Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1061333 times)

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #19120 on: January 11, 2024, 11:29:04 am »
Cheers bud I thought so 👍

His annual entitlement is 64hrs so no idea why hubby's been told he can put 3 days in for a week off but maybe he's just got mixed up.
64 hours seems exceptionally low unless he has started part way through the year. The statutory entitlement for 16 hours, over 2 days, would be 89.6 hours - that can include public holidays though, so maybe they have been netted off?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 11:30:35 am by Wigwamdelbert »
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19121 on: January 11, 2024, 11:31:16 am »
64 hours seems exceptionally low unless he has started part way through the year. The statutory entitlement for 16 hours, over 2 days, would be 89.6 hours.

He started end of August last year and presumably the holiday year runs from April to April which sounds about right.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19122 on: January 15, 2024, 11:44:14 am »
We're looking at getting a cleaner in to actually clean the house properly once a month instead of the half-arsed job that we do.

What's the etiquette with this sort of thing, should I put a lock on the cupboard full of dildos, should someone be home the whole time the cleaner is there, will we be expected to provide cleaning materials?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #19123 on: January 15, 2024, 11:50:25 am »
We have a cleaner come every month for a deep clean. We are usually home when she is there, and we provide the cleaning materials. We usually clean up a bit before like put clothes away, and stuff like that so she doesn’t have to move a lot of things to get to the cleaning bit.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19124 on: January 15, 2024, 11:52:55 am »
We have a cleaner come every month for a deep clean. We are usually home when she is there, and we provide the cleaning materials. We usually clean up a bit before like put clothes away, and stuff like that so she doesn’t have to move a lot of things to get to the cleaning bit.

Super, thanks.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19125 on: January 15, 2024, 01:53:31 pm »
We're looking at getting a cleaner in to actually clean the house properly once a month instead of the half-arsed job that we do.

What's the etiquette with this sort of thing, should I put a lock on the cupboard full of dildos, should someone be home the whole time the cleaner is there, will we be expected to provide cleaning materials?

Ours initially had reservations about whether being naked was strictly necessary. But once I told who I was just more comfortable this way then he relented.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19126 on: January 15, 2024, 02:09:44 pm »

My missus cleans a house twice a month, the owner provides the cleaning stuff, missus has keys to the house and knows the alarm code. She prefers it when no-one is home as she can just get on with the work, rather than being annoyed by people getting in the way
Jurgen YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19127 on: January 15, 2024, 02:40:54 pm »
Ours initially had reservations about whether being naked was strictly necessary. But once I told who I was just more comfortable this way then he relented.

Pretty sure I've seen you on Eurotrash.

My missus cleans a house twice a month, the owner provides the cleaning stuff, missus has keys to the house and knows the alarm code. She prefers it when no-one is home as she can just get on with the work, rather than being annoyed by people getting in the way

That's fair enough.  I work from home, so I'm nearly always around, but once we get to know the cleaner I think we'll be more comfortable leaving them to get on with it if we need to pop out.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19128 on: January 18, 2024, 02:20:59 pm »
I'm looking at getting a set of Turkey teeth and the sugery over there are asking for a dental xray to be supplied in advance however no one seems to want to do this xray without a referral. How do people usually get passed this issue?
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19129 on: January 18, 2024, 05:19:25 pm »
I'm looking at getting a set of Turkey teeth and the sugery over there are asking for a dental xray to be supplied in advance however no one seems to want to do this xray without a referral. How do people usually get passed this issue?
By not going, I would imagine. Too many horror stories.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19130 on: January 18, 2024, 05:39:47 pm »
By not going, I would imagine. Too many horror stories.

Paul Smith loves his Turkey teeth ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19131 on: January 22, 2024, 09:56:49 am »
There's a car parked on the road outside my house where I usually park and it's been there for at least a month now without moving.  Doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it.

How long is a reasonable amount of time to wait before reporting it to the council?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19132 on: January 22, 2024, 10:09:03 am »
There's a car parked on the road outside my house where I usually park and it's been there for at least a month now without moving.  Doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it.

How long is a reasonable amount of time to wait before reporting it to the council?

4 weeks, so you can do it today
Jurgen YNWA

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19133 on: January 22, 2024, 10:09:40 am »

I'd do it now mate, it could take them another month before anyone picks up the report to actually do anything.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #19134 on: January 22, 2024, 10:15:50 am »

Set it on fire, that'll get the council out to it pretty sharp-ish.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19135 on: January 22, 2024, 10:19:11 am »

Take the rego plates off it and report it as being abandoned.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19136 on: January 22, 2024, 10:25:42 am »
Thanks, gang.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19137 on: January 22, 2024, 10:36:38 am »
What car is it? Is it worth keeping? ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19138 on: January 22, 2024, 10:58:54 am »

2011 Diesel Qashqai.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #19139 on: January 22, 2024, 11:07:45 am »
2011 Diesel Qashqai.

