Author Topic: Released Players Summer 2023  (Read 2650 times)

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Released Players Summer 2023
« on: May 17, 2023, 05:23:13 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firmino-keita-milner-and-oxlade-chamberlain-leave-lfc-summer

Liverpool FC can confirm Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Released Players Summer 2023
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 05:24:48 pm »
Makes it so real now with Bobby  :(

One of the great forwards this club has had, and it’s had many amazing ones! 

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 05:25:13 pm »
Always sad to hear the official announcement.

Good luck lads wherever you land
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 05:25:18 pm »
Adrian should be on the list. Why the fuck are we considering giving him another contract?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 05:27:23 pm »
All core members of our recent success, Bobby in particular a tear will be shed for, no deservice to the others but Bobby just made you smile he is golden.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 05:42:49 pm »
Adrian should be on the list. Why the fuck are we considering giving him another contract?

He might be retiring?

Right decision for all of these players to leave for all parties I think. I did kind of expect Milner to retire with us but I guess he’s still got the legs for another season. Bobby, no words needed.

Ox will get a move to a lower premier league team and hopefully he can get a decent amount of game time with limited injuries. I’m sure Keita will be fine as well.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 05:42:53 pm »
Sad to see Bobby go. What a player he has been for LFC. I’m sure there will be lots written about him in the next few weeks. As for the others I’m afraid their time is up and probably should of gone at the end of last season. However they all contributed and will always be remembered, Some more than others. I would of liked to see Millie have a role at the club in some capacity but there you go.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 05:44:06 pm »
He might be retiring?

Right decision for all of these players to leave for all parties I think. I did kind of expect Milner to retire with us but I guess he’s still got the legs for another season. Bobby, no words needed.

Ox will get a move to a lower premier league team and hopefully he can get a decent amount of game time with limited injuries. I’m sure Keita will be fine as well.

He's not mate. Jimbo Pearce said we're talking to him about another one.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 06:03:30 pm »
The word legend is often bandied about too much in football. At Liverpool we set the bar much higher than most when it comes to giving legendary status to our players (past & present). Bobby clears that bar with ease. Great player who'll leave us with great memories.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2023, 06:11:16 pm »
No need for that in this thread. Maybe discussions are still ongoing?

Remember we don't know if we need a replacement no 3 (for him) or a replacement no 2 (If Kelleher moves on).

Dunno why we are so quick to want to boot players out as if they have been sitting here destroying the club from within.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2023, 06:16:52 pm »

If kelleher is going he's going to be number 2

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2023, 06:19:46 pm »
A word for Ox a lifelong Liverpool fan got to live out his dreams but probably didn't go the way he imagined mostly because of injuries, still a decent player hopefully he goes on to have a good end to his career at his next clubs.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2023, 06:23:39 pm »
Adrian must be a supportive character and a good personality to have in the club because as a player, he's just not good. Still 3rd choice, so hardly ever going to get used, although we do have Pitaluga and Davies?

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2023, 06:24:16 pm »
Bobby and Milner obviously leave as legends, but I also expect Ox to get a good reception. That screamer against City will live on forever.

Offline Moos

• Main Stander
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2023, 06:27:55 pm »
Milner turned out to be one of or maybe even our best ever free signing. As a leader on the pitch he was the perfect successor to Steven Gerrard. I have so much respect for him as a player and a person. Will miss him, but he has given us his all and I hope he will have a good final spell to his career.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2023, 06:28:44 pm »

[/quote]
Bobby and Milner obviously leave as legends, but I also expect Ox to get a good reception. That screamer against City will live on forever.

They’re all legends

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2023, 06:30:36 pm »
Milner turned out to be one of or maybe even our best ever free signing. As a leader on the pitch he was the perfect successor to Steven Gerrard. I have so much respect for him as a player and a person. Will miss him, but he has given us his all and I hope he will have a good final spell to his career.

Milner is on course to break Gareth Barry's record. Shame we didn't keep him and allow him to break it with Liverpool. Also, most of his matches has been with Liverpool, rather than City, Villa

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2023, 06:31:41 pm »
They’re all legends

Riiiiiight.

