Author Topic: Is something going on for Juventus?  (Read 18174 times)

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Is something going on for Juventus?
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2006, 02:28:23 pm »
I believe people are innocent untill proven guilty.

How about they ran away cuz they know they will be proven guilty? Stop being stupid my friend. They aren't going to wait until the axe fall on their head.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2006, 02:36:06 pm »
Because of the previous story about the Juve doctor, maybe?

Anyway, what do you expect Juve to do? Come out and say "oops, you caught us"?

Juve was found not guilty in this case ::)
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2006, 02:48:44 pm »
Juve was found not guilty in this case ::)

Yeah, apparently the doctor did it all by himself.

Oh and now there are serious question marks over the verdict. Quelle surprise as they say at Highbury.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2006, 03:17:07 pm »
Yeah, apparently the doctor did it all by himself.

Oh and now there are serious question marks over the verdict. Quelle surprise as they say at Highbury.
They were found not guilty, I have no further comments on these stupid allegations.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2006, 03:18:43 pm »
They were found not guilty, I have no further comments on these stupid allegations.

Are you their Lawyer by the way? :P

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2006, 03:42:05 pm »

You honestly think that it was all kosher?

If you do, I've got a bridge I want to sell you...
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Online Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2006, 04:34:43 pm »
He has statistics to prove that the board were innocent.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

and this one time in band camp .......
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2006, 06:57:35 pm »
Still think they're not guilty?

Match-fixing probe rocks Serie A

Prosecutors are investigating top clubs, referees and officials for suspected match-fixing in the biggest scandal to hit Italy since the 1980s.

Two senior officials of Juventus, Italy's most successful club, are among 41 people under formal investigation.

Six-times European champions AC Milan as well as Lazio feature in the probe of 19 league games from last season.

In Rome, police searched the soccer federation's offices and those of the referees' association.

Referee Massimo De Santis, who will take part in next month's World Cup in Germany, is being investigated in the probe.

The crisis led incoming Prime Minister Romano Prodi to suggest that a political 'commisar' be put in charge of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC).

Franco Carraro resigned as FIGC president on Monday and is also under investigation by Naples magistrates.

Carraro responded to reports earlier this week that he was under investigation by saying: "I am absolutely calm because I know I have always acted correctly.

"Over the years I have featured in many investigations from magistrates and I have always been cleared or acquitted."

The worlds of business and politics are closely linked to Italian football - former prime minister Berlusconi is owner of AC Milan while the powerful Fiat-owning Agnelli family effectively control Juventus through a holding company.

MATCH-FIXING PROBE MUSHROOMS
May 4: Intercepted phone conversations between Juve's Luciano Moggi and Pierluigi Pairetto, a former member of the federation's refereeing commission, published
May 8: Italian Football federation president Franco Carraro resigns
May 11: Federation vice-president Innocenzo Mazzini resigns
May 11: Entire Juventus board resigns

Leading Italian businessman Diego Dalle Valle, owner of the luxury goods firm Tod's and honorary president of Florence club Fiorentina, was also named on Friday along with his brother Andrea.

Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi and CEO Antonio Giraudo are at the centre of the scandal which was triggered by the publication of telephone taps of them discussing refereeing appointments with senior federation officials.

On Thursday the board of directors of Juventus resigned en masse ahead of a shareholders' meeting on 29 June.

Turin magistrates have put Giraudo under investigation for possible false accounting relating to transfer dealings.

Magistrates in Rome are examining the operation of the GEA management company, which controls almost 200 players and coaches and is headed by Moggi's son Alessandro.

Juventus are strong favourites to win their 29th Italian title on Sunday's final day of the season, although the status of last season's win now depends on the outcome of the investigations.

If Juventus were to be found guilty of "sporting fraud", they could be stripped of their title win and face demotion to the second tier Serie B.

In the last major scandal to hit Italian football, AC Milan and Lazio were demoted to Serie B in 1980 following a match-fixing and illegal gambling investigation.

From the Beeb.

Offline rafabenitez.

• Kopite
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2006, 07:05:44 pm »
if theyre guilty, demote the bastards.
The Kop needs to lead the ground. There's no excuse to be in the Kop and not sing.

KFS
JFT96

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2006, 07:08:21 pm »
It will be quite strange if Milan & Juventus won't be in Series A next season... Time for Inter to be a champion...

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2006, 07:32:12 pm »
Still think they're not guilty?

From the Beeb.
I only skim read that, but one point stands out: why are they probing mushrooms?
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2006, 07:40:23 pm »
:lmao

I just noticed that. Nice use of grammar.