Don't worry, Motability will come looking for it soon.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #19140 on: January 22, 2024, 11:18:19 am »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19141 on: January 22, 2024, 11:19:15 am »

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19142 on: January 22, 2024, 11:20:17 am »
Have you done the Gov check to see if its MOT'd/taxed etc? Might speed up the process if it has neither/either of these??

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19143 on: January 22, 2024, 11:22:25 am »
Have you done the Gov check to see if its MOT'd/taxed etc? Might speed up the process if it has neither/either of these??

Yeah had a look, taxed till April 1st, MOT is up at the end of Feb.  It doesn't look like it's in bad nick, bit messy inside but that's it.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19144 on: January 22, 2024, 01:47:40 pm »
might be except for the dead body in the back.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19145 on: January 22, 2024, 10:18:10 pm »
When a train operator announce strikes, is there a general rule on when you get to find out what trains are running  and which are not  and is there an increased chance of on the day cancellations ?

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19146 on: January 23, 2024, 08:31:28 am »
When a train operator announce strikes, is there a general rule on when you get to find out what trains are running  and which are not  and is there an increased chance of on the day cancellations ?

Most tend to cancel a lot of the services in advance and they will publish a restricted timetable, not sure when, I think it's during the week. There's an overtime ban, so if a driver rings in sick they will likely cancel services on the day too.

Avanti I've experienced won't sell any tickets until very close to the day, like Thurs or Friday.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19147 on: January 23, 2024, 08:52:11 am »

No, there is no general rule, and yes, I'd expect other sudden cancellations too.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19148 on: January 23, 2024, 09:05:32 am »
Most tend to cancel a lot of the services in advance and they will publish a restricted timetable, not sure when, I think it's during the week. There's an overtime ban, so if a driver rings in sick they will likely cancel services on the day too.

Avanti I've experienced won't sell any tickets until very close to the day, like Thurs or Friday.

Its Trans pennine/Northern  Preston to Lime Street for the Chelsea game on 31st. Was suppopsed to be my birthday drinks.

Given late Kick off there is only one train they can get back home.  Its going to be too risky.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19149 on: January 23, 2024, 09:23:24 am »
Its Trans pennine/Northern  Preston to Lime Street for the Chelsea game on 31st. Was suppopsed to be my birthday drinks.

Given late Kick off there is only one train they can get back home.  Its going to be too risky.

Ah thats shit that - there's no coaches or buses available either for some strange reason
Jurgen YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19150 on: January 23, 2024, 09:00:01 pm »
Noticed loads of cracks on the top/bottom of internal coving all around the house recently, can't seem to see a pattern. Just the cold dry weather with the heating on in the house causing it?

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #19151 on: January 24, 2024, 04:20:29 pm »
Noticed loads of cracks on the top/bottom of internal coving all around the house recently, can't seem to see a pattern. Just the cold dry weather with the heating on in the house causing it?
If its a fairly new house this is to be expected as its settlement and drying out .

If its an older property not sure what could be causing it
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19152 on: January 25, 2024, 11:46:15 am »
Any idea which supermarkets stock BBQ charcoal all year round?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19153 on: January 25, 2024, 11:58:03 am »
If its a fairly new house this is to be expected as its settlement and drying out .

If its an older property not sure what could be causing it

20 years. I'm going to keep a log of them, but we have had the heating on more due to a newborn and it's been very cold recently, so probably temp changes.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19154 on: January 25, 2024, 07:25:31 pm »

Do you mean cracks like the coving is coming away from the wall,caulking ? Or actual cracks in the plaster?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19155 on: January 26, 2024, 02:13:03 pm »

Do you mean cracks like the coving is coming away from the wall,caulking ? Or actual cracks in the plaster?

Like the coving is coming away and needs recaulking, but there are some in the plaster like under the first floor landing. Top floor where the horizontal ceiling meets the sloping roof and curves into the slope I filled it last year, but the crack is appearing again. Need to stick my head into the loft to have a look but it might be full of spiders.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #19156 on: January 29, 2024, 04:01:16 pm »

There's a guy outside with the bonnet up right now, tried to jump it with his van and didn't look like he had any luck.  Now he's alternating between trying to physically push it and (I think) pumping one of the pedals.  He's having a bit of a mare and I'm curtain twitching like a motherfucker right now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19157 on: January 29, 2024, 04:19:46 pm »
There's a guy outside with the bonnet up right now, tried to jump it with his van and didn't look like he had any luck.  Now he's alternating between trying to physically push it and (I think) pumping one of the pedals.  He's having a bit of a mare and I'm curtain twitching like a motherfucker right now.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

This is the kind of material I require during a week where we've learnt that the manager is leaving...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19158 on: February 3, 2024, 10:10:09 am »
Why has car insurance gone up so much? Even shopping around the rates seem to have jumped massively.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19159 on: February 3, 2024, 10:32:51 am »
Why has car insurance gone up so much? Even shopping around the rates seem to have jumped massively.

It's disgusting.

As mentioned in the car insurance thread, I can't get a quote under £5k for my lad for any car.
He failed his test the other day, so at least we can kick the can down the road a bit, but I doubt things are going to change come April when he does it again.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT