Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 584636 times)

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: Injury news only thread. *
« Reply #400 on: February 4, 2022, 06:05:21 pm »

Origi there thinking if he left the stove on.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: February 4, 2022, 07:40:20 pm »
Origi there thinking if he left the stove on.

he actually only showed up to get the new gear. it's true.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: February 4, 2022, 07:59:15 pm »
FFS he can't even stand up
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Re: Injury news only thread. *
« Reply #403 on: February 4, 2022, 11:17:42 pm »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #404 on: February 5, 2022, 09:26:32 am »
So I take it that Thiago will be available to play tomorrow.
#JFT97

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: February 5, 2022, 09:31:40 am »
Five subs so you'd think we'll see some of them sharing the 90 minutes.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #406 on: February 5, 2022, 11:23:00 am »
Don't want to jinx anything of course, but it's hard not to get excited after what has been an almost perfectly timed winter break.

In Jurgen's pre-Cardiff presser he said Thiago is training fine (after a chest infection), Origi is back in full training (dissertation finally submitted?), and Naby has come back full of energy.

That is everyone fit. I repeat - that is everyone fit. For the first time in what seems like forever.

Joel and Virgil having no setbacks so far is also a massive (and understated) achievement for them and the club, with Konate and Joe ready to rotate whenever they need a rest. It's not ideal to still be without Mo and Sadio, but its brilliant for them and their confidence, and both should come back in good spirits and rhythm regardless of who wins. They are both made of steel, and having them back will be a massive boost for everyone.

If you were aiming to win 4 competitions, I couldn't imagine a better position to be in - most players have had a much needed break, we've signed one of the most exciting players in Europe, we have Harvey to come back into the side, Curtis pushing for a midfield place, and players like Ox and Naby brimming with confidence. Plus a cup final and CL football just around the corner.

Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a great ride.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2022, 10:59:46 am »
Diogo Jota and Roberto Firmino will again be absent against Leeds as they recover from ankle and muscle injuries respectively. The strikers have not been ruled out of Sunday’s League Cup final against Chelsea but Klopp cautioned: “They are not on the pitch for training and that is not a good sign.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/feb/22/jurgen-klopp-warns-liverpool-not-to-get-soft-in-their-title-pursuit
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #408 on: February 28, 2022, 10:05:52 am »

Sticking my post in here too, hopefully someone can expand on it when more information comes out this week.

Was the Matip sub tactical and any news on Thiago?

Thiago had a hamstring injury in the warm up, but the seriousness hasn't been said yet.

Matip there was no news, I'm guessing tactical/prevent him playing too much as he's played a lot recently for someone that can pick up injuries.

Sky seemed determined Diaz had a hamstring injury too, he fell funny at one point and Neville said it straight away, but it looked more impact as he hit the ground that was causing him trouble. Didn't go off straight away either, so not sure where they got that from.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Diaz's comments after the game ("I'm dead [knackered]") suggest he came off to freshen things up rather than due to an injury.  Mo was the only one of the front three to play the full 120, he's a remarkable athlete and also our first choice penalty taker.

I think the Matip substitution was for the same reasons, especially as Chelsea had brought on two fresh strikers.  He didn't seem to be at all restricted in his movements during the celebrations.

I assume we're training today so it will be telling if Diaz and Matip take part.

Online buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
Diaz looked knackered well before we came off, don't think we has injured. And I'm sure the Konate transfer was tactical to deal with the pace of Werner. Klopp usually plays Konate when we're dealing with pace in behind.

Think we have a Klopp presser today? So will be interesting to hear any updates, I'm sure a couple of players have knocks etc. but can't see anyone who played 120 minutes being in the squad for the FA Cup game apart from Kelleher.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Jurgen Klopp gave an update on the fitness of Thiago, who was left in tears when a hamstring injury suffered in the warm-up at Wembley forced him to withdraw shortly before kick-off.

The Reds boss thinks he will be sidelined for about a week, though he could return for the Champions League last-16 second leg against Inter Milan on 8 March.
Happy days!  A hamstring injury only resulting in potentially a week out is the best possible outcome.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Happy days!  A hamstring injury only resulting in potentially a week out is the best possible outcome.
But then again, one week in Klopp's calendar may be a lot longer in ours... The poor guy is hopelessly optimistic sometimes...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
But then again, one week in Klopp's calendar may be a lot longer in ours... The poor guy is hopelessly optimistic sometimes...

"Weekend not sure, maybe Milan, after that definitely."

Sounds fairly clear cut to me. I guess Brighton or Inter would be more on the optimistic side but it must just be a mild one like he felt a tight hamstring muscle in the warm up.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
"Weekend not sure, maybe Milan, after that definitely."

Sounds fairly clear cut to me. I guess Brighton or Inter would be more on the optimistic side but it must just be a mild one like he felt a tight hamstring muscle in the warm up.
I guess it depends on how you interpret "after that".   could mean anything.  :)

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
Id say hes prolly over the hamstring, no to westham since he hasnt trained. Prolly on the bench for Inter and make sub appearance for some minutes and prolly sub again against Brighton with the intention to start vs Arsenal

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-fitness-update-klopp-thiago-matip-keita-firmino-and-jones

Thiago Alcantara and Joel Matip will miss Liverpool's Premier League encounter with West Ham United, Jürgen Klopp confirmed.