Offline tq

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2006, 09:55:27 pm »
Nothing is proved to be correct at all mate.

If you ask for a certain ref, is that the same thing as that ref will give you an advantage?
I don't think so, you can turn it around and say this ref will not give you a disadvantage.

Why would you ask for a certain ref if you didn't think it would give you an advantage? Would you feel comfortable with David Dein using his position on the FA board to select Arsenal's ref every week?

Anyways, if this continues to snowball, they'll at least be docked points (I'd imagine, although it is Italy and it is Juve, so who knows?).  I think relegating them is too much to hope for, alhtough they certainly would deserve it if it's true.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2006, 01:17:13 am »
Kaizer, do you think that lee harvey oswald shot jfk ????? :duh

'cos juve cheating is soooo blatantly obvious , it's unreal

Italian football has  been riddled with corruption for a looooooong time (see inter milan v liverpool 1965 )

think you need to open your eyes a bit...!!!! ::)
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2006, 02:16:56 am »
Kaizer, do you think that lee harvey oswald shot jfk ????? :duh

'cos juve cheating is soooo blatantly obvious , it's unreal

Italian football has  been riddled with corruption for a looooooong time (see inter milan v liverpool 1965 )

think you need to open your eyes a bit...!!!! ::)
Really?  ???

Next you'll tell me that Nazi Germany invaded Poland and started the 2nd World war.. ::) :P

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2006, 03:50:50 am »
Really?  ???

Next you'll tell me that Nazi Germany invaded Poland and started the 2nd World war.. ::) :P

Well, technically it all started to kick off when Germany went into the Sudetenland, making Eastern Europe very nervous...

:P

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2006, 11:52:10 am »
I've always found it funny how they won 29 league titles and yet in Europe they always fail to impress...

Put two and two together...
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2006, 12:06:23 pm »
I've always found it funny how they won 29 league titles and yet in Europe they always fail to impress...

Put two and two together...

And like I said before, both their victories came in controversy.

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2006, 12:19:24 pm »
And like I said before, both their victories came in controversy.

I was gonna say that too but I thought I'd get slated. Good point then ;D
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2006, 01:40:32 pm »
What about the refs?

Italians withdraw World Cup ref 

De Santis has been withdrawn from the World Cup
The Italian Football Federation has withdrawn World Cup referee, Massimo de Santis, who is under investigation in a probe into possible soccer fraud.
It has informed Fifa and Uefa it was withdrawing applications for De Santis, and two assistant referees, Alessandro Griselli and Marco Ivaldi.

All three officials are among those being investigated in a scandal which has hit four of Italy's top clubs.

It said the move must not be considered "prejudicial of legal judgements".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4768353.stm

Wonder if Colina will make a come back? Or be asked to sort out the Ref organization.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2006, 01:52:47 pm »
Wow, this looks innocent. All these Italians claiming unemployment benefits, eh, Kaizer?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2006, 07:25:41 pm »
Can't we all stop bickering, relax, and have a good laugh at Viera?

Nice move there, mate!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2006, 11:20:58 am »
It's all gone down hill and got a lot worse for Italian football according to today's Guardian. Rumours of players being coerced to join certain agencies to get transfers to big teams; individuals purposely underperforming and now Buffon could be out of the WC for being involved in a betting scandal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scandal hits Italy World Cup plans

Match-fixing, threats of violence, blackmail, illegal betting, coercion - that's the background to Italy's World Cup build-up on the final day of their season

Barbara McMahon in Rome and Kevin Buckley in Milan
Sunday May 14, 2006
The Observer

Italian football is in meltdown with the World Cup less than a month away. Four Serie A clubs stand accused of match-fixing, a referee and his assistants have been pulled off the World Cup list while being investigated for corruption, the Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon may also miss the tournament as a result of a betting scandal, and several of the most senior figures at club and national level have been forced to resign.

Italy's national game has been shaken by a barrage of allegations, with prosecutors in five Italian cities - Rome, Turin, Naples, Parma and Perugia - investigating claims of coercion of referees, threats and blackmail, illegal betting, false accounting and even a report of holding match officials against their will.
If Buffon is found guilty of illegal betting - phone taps reveal the Juventus number one wagered as much as €500,000 in a single bet in a series totalling over €2 million - he could be kicked out of the Italy squad, which is due to be named tomorrow. Buffon was questioned by magistrates in Turin yesterday and his lawyer said that the bets were placed before the autumn of 2005, when new regulations came into force. The goalkeeper made no comment.

