Author Topic: Are you FOR or AGAINST the new Stadium?  (Read 6759 times)

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
Re: Are you FOR or AGAINST the new Stadium?
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2006, 05:25:31 pm »
Ste - what happened to your website? Had loads of useful info.

When it came to renewing the hosting package the prices had gone up and I didn't think it was worth it. At the time I was too busy to keep up with it and not enough people seemed interested to justify it.

I was also expecting the official site to come up with something. Compared to what Arsenal had on their site lfc.tv's offering is dreadful though.

Offline MikeD

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2006, 07:07:51 pm »
excuse my paint shop prowess!!

A single tier Kop (I added extra exits)

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2006, 07:12:24 pm »
I don't think you'll be far wrong with that (Although the Kop is actually 'this end' when looking at the picture, the dug outs will be to the right of the Kop, but that doesn't really matter).

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2006, 07:27:30 pm »
When it came to renewing the hosting package the prices had gone up and I didn't think it was worth it. At the time I was too busy to keep up with it and not enough people seemed interested to justify it.

I was also expecting the official site to come up with something. Compared to what Arsenal had on their site lfc.tv's offering is dreadful though.

Have you still got all your webpages stored on your PC? We could host them for you if you want.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2006, 07:30:03 pm »
I don't want to leave Anfield but Arsenal and Man Utd are probably making double the gate money that we are in gate receipts with their capacity and corporate seats. If we want to compete financially with them then we need a bigger capacity. I'd rather stay at Anfield but not if we can't increase the capacity.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 08:29:54 pm »
Have you still got all your webpages stored on your PC? We could host them for you if you want.

A bit is at archive.org, if this is the site you are referring to?

http://web.archive.org/web/20041124040241/http://www.lfcnewstadium.co.uk/

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2006, 01:29:08 am »

Not seen this before. An interesting alternative proposal.

Offline RedinToronto

• Anny Roader
  • Come on you Reds!
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2006, 03:11:21 am »
I am completely against the new stadium plan. It appauls me that anyone would want to leave Anfield. I cannot imagine that Liverpool FC could ever be the same if we played in a different stadium. Anfield has been our home the entire time we have existed and to leave would be the biggest mistake the club has ever made, in my opinion. There's got to be some way to make Anfield bigger, the Mancs do it all the time, why can't we?
And if we have to move to a new stadium why can't the new one have an even bigger Kop? I think all Liverpool supporters would prefer if the plans were altered to create a new Kop end in the new stadium, like MikeD created the picture of. I'm certain that all Reds agree with me on this one and it amazes me that the club haven't made a single tiered Kop end a part of the new stadium plans.
Liverpool Fc is hard as hell,
United, Tottenham, Arsenal,
Watch my lips and I will spell
Cuz they don't just play but they can rap as well

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2006, 09:22:51 am »

I haven't unfortunately. I still have the planning stuff on cd rom and some notes though, quite a bit of the stuff on the site is out of date now anyway, surprised to see anything on that webarchive though.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2006, 01:27:55 pm »
excuse my paint shop prowess!!

A single tier Kop (I added extra exits)

Much improved. Although my other nitpick is that I don't like how far from the pitch the stands are. I always felt that was a defining feature of the current Anfield; the fans are so close to the pitch. Alright in a curved stadium there are certain elements of the design that mean the stands have to be further away, but why not just make the grass at the edge of the pitch wider so it doesn't seem like you're so far away.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2006, 08:40:44 pm »
but why not just make the grass at the edge of the pitch wider so it doesn't seem like you're so far away.

They do that at City of Manchester - it makes no difference, you still feel miles away.

One of the intimidating things about Anfield is there is barely room to take a throw on the Kemlyn side, or room for a decent run at a corner without walking into the crowd. This will competely disappear if we move

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2006, 01:49:33 am »
Can't complain if the kop appears like MikeD's picture, we'll again have the biggest single tier goal stand in the country, which it what we all wanted.

