Author Topic: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia  (Read 170754 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia
« Reply #2240 on: March 8, 2024, 12:28:17 pm »
I've got zero control of who owns NUFC and no I'm not involved.

We got rid of Hicks and Gillett, you've more power than you think, or care to admit more likely, as it provides you with an easy cop out.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2241 on: March 8, 2024, 12:29:53 pm »
You are involved in condoning the Saudi’s human rights record by continuing to support their football club.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #2242 on: March 8, 2024, 12:39:07 pm »

:D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2243 on: March 8, 2024, 12:42:03 pm »

so just your typical bone idle, passive premier league fan then. Sad really, when you see what fanbases can achieve for their clubs and / or leagues as they do in Germany as one example, and as has been pointed out to you - as LFC fans did here.

Shame you and many other thousands are too lazy to do anything for your ‘beloved’ club, because no one should be happy about having such utter scum as owners surely. I just can’t get my head around how someone can claim to love their club but then be absolutely fine with having them owned by the worst of the worst, to be used as a means to sportswash.

You have been sportswashed Paul. Shame on you.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2244 on: March 8, 2024, 12:50:45 pm »
"I have no control over who runs Nazi Germany, and although I'm in the Gestapo, I'm not involved."
 :duh
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 12:52:19 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2245 on: March 8, 2024, 12:53:45 pm »
so just your typical bone idle, passive premier league fan then. Sad really, when you see what fanbases can achieve for their clubs and / or leagues as they do in Germany as one example, and as has been pointed out to you - as LFC fans did here.

Shame you and many other thousands are too lazy to do anything for your ‘beloved’ club, because no one should be happy about having such utter scum as owners surely. I just can’t get my head around how someone can claim to love their club but then be absolutely fine with having them owned by the worst of the worst, to be used as a means to sportswash.

I'm not sure this is really fair.

Paully isn't lazy or bone-idle. He just thinks his club has some god given right to 'success' because they previously had Mike Ashley in charge, and so wilfully just ignores the journalist murdering, human rights abusing despots who are using his club for washing their filthy image in the hope that he can say 'Yay we won the League Cup, it was all worth it' at some point. Thats not lazy, its a lot worse.

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2246 on: March 8, 2024, 12:58:48 pm »

Paully isn't lazy or bone-idle. He just thinks his club has some god given right to 'success' because they previously had Mike Ashley in charge, and so wilfully just ignores the journalist murdering, human rights abusing despots who are using his club for washing their filthy image in the hope that he can say 'Yay we won the League Cup, it was all worth it' at some point. Thats not lazy, its a lot worse.

Do I really? You're reading the wrong mind here I'm afraid.

I'm not called Paul.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #2247 on: March 8, 2024, 01:14:04 pm »
"I have no control over who runs Nazi Germany, and although I'm in the Gestapo, I'm not involved."
 :duh
I hate to defend a willfully ignorant sportswashed fan but that feels a bit of a false equivalency!

This situation is the Newcastle/Man City argument in a nutshell. We can make all the arguments about human rights that we want, but the average football fan doesn't care about it. He cares about getting in to work at time, making it to the pub on Friday night and whether his football team wins on Saturday, not the bombing of Yemen.

And thus it falls in deaf ears, so quite simply I will echo what I said yesterday. Everything those two clubs achieve is hollow. It's a farce. A complete sham.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2248 on: March 8, 2024, 01:16:39 pm »
Genuine question. Why do you stick with them?

You know your club has been hijacked for political ends. You know the fans are being used as useful idiots. What keeps you in there and not fighting to regain your club back from these monsters? If your club means so much to you, why aren't you all screaming from the rooftops to get it back?

My guess is money and the promise of eventually acquiring trophies. I mean what else can it be? Thing is, if they were just murdering, human being abusing scumbags who were skint or tight, rather than murdering, human being abusing scumbags who are mega rich, I reckon you'd all be out on the streets and boycotting. I reckon you'd be looking to hound them out like you tried with Ashley.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2249 on: March 8, 2024, 01:28:30 pm »
I hate to defend a willfully ignorant sportswashed fan but that feels a bit of a false equivalency!

This situation is the Newcastle/Man City argument in a nutshell. We can make all the arguments about human rights that we want, but the average football fan doesn't care about it. He cares about getting in to work at time, making it to the pub on Friday night and whether his football team wins on Saturday, not the bombing of Yemen.

