12 (10.8%)
Modern Warfare
14 (12.6%)
Near Future
1 (0.9%)
Futuristic
2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: Battlefield 1 (PC/PS4/XB1) - Out Now on EA Access - 21st October Full Release  (Read 41063 times)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Fucking airships  :butt
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
A beautifully presented game from start to finish. Incredible.

Multiplayer is ridiculously tough but in a brilliant way. Trench gamplay with gas going off and the sound of people charging in your headset is shit scary. Could do with speeding up loading in between menus but I'm guessing that's down to the sheer size and detail of the maps. Not sure flying over a French town in a bomber will ever get boring. Even if I do crash 70% of the time.
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh man - I wasn't going to bother with this - but having read about it, I'm gonna have to cave!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.

What kind of spec do you guys have on your g-cards to run this well?

My processor is a  quad-core, 8gb ram, but the graphics card on has 1000Mhz Engine Clock and 2Gb Memory (it`s AMD Radeon 7770). It runs BF4 like a dream, but cuts out almost immediately on BF1. Had a brief look at upgrading to a card I thought would suit and saw price of around £200 for one. I`d get an xbox one instead if I didn't have so many steam games!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
Don't really use the bayonet charge much .... if you unequip it do you get any benefits ?

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Can anyone help? I'm thinking about buying this for PC but I'm not sure if my Lenovo Y580 can handle this.

i5 -3210M @ 2.50 GHz
GTX660M
8GB DDR
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Using a i7 4790 3,6GHz CPU, Geforce GTX 970 and have 16 GB Ram. Graphics were set to "high" (second highest beyond "Ultra) by the game and the Directx12-option was turned off. Ran completely smooth with 60FPS throughout. Don't know what the Directx12-thing changes and how that would affect performance. The game still looks absolutely smashing on the settings the game gave me.

Offline Aussie_Red1980

• Kemlynite
Using a i7 4790 3,6GHz CPU, Geforce GTX 970 and have 16 GB Ram. Graphics were set to "high" (second highest beyond "Ultra) by the game and the Directx12-option was turned off. Ran completely smooth with 60FPS throughout. Don't know what the Directx12-thing changes and how that would affect performance. The game still looks absolutely smashing on the settings the game gave me.

Any chance of a screen shot?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can anyone help? I'm thinking about buying this for PC but I'm not sure if my Lenovo Y580 can handle this.

i5 -3210M @ 2.50 GHz
GTX660M
8GB DDR

I'd say no based off the minimum specs. 

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:45:01 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Getting this in the next week or so.  Can you multiplayer the campaign mode?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Any chance of a screen shot?

I took some screen-shots at different settings. The game looks awesome, even on low:

http://www.lipsgaming.com/files/1_low.png
http://www.lipsgaming.com/files/2_med.png
http://www.lipsgaming.com/files/3_high.png
http://www.lipsgaming.com/files/4_ultra.png

Might be best off downloading all of them and switching between them with Windows Photo Viewer, for a clearer understanding of the differences.

i5 -3210M @ 2.50 GHz
GTX660M
8GB DDR

Not going to happen mate :(

Best off going PS4/PS4 Pro or spending about £800 on a PC.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:22:45 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I took some screen-shots at different settings. The game looks awesome, even on low:

http://www.lipsgaming.com/files/1_low.png
http://www.lipsgaming.com/files/2_med.png
http://www.lipsgaming.com/files/3_high.png
http://www.lipsgaming.com/files/4_ultra.png

Might be best off downloading all of them and switching between them with Windows Photo Viewer, for a clearer understanding of the differences.

Not going to happen mate :(

Best off going PS4/PS4 Pro or spending about £800 on a PC.

What are you running BF1 on?

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
What are you running BF1 on?

My specs:
Intel i5 4690k overclocked to 4.4GHz
8GB RAM
AMD R9 Fury 4GB (unlocked to Fury X)
Windows 10
2560x1440 144hz screen, so 50% more resolution compared to 1080p

I can run the game on ultra at 60FPS but use a mix of everything so I can push 90.

My friend is running the game on a pretty old system:
Intel i7 3770 3.5GHz (no overclock)
8GB RAM
AMD 7950 3GB
Windows 10
1920x1080 144hz screen

He can push towards 100FPS on low and is able to push to medium and high and still get over 60FPS (1080p)

Hope that gives you some gauge.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:23:33 pm by Kashinoda »

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah Thanks.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
I'll add the game does make use of hyper-threading unlike many other titles, so older i7s should hold up well.

If you're aprehensive about if you're system will run it I have two suggestions:

1. Buy a months worth of Origin Access and play the trial (£3.99?)
2. Buy the game on Origin for whatever stupid price they charge, if it runs fine get the game refunded and buy it from CDKeys for like £35-6 - or if it runs like garbage refund it.

Getting this in the next week or so.  Can you multiplayer the campaign mode?

No it's very story focused unlike something like BF3 where you could both just tackle a mission.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:28:23 pm by Kashinoda »

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'll add the game does make use of hyper-threading unlike many other titles, so older i7s should hold up well.

If you're aprehensive about if you're system will run it I have two suggestions:

1. Buy a months worth of Origin Access and play the trial (£3.99?)
2. Buy the game on Origin for whatever stupid price they charge, if it runs fine get the game refunded and buy it from CDKeys for like £35-6 - or if it runs like garbage refund it.

