Author Topic: Brazil v Ghana and Spain v France  (Read 40425 times)

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay calm, all is well!
Re: Brazil v Ghana and Spain v France
« Reply #440 on: June 27, 2006, 10:02:03 pm »
for the life of me, I don't understand why Puyol even has to attempt to foul Henry out there, he wasn't going to get to the ball, he had a man coming over for help, and he was 40yds from goal...

Sometimes Puyol is diabolical.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #441 on: June 27, 2006, 10:02:35 pm »
Typical Spain in that they never get it done on the international level  .  .  never. Wasn't expecting theatrics like that from Henry but lets face it  .  .  they're all the same. Here's hoping Brazil spank the Frogs.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #442 on: June 27, 2006, 10:02:37 pm »
diving and cheating is ruining this world cup

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #443 on: June 27, 2006, 10:03:14 pm »
The diving French Gooner is at it again, I cant stand that c*nt :wanker

Gutted for Spain, but it would be great if Zidane could end his career with a World Cup final.
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: June 27, 2006, 10:04:37 pm »
Is right. Considerably more cynical than any other act of simulation I've seen in the world cup. Didn't Henry say something about diving in the aftermath of the Champions League final. Great footballer but gone down in my opinion big time tonight.

What's worse is having to listen to Venables defend him.

Echoed. That, and his comments after the Champions' League Final are starting to put me off him.

On another note, it's another big game he's been shite in.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #445 on: June 27, 2006, 10:04:39 pm »
Cheaters never prosper unless they play footy:P
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #446 on: June 27, 2006, 10:05:42 pm »
Is right. Considerably more cynical than any other act of simulation I've seen in the world cup. Didn't Henry say something about diving in the aftermath of the Champions League final. Great footballer but gone down in my opinion big time tonight.

good, it wasnt just me thinking he had fouled first then?

Feel gutted for Spain but credit to our lads, neither of them put a foot wrong when they played

And Thierry shut your mouth(incidentally my opinion of him went down the time we played them, when the ref(who was crap that day) booked Luis, who shrugged his shoulders and accepted it, only to have that French twat pushing him back to try and make him react)

pleased for Zizou though

I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: June 27, 2006, 10:05:50 pm »
for the life of me, I don't understand why Puyol even has to attempt to foul Henry out there, he wasn't going to get to the ball, he had a man coming over for help, and he was 40yds from goal...

Sometimes Puyol is diabolical.

You what? Henry pushed Puyol first and then went down as if he'd been elbowed in the face. Can hardly blame him for that.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #448 on: June 27, 2006, 10:06:42 pm »
That Ribery looks a hell of a lot like G Neville i.e he's an ugly bastard.
He aint just ugly, he's medieval ugly! He wouldnt look out of place in sack cloth ringing a bell shouting unclean!
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: June 27, 2006, 10:06:55 pm »
Enjoyed Zizou's goal but the second left a real bad taste. Would be great to watch a game that wasn;t decided by a dive, a shocking referee decision or a cheating hypocritical twat.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #450 on: June 27, 2006, 10:07:06 pm »
Henry = cheating twat
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #451 on: June 27, 2006, 10:07:31 pm »
You what? Henry pushed Puyol first and then went down as if he'd been elbowed in the face. Can hardly blame him for that.

Henry WAS fouled by Puyol. Henry went down clutching his face in an attempt to get Puyol sent off, but that doesn't change the fact it was a stone wall free kick.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay calm, all is well!
« Reply #452 on: June 27, 2006, 10:08:12 pm »

not blaming him at all, I'm just saying, it looked as if henry was no threat over there and, i thought he didnt really need to get involved... but easy for me to say sitting on my couch in New York ;)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #453 on: June 27, 2006, 10:08:18 pm »
He aint just ugly, he's medieval ugly! He wouldnt look out of place in sack cloth ringing a bell shouting unclean!