And thus it falls in deaf ears, so quite simply I will echo what I said yesterday. Everything those two clubs achieve is hollow. It's a farce. A complete sham.
Not really. Yes, an overblown scenario painted by myself there, but still apt for me.

He's basically saying he has no control over who he is backing with his continuing support. He either supports his owners or he doesn't. If he doesn't, he can stand up for the club they hijacked and join the few who actually are speaking out and trying to get their club back. If he does, fair enough, but own it for goodness sake.

He's basically saying he doesn't support the sportswash, but then goes on to do its bidding with his continued support, then says "nothing to do with me, guv."

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #2250 on: March 8, 2024, 01:35:44 pm »
Not really. Yes, an overblown scenario painted by myself there, but still apt for me.

He's basically saying he has no control over who he is backing with his continuing support. He either supports his owners or he doesn't. If he doesn't, he can stand up for the club they hijacked and join the few who actually are speaking out and trying to get their club back. If he does, fair enough, but own it for goodness sake.

He's basically saying he doesn't support the sportswash, but then goes on to do its bidding with his continued support, then says "nothing to do with me, guv."
I completely agree with you. I guess I'm just a very pragmatic person, if I see an argument falling on deaf ears I will try and find another way to get at them.

I'll leave it there, I just thought that point was worth making.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2251 on: March 8, 2024, 02:09:04 pm »

when it comes to football, he’s definately lazy and idle.  I would say most fans are though. They don’t care about the actual club and it’s history, or who owns it, or the culture around it. They will pretend they do of course when it suits. Clubs in this and many other leagues have been dragged away from their fans for decades, the price of money and (some) success I suppose. The longer it goes on the more diluted ‘support’ gets.  To the point where it’s too late.

No excuses for so many Newcastle fans though, as it wasn’t a case of just been indifferent about this, they openly and gleefully applauded this disgusting regime buying the club. And for that they deserve all the shit they get, and constant reminders that nothing they may win in the future holds any worth.

It’ll eat them alive as it does Abu Dhabi fans that no one will have an ounce of respect for any ‘achievements’.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2252 on: March 8, 2024, 02:13:00 pm »

What other reason is there? If you're not ignoring (and by extension, welcoming) journalist murdering, sportswashing, human rights abusing despots using your club because you think you might get a trophy out of it, then what other reason could there be?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2253 on: March 8, 2024, 02:40:07 pm »

Know him personally do you ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2254 on: March 8, 2024, 02:53:24 pm »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2255 on: March 8, 2024, 02:56:50 pm »
Paully was probably one of those knobgoblin's stood outside their stadium with a teatowel around his head when the deal went through.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2256 on: March 11, 2024, 09:45:46 pm »
Dr Death  :D

https://twitter.com/joelixton/status/1767290931164729652

I know our injury record is shocking but they've managed the season appallingly in terms of player load and the medical side (over 4 comps). They always seem to be muscle or non-contact injuries as well. (And yes that clip is normal physio tests).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2257 on: March 11, 2024, 11:44:55 pm »
Eddie has been asked to nip into the Saudi Embassy whilst he is in London for a quick chat
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2258 on: March 12, 2024, 12:19:21 am »
Eddie has been asked to nip into the Saudi Embassy whilst he is in London for a quick chat

He trying to get his head around that request?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2259 on: March 12, 2024, 01:02:30 am »

They told him not to bother wearing a tie.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2260 on: March 12, 2024, 01:30:01 am »
Hard not to bury your head in the sand since Newcastle  United became Sandcastle United

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2261 on: March 12, 2024, 06:07:30 am »

They want to show him a new commemorative coin. Tails you win, heads... Well.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2262 on: March 12, 2024, 08:22:47 am »
With mourinho available I feel like he’s on borrowed time now

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2263 on: March 12, 2024, 08:45:05 am »
First of all, you misinterpreted my first post which shows your bias. I said that a team like Chelsea, could use trophies to distract themselves from the guilt of being owned by a Russian gangster and that Newcastle can't. Does that sound like defending them?

Secondly, clubs can lose £105m over 3 years and their initial spending spree covered the slack left by Mike Ashley in that regard. Going forward, they can't spend like that because the rules have changed. The PL is adopting UEFA's 80% squad cost rule.

And if you're talking about sponsorships. All you need to do is to re-read the thread. It's not difficult.  If the issue is being sponsored by related parties , Leicester are and nobody has an issue with it. The main thing is for it to be at a fair value and for the league to approve it.