Italy's coach, Marcello Lippi, has been forced publicly to deny claims that callups to the national side have been influenced by business interests. And the national team's captain, Fabio Cannavaro, has been implicated in further claims of skulduggery. Cannavaro is said to have deliberately underperformed at his former club, Inter, in order to facilitate a move to Juventus two years ago.

Italy's FA are rudderless after their top two officials were forced to stand down, and prosecutors in Rome and Naples are probing GEA World, the management company that handles more transfers in Italy than any other. GEA World is run by Alessandro Moggi, son of Luciano Moggi, the man at the centre of the investigation. Moggi senior quit as general manager of Juventus after being heavily implicated.

The authorities are looking into allegations of abuse of GEA's 'dominant position' in football and allege that both father and son used threats and violence to conduct their business. Moggi and Juventus chief executive Antonio Giraudo are additionally under investigation for allegedly locking a referee and his two assistants in a changing room at the end of Juve's match against Reggina in November 2004 and haranguing them for having failed to support the team, who lost the match 2-1. Coincidentally Juventus return to Reggina today needing a draw to clinch their 29th league title.

What began last weekend in Turin with a ripple of rumours about manipulation of match officials rapidly became a tidal wave of scandal that by last Thursday had swept away the entire board of Juventus. If the club win the scudetto this afternoon, celebrations will be muted. Angry fans protested against Moggi outside the club's headquarters on Friday, knowing that if the club are convicted of 'sporting fraud' they could be relegated and even have past titles rescinded.

The Turin tapes - from magistrates' telephone taps - implicated Moggi. When evidence from the tapes was leaked to the press, news emerged of the parallel undercover investigations in other cities. Fifty-eight people are under formal investigation, including 20 referees and assistant referees, a dozen club officials, eight journalists and 10 players' agents. Massimo De Santis, one of the two Italian referees due to officiate in Germany, was withdrawn by the FA yesterday, though he has strenuously denied any wrongdoing. 'I am willing to cooperate because I have done nothing wrong,' he said.

In addition, the claims are highly embarrassing for the wealthy car manufacturing Agnelli family, which owns Juventus and whose members have pointedly distanced themselves from the lurid revelations. Juventus' share price went down because of the crisis, crashing by 10 per cent on Thursday.

The Agnelli family - involved in another recent scandal when heir to the empire Lapo Elkan was hospitalised after overdosing on cocaine in the Turin apartment of two transsexual prostitutes - instructed the Juventus board to resign en masse on Thursday afternoon. There have been calls for a parliamentary inquiry into the scandal, which is likely to happen. 'There needs to be a total clean-up, to clear out what's bad,' said Francesco Totti, the Roma and Italy striker.

Only last Tuesday Franco Carraro, the FA chief, memorably told reporters: 'I have complete faith in the judiciary. I am calm.' That evening, tape transcripts were leaked suggesting that Carraro and Moggi worked closely together. The following morning Carraro quit, soon followed by refereeing directors Pier Luigi Pairetto and Luigi Bergamo. They had apparently been heard discussing with Moggi which referees to allocate to Juventus games, and joking over expensive watches received as gifts.

Bergamo was also dumped from Uefa's refereeing committee. Carraro's deputy, Innocenzo Mazzini, then quit, leaving Italy with no top official to represent their FA in Germany.

Naples magistrates are looking into 19 Serie A matches last season, when Juventus won the title under Fabio Capello, the coach who is increasingly likely to exercise a contractual option to end his contract a year early. 'I want to get out of this country,' is the message Capello has been circulating recently. Investigators have used sanctioned phone taps for more than a year in probing Moggi, who is believed to be at the epicentre of a secretive group who 'constructed an association to influence the entire system of Italian professional football in the interests of Juventus and other companies'. This is a reference to GEA World.

Finance police in Rome - apparently unbeknown to the Naples investigators - had themselves been tracking the activities of GEA World for months. It is alleged that GEA World intimidated players by warning them they needed to be on the agency's books if they wished to move to a big club. Alessandro Nesta, who transferred from the financially crippled Lazio to AC Milan three years ago, ditched his agent to join GEA.

Most of Moggi's enemies appear too shellshocked to rejoice at his downfall. But one man who was cheering was Luciano Gaucci, ex-owner of Perugia, who feels vindicated for his past criticism of Moggi's methods. News of a fat man in a Hawaian shirt drinking champagne on a tropical beach provided the most surreal moment of a strange week: Gaucci himself is currently in Santo Domingo as a fugitive from Italian justice over financial charges relating to his former club.

