12 (10.8%)
Modern Warfare
14 (12.6%)
Near Future
1 (0.9%)
Futuristic
2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: Battlefield 1 (PC/PS4/XB1) - Out Now on EA Access - 21st October Full Release  (Read 41059 times)

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It's kind of annoying that the maps are for premium pass players only, I was hoping they'd switch to the system Rainbow 6: Siege uses where everyone gets the new maps but the new unlocks are reserved for premium players for a few weeks before eventually being released to everyone. I like the game but I don't want to basically have to buy it twice at full price to get to play a few more maps.

BF4 was the same and hugely successful so they were never going to change it .... plus it’s EA who are rob dogs anyway.

To be fair though once all the expansion packs are out it’s a hell of alot more content.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Have to admit, outside of Witcher 3 and Dying light, BF1 DLC is well worth it in my opninion. The Russian DLC in particular is boss, the maps are superb. And given the next Battlefield won’t be out for a while I think the DLC keeps things fresh.

But they can all fuck off with their purchasable loot boxes, go and choke on them.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
After complaining about the premium pass I noticed the price dropped to £20 temporarily (I'm sure I checked it the day before, EA must be listening!), so I ended up buying it anyway.

The new maps are a mixed bag so far, though the conquest one centred around an old church was pretty fun when I tried it.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Absolutely loving this at the moment. Just started playing as Support having focused on mostly on Assault and a bit of Scout. Some of the battles in Frontlines mode are really intense if you get 2 good teams scrapping it out.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Absolutely loving this at the moment. Just started playing as Support having focused on mostly on Assault and a bit of Scout. Some of the battles in Frontlines mode are really intense if you get 2 good teams scrapping it out.

I got to 50 in support really quickly : Perino unlock (so many bullets, very accurate), perm ammo, air mortar or limpet if I'm chasing tanks.

I just noticed the other day that the class levelling thresholds are different. As such i think im about 28 for both Scout & Assault,  just 11 or so for Medic whose achievements ive been chasing and doing damage to my KDR for.

Just broke 700 kills for my spiked club ☺
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
Forgot to mention the October update, a few nice wee improvements. The best if which is the long-awaited Operations in server browser. Though there's apparently nobody on right now...

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
Re: Battlefield 1 (PC/PS4/XB1) - Out Now on EA Access - 21st October Full Release
« Reply #446 on: November 23, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »
Already given up on the new COD. Finally accepted that myself and the franchise are incompatible.

Went back to my gaming roots and bought Battlefield 1. Have some great memories playing Bad Company 2.

Do we have a RAWK clan out there?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Just got the premium pass for £11.99 on PS4, a fair few more hours may get pumped into this.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just got the premium pass for £11.99 on PS4, a fair few more hours may get pumped into this.

Think I might take the plunge as well.. I did enjoy the base game. 

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
I got this too for the xb1. So that covers Turning Tides (2nd half still to come) and the last expansion I believe.

I've been caning this game for three weeks, reached 130 and 50 for 3 of the main classes.

Fave loadouts:

Assault - Hellreigel/anti-tank/mines/gas/spiked club
Medic- Federov/crate/rifle nade/gas/spike
Support- Perino/crate/morts or airburst/gas/ spike
Recon- SMLE Carbine/flare gun/tripwire/gas/cossack knife

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris

Fancy creating a RAWK clan?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
Would love to join yee but the lag from Australia is unbearable. Amazing game but hardly anyone is playing here, takes age to get a game and it's almost exclusively conquest. There's whole game modes I've been unable to play because the player base is so low.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
Re: Battlefield 1 (PC/PS4/XB1) - Out Now on EA Access - 21st October Full Release
« Reply #452 on: February 22, 2018, 02:23:49 pm »

The last two expansions are a bit underwhelming IMHO.

Gallipoli is ok, because those maps are at least included in Operations which is the mode I most often play.

At the moment the other Turning Tides (North Sea: Heliogoland and Zeebrugge) and Apocalypse (Paschendale, Somme River etc) are not available for Operations and seem most suited for Conquest (which I find dull). Don`t get me wrong, the maps look beautiful, and the new weapons/vehicles are welcome, but I feel I`m not really getting value for money if the maps are not available in operations. I haven`t checked if they are available on Frontlines yet, but on XB1 their isn't much of a player base for that.

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Finally got around to getting the premium pass, some of those new maps are brilliant.

I genuinely think this is one of the best games ever made,  it's sumptuous.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
New maps are superb, the only FPS DLC I’ve bought that’s actually felt worth it. The Russian maps are some of my favourite maps ever in an online FPS, and the new French maps are also really good.