70000 stadium.weeble

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34 on: September 9, 2006, 12:32:49 am »
I really dont want to move but i know, we have to have an increased capacity to compete. I hate these new modern stadia and ours does look like a bowl, and if it means more paddies and southerns who havnt got a clue about the club and football in general, getting tickets, i would rather see us lose out on the money.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 09:52:15 am »
I'm not sure if I know what you mean. The outside's curved but each stand goes back straight up with no continuous sweeping curved banks of seating in the corners like Ashburton Grove (which is what I'd call a "bowl"):

Anfield proposed - 4 stands:

To be honest, I stood on the "old" Kop for many years and got a season ticket in what was then the Kemlyn. Seen a lot of change at Anfield and the only part of the ground that lets the current stadium down is the Main Stand itself.

If we could re-develop the Main Stand and get the capacity up to 60,000 I'd love to stay at Anfield. I think they actually looked at it and cost aside, it totally ruined the look of the current stadium? The "new" main stand would have been huge.

The image above of our proposed NEW Anfield, I think, looks great.

I know that the project plan for the new stadium means that the existing stadium gets demolished well after we build the new one but I'd like to see the club use as much of the existing stadium in the fabric of the new one.

Just to keep some of the "soul" of Anfield and transfer it to the new one.

Personally, I'll shed a tear when Anfield is eventually demolished but then shed a few more tears of joy as I enter our New Anfield and know that we've got a stadium that will allow us to fully compete with our rivals.

Let's be honest, the capacity in terms of seating is not going up that much but the amount of exec boxes and corporate facilities will be what really rake the money in for the club.  ;)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 10:32:08 am »
we're moving ?

To be honest I recall a long long long time ago reading Alan Edge's verbose but excellent writings on the initial discussions about moving, and many of the arguments have been done to death.

We don't want to move because of the history and football fans are by their nature, more sentimental and loyal to a club and its paraphenalia than those who run it.

We have to move, we will move and there's little we can do about it.

The more recent debate was groundshare or not, and where to and what capacity.
I think now the upcoming debates should be what kind of lovely catering we have. I'm all for a Wimpey and the fine platter that is the International.
Yep.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 11:38:03 am »
defo 100% against moving but its unfortunately gonna happen and we'll get our super bowl stadium with no soul to match the reebok, ashburton grove, the riverside etc etc, what a disgrace

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 12:45:24 pm »
Er...which end is the Kop? Both ends look the same :(

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 01:57:37 pm »

Ste - what happened to your website? Had loads of useful info.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)