Reflecting the fear and suspicion throughout the upper echelons of Italian football, a well-placed source insisted on anonymity yesterday when he said: 'If true, this could be the most serious scandal in the entire history of Italian football. The sheer extent of alleged corruption is much deeper than any of us ever imagined. It shows it is not a one-off case, it is systemic.

'But, at the same time, this represents a great opportunity to clean things up once and for all.' 'If true, this could be the most serious scandal in the history of Italian football' Under investigation: a police officer at Juventus HQ and referee De Santis; fugitive Gaucci; main man Luciano Moggi; and goalkeeper Buffon.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1774575,00.html

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2006, 04:23:28 pm »
Juventus just won Serie A after todays 0-2 win against Reggina.

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2006, 04:23:50 pm »
Well, they've just won the league - 2-0 away win at Reggina

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2006, 04:44:35 pm »
I want Kaizer to come out and defend this, if that is possible.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2006, 06:42:06 pm »
Juventus press silence is over, and here are some comments from Capello, Moggi and Del Piero about the "Scudetto" and the allegations.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may14j.html

Juventus may be at the centre of an investigation, but Coach Fabio Capello and his players insist they can be proud of this Scudetto.

“We were leading the table for 76 consecutive rounds,” he told Sky Italia. “We end the season with our heads held high, as this is a great squad and our celebrations are fully deserved. No team has achieved our statistics and we proved we could battle on under pressure.”

The entire Board of Directors resigned this week after transcripts of alleged telephone conversations sparked an investigation into various irregularities, but Capello shrugged off claims Juve risk relegation to Serie B.

“Why would that happen? I ask everyone to wait, as people are rushing to judge before seeing all the facts here. At the end of the investigation, we might be laughing off these wild accusations. We are all very close to the directors and are grateful for the hard work they’ve done for us. Attacking Luciano Moggi has become a national sport.”

This afternoon Milan patron Silvio Berlusconi told newspapers he wants the ‘return’ of two Scudetto titles he feels were stolen from his club.

“Berlusconi was talking like a fan. Don’t forget that the telephone transcripts also mention someone who works for Milan and that’s all I’m going to say.”

Capello also denied newspaper reports he has lined up a summer move to Inter, where Roberto Mancini looks ready to step aside.

“My future is definitely at Juventus, as I am tied to Roberto Bettega and commercial director Romy Gai. I’ve been very happy here and have no reason to leave, so I think I’ll stay with Juve.”

Fabio Cannavaro played a part in the opening goal in today’s 2-0 win at Reggina and also celebrated this record-breaking campaign.

“This is an important Scudetto that comes at the end of a year in which we were always leading the Championship. It has been a great season,” said the defender.

“The investigation is something for the club to work through, but we must compliment our fans, who came here to Bari in vast numbers to stick by us.”

« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 06:52:04 pm by Kaizer »

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2006, 06:46:46 pm »
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may14k.html

Luciano Moggi has announced he is leaving Juventus and the football world for good after an investigation into alleged match fixing.

“I am here to inform everyone that on Monday I will resign as director general of Juventus and that from now on football is no longer my world,” he told Sky Italia’s cameras.

“I no longer have the desire nor the strength to carry on. These people have killed my soul. All I’ll focus on now is defending myself against so much bitterness aimed in my direction.”

The controversial transfer guru’s telephone conversations were taped by public prosecutors for several months and have sparked an investigation into alleged match-fixing and collusion with referees.

Many heads have rolled over this scandal, such as the entire Juventus Board of Directors, the FIGC President Franco Carraro and Vice-President Innocenzo Mazzini.

Today another high-profile figure stepped aside, as the President of the AIA – Italian Refereeing Association – Tullio Lanese has suspended himself from his post “with immediate effect.”

Although nobody has been charged and the investigation is on-going, the worst case scenario could see Juve docked points, stripped of titles or even relegated to Serie B if the allegations are proved.

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2006, 06:49:36 pm »
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may14l.html

Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero has praised his teammates for “earning this Scudetto with hard graft on the pitch.”

“This is a special day for so many reasons. We are extremely happy with this Scudetto and the whole season, as my teammates and I sweated our hearts out on the field in every game, whether it was a win or a defeat,” said the Bianconeri legend.

The celebrations for the 29th title have been overshadowed by an investigation into alleged match-fixing and collusion with referees, which has seen the entire Juventus Board of Directors – including director general Luciano Moggi – resign.