There is no need to use mental gymnastics to spin my words :D

You’re very naive or a WUM. There are any number of ways for Newcastle to circumvent any new rules.

Just look at the deals they’ve put in place. None have been fair market value. Their adidas deal (10m more than Liverpool’s basic deal) comes off the back of a strategic partnership with Saudi owned Sela, who are also their shirt sponsor. Those two deals alone have increased their income by £55m per season. Add in Saudia and Daka, and they’re already over £60m better off. This is before considering the dozens of other ‘strategic partnerships’ that will come via KSA owned companies.

They pay their directors off the books. And there is nothing to stop them doing the same with players and coaching staff.

If anyone thinks that KSA will play within the rules, I have some magic beans I’d like to sell them.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2264 on: March 12, 2024, 08:50:17 am »
With mourinho available I feel like he’s on borrowed time now
It would be hilarious if they went for Mourinho.  He won the Conference League with Roma in 2022 but before that his last trophy was in 2017 at Man U.  For a manager that measures himself on trophies won - as he certainly isn't one for embedding sustainable improvement - it's a long barren run.

He built Chelsea into a very strong team but that was achieved by spending hundreds of millions of Oligarch money very quickly.  Howe has already maxed out the PFS/FFP for Newcastle and its going to take a while for the dodgy self-sponsorship to feed through into a bigger transfer budget.

Mourinho also has that chip on his shoulder that any failure is not down to him so he'd be calling out the owners by Christmas and baiting them into more spending.  Howe is the perfect front-man in that respect.

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #2265 on: March 12, 2024, 01:00:05 pm »
He came out with his head in his hands
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2266 on: March 12, 2024, 01:45:22 pm »
He came out with his head in his hands

He was shown the equipment and encouraged to do better.

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #2267 on: March 12, 2024, 01:53:48 pm »
You’re very naive or a WUM. There are any number of ways for Newcastle to circumvent any new rules.

Just look at the deals they’ve put in place. None have been fair market value. Their adidas deal (10m more than Liverpool’s basic deal) comes off the back of a strategic partnership with Saudi owned Sela, who are also their shirt sponsor. Those two deals alone have increased their income by £55m per season. Add in Saudia and Daka, and they’re already over £60m better off. This is before considering the dozens of other ‘strategic partnerships’ that will come via KSA owned companies.

They pay their directors off the books. And there is nothing to stop them doing the same with players and coaching staff.

If anyone thinks that KSA will play within the rules, I have some magic beans I’d like to sell them.

As the best Liverpool poster on here as pointed out, Ashley did not give a shit about growing NUFC commercially etc. We were extremely under-valued under him never mind after securing a top four finish.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: March 12, 2024, 02:35:45 pm »
As the best Liverpool poster on here as pointed out, Ashley did not give a shit about growing NUFC commercially etc. We were extremely under-valued under him never mind after securing a top four finish.

Who the fuck are you to decide who the best Liverpool poster is you sportswashed Prick ?

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #2269 on: March 12, 2024, 02:46:32 pm »
Who the fuck are you to decide who the best Liverpool poster is you sportswashed Prick ?

As I have the right to make a decision and I did.

Any need for the capital letter on 'prick', mate?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2270 on: March 12, 2024, 02:46:55 pm »

I'd say you were overvalued for a tinpot club that's won fuck all since god was a lad

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #2271 on: March 12, 2024, 02:51:15 pm »
I'd say you were overvalued for a tinpot club that's won fuck all since god was a lad

Prior to the 1974 FA Cup final, we had won more trophies than you lot..............

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: March 12, 2024, 02:54:03 pm »
  :lmao
You’re off your head

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #2273 on: March 12, 2024, 02:58:47 pm »

I don't remember saying it but thanks for the compliment mate.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: March 12, 2024, 03:01:34 pm »
Prior to the 1974 FA Cup final, we had won more trophies than you lot..............

:lmao :lmao

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2275 on: March 12, 2024, 03:03:50 pm »
As I have the right to make a decision and I did.

Any need for the capital letter on 'prick', mate?
Yes. Prick with a capital P.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2276 on: March 12, 2024, 03:05:56 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2277 on: March 12, 2024, 03:08:17 pm »

Black and white trophies.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2278 on: March 12, 2024, 03:11:27 pm »

Like I said, tinpot club that hasn't won fuck all since god was a lad :lmao

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2279 on: March 12, 2024, 03:16:49 pm »

Does your impressive trophy haul include Texaco Cup Winners & Anglo Italian Cup Winners?