It also means the club did listen the fans on this important issue, all credit to them for that.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline RedinToronto

• Anny Roader
  • Come on you Reds!
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2006, 03:34:49 am »
It also means the club did listen the fans on this important issue, all credit to them for that.

No mate, they're not actually doing it, Mike just did that pic himself as a bit of wishful thinking, it's not actually part of the plans or anything.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2006, 06:50:36 am »
The club have redesigned the original plans for the Kop. Due to legislation ( for wheel chair access ) the original plans were to have a walk way across the middle of the kop, making it in effect 2 tier.

I have read on this forum ( though no actual pictures ) that the club have in fact added extra seats in the kop end and made it into a true single tier stand, and just as importantly made it slightly bigger than the opposite goal stand.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 03:35:17 pm by Alloy »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2006, 09:59:52 am »
No mate, they're not actually doing it, Mike just did that pic himself as a bit of wishful thinking, it's not actually part of the plans or anything.

It's not entirely wishful thinking. The design has been modified - according to the club themselves. We're all just waiting for new images to be released.

Offline RedinToronto

• Anny Roader
  • Come on you Reds!
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2006, 04:09:37 am »
Oh, sorry mate, I didn't hear about the design being modified. Well let's hope they've got a nice big "Fuck You" Kop in there.

Offline Arsenal lady

• Kemlynite
  • "One man went to bed, went to bed with Ashley.....
    • Goonersweb
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2006, 10:16:24 am »
I did not know you're getting a new stadium! But I hope it will be a great one where you can continue with your history! :) What will it look like?
I was so sad when we left Highbury but after I've seen The Emirates I have to admit that it's much better (although it costs more) :(
You should all be happy that you're getting one! It feels great to have a new home!
"Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas! It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end..."  -Anfield 89

My Arsenal home:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?act=idx

Offline The Chef

• Boys Pen
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2006, 06:00:01 pm »
i think the move will be great! if they are doing a bigger kop end and could have the prospects of making it even bigger then lets move!
the seats could be put next to the picth even in a ovel, they just need to juggle them about a bit!
the atmostfear will only feel diffrent till us red start to sing out loud!

Offline MR

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2006, 09:00:45 pm »
Been looking on here for a topic like this but cant find an actual poll type thread.

Just wondering what you lot think of the new stadium?  Personally I don't want to move, I love Anfield to much.  But on the other hand I can understand why we need to move.  I don't think 60,000 seats is enough though.  We defo need the extra income to compete year in year out without fail.  But I am afraid about the single tier Kop and other minor things like the gates and the Hillsbough(JFT96) Memorial not being moved to the new stadium. 

Another Any way what you lot think???

Love the idea. LFC is meant to be building on its history, not imprisoned by it. Anfield's got a zillion great memories, and it's going to be a massive wrench to move on. But the new stadium will also slowly gather the memories

As for the Hillsborough Memorial and other icons - I'm confident that the club and fans will find the right way to bring this to the new stadium.

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2006, 02:35:28 pm »
They do that at City of Manchester - it makes no difference, you still feel miles away.

One of the intimidating things about Anfield is there is barely room to take a throw on the Kemlyn side, or room for a decent run at a corner without walking into the crowd. This will completely disappear if we move
FIFA/UEFA Guide lines for new stadia's insist on a running track between stands and the pitch so theres not going to be the in your face intimidation Anfield has now.  That doesn't mean we lose our atmosphere we enjoy now It will all come down to the fans and being up for it on match days. I have heard reliably that the new Kop will retain its single tier status if things go to plan, and if the guys and girls who give it there all every game are together in the Kop instead of being split into different pockets of the stand I think the new Kop can be as intimidating as now. I have no objection to fans from around the world coming to see the home games and experience the magic of Liverpool fc but the atmosphere gets lost when they stand there taking pictures and not knowing the chants and songs. A special area for these supports and visitors should be provided away from the hardcore kopites who sing their hearts out every game but near enough for them to feel part of it all, because as we know the Kop on form lifts everyone in the ground and raises the teams performance.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:39:52 pm by driftinwest »
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE