Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 607338 times)

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)
« Reply #6240 on: May 5, 2024, 08:47:04 pm »
https://x.com/datamb_/status/1787174513630642486?s=61&t=BIZyp_aEAMjlwKFo_R2zug

Basically as good as a season as Wirtz. What a talent

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6241 on: May 5, 2024, 08:49:17 pm »
https://x.com/datamb_/status/1787174513630642486?s=61&t=BIZyp_aEAMjlwKFo_R2zug

Basically as good as a season as Wirtz. What a talent

Wirtz has 11 league goals so I’m not sure that’s quite true but I like the positivity!

Online WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #6242 on: May 5, 2024, 09:34:55 pm »
What a beautiful goal! Some don’t think he’s good enough but I hope we keep him for years! Great touch and creativity today! Always tries to make good things happen on the pitch. On top of that, he clearly loves the Club and the fans. Like having a fan playing for us on the pitch! Looking forward to seeing him next season, think he will be a key man!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6243 on: May 5, 2024, 09:36:07 pm »
What a beautiful goal! Some don’t think he’s good enough but I hope we keep him for years! Great touch and creativity today! Always tries to make good things happen on the pitch. On top of that, he clearly loves the Club and the fans. Like having a fan playing for us on the pitch! Looking forward to seeing him next season, think he will be a key man!
That's what he is :D

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #6244 on: May 5, 2024, 09:38:11 pm »

And he is only 21!

Online WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #6245 on: May 5, 2024, 09:44:04 pm »
And he is only 21!

What’s not to like and support, right??

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #6246 on: May 5, 2024, 09:45:08 pm »
His improvement in front of the goal is very clear.

Initially at occasions he'd look a bit unconvincing and weak in front of the goal...it's clear he worked a lot on his shooting and just looks a lot more convincing and confident. Next step is getting closer to the goal and taking more shots in the box. I expect him to be a much better player over the next few years. Kind of player that makes a difference on the pitch.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6247 on: May 6, 2024, 01:22:50 am »
That was a Pearler.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6248 on: May 6, 2024, 01:28:40 am »
Can't help but love the lad. Always gives 100%, never shies away from anything or anyone and always wants to be on the ball to impact the game. Long may his progress continue.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6249 on: May 6, 2024, 01:36:14 am »
Reckon he will benefit from Slot the most.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #6250 on: May 6, 2024, 01:55:33 am »
Reckon he will benefit from Slot the most.

I think so, listening to the podcasts and watching some videos on his tactics he sets up his midfield at times in a way that Elliott is exactly the type of player to fit that role. It’s a runners role and Harvey has tons of it in him. I think we have a real talent in him that we will see the best of in the next 6-7 years. Lads that age can go off the rails as we’ve seen at other (Utd) clubs, but Harvey is a solid lad for his age, he’s humble in his interviews from what I’ve seen. He came back from a bad injury stronger than ever and it didn’t knock him. Depending on how things go I see a potential future captain there. I’ve never seen him not give 100% on a pitch, even this last few weeks he’s showed up everytime when others were like ghosts of themselves.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #6251 on: May 6, 2024, 02:29:09 pm »
Lad is just getting better and better, looking forward to seeing the player he becomes by the time hes 24/25, his attitude is such, that you feel he is just gonna keep going up levels.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #6252 on: May 6, 2024, 02:55:55 pm »
He makes things happen.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #6253 on: May 6, 2024, 03:03:53 pm »
Playing with real verve.. obviously looking forward to working with his arle fella...Dirk Kuyt....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #6254 on: May 7, 2024, 01:08:51 am »
He should have kept his place after what he gave us during that injury ravaged period. He isn't the finished article but already so so good. You can never fault his workrate on the pitch and his technique is absolutely mint. The only thing he needs from here is experience to broaden his ideas and his confidence to do the incredible more often. He isnt the largest physically and never will be, but he makes up for it with his creativity and effort. I hope Arne gives him a fair crack as well because I genuinely think he'd be a mainstay for this team, especially if we choose to play a different formation allowing him more advanced positions.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6255 on: May 7, 2024, 05:08:35 am »
Hope he works on his right foot in the preseason, a lot of chances end up fallling on that side for him and that’s the only area where you can see a lack of confidence and assuredness with.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #6256 on: May 7, 2024, 10:32:13 am »
Lad is just getting better and better, looking forward to seeing the player he becomes by the time hes 24/25, his attitude is such, that you feel he is just gonna keep going up levels.

Odegaard is a good example for him to follow. Looking at their career stats, it seems to be progressing similarly. If he was a bit faster, he would be next to unplayable. I know the likes of Foden and Trent have previously used a coach to improve their speed. Wonder if that’s something Harvey could do with

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6257 on: May 7, 2024, 12:04:08 pm »
Hope he works on his right foot in the preseason, a lot of chances end up fallling on that side for him and that’s the only area where you can see a lack of confidence and assuredness with.

Why is one-footedness only ever a criticism for left footed players?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6258 on: May 7, 2024, 12:11:18 pm »

Its bizarre isn't it?  I'm a leftie, and in my experience most righties were shite on their left  ;D

But it was never highlighted as much by most.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6259 on: May 7, 2024, 12:11:55 pm »
love the way he pucks the ball out of the air so consistently, he's got a great touch, he's a good player, and he'll get better.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6260 on: May 7, 2024, 03:42:55 pm »

What if he develops a third foot?

