Author Topic: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia  (Read 174917 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Newcastle United - Property of Saudi Arabia
« Reply #2040 on: January 22, 2024, 01:45:07 pm »
agree to disagree on Almiron's value ;)

do Atletico and Bayern have arab business links? feels odd that Wlison would be bid for on loan (especially midway through extended whinging about squad size and lack of strikers by Newcastle), and that Bayern would be willing to bid real money for a 33 year old whose fallen off a cliff
In which direction?  I was basing it on Iwobi - a similar non-scoring but hardworking midfielder - going for £22m and Saint-Maximin going for £23m, although the latter was a bit inflated.

I can only think with Trippier (and Dier) that Bayern and Tuchel are pandering to Kane but I'm not sure why they would want or need to.  I'd not seen the Wilson to Atletico loan rumour - what an opportunity that would be for Wilson!!  If I was him I'd be begging Howe to let me make that move.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2041 on: January 22, 2024, 02:06:03 pm »
Sell Almiron for mega money then get him back on loan because hes “unsettled “ get the money and the player. Its like what city have done with sponsorship. It works

Is the correct answer.

This is what knowledgeable people within the game have been warning about for months now.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: January 22, 2024, 02:07:03 pm »
What the hell is Tuchel still doing at Bayern. Eric Dier and now getting Trippier.

It's weird to see these historic huge clubs going for players like that.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2043 on: January 22, 2024, 02:08:40 pm »

I can only think with Trippier (and Dier) that Bayern and Tuchel are pandering to Kane

Former Spurs players/mates?

Agree that it seems silly, but appears certainly possible...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2044 on: January 22, 2024, 02:13:29 pm »
Unless Bayern have been promised they can offload minor players to Saudi for mega money if they pick up Trippier, in a crap attempt to look legit.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2045 on: January 22, 2024, 02:16:53 pm »
Unless Bayern have been promised they can offload minor players to Saudi for mega money if they pick up Trippier, in a crap attempt to look legit.

They don't really have any players that would go to Saudi, their players are either starters that are of great quality, at an age where they still have a future in european football and just don't fit in, or used to play for Spurs.

Tuchel isn't convincing me, can only presume they are unsure where to turn to next.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline SoccerDude

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2046 on: January 22, 2024, 02:57:02 pm »
Saudi clubs paying big money for Newcastle players, nothing suspect about that at all.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2047 on: January 22, 2024, 03:07:56 pm »
What the hell is Tuchel still doing at Bayern. Eric Dier and now getting Trippier.

I believe his intention is to build a squad that will lose him the CL final. Maybe they can get Lloris in goal?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2048 on: January 22, 2024, 03:09:49 pm »
In which direction?  I was basing it on Iwobi - a similar non-scoring but hardworking midfielder - going for £22m and Saint-Maximin going for £23m, although the latter was a bit inflated.
i thought lower than £20mil - but those are great examples which I think back you up and make me wrong!
Saudi clubs paying big money for Newcastle players, nothing suspect about that at all.
while i fully agree with you, i also recognise i probably have no right to complain given we received massively inflated fees off saudi clubs ourselves (i know its different for us as we're not part of the same org/colluding with the saudi state. just laughing at myself really for being outraged reading they're gonna get a good fee for a low quality old player like almiron and yet we did that x2 in the summer!

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2049 on: January 22, 2024, 03:20:40 pm »
i thought lower than £20mil - but those are great examples which I think back you up and make me wrong!while i fully agree with you, i also recognise i probably have no right to complain given we received massively inflated fees off saudi clubs ourselves (i know its different for us as we're not part of the same org/colluding with the saudi state. just laughing at myself really for being outraged reading they're gonna get a good fee for a low quality old player like almiron and yet we did that x2 in the summer!

Only Fabinho was over priced probably worth £25-30m but we got £40m

Henderson we got £10-12m which is same as Trippier is being priced at which is fair id say.

