Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 337613 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #7360 on: May 11, 2024, 06:40:28 pm »
You probably already know this but with the naked eye it's not really visible it's only when you take a photo that you see it.  Even your phone camera will catch it beautifully if you use night mode.

I've missed it so many times since we moved, one night I even got Paul outside to show him the weird light out where we normally see the sunrise out at sea.... Yeah it was the northern lights 🤦

I had better start learning how to change it on my phone then, as the pixel is so difficult to use!   ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7361 on: May 11, 2024, 07:55:07 pm »
I had better start learning how to change it on my phone then, as the pixel is so difficult to use!   ;D

I have a pixel Jill it's easy. Open the camera and night sight is right next to the button on the right so just scroll or tap on it to get it in the centre.  Sorted 👍

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7362 on: May 11, 2024, 07:58:13 pm »
Took what we thought was an injured Seagull to the vets last Friday night. Found it struggling to move in the middle of the road. Initially couldn’t stand up, couldn’t take off.

Turns out when we went to get it the next day to release it back where we found it, it was just having trouble laying an egg. Tried to interest the Seagull in the egg but she abandoned it.

Felt a bit guilty in the end as it wasn’t injured, but expect someone would have just run it over if we hadn’t moved it

Deffo an eggsistential threat to the seagull.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #7363 on: May 11, 2024, 08:07:51 pm »
Deffo an eggsistential threat to the seagull.

I’ve now somehow posted this in two wrong threads. Third time lucky
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7364 on: May 11, 2024, 08:22:17 pm »
I have a pixel Jill it's easy. Open the camera and night sight is right next to the button on the right so just scroll or tap on it to get it in the centre.  Sorted 👍

Thanks for that Debs. 😊

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7365 on: May 11, 2024, 09:26:43 pm »
Did anyone catch the Northern Lights last night, it should be visible to see them tonight as well from about 10.30pm. I saw a great picture of the aurora over Crosby beach, some stunning ones on twitter at the moment.

I was too tired to catch it last night, but hoping to catch it tonight, if it appears.
#Sausages

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7366 on: May 11, 2024, 10:20:54 pm »
Any sign of the Northern Lights tonight?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7367 on: May 11, 2024, 10:22:18 pm »
Any sign of the Northern Lights tonight?

Not so far, but it isn't dark enough yet.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7368 on: May 11, 2024, 10:53:28 pm »
I'm down Moreton shore now & nothing yet, but high cloud trying to spoil things
#Sausages

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7369 on: May 11, 2024, 10:58:03 pm »
Many other people down there?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7370 on: May 11, 2024, 10:59:29 pm »
Many other people down there?

Loads the car parks are choker
#Sausages

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7371 on: May 11, 2024, 11:05:40 pm »

It's very dark where I am especially in the back very few lights on at all. Never mind the aurora I have just seen a huge bird fly over the house at 10.45.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7372 on: May 11, 2024, 11:15:12 pm »
Daft th8ng 8s being down the shore 11pm when i'm normaly down the shore 5am, & sunrise this time of year
#Sausages

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7373 on: May 11, 2024, 11:23:11 pm »
Daft th8ng 8s being down the shore 11pm when i'm normaly down the shore 5am, & sunrise this time of year

I would give yourself tomorrow morning off, to be honest.  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7374 on: May 11, 2024, 11:26:58 pm »
I would give yourself tomorrow morning off, to be honest.  ;D

;D nothing better than watching the sunrise over Liverpool from the shore 8)
#Sausages

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7375 on: May 11, 2024, 11:28:45 pm »
;D nothing better than watching the sunrise over Liverpool from the shore 8)

I sometimes get to see it when I am cycling into work.  :)

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7376 on: May 11, 2024, 11:31:42 pm »
I know they say be patiant, but looking likely it"s not hapening tonight.
#Sausages

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7377 on: May 11, 2024, 11:34:57 pm »
I know they say be patiant, but looking likely it"s not hapening tonight.

I haven't seen many pictures coming in so far on twitter they are mainly from last night.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7378 on: May 12, 2024, 12:29:03 am »
Saw nothing, so gave up & walked back home.
#Sausages

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #7379 on: May 12, 2024, 12:41:40 am »
Doggers Paradise down there.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7380 on: May 12, 2024, 08:05:58 am »
Saw nothing, so gave up & walked back home.

I think it was too cloudy around here. According to the Independent though, Liverpool got a second one on the bounce.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 09:40:13 am by jillcwhomever »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7381 on: May 12, 2024, 02:41:26 pm »
I didn't manage to see the lights at all.  :-\

My cousin was at Burbo Bank on Friday night. He didn't know about the lights but said there were big queues to get into the car. He tried to get in by Crosby baths as well,  but it was heaving there too. When I told him about the lights he stuck around but didn't see anything. I was staying in north Liverpool myself on Friday night, but saw nothing.

My cousin's daughter stepped out of her house in Ainsdale and looked up too see a fantastic display. She took some nice photos with her phone. Last night we went to a show in town and had a look for the lights after midnight, but nothing. I'm not sure I'll ever see the damn things. We even went to Iceland* to see them a few years ago... and it was cloudy right through our stay.  :butt

*The country, not the supermarket. 😃
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7382 on: May 12, 2024, 03:21:19 pm »
Thunderstorms going off in Snowdonia just now. I know we are forecasted to get some in Liverpool later on. ⚡
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7383 on: May 12, 2024, 09:03:40 pm »

Oh, gutted I was sooo tired on Friday and just went to bed. Then wanted to go there last night, but it was cloudy from about 9pm, and I never went. :(
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7384 on: Yesterday at 08:03:38 am »
It's hammering down.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7385 on: Yesterday at 08:11:49 am »
I didn't manage to see the lights at all.  :-\

My cousin was at Burbo Bank on Friday night. He didn't know about the lights but said there were big queues to get into the car. He tried to get in by Crosby baths as well,  but it was heaving there too. When I told him about the lights he stuck around but didn't see anything. I was staying in north Liverpool myself on Friday night, but saw nothing.

My cousin's daughter stepped out of her house in Ainsdale and looked up too see a fantastic display. She took some nice photos with her phone. Last night we went to a show in town and had a look for the lights after midnight, but nothing. I'm not sure I'll ever see the damn things. We even went to Iceland* to see them a few years ago... and it was cloudy right through our stay.  :butt

*The country, not the supermarket. 😃

We missed it all too but our neighbour took some photos on Friday night.

Unfortunately she also captured the scabby side of our house so I won't be requesting any copies.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7386 on: Yesterday at 11:34:14 am »
Gutted that I missed the lights Friday, knew nothing about it until the missus was looking at the local FB group she's in sat morning on the train and seeing loads of pics :butt

Yesterday was sat outside a local bar when the storm started, went and got the kids tea from the chicken place they love and ended up having to get a taxi home as it was dancing down, the food would have been ruined if we'd have tried to walk home with it.
Jurgen YNWA