“It’s inevitable that we cannot ignore what is happening. We’re close to the people who’ve worked with us for many years and hope the matter can reach a positive resolution, but I don’t want to get into this debate.”

Juventus were top of the table from start to finish and notched up a record-breaking 91 points, so Del Piero insists they have reason to be proud.

“At the end of the day, the most wonderful thing about this sport is being there on the field and this season we proved our worth where it counts in the cleanest possible way. We feel very proud of this Scudetto.”

Nonetheless, there is talk of a worst case scenario in which Juventus would be relegated if the investigation reaches a conclusion that there were irregularities. Would Del Piero stay in Turin even if it meant playing Serie B football?

“My bond with Juventus is very strong and I have a love for this club that goes beyond many other considerations. It’s no coincidence I stayed this year even after some difficult moments.”

Those disappointments were caused by Coach Fabio Capello, who granted the captain just 17 Serie A starts and 16 substitute appearances, even though he managed to score 12 goals.

“Capello has won two Scudetto titles with us. Our relationship has been exaggerated in the Press, as the row we supposedly had this week didn’t happen.”

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline rafabenitez.

• Kopite
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2006, 07:19:12 pm »
question, if theres 4 teams involved in this, what happens when they play each other? Does Don King ref?
The Kop needs to lead the ground. There's no excuse to be in the Kop and not sing.

KFS
JFT96

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2006, 10:38:10 pm »
'If Buffon is found guilty of illegal betting - phone taps reveal the Juventus number one wagered as much as €500,000 in a single bet in a series totalling over €2 million - he could be kicked out of the Italy squad, which is due to be named tomorrow. '

How can anyone judge anything on an article like that? Its just spinning rumours as it doesnt have a clue. How is a Goalkeeper gambling a scandal? Its all bullshit unless there are actually tapes which I 100% doubt there is on this Buffon case. Michael Owen is a huge gambler yet is not accused of all this. Just because the lad is betting does not mean he is fixing games. Or at least wait until there is some solid evidence before spinning shit like this.

The rest is true,Juve have been doing this for years and its about time they got caught. Can you really see the being relegated though? No chance
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2006, 11:23:50 pm »
How is a Goalkeeper gambling a scandal?

Its illegal for them to gamble on competitions that they are involved in in Italy

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2006, 11:28:50 pm »
Its illegal for them to gamble on competitions that they are involved in in Italy

But do you honestly think he is the only one to do it? Id say alot of the Premiership players do it and I remember the Milwall players in the cup final a few years back on TV on about their bets for the cup final. Dont see much wrong with it unless he was throwing games which is doubtful as they didnt drop many points.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2006, 12:02:06 am »
But do you honestly think he is the only one to do it? Id say alot of the Premiership players do it and I remember the Milwall players in the cup final a few years back on TV on about their bets for the cup final. Dont see much wrong with it unless he was throwing games which is doubtful as they didnt drop many points.

He probably isn't the only one, but the fact remains that it is illegal in Italy and if he has done that, then he should be punished. Yes, some will get away with it, but like with all things some will get off the hook.

I too don't see much wrong with it - I think the FA stopped players betting on matches they were involved in when (I think) Lee Chapman bet on him scoring and for 9 games in a row he did that back in the 80s - nothing wrong with that but throwing games is a totally different thing.

PS One of the Buffon bets was allegedly on a Coppa Italia game (500,000 EURO) which he wasn't involved in.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2006, 02:06:20 am »
But players know each other and may know who will play, who is "really" injured, and have the advantage over a regular punter.

Which is why player should not be allowed to bet on their sport.
----------

Speaking of betting..I wonder how many have already bet on Italy in the WC?
Wonder if they still feel as confident on them..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2006, 10:03:46 am »
The thread really should have been called "Isn't there always something going on at Juventus"

Fucking hell they've been taking the piss for years
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline rob76

• Kopite
  • foxx il- united!!
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2006, 10:08:11 am »
how about "How do Juve always get away with it?"

Offline RayO'Biscan

• Who controls the past, controls the future.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass 'n' Move!
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2006, 10:20:16 am »
Well, Luciano Moggi looks like a movie bad guy.  :P

Offline rob76

• Kopite
  • foxx il- united!!
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2006, 11:13:19 am »
listen to him speak....he'll give marlon brando a good run for his money!!

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2006, 11:16:24 am »
Milan are now DEMANDING they get the title for the last two years.

Italian football, eh? ::)