Author Topic: Preview: Chelsea v Liverpool - Sunday 11th November 16:00  (Read 81244 times)

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Preview: Chelsea v Liverpool - Sunday 11th November 16:00
« Reply #160 on: November 9, 2012, 03:49:53 pm »
anyone who thinks we can get anything from this game is deluded, or hasnt seen us play much in the last few years.

Why would you even bother taking the time to post that!?

Have you seen us play much in the last few years, especially against Chelsea?

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 9, 2012, 04:05:49 pm »
Won our last four in the league against these and won 5 out of the last 6 in all competitions (should have been a draw anyway in the FA cup final).

We won't keep a clean sheet but I fancy us to win 1-2.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 9, 2012, 04:19:52 pm »
anyone who thinks we can get anything from this game is deluded, or hasnt seen us play much in the last few years.

Except for all the times we've beaten Chelsea, and all our history of coming back from adversity, I have to agree  ::)
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline arcticus

• No massive asset. Doesn't know the difference between the 1st and 31st. Watched the Arsenal game sat in a pool of shite.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 9, 2012, 04:32:25 pm »
Anyone fancy Sterling? Sterling vs Bertrand after all

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 9, 2012, 04:50:48 pm »
3 wins on the bounce and we'd all be fucking rocking.

It feels so near yet so far.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #166 on: November 9, 2012, 04:54:23 pm »

TWO wins in the league all season. That's astonishing. Other teams are trying to get a run together. We're delighted if we get the odd random unexpected win here and there.

It's not good Andy. Clearly. However the mighty Everton, for all their praise this season, and they're sitting in (or about) 4th have only won 4 out of 10 whihch in itself seems fairly average too.

It's a funny league at this stage, there's been a crazy number of draws this season. Now our form can go one of two ways and clearly no-one's predicting a massive winning streak or anything but I still think it's two early to say with any conviction how this season will pan out.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 9, 2012, 04:55:06 pm »
How many times have Chelsea had teams come at them and press like we will? A Madrid and Utd? How well did they do there?

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 9, 2012, 05:02:06 pm »
A few wins on the bounce is all we need to get us going and there is no way better to kick off a run than at Stamford Bridge. Will give us a lot of confidence going into the coming games aswell. Wigan and Swansea are certainly winnable.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 9, 2012, 05:04:30 pm »
Wish all the negative pricks would get fucked to be honest.

Chelsea are good going forward, but defensively (especially with Cole out) they are suspect - Terry cannot handle Suarez and Luiz is a complete liability.

Having Johnson back is huge, not only defensively (how times have changed) but offensively he is a real threat.

Close to call but can see a 2-1 win.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 9, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »
We tend to play better against the more open teams and Chelsea are definately open, especially at the back. David Luiz just plays like a nutter and can be caught out when pressed. If we apply the pressure then we need an early goal because I can't see us keeping a clean sheet. Sterling to star I hope.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 9, 2012, 05:06:45 pm »
Come on Brendan exploit the front three of Hazard/Mata/Oscar and then attack Mikel and we'll do well. We can play with width and not play to central and it could help.

Isolate Torres and use this to our advantage.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 9, 2012, 05:09:52 pm »
I'd like to see:

------------------------------Jones------------------------------

Johnson----------Skrtel------------Agger-----------Enrique

----------------Henderson------------Allen--------------------

Sterling----------------------Gerrard-----------------Assaidi

--------------------------------Suarez---------------------------

Although I think Rodgers will start Sahin over Henderson.

Hopefully he won't play him out of position, like usual!

Would rather Reina, but it doesn't sound like he is fit and with Wisdom playing midweek, it looks like Enrique will be left back.

That side is fully capable of winning and that is what we should be expecting!  A draw would be OK, but we should be disappointed if we don't perform.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2012, 05:18:42 pm by Z e u s »

Offline MatthewRedBlood

• bollockless shit bag
  • Kopite
  • The main kid
« Reply #173 on: November 9, 2012, 05:10:18 pm »
I feel the game will be won or lost in our midfield. Without a doubt their biggest threat comes from Hazard, Oscar and Mata operating just in front of our back 4, in the area Lucas would usually occupy. Torres can still finish (30% conversion rate still this season) but if we can deny him the ammo, we've got a chance.

For me Rodgers is having a mare with the way he's operating our midfield. He's playing Gerrard as a deep lying play-maker along side Joe Allen, pushing Sahin into the advanced role. I think he needs to push Gerrard forward, and let Sahin do the stuff along side Allen. Lucas is tailor-made for this kind of game, and we'll miss him tomorrow more than ever. Defensively we've been much better over the last 5 games, and while i expect Chelsea to score, i don't think we'll ship the 3-4-5 people are suggesting.