Thiago continues to be sidelined with the hamstring issue he sustained during the warm-up for the League Cup final, while Matip is suffering from illness.

Curtis Jones and Naby Keita will be assessed ahead of Saturday's 5.30pm GMT kick-off at Anfield.

Roberto Firmino, meanwhile, is closing in on a return to full training after his muscle injury.

Klopp told a press conference: “So, you’re right, strength in depth is really important, no doubt about that, especially when you have to play different competitions. But we have players who are not available.

“I'm pretty sure that nobody will tell me differently because yesterday he didn't train, Thiago will not be available for tomorrow.

“Curtis is not bad but if it is good enough to go again tomorrow, I don't know.

“Joel Matip is ill – no COVID, nowadays you can be ill in different ways as well – so he will not be available.

“So all of a sudden, we played a tough game midweek, all these kind of things, so we still wait a little bit for who is how in which moment. So from eight midfielders – Naby we don’t know – to four midfielders in a week, that can happen easily.

“So it's not nothing as well that we, like, enjoy, ‘Oh my God, we have the full choice.' You have the full choice one day and then the other days you don't have it.

“So we have to make sure that we stay as fit as possible because we have a lot of games to play in these upcoming months.”

He added: “Naby was not in the squad on Wednesday. Bobby is looking good but not good enough for the weekend. I think the plan is that he trains on Sunday, first time. That sounds then doable for Tuesday.”
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
So from eight midfielders – Naby we don’t know – to four midfielders in a week, that can happen easily.

to us, it can !!

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

4 midfielders out? I count Thiago, Naby and Curtis out with Fab, Hendo, Elliott, Ox and Millie fit. Unless there’s another undisclosed injury.

At least City have lost Dias for 4-6 weeks which means more Ake.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Naby injured? Well I never.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Naby injured? Well I never.

Steady. Could be a minor knock. We’ll see if he makes the squad tomorrow or Tuesday.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
From the press conference, I'm confused if Naby is fit for Saturday or not. Thiago, Matip and Firmino seemed a more definite no.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
From the press conference, I'm confused if Naby is fit for Saturday or not. Thiago, Matip and Firmino seemed a more definite no.

Nah naby can’t be injured again!!!!! Don’t believe this one, it’s a Trojan horse!

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Curtis Jones has been having a bit of a 'mare with his injuries of late.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan

The positives are those 3 are all close to being back. Matip just ilness and Both Firmino and Thiago are possibility for Inter

Id gander that Naby and Jones are nothing serious but would suck to be down 3 midfielders

Really hope we dont see a Milner/Hendo 8s duo tomorrow.

Offline ThoroughlyMediocre

• Main Stander
The positives are those 3 are all close to being back. Matip just ilness and Both Firmino and Thiago are possibility for Inter

Id gander that Naby and Jones are nothing serious but would suck to be down 3 midfielders

Really hope we dont see a Milner/Hendo 8s duo tomorrow.

I think Milner playing the full 90 Wednesday makes that unlikely, agree in not wanting to see that.

Agree on the optimism, doesn't sound like anything is long-term at this time. Always possible Konate would have played anyways, given Antonio's physicality.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
Well looks like I was right both Naby and Jones were fine. Thiago and Firmino back soon and id suspect Matip too

Looks like we have a fully fit squad again going into the international break. If we can keep it like that after the international break that would be huge

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nothing wrong with Kostas I assume? He's usually on the bench if he's not playing but haven't heard anything other than us having a boss squad to pick from?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
Nothing wrong with Kostas I assume? He's usually on the bench if he's not playing but haven't heard anything other than us having a boss squad to pick from?

Klopp mentioned him favourably yesterday in the post match press conference (I think) when talking about the depth of the squad and how we wouldn't have been able to beat West Ham if we'd not made changes midweek. I think if he'd been injured he'd have probably mentioned it then. He might be planning on starting him vs Inter.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp mentioned him favourably yesterday in the post match press conference (I think) when talking about the depth of the squad and how we wouldn't have been able to beat West Ham if we'd not made changes midweek. I think if he'd been injured he'd have probably mentioned it then. He might be planning on starting him vs Inter.

Cheers, missed the press conference and hadn't seen or heard anything mentioned.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
He's just having a kip
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
He's just having a kip
thank God for that.  about bloody time.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Big boost. Klopp says Matip, Thiago and Firmino all trained fully yesterday.
"We'll have to see how they react."
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
according to this both Millie and Tsimi might have the virus .... I'd seen that Millie was "ill" but nowt about Tsimi

???

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
according to this both Millie and Tsimi might have the virus .... I'd seen that Millie was "ill" but nowt about Tsimi

???

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php
That why they missed the Arsenal game. Klopp said so in his presser before irc that they where ill. All the players are Vaccinated, not really concerned they should be able to return quickly if it Covid

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
That why they missed the Arsenal game. Klopp said so in his presser before irc that they where ill.
ah, missed that.  thanks RedG

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not sure Kostas had Covid again, he's spent the week having new arm tattoos done! He's posted about the game today though so I'm guessing he's playing some part.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I came online just to see how many of our players were crocked by the weekend internationals.  Seemingly none so happy days.

One more round of fixtures to survive.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
I came online just to see how many of our players were crocked by the weekend internationals.  Seemingly none so happy days.

One more round of fixtures to survive.

Have you not heard of mockers! For the love of everything that’s holy!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play