Yes but Ribery's is a result of a horrific car accident, Neville was just born like that
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #454 on: June 27, 2006, 10:08:18 pm »
German TV.............Otmar Hitzfeld just called Henry's antics a disgrace, a  dive and unworthy. The referee was taken in, it was a foul from Henry if anything.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #455 on: June 27, 2006, 10:08:42 pm »
Henry WAS fouled by Puyol. Henry went down clutching his face in an attempt to get Puyol sent off, but that doesn't change the fact it was a stone wall free kick.

No no no you are wrong! watch it again Puyol gets shoved then clutches his face.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: June 27, 2006, 10:08:44 pm »
I tell you what for cheating that is that obvious I would love to see retrospective suspensions. If Henry had to miss the Brazil game he might think twice about a con job like that again. Prick.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: June 27, 2006, 10:09:36 pm »
Yes but Ribery's is a result of a horrific car accident, Neville was just born like that
not a car accident, boiling water on him as a young child

thats rubbish. Henry fouled Puyol forcing himself into his back. unfortunately resulting in puyols arm getting close to henrys cjest. no force was applied or given. he went down holding his face in pain wheras in reality neither his face nor his chest were struck with any real force. what a disgrace and a hypocrite.

incidentally although spain were not brilliant, france scored both their goals from wrongfully given free kicks. alonso was fouled but the ref gave it the other way and allowed the free kick to be taken whilst the ball was moving. footballs a stupid game isnt it!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 10:13:37 pm by classycarra »

Offline johnno918

• Kopite
« Reply #458 on: June 27, 2006, 10:09:58 pm »
class finish by zidane, good way to end a fantastic career. i thought Spain where the better side and didn't deserve to loose, but hey, thats football for ya i guess :-\

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #459 on: June 27, 2006, 10:10:03 pm »
I tell you what for cheating that is that obvious I would love to see retrospective suspensions. If Henry had to miss the Brazil game he might think twice about a con job like that again. Prick.

It's something I always feel FIFA should implement...although I'd expect in events like the WC or CL final...players wouldn't give a shit if allowed them a favourable result

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: June 27, 2006, 10:10:15 pm »

It was never a foul, just a slight collision that shouldn't mean anything. I swear football is nothing like the game it should be - soon it will be a non-contact sport.

Offline Dickie_Mint

• Minty Dick
  • Kopite
  • Cesky Sen!
« Reply #461 on: June 27, 2006, 10:11:10 pm »
not a car accident, boiling water on him as a young child

Ain't that Tevez?

Still, they're both ugly bastards...

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: June 27, 2006, 10:11:30 pm »
It was never a foul, just a slight collision that shouldn't mean anything. I swear football is nothing like the game it should be - soon it will be a non-contact sport.

Watch it again. It was a foul the other way.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #463 on: June 27, 2006, 10:13:01 pm »
Hmmm......

Oh dont Mexico look good.....OUT!
Aussie could really be a dark horse......OUT!
Ghana could really give the big boys a fright.....OUT!
Spain are gonna do it this year....OUT!
The Dutch look they could cause problems....OUT!
Germany/Argentina have played the best football.....one of the them OUT!
Brazil/France are hitting form at the right time....one of them OUT!

I see the semi finals....

England v France
Germany v Ukraine

Engalnd v Ukraine FINAL  :o

Ukraine win 1-0  :no
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #464 on: June 27, 2006, 10:13:03 pm »

:lmao so true!!!

Really dissapointed for Spain, I honestly thought it was time that they would turn up at a World Cup, but after a good start (like in so many tournaments) they faded at the end.

Thought Aragones made too many changes too quickly, I think it disrupted them more than had he only made one initial change.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline SteeleRED

• Crazy loudmouthed American who doesn't give a s*** what you think of him
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #465 on: June 27, 2006, 10:13:30 pm »
Was certainly a bizarre change. Spain had certainly lacked width in the first half and bringing Garcia or Joaquin on was clearly necessary, not however at the expense of Villa. Can't see France progressing past Brazil to be honest but at least todays football has been of a significantly higher standard than yesterdays.