Do i think we'll score? I think we probably will to be fair. Suarez is in arguably the best form we've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt, and young Suso and Sterling (almost certain to start) will give Chelsea's moron like defenders a lot to think about. just look at what Ashley Young did to Ivanovic a few weeks ago as an example. David Luiz is known to be very erratic, and pressing him high up the pitch into making these decisions will really help us. I think we'll need a massive slice of luck to get something from the game because they are a very good side (pains me to say it) but they're by no means invincible.

I don't agree with people saying we should play 3-5-2, because that'll literally just invite pressure onto ourselves. I'm not a massive Andy Carroll fan, but the havoc he wreaked when  he came on in the cup final last season would certainly be something to consider, Coates up front tomorrow then?

I'd take a point now, but if we can press their defense into mistakes, which is a very possible thing to do, and get bodies around Mata, Hazard and Oscar we'll do well. Mikel and Ramires while good players aren't really much to worry about. Easier said than done all this lot by the way.

If history has shown one thing, no matter how fucking shit we may be playing, how bad our form is, whoever our manager is, however we or they may sit in the table, we always seem to turn up for the big games. I never ever enjoy these fixtures, stomach turners for 90 minutes. I'd love to see us win, head says 1-2 Chelsea, heart says 2-1 to us.

One last thing i'll add. I'd be very tempted to start Downing ahead of Suso. Main reason being how Valencia played against cole a few weeks ago. Now i'm fully aware that Valencia is a far superior player to our Stewie, but they play in a similar way. Both direct, both have a good delivery. Suso will get backed up by Cole, and doesn't have the pace to beat him down the outside. I'd consider Downing for this one personally, as he'll also do more defensive work tracking Cole, given his experience. Had a good spell against Newcastle, putting a fantastic cross onto Shelvey's head, which should of been an assist. Can you really point the finger at Downing for having no assists with the quality of our finishing? Needs to be taken into account.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2012, 05:12:28 pm by MatthewRedBlood »
"When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high". Bad advice, I met a bloke once who'd looked up during a hailstone storm, took his eye out, blind now.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 9, 2012, 05:10:23 pm »
The King has a request to each of you:

Kenneth Dalglish ‏@kennethdalglish
Please support the magnificent Anne Williams in her fight for justice by signing this petition. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

Offline DanRogers

• Boys Pen
  • ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
« Reply #175 on: November 9, 2012, 05:10:59 pm »
To be honest, this is going to be a very tough game, i'll take a point if i'm being realistic. 

Offline tomryan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #176 on: November 9, 2012, 05:23:44 pm »
Attending this at the away end - cannot wait!!!! First time at the Bridge.  :wave

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 9, 2012, 05:27:34 pm »
Chelsea are a dangerous side and we'll do we'll to get something here but I do think Torres has a mentality problem at times and can see him having a bit of a stinker on Sunday.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 9, 2012, 05:29:10 pm »

celtic beat barca, we beat chelsea 3 times last season. anything could happen. swerve being a miserable c*nt ey

Offline aman92

• Main Stander
  • You want some, come get some
« Reply #179 on: November 9, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »
Come on Brendan exploit the front three of Hazard/Mata/Oscar and then attack Mikel and we'll do well. We can play with width and not play to central and it could help.

Isolate Torres and use this to our advantage.

To be fair, Torres does a pretty good job of isolating himself from the goal.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 9, 2012, 05:45:58 pm »
Saw some stats about Torres in the PL over 5 seasons and his shooting accuracy is as good as it ever has been, just it showed this year he hardly shoots compared to previous years
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 9, 2012, 05:47:01 pm »
So glad Johnson is back. Love him.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 9, 2012, 05:49:17 pm »
Interviewed Pre match

Anne Williams

It was lovely to see Hearbie and Jules today we had a lauugh, please everyone don't be too upset over the Attoeney General they have stitched me for years, if the e petition reaches 100,000 they will have to have a debate, the thing is we had a debate last February, he know all the evidence I have enough to have opened the big can of worms years ago that is why I could never get my inquest because it would have opened the flood gates, this system let us all down they should be ashamed, the extremes they have gone to to protect the ones that were to blame for the death of our 96, well the TRUTH is out and I hope everyone involved with the cover gets whats due to them, 96 inocent fans and all the heartache for the families and blaing our survivors who helpedwith the rescue and probably saved so many lies while the SYP were pushing people back into the pens, Hillsborough is a horror story all the truth is not out you. YOU CAN ALL RUN BUT YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE SYSTEM BEHIND YOU TO PROTECT YOU NOW. JUSTICE FOR ALL.

http://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: November 9, 2012, 06:01:31 pm »
Er, would that be the last few years when we've won most of our league games against Chelsea, home and away?
Fucking hell.