No it's very story focused unlike something like BF3 where you could both just tackle a mission.

I was thinking about origin access yeah. Might do that. Already have EA Access on xbox.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
I was thinking about origin access yeah. Might do that. Already have EA Access on xbox.

Shame you have to buy it separately.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Some great attention to detail in this, when you step out of a tunnel into sunlight you get glare while your eyes readjust.

Cool
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The sniping in this is so rewarding. On cod, the other side of the map, aim on head, fire, kill. BF tracking the enemy and letting the shot go ahead of the enemy and getting the kill looks awesome. I've had a few belter wish I could've recorded them. Can you do that on PS4?
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, it records the last 15 mins of play. Use the share button on the controller and you can save screenshot or gameplay recording

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The sniping in this is so rewarding. On cod, the other side of the map, aim on head, fire, kill. BF tracking the enemy and letting the shot go ahead of the enemy and getting the kill looks awesome. I've had a few belter wish I could've recorded them. Can you do that on PS4?

Yeah just press the share button and square to save clip. Then you can trim whatever part of the video using sharefactory.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers! Gutted I've missed a few awesome headshots
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Yesterday was rear gunner on a bomber and we were getting attacked by a fighter, started laying into him by firing in front of his flying angle, that is cool in itself that it takes movement well into effect, then realized shooting the wings first damages the canvas and they can't fly as well and are easier to shoot or end up crashing.

The game is so great!

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quality game, just played the multiplayer so far but love most of the maps I've played. It's tough to master but I'm slowly getting better the more I play it.

Offline Maverick84

• Main Stander
upgraded a couple of things on the PC to take me up to about where I wanted it to be

i5 6600k w/ an aftermarket heatsink
16gb Ripjaws DDR4 (2 x 8gb)
GTX 1060 6gb
450gb SSD
Windows 10 64-bit

this game runs on Ultra never dipping below 75 fps and looks absolutely stunning

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
upgraded a couple of things on the PC to take me up to about where I wanted it to be

i5 6600k w/ an aftermarket heatsink
16gb Ripjaws DDR4 (2 x 8gb)
GTX 1060 6gb
450gb SSD
Windows 10 64-bit

this game runs on Ultra never dipping below 75 fps and looks absolutely stunning

You feeling the benefits  of  the  extra RAM?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
You feeling the benefits  of  the  extra RAM?

Although DICE recommend 16GB the game actually runs fine at 4GB without bottlenecks, though in some setups it could possibly be beneficial.

It's an incredibly well optimized game, though if you have any issues on PC I made this thread on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/57nh6y/bf1_performance_tips_for_pc_potentially_huge_fps/

I had a couple of friends with FPS issues, they just fully wiped their drivers using DDU and installed them again to fix. Everything is detailed in the link above.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Quality game, just played the multiplayer so far but love most of the maps I've played. It's tough to master but I'm slowly getting better the more I play it.

I suck balls at this game. Need to practice more. Trouble with me is I don't have much patience.

Offline PresuminEd74

• Kemlynite
I suck balls at this game. Need to practice more. Trouble with me is I don't have much patience.

There is so much going on it's easy to die every couple of minutes. I've had quite a bit of joy with the scout class though, learning the maps goes a hell of a long way to staying alive and having a good idea where the enemy will be coming from.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
Unlocked the Martini and Kolibri combo for the Scout last night.

Fucking amazing combo

Offline PresuminEd74

• Kemlynite
Unlocked the Martini and Kolibri combo for the Scout last night.

Fucking amazing combo

What level do they unlock?

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"

Offline PresuminEd74

• Kemlynite
Both level 10

Sound, level 10 is imminent

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking hell level 10?! I've played a fair few hours I'm only level 2, I'll be waiting a while for those two then!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone else find the medals really challenging? I know they should be challenging, but I'm finding myself constantly picking the play/win 2 rounds one as it's the easiest of the lot!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Picked this up last night and played about an hour of the campaign, still not entirely sure wtf is going on most of the time.  Are you limited to two guns and two items or does that limit go up?  Asking because I lost the wrench when I needed to fix the damn tank.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Moved into my new flat yesterday and have to wait until the 11th for Internet before I can download this, the wait is killing me.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Good game, but it just hasn't got its hooks in to me like a new Battlefield usually does, some of the maps are very poor, especially Suez which is woeful, as is Fao Fortress, have only played Conquest or Operations, is Rush worth playing this time around?, or has it further declined from BF4?

Offline PresuminEd74

• Kemlynite
Fucking hell level 10?! I've played a fair few hours I'm only level 2, I'll be waiting a while for those two then!

What class are you using? I've played 3-4hrs tops with the sniper/scout on Campaign/Operations.

Anyone else find the medals really challenging? I know they should be challenging, but I'm finding myself constantly picking the play/win 2 rounds one as it's the easiest of the lot!

I've not come close to bagging any medals, far too hard at the moment to achieve any of them.

Offline PresuminEd74

• Kemlynite
Picked this up last night and played about an hour of the campaign, still not entirely sure wtf is going on most of the time.  Are you limited to two guns and two items or does that limit go up?  Asking because I lost the wrench when I needed to fix the damn tank.

I'm not sure, I've not really touched any of the campaign side so far. I rarely do with games that have multiplayer.