Had to wonder about the Villa substitution myself. But don't think that Spain played that poorly (except for some ill-timed passes), it's just that France outplayed them.
 And for those who've argued otherwise: France is not a shite side. Are you telling me Zidane, Vieira, Ribéry and Trézéguet couldn't play in the Premiership? And don't Henry, Gallas, Makélélé, Silvestre and Saha already play there, and quite well, too?
 I thought this was one of the better matches in the knock-out phases so far. Up there with Mexico- Argentina. Well in to the French, though I was hoping our Redmen would shine and carry their team into the quarters.
Football fan, yes, but fan of many other sports, too.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: June 27, 2006, 10:13:52 pm »
and how bad was Torres tonight - very disappointing............

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: June 27, 2006, 10:14:26 pm »
Watch it again. It was a foul the other way.

What, by Henry on Puyol? Perhaps. Just seemed to me like two players showing a little bit of muscle leaning into each other and one going down like he had been punched in the face.

I'd just like to see two teams full of stars go at it and one of them win by fair means not foul.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #468 on: June 27, 2006, 10:14:46 pm »
The diving French Gooner is at it again, I cant stand that c*nt :wanker

Gutted for Spain, but it would be great if Zidane could end his career with a World Cup final.

Fuck that hes already had one in his carear. Let some one else experience it.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline NickoH

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: June 27, 2006, 10:15:00 pm »
And for those who've argued otherwise: France is not a shite side. Are you telling me Zidane, Vieira, Ribéry and Trézéguet couldn't play in the Premiership? And don't Henry, Gallas, Makélélé, Silvestre and Saha already play there, and quite well, too?
 I thought this was one of the better matches in the knock-out phases so far. Up there with Mexico- Argentina. Well in to the French, though I was hoping our Redmen would shine and carry their team into the quarters.
and just goes to show a good old un is better than a good young un..........

Offline Ianjaig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "We had Heighway on the wing..." BEEP BEEP!!
« Reply #470 on: June 27, 2006, 10:15:54 pm »

Good point.

Still, I want to know if his fathers first name is Ribery - if so, I detect another case of incest...
Bill Shankly to a Liverpool fan:
"Where are you from?"
"I'm a Liverpool fan from London."
"Well laddie . . . . What's it like to be in heaven?"

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #471 on: June 27, 2006, 10:16:07 pm »
Shame Spain are out. :-[

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #472 on: June 27, 2006, 10:16:50 pm »
and just goes to show a good old un is better than a good young un..........

:wellin
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #473 on: June 27, 2006, 10:16:59 pm »
Other than Ribery tonight, the other player who was brilliant for France was Sagnol, going forward and in defence.  In fact, he has been almost flawless in every every game.  Excellent player.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: June 27, 2006, 10:17:29 pm »

Still, I want to know if his fathers first name is Ribery - if so, I detect another case of incest...
fair enough stating something about how he looks without knowing but to mock is a bit low.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: June 27, 2006, 10:18:39 pm »
Other than Ribery tonight, the other player who was brilliant for France was Sagnol, going forward and in defence.  In fact, he has been almost flawless in every every game.  Excellent player.

True.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #477 on: June 27, 2006, 10:19:46 pm »
Ramos, Xabi, Joaquin didn't deserve to be on the losing side tonight
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Ianjaig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "We had Heighway on the wing..." BEEP BEEP!!
« Reply #478 on: June 27, 2006, 10:20:25 pm »
fair enough stating something about how he looks without knowing but to mock is a bit low.

Not really, as I was trying to take the piss out of G Neville (in a round about way)  :-X
Bill Shankly to a Liverpool fan:
"Where are you from?"
"I'm a Liverpool fan from London."
"Well laddie . . . . What's it like to be in heaven?"

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #479 on: June 27, 2006, 10:20:30 pm »

That haircut is straight out of a monastry.

Great game, well played france, hard luck to our boys - some great passing tonight from alonso.

And well played ref I thought.