Anyway, sad to see Bobby and Milner go, specially Bobby. One of my favorite players from the Klopp era.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2023, 06:35:40 pm »
I thought Nat Phillips & Rhys Williams were out of contract this summer too?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2023, 06:37:10 pm »
I thought Nat Phillips & Rhys Williams were out of contract this summer too?

Didn't Phillips extend then go on loan?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2023, 06:46:46 pm »
Riiiiiight.

Anyway, sad to see Bobby and Milner go, specially Bobby. One of my favorite players from the Klopp era.

yeah Ox and Naby are not in the legend category! but they are still always going to be remembered as players who played a part however ’significant' in this club winning absolutely everything. By fair minded fans that is, not the idiot twitter brats who love nothing more than sticking the boot into Liverpool players!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2023, 06:54:09 pm »
yeah Ox and Naby are not in the legend category! but they are still always going to be remembered as players who played a part however ’significant' in this club winning absolutely everything. By fair minded fans that is, not the idiot twitter brats who love nothing more than sticking the boot into Liverpool players!

Yes, they are. They All helped us win everything since being here.

Legends of the club. I thought Keita didn’t process like we thought he would and Ox wasn’t really the same after his bad injury against Roma but all are legends.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 06:56:02 pm by Fordy »

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2023, 06:56:23 pm »
Milly and Bobby leaving the Club as living legends and I expect them both to get a deservedly rapturous Anfield reception.It's hard to say goodbye even though its time, but my gosh they leave us with some amazing memories. Naby and Ox are more tales of what could have been if not for all the injuries, and I wish them all the best for the futures.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2023, 06:59:13 pm »
No need for that in this thread. Maybe discussions are still ongoing?

Remember we don't know if we need a replacement no 3 (for him) or a replacement no 2 (If Kelleher moves on).

Dunno why we are so quick to want to boot players out as if they have been sitting here destroying the club from within.

This is one thing I have never and will never get. This obesession with getting rid of players who are deemed to be not good enough, too old or whatever. Klopp is on record  mulitple times saying what a great personality Adrian is in the dressing room and if you look at what's going on in all the celebrations and in a lot of the behind the scenes stuff (and even on social media), Adrian is always right in the middle of everything and he's always there with a big smile or supporting his teammates. So, even if he's our third choice keeper he still seems to be an important person in the dressing room and I think you need those kind of people as well. Not even taking into account that he might also be helping new players settle outside the football setting as has also been suggested in some articles in the past.

If he gets a new contract, it will be because the club see value in it whatever role he plays. He won't be our highest paid player and we won't pay him money we don't have. So, if he stays, he'll stay for a reason and I'm fine with that and so should be everyone else. As supporters we only know a fraction of what is actually going on in the club and in the squad and what role players actually play and what our plan is for them...

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2023, 07:35:20 pm »

Oxlade-Chamberlin made 30 PL appearance (17 starts)  in our first title win in 30 years. Got 4 goals including the 1st goal in 2 away wins.

Played more PL mins in that league winning season than Milner, Matip, Keita.

He may not have lived up to his early promise due to injuries but he made a much bigger impact in the subsequent seasons (19/20 in particular) than people give him credit for.

I don’t think he’ll be remembered as fondly as Firmino and Milner but he deserves a really good reception on Saturday.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2023, 07:43:06 pm »
A word for Ox a lifelong Liverpool fan got to live out his dreams but probably didn't go the way he imagined mostly because of injuries, still a decent player hopefully he goes on to have a good end to his career at his next clubs.

Yeah, injuries did for him but if he can be fit, he'll do well at his next club. Also, thanks for that amazing goal against Man City, what a strike it was!

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2023, 07:50:33 pm »
Sad. They will get a great send off on Saturday.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2023, 07:53:20 pm »
Milly and Bobby leaving the Club as living legends and I expect them both to get a deservedly rapturous Anfield reception.It's hard to say goodbye even though its time, but my gosh they leave us with some amazing memories. Naby and Ox are more tales of what could have been if not for all the injuries, and I wish them all the best for the futures.