Seriously hahahahaha
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline DLF

• Justified and Ancient
  • Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: November 9, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »
For me Rodgers is having a mare with the way he's operating our midfield. He's playing Gerrard as a deep lying play-maker along side Joe Allen, pushing Sahin into the advanced role. I think he needs to push Gerrard forward, and let Sahin do the stuff along side Allen. Lucas is tailor-made for this kind of game, and we'll miss him tomorrow more than ever. Defensively we've been much better over the last 5 games, and while i expect Chelsea to score, i don't think we'll ship the 3-4-5 people are suggesting.
The midfield is a tricky one.  I'm trying to educate myself on how it works for our 4-3-3, interesting stuff.  We have 3 in midfield, 1 controller who is the most withdrawn and two who move up and down.  Against Arsenal Allen was left horribly exposed because Sahin and Gerrard didn't have the energy to do the down bit!  I got all this from Brendan's interview with TAW etc. ;).  First of all I think these 3 are probably head and shoulders above anyone else at the club (who isn't injured) in midfield.  Henderson has the energy but not remotely close to any of the above when he has the ball.  I'm not saying he's crap but he isn't in the same league.  Suso definitely has the skills but who would he replace in there?  The consensus seems to be swap him with Stevie but Allen, Sahin and Suso look a little lightweight to me.  Allen is fearless and a terrier but without Lucas in there I think we need some Stevie grit.  The only thing I could think of would be Sahin as the controller.  Or a completely different formation.
The secret is that our Liverpool team never know when to stop running and working. At Anfield we have always believed in players supporting each other and concentrating on not giving the ball away. You can't go charging forward all the time, willy-nilly. You must have patience.

Offline AggerCarra

• Main Stander
  • S E R B I A
« Reply #185 on: November 9, 2012, 06:12:39 pm »
Well win game. Chelseaa betetr than us but we have heart they have heart of woman.

Offline AggerCarra

• Main Stander
  • S E R B I A
« Reply #186 on: November 9, 2012, 06:16:00 pm »
It's a funny league at this stage, there's been a crazy number of draws this season. Now our form can go one of two ways and clearly no-one's predicting a massive winning streak or anything but I still think it's two early to say with any conviction how this season will pan out.

I think we can say that we wont win league this season.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #187 on: November 9, 2012, 06:55:33 pm »
If Liverpool beat Chelsea on sunday, it will be their 4th back-to-back win at Stamford bridge.
0-1 W (Feb '11)
1-2 W (Nov '11)
0-2 W (Nov '11- League Cup)

The last time Liverpool won 4 or more back to back games at Anfield, it goes back to Jan/Feb/March/Apr of 2010, last year under Benitez when they won 9 consecutive games at Anfield (in all competitions).
2-0 W vs Spurs
2-0 W vs Bolton
1-0 W vs Everton
1-0 W vs Uniera
2-1 W vs Blackburn
4-1 W vs Portsmouth
3-0 W vs Lille
3-0 W vs Sunderland
4-1 W vs Benfica
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 years and 9 months, since 4 back to back wins at our own stadium, and we can repeat it at Chelsea's

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 9, 2012, 06:57:05 pm »
For once JT will have to keep his legs shut , Luis will skin him again if we can get players around him we will score, think they might score so head says 1-1 heart says 1-2
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 9, 2012, 07:00:47 pm »
Will win this

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #190 on: November 9, 2012, 07:08:38 pm »
When we play Chelsea I always like to take a moment to remember a fallen soldier....

Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 9, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »
When we play Chelsea I always like to take a moment to remember a fallen soldier....

Poor old Babby you would never forget that would you
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Kvothe the Bloodless

• Main Stander
« Reply #192 on: November 9, 2012, 07:16:38 pm »
Well win game. Chelseaa betetr than us but we have heart they have heart of woman.

Good man! We've got this.

Having Johnson back is a massive boost. I think he'll up everyones game and drive the team forward.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 9, 2012, 07:43:59 pm »

We're underdogs but that's just retarded. We beat them under the hodge when we were probably the worst team in the league.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #195 on: November 9, 2012, 08:01:51 pm »

And I take it you will inhale said heart and consume all of her soul ?

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 9, 2012, 08:03:16 pm »
Not sure about this one, their midfield is quality we'll need a massive game from Allen, Gerrard and Sahin.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 9, 2012, 08:07:20 pm »
I know we haven't done too well so far, but with a player like Luis Suarez, if we keep it tight on the day, we can beat anyone. That isn't to say we will keep it tight mind. Whoever is sitting in front of that defense is going to have as tough a job as the actual defense. Thank fuck Allen got a rest, still a massive ask from him.

« Reply #198 on: November 9, 2012, 08:09:03 pm »
Suso in midfield Gerrard in Attack

Offline hwieniawski

• Kopite
Preview: Chelsea v Liverpool - Sunday 11th November 16:00
« Reply #199 on: November 9, 2012, 08:29:04 pm »
For those of you that keep going on about Chelsea's matches against shakhtar, this shakhtar team is incredibly talented going forward, and it's no coincidence that they've played the European champions off the park twice, and played an almost invincible Juventus team off their brand new park.
juve e liverpool amici per sempre

You'll Never Walk Alone