Author Topic: 'Sopranos' fans- S6 and general gubbins in here. No Spoilers.  (Read 284359 times)

Offline The Scouseologist

• Weak-bladdered, ultimately repentant pie-hog
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE
Re: 'Sopranos' fans- S6 and general gubbins in here. No Spoilers.
« Reply #440 on: June 8, 2007, 04:08:52 pm »
I am lost, was watching latest series and it went off air on E4 last year, then they started showing them all again on Channel 4 and have gone off again.

When the hell is the show back on to finish to the end, and why has it twice just stopped halfway through this series??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum

Offline IloveGuinness17

• Knows fuck all about waves...
  • Legacy Fan
  • M.I.A.
« Reply #441 on: June 9, 2007, 04:08:24 am »
I am lost, was watching latest series and it went off air on E4 last year, then they started showing them all again on Channel 4 and have gone off again.

When the hell is the show back on to finish to the end, and why has it twice just stopped halfway through this series??

The final half of season 6 is showing now in the US. In fact this sunday is that series finale. What happened was that season 5 was supposed to be the final season but David Chase(creator) and the cast signed on for a 6th season. The 6th season is split in 2 halves, probably to produce some hype. David Chase is known for being a perfectionist and so are Gandolfini, and Falco. So the the seasons aren't released until it fits a certain level of acting,music, writing and so forth that Chase approves.
JFT 96-Solidarity

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #442 on: June 9, 2007, 06:04:51 pm »
yesssssss the last half is starting soon yesssssssss
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #443 on: June 9, 2007, 06:21:34 pm »
Just got hold of the mother of all spoliers for the final episode.

Don't worry, wont be posting it here  ;)
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #444 on: June 9, 2007, 06:32:00 pm »
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #445 on: June 9, 2007, 06:34:14 pm »
Hopefully it will just be 60 minutes of non stop gore and violence  :)
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #446 on: June 9, 2007, 07:19:29 pm »

Your avatar kinda gives the game away for anyone not watching them immediately anyway  :wave

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #447 on: June 9, 2007, 07:29:20 pm »
Oops forgot about that  :wave

Changed

Offline Consigliere

• Through a glass darkly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: June 9, 2007, 08:20:24 pm »
Episode 86: Made in America (Season finale).

David Chase is known to have filmed three endings, to keep the secret safe even among the actors.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #449 on: June 9, 2007, 08:24:10 pm »
will tony get whacked ??

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: June 9, 2007, 09:09:34 pm »
will tony get whacked ??

Suppose that's what most people think, including me, but it does seem quite an obvious ending. What wouldn't be is a member of his family being killed. Especially after what he said to Carmela. Famous last words perhaps?

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: June 9, 2007, 09:42:53 pm »

I can't wait for this ep
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #452 on: June 9, 2007, 09:59:15 pm »
If anyone from tony's family gets clipped I hope its AJ

Miserable c*nt.

It seems like he is crying every episode these days.

Offline IloveGuinness17

• Knows fuck all about waves...
  • Legacy Fan
  • M.I.A.
« Reply #453 on: June 9, 2007, 10:12:56 pm »
I personally think Tony is going to be indicted by the feds. But Leotardo is going down.
JFT 96-Solidarity

Offline paul8088

• Anny Roader
« Reply #454 on: June 10, 2007, 02:26:25 pm »
all the spoilers including pictures from the set of the final episode on deadwood spoilers forum

http://deadwoodstage.proboards34.com/

register to view

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #455 on: June 10, 2007, 02:42:16 pm »
So this is it. 8 years and 86 episodes of what has been for me, the greatest TV show of all time, certainly of my generation.

An unbelievable show, and one that will be hard to top.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: June 10, 2007, 05:23:29 pm »
So this is it. 8 years and 86 episodes of what has been for me, the greatest TV show of all time, certainly of my generation.