Does he have to change his name to Harvey N'Elliot?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6261 on: May 7, 2024, 04:16:47 pm »
I think it's for the same reason that a left footed player that can strike a ball competently is over-praised for doing so ("a wand of a left foot").  Most people watching a match will subconsciously put themselves in the position of the player they're watching and picture what they'd do in that situation.  As the majority of people are right-footed then a good left-footed strike is more impressive while a miscued right-footed strike is more shocking.

It still surprises me though that so many players get to the level of professional footballer - let alone those that make it to the elite levels - and are still noticeably weaker on one foot.  In that decisive moment it makes sense that you'd go to your preferred foot but a lot of top players can't even do the basics with their weaker foot.  Are they not allowed to spend a bit of their spare time kicking a ball around with their weaker foot?!

Anyway, I'm pleased that Harvey is getting some credit.  Hopefully Slot takes to him and finds him a consistent role within the team.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6262 on: May 7, 2024, 04:59:18 pm »
I think that it’s a. not really true that players can’t do the ‘basics’ with their wrong foot. b. it’s the case that you can actually accomplish most things you need to even at the highest level heavily favouring one foot and c. it’s very hard to improve your weaker foot towards the level of your stronger foot for most players so they end up favouring their strongest even if they’re working on their weaker foot. Obviously there are outliers with this.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6263 on: May 7, 2024, 05:36:10 pm »

Wasn’t criticism on my part and it’s not because he’s left footed but he genuinely fluffs a lot of great opportunities because he appears quite uncomfortable when they come his way. I think everyone should work to be as two footed as possible, it’s a massive advantage.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6264 on: May 7, 2024, 06:41:32 pm »
Wasn’t criticism on my part and it’s not because he’s left footed but he genuinely fluffs a lot of great opportunities because he appears quite uncomfortable when they come his way. I think everyone should work to be as two footed as possible, it’s a massive advantage.
I'd say Trent is close to equally strong on either foot.  best in our squad, and has been getting stronger each of the past 2-3 seasons.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6265 on: May 7, 2024, 06:44:20 pm »
Its bizarre isn't it?  I'm a leftie, and in my experience most righties were shite on their left  ;D

ha you should come play for my Sunday league team. im decades older than most of them and therefore take it as my birthright to loudly shout advice at any given situation, and i swear most of what i say boils down to "Use your left foot damn it" . I utterly harp on it because its a huge advantage to be at least semi two footed at that low level of football.

that said the shootings the last and hardest thing, even my left foot shot is pretty crap and ive worked on it for years and have a pretty decent right foot if i say so myself. however for passing and defensive clearances purposes the oppo simply doesn't expect the wrong foot. its a free yard at our level. Candy from a baby. so i spend all season every year harping on whoever doesn't use the left, which is all of them.

so you are right. Most righty's are utter crap on the left. Even in the pros there are a lot of one footers which since it gives you an advantage or at that level not having the ability is a disadvantage, its hard to understand.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6266 on: May 7, 2024, 06:48:35 pm »
there's a reason why Trent and Robbo trade positions when we're defending a corner.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6267 on: May 7, 2024, 08:12:30 pm »
there's a reason why Trent and Robbo trade positions when we're defending a corner.

well?? don't keep us waiting, Sam! Spill it.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6268 on: May 7, 2024, 10:49:17 pm »
well?? don't keep us waiting, Sam! Spill it.
sorry, it'd give you a headache amigo.  it's deep-dive football analytics of the highest order, understood by very few.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #6269 on: May 8, 2024, 04:12:18 am »
I'd say Trent is close to equally strong on either foot.  best in our squad, and has been getting stronger each of the past 2-3 seasons.

Jota is the most two-footed player in the squad for me. Must be a nightmare to defend against.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #6270 on: May 8, 2024, 08:29:50 am »
Jota is the most two-footed player in the squad for me. Must be a nightmare to defend against.

Not Trent?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6271 on: May 8, 2024, 08:33:18 am »

True.

But was a rightie ever described as having a ‘wand of a foot’?

Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6272 on: May 8, 2024, 06:16:51 pm »
Jota is second in that imo, and best among all our attackers.

but I've never seen him blast an inch-perfect 50-yard pass, with either foot.  Trent does it so often nobody pays the slightest attention any more.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6273 on: May 8, 2024, 06:35:58 pm »
Jota is second in that imo, and best among all our attackers.

but I've never seen him blast an inch-perfect 5-yard pass, with either foot.  Trent does it so often nobody pays the slightest attention any more.

Corrected for you :D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6274 on: May 8, 2024, 10:52:11 pm »

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6275 on: May 10, 2024, 04:16:45 pm »
On the form of Harvey Elliot and Cody Gakpo: "If I regret one thing a little bit it's how I didn't play [Elliot] often enough really. An important intensity period - January a lot of injuries. Everybody came back, he had minutes then he didn't. It's really nice that he could show that [in his goal and assist against Tottenham]. He [Gakpo, who also weighed in with a goal and an assist against Spurs] knows that he wasn't in his best moment for a while. We had a conversation. It helped him a lot."
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season