Newcastle are ok as they arent controlled by PIF and im gutted as I had Almiron down to replace Salah especially at his bargain price £60m 🤣🤣

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: January 22, 2024, 03:35:52 pm »
£40m for an over the hill Fabinho was a massive overpay. Us accepting immediately (unlike us) indicated that. We'd have found it hard to move Hendo on with the wages he was on as well. The £12m we got was decent given that we also got his wages off the books.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 03:38:27 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: January 22, 2024, 03:42:54 pm »
£40m for an over the hill Fabinho was a massive overpay. Us accepting immediately (unlike us) indicated that. We'd have found it hard to move Hendo on with the wages he was on as well. The £12m we got was decent given that we also got his wages off the books.

Yeah defo over payed for Fabinho.

Hendo was captain and we wouldnt have sold him unless he asked so yeah we got good money but that is going rate now he has realised what a cock up it was too.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: January 22, 2024, 04:15:58 pm »
Yeah defo over payed for Fabinho.

Hendo was captain and we wouldnt have sold him unless he asked so yeah we got good money but that is going rate now he has realised what a cock up it was too.
They funded our rebuild LOL.

Wrt Newcastle,  they are not our rivals. They are top 6 at best and they might fluke 4th in a bad year. If we do our thing, whatever they do is irrelevant.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2053 on: January 22, 2024, 04:24:09 pm »

Wrt Newcastle,  they are not our rivals. They are top 6 at best and they might fluke 4th in a bad year. If we do our thing, whatever they do is irrelevant.

Let's keep it that way, at least the City charges and EFC/NFFC have focused the mind up there
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2054 on: January 22, 2024, 04:55:10 pm »

Newcastle arent our rivals at the min but lets see how things play out with City as no doubt they will keep an eye on it

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2055 on: January 22, 2024, 05:01:56 pm »

Yes, very suspicious. They did it with Liverpool too, like buying two of their outcasts for a combined £60 million, thus helping them with much-needed rejuvenation of the midfield.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2056 on: January 22, 2024, 05:06:21 pm »
Newcastle arent our rivals at the min but lets see how things play out with City as no doubt they will keep an eye on it
Even City aren't taking the piss anymore. It's just the way things will be going forward.  If they get away with it, then they'll have built a good foundation via cheating. That's it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 05:17:41 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #2057 on: January 22, 2024, 06:24:08 pm »
Even City aren't taking the piss anymore. It's just the way things will be going forward.  If they get away with it, then they'll have built a good foundation via cheating. That's it.

Remind me how much City are paying Haaland and his old man? If you think they can legitimately afford his wages and whatever amount they paid his father, then I might have a bridge that I can sell you.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: January 22, 2024, 06:42:20 pm »
Remind me how much City are paying Haaland and his old man? If you think they can legitimately afford his wages and whatever amount they paid his father, then I might have a bridge that I can sell you.
Compare their squad size to before when they used to stockpile players and you'll see the difference.  It's not that difficult.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2059 on: January 22, 2024, 06:55:05 pm »
Compare their squad size to before when they used to stockpile players and you'll see the difference.  It's not that difficult.
They are still sponsoring themselves. Still cheating.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2060 on: January 22, 2024, 07:02:14 pm »
They are still sponsoring themselves. Still cheating.
That's the point of their case with the PL.  The case will let them know how far they can go but they won't be brazen anymore like when they used to have two first 11s.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2061 on: January 22, 2024, 07:44:36 pm »
That's the point of their case with the PL.  The case will let them know how far they can go but they won't be brazen anymore like when they used to have two first 11s.

Are you sure about that ??

They are probably the most arrogant club in the world now and that takes some doing.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2062 on: January 22, 2024, 08:48:52 pm »
Cutting their wage bill now.

Javier Manquillo
Newcastle United to Celta Vigo
Magpies cut wage bill by letting full-back with six months left on his contract reunite with Rafa Benítez in La Liga
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2063 on: January 22, 2024, 10:54:31 pm »

This doesn’t add up. The premier league was given legally binding assurances that the public investment fund of Saudi Arabia was nothing to do with Saudi Arabia, so how is the leader of Saudi Arabia exerting influence on it?!? I’m utterly shocked.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2064 on: January 22, 2024, 10:59:03 pm »
Are you sure about that ??