An unbelievable show, and one that will be hard to top.

yeah, I'm very sad it's ending. this is the end of a chapter for my life.. kinda sad I know but there really isn't many television programmes I get excited about. I'll always remember sopranos, it had every emotion, even as a viewer, you too learn so much just from watching it.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #457 on: June 10, 2007, 05:33:41 pm »
I'm disappointed they didn't make one more season.

They could have done it imo.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: June 10, 2007, 05:35:47 pm »

events in this series seem a little rushed. there were just so many scenes in blue comet.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #459 on: June 10, 2007, 05:48:19 pm »

True, but it has to end sometime. If it went another season then people would want "just one more". I think in truth they could have gone for 2 or 3 more if they really wanted, as this second part of series 6 could have been stretched out to series 7 as well.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #460 on: June 10, 2007, 05:59:09 pm »
Question is, where do we get our fix from now on?

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #461 on: June 10, 2007, 06:01:15 pm »
True, but it has to end sometime. If it went another season then people would want "just one more". I think in truth they could have gone for 2 or 3 more if they really wanted, as this second part of series 6 could have been stretched out to series 7 as well.

Yeah thats a good point.

Question is, where do we get our fix from now on?

I will turn to "Lost"

But nothing will ever better the Sopranos.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #462 on: June 10, 2007, 06:03:41 pm »
Yeah thats a good point.

I will turn to "Lost"

Deadwood is from the same cloth- another HBO classic, with enough sex violence and intrigue to keep you going. And the language would make even Uncle Jun blush  ;)

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #463 on: June 10, 2007, 06:05:02 pm »
I will turn to "Lost"

Yeah I have Lost which will go from number 2 in the pecking order to number 1.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #464 on: June 10, 2007, 06:05:14 pm »
Cool I've never seen it before.

Will defo give it a watch.

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #465 on: June 11, 2007, 03:40:45 am »
Spoiler
Sorry but had to come on immediately...

WTF???   >:(

Very disappointed with that ending to say the least.  I "get" it but sorry, that's just sloppy writing (or non-writing) in my book.  Some great scenes - particularly the one with Uncle Junior but come on now.

Thanks for a ton of great moments and memories over the years - it's been lovely...   :wave

...but with that farewell, it makes me look forward to "The Wire" coming back even more. 
[close]

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #466 on: June 11, 2007, 03:40:47 am »
just showed the last episode here

Spoiler

All I'll say is I have to think about that ending

[close]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:47:32 am by nyctex »

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #467 on: June 11, 2007, 11:32:03 am »
Spoiler
Did i download a dud episode or something...was that REALLY the ending?? It just had meadow getting out her car and running to the restaurant, the other 3 eating onion rings and then it all went black for about 20 seconds before the credits started....???? Is that it?
[close]
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline The Scouseologist

• Weak-bladdered, ultimately repentant pie-hog
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE
« Reply #468 on: June 11, 2007, 11:33:00 am »
The final half of season 6 is showing now in the US. In fact this sunday is that series finale. What happened was that season 5 was supposed to be the final season but David Chase(creator) and the cast signed on for a 6th season. The 6th season is split in 2 halves, probably to produce some hype. David Chase is known for being a perfectionist and so are Gandolfini, and Falco. So the the seasons aren't released until it fits a certain level of acting,music, writing and so forth that Chase approves.

Any idea though when we get it over here?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #469 on: June 11, 2007, 12:10:48 pm »
For people who didn't like the ending...

This was taken from a HBO forum

Spoiler

OK, at first I was really angry. I mean really, really angry. I can't believe though that no-one has posted by now what happened. The only thing I saw that was right, was that in the last scene we are seeing through Tony's eyes. Remember when he was speaking with Bobby...basically saying that you don't see it happening?

So here is what I found out. The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

Absolutely incredible!!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past. It will not go on forever despite that he would like it to "don't stop". Not the fans!!! Tony would like it to keep going but just as we have to say goodbye, so does he. No more Tony and I guess we are supposed to be happy that Meadow didn't get clipped as well (she would have been between the shooter and Tony) since she is the only one worth a crap in that family.

Thank you David Chase for making it so obscure that I feel bad for hating you at first. Absolutely amazing!!!!"