I was so excited when we signed Keita and when he was fit, he looked sound but unfortunately that wasn't very often. Hope he can stay fit at his next club.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2023, 08:17:01 pm »
They'll all be given a great send off, which they all deserve. All of them have played a massive part in us winning every trophy we have these last few years. Bobby and Milner have played a bigger role but Ox and Keita have played a big part and been a part of some great games and times as a Liverpool player

Everyone there on Saturday should support them all with everything you've got. Yes, Ox and Keita might not have had the Liverpool careers we wanted them to have or that they wanted to have themselves but they've never shirked away from being a part of this squad and all of them seem like great people

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2023, 09:25:21 pm »
Yeah, injuries did for him but if he can be fit, he'll do well at his next club. Also, thanks for that amazing goal against Man City, what a strike it was!

The most 'Gerrard' goal we've seen for a decade. What a moment that was. Genuinely think if he'd not done his knee against Roma and stayed at the same level it would've probably seen us get the point or two we needed for two more titles.

Bobby and Milner absolute titans in the last decade. A fair chunk of the "definitive" Klopp side gone now.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2023, 09:32:58 pm »
Sad to see them go, especially Milner & Bobby...

Shame about Ox, before his injury he was sensational for us... At one point I could imagine him being our next captain.

Naby was so unfortunate with the injuries as well...

all of them played a part in our success and deserve great farewell.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2023, 10:11:48 pm »
Sad to see them go, especially Milner & Bobby...

Shame about Ox, before his injury he was sensational for us... At one point I could imagine him being our next captain.

Naby was so unfortunate with the injuries as well...

all of them played a part in our success and deserve great farewell.

I feel like a lot of folk forget just how good he was just before that injury against Roma. He was one of the first names on the team sheet at that point. This was when our pressing was as good as it's been. Absolutely robbed by injury the poor fella.

Bobby and Milly both legends, but it's time for change.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2023, 10:21:08 pm »

Milner laid it on a plate for him, basically a tap in

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2023, 10:31:48 pm »
Good luck to all and I hope things work out well for each of them.

I was underwhelmed when Milner signed but, boy, was I wrong. He has demonstrated how great a player he is.
#JFT97

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2023, 10:35:46 pm »
Very much mixed feelings.  Naby and Ox were like the Jamie Redknapp of this era; always the misisng piece of the puzzle but never fit enough to show it (and, like Redknapp, a bit underwhelming in truth when they did get fit enough to play a few games).  They and Milly leaving at least demonstrate to FSG that we don't have lots of midfield bodies and it must be a good chunk off the wage bill.

Ox had really rotten luck with long-term injuries.  I may be being a bit harsh with Naby but I think he should look back on his time here as an opportunity missed and, for me at least, I think he could have done more to make a success of it.

Milly far exceeded expectations and was fantastic for us.  His stint as the best English left-back was barmy looking back on it now.  The reducers on Neymar and Messi will live long in the memory.  It's a shame he couldn't be kept on in an almost part-time role and transition into coaching here but I can understand it if he wants one more season.  You're a long time retired in this sport!

I've already said my piece on Bobby in his thread  :scarf
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 10:37:42 pm by thaddeus »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2023, 04:51:01 pm »
Well Klopp has called them all legends.

If you are taking about world class, world wide player then yes the likes of Gerrard and King Kenny are legends but when a player comes to a club and wins basically everything and major part of the team build up to that then they are also legends for the club.

Glad Klop said it because some just judge a player on their ability. Maybe; that’s the reason Milner didn’t really have a song but boy he deserves the kopp to sing about him from the rooftops on Saturday, as does OX and Nabby. Bobby is a given.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2023, 04:53:55 pm »
It is a team game. The whole is supposed to be better than the sum of its part. The best teams will have great individual players, but we're no longer a team that relies on just one or two players to drag the rest of the team over the line.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2023, 06:52:22 pm »
Definitely gonna need some midfielders now!
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42