They are probably the most arrogant club in the world now and that takes some doing.
They've scaled down noticeably in the last few years to appear compliant with everything being based on their "record revenue". Regulation will keep increasing and teams have gotten the memo.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2065 on: January 22, 2024, 10:59:54 pm »
This doesn’t add up. The premier league was given legally binding assurances that the public investment fund of Saudi Arabia was nothing to do with Saudi Arabia, so how is the leader of Saudi Arabia exerting influence on it?!? I’m utterly shocked.
The government pressured them into giving Saudi green light.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: January 22, 2024, 11:17:59 pm »
Wonder what they budgeted for in their forecasts in terms of league finish and qualifying for the next rounds of Europe (maybe dropping to EL), think that could be a reason they are up against their FFP limit and are trimming the spend

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2067 on: February 10, 2024, 05:28:45 pm »
So the Saudis (PIF) tried to buy a majority stake in Juventus (which failed because the Agnelli family only wanted to sell a minority) and have now moved on to the acquisition of AC Milan and Roma (Roma received a €900 million offer). Got me thinking, if the Saudis are moving away from Newcastle?
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2068 on: February 11, 2024, 12:26:55 am »
So the Saudis (PIF) tried to buy a majority stake in Juventus (which failed because the Agnelli family only wanted to sell a minority) and have now moved on to the acquisition of AC Milan and Roma (Roma received a €900 million offer). Got me thinking, if the Saudis are moving away from Newcastle?
They have enough for both but then there is that problem of european qualification?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #2069 on: February 11, 2024, 01:54:45 am »
They have enough for both but then there is that problem of european qualification?
Problems are easily solved with money  :-X

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2070 on: February 11, 2024, 12:06:28 pm »
What a surprise.

Sela and Adidas sign a joint "Strategic partnership" ::)

Adidas, "Sorry but not a chance we're paying you £40 million a year to a club that hasn't won anything since forever and has no fans outside the North East, we're also definitely not making you an Elite" club in our portfolio, That's for elite clubs like Juventus, Man United and Real Madrid".

Sela "How about we subsidise the deal, PIF doesn't mind paying you £40 million a year to have us wearing your shirts with "Adidas elite club" status, we'll disguise the payments with a strategic partnership of course."

https://www.sportcal.com/news/adidas-partners-with-sela-for-middle-east-growth/

« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 12:11:11 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2071 on: February 11, 2024, 12:08:14 pm »
Absolutely no morals, these disgusting firms.  :no
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2072 on: February 11, 2024, 01:15:37 pm »
I sincerely wish the whole lot of them would just fuck off and die.    :wanker

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2073 on: February 11, 2024, 01:16:40 pm »
Isn't this the sort of thing the vote last week was against?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2074 on: February 20, 2024, 12:04:29 pm »
This fat c*nt is definitely on the Saudi payroll.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #2075 on: February 20, 2024, 12:39:19 pm »
Thought I’d go onto their forum to see their reaction to losing Dan Ashworth.

I see a post saying “I hope he gets called into the Saudi embassy to explain himself”

Stupid decision by myself to venture on there I know. But wow.

Sickening.

https://newcastle-online.org/topic/37337-dan-ashworth-has-asked-to-leave-the-club-and-has-been-placed-on-gardening-leave-official/page/90/

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2076 on: February 20, 2024, 02:23:40 pm »
Thought I’d go onto their forum to see their reaction to losing Dan Ashworth.

I see a post saying “I hope he gets called into the Saudi embassy to explain himself”

Stupid decision by myself to venture on there I know. But wow.

Sickening.

https://newcastle-online.org/topic/37337-dan-ashworth-has-asked-to-leave-the-club-and-has-been-placed-on-gardening-leave-official/page/90/

ONE idiotic post saying that?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2077 on: February 20, 2024, 02:29:08 pm »
ONE idiotic post saying that?

Piss off Paully, everyone of you that backs those murderous bastards is a c*nt.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2078 on: February 20, 2024, 02:30:09 pm »
ONE idiotic post saying that

So your stance is:

"I can excuse our owners brutally murdering people, but I draw the line at people criticising fans for suggesting they do that to more people"

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2079 on: February 20, 2024, 02:40:09 pm »
Piss off Paully, everyone of you that backs those murderous bastards is a c*nt.

Supporting a football club which I've done for 40 years makes you a c*nt.

Brilliant.