I just started watching this show, so I don't know how right he is, but for those of you who have........well?
[close]

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #470 on: June 11, 2007, 12:18:51 pm »
Spoiler
Ive read what you have put about 3 or 4 times now Cusamano and i still dont really understand it.  Is the guy saying Tony, AJ and Carm all get shot? Who actually kills them? Is he already dead when hes in the restaurant?  I mean how can those two black guys come in when one of them was killed by Tony. I dont understand what he means by 'Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!!' why is that genius!!! ARGH IM SO FUCKIN CONFUSED!
[close]
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: June 11, 2007, 12:42:59 pm »
Spoiler
I hate these shitty endings, ruins my enjoyment watching the older episodes again. what the heck was chase playing at? 
[close]

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: June 11, 2007, 12:52:34 pm »
I take it I'm the only that enjoyed the ending?
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #473 on: June 11, 2007, 12:56:28 pm »
Spoiler
Ive read what you have put about 3 or 4 times now Cusamano and i still dont really understand it.  Is the guy saying Tony, AJ and Carm all get shot? Who actually kills them? Is he already dead when hes in the restaurant?  I mean how can those two black guys come in when one of them was killed by Tony. I dont understand what he means by 'Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!!' why is that genius!!! ARGH IM SO FUCKIN CONFUSED!
[close]

Spoiler

I'm honestly not sure mate, but its the most viable conclusion to date IMO.

Hopefully David Chase will explain his reasons in the next few days
[close]

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #474 on: June 11, 2007, 12:57:06 pm »
I take it I'm the only that enjoyed the ending?

I was a little annoyed to begin with but looking back I thought it was pretty good.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: June 11, 2007, 02:28:05 pm »
I was a little annoyed to begin with but looking back I thought it was pretty good.

Spoiler
Looking back at what you've written there if that's all right then it's genius actually. I'm going to watch those last few minutes again...
[close]

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: June 11, 2007, 03:17:39 pm »
Spoiler

something i got from somewhere else...

Just about the last scene....

All the people who were in the diner were past characters....if you look at the final credits...

--The guy who went to the bathroom was actually Phil's Nephew
--The black guys in the diner were the guys who shot Tony before
--The couple in the corner were involved with Christopher over some video stuff

Also, if you remember how Tony's Dad dies....with his dad getting gunned down in a restaurant with his family but Tony just arriving late (like Meadow) ...

Plus ...notice how they were eating the Onion Rings...none of them bit into them, just put them in thier mouth like 'communion'...however unlike communion the middle is empty .. very symbolic..

anyways...tony prob. does die there...

When he was in a coma, Light was the sign of LIFE...the end is nothing but darkness...
Bobby told tony on the boat that he thought death was just 'darkness'
blah blah blah ..

[close]

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
« Reply #477 on: June 11, 2007, 04:17:40 pm »
Loved the ending. Tied up well. Thanks for the entertainment.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #478 on: June 11, 2007, 04:37:07 pm »
Spoiler

something i got from somewhere else...

Just about the last scene....

All the people who were in the diner were past characters....if you look at the final credits...

--The guy who went to the bathroom was actually Phil's Nephew
--The black guys in the diner were the guys who shot Tony before
--The couple in the corner were involved with Christopher over some video stuff

Also, if you remember how Tony's Dad dies....with his dad getting gunned down in a restaurant with his family but Tony just arriving late (like Meadow) ...

Plus ...notice how they were eating the Onion Rings...none of them bit into them, just put them in thier mouth like 'communion'...however unlike communion the middle is empty .. very symbolic..

anyways...tony prob. does die there...

When he was in a coma, Light was the sign of LIFE...the end is nothing but darkness...
Bobby told tony on the boat that he thought death was just 'darkness'
blah blah blah ..

[close]

Spoiler
thought jonny-boy soprano died of lung disease?
[close]
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: June 11, 2007, 04:41:16 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Didn't his dad die from emphysema?

Also at least one of those black guys were killed...
[close]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 04:44:53 pm by realtarragona »