Author Topic: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤  (Read 245324 times)

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2023, 05:16:24 pm »
I thought he was fouled if its the we're talking about the same one.

You're absolutely right, I was just trying not to be too effusive  ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2023, 05:18:06 pm »
Bournemouth also have a very aggresive style of play for " lower team "

He did more than fine, and you'd assume with more prep he'll do even better.

Fabinho was never quick.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2023, 05:19:56 pm »
More than slow I think it looked like he is not up to speed with the team's tactics. Was sitting back screening the defence at times rather than hunting the ball with the press.

Not easy being dropped in few days after your transfer with 10 men.

You dont press when you are down to 10 men. We dropped into a mid block and at times a low block and we were for the most part excellent and remained compact. The lad did the correct thing tactically by holding that position in the double pivot with the Hungarian Maradona. I thought he did great in a crucial period that decided the outcome of the game. I didnt see a replay when he got dispossesed but that looked one of them which the ref gives a foul 9 times out of 10.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 05:21:31 pm by slotmachine »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2023, 05:20:54 pm »
That is most likely what he should be doing imo, maybe not the 5 yards but you get my point.

We just need someone who can do the basic defense work and give the ball to our creative players.
But when have ever asked our #6 to be that disciplined and cover so little ground?

In all likelihood he’ll have Mac Allister and Dom in front of him so he’s going to have acres of space he’ll need to cover.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2023, 05:21:52 pm »
Think he did ok considering no time with the team and subbed on,liked him receiving the ball on a half turn and recycling quickly near the end.

Not much to go on yet but can already see him becoming another player being made an ongoing object of RAWK trench warfare.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2023, 05:24:05 pm »
He was fine considering the circumstances, he understandably needs a bit of time to settle into the team and our set-up having only signed yesterday.

Offline oakton

• Main Stander
« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2023, 05:26:44 pm »
I thought he was OK.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2023, 05:28:00 pm »
He was fine, played how you’d expect somebody who was signed yesterday and thrown into a tough situation.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: August 19, 2023, 05:32:43 pm »
The critiquing and tactical nit-picking of a half hour appearance, when down to 10 men, of a guy that has had no training with us is frankly ridiculous. We got the 3 points, that's all that matters. Job done, move on.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: August 19, 2023, 05:35:34 pm »
Wow he’s really slow isn’t he.

Yeah there was once around 66 minute mark where he and I think Trent got skipped past and Trent managed to sprint past Endo and get back to the player on the ball leaving Endo trailing 5-10 yards behind.

Not sure how we’ll set up tactically with him in the team or what his strengths are just yet but he does look physically slow so not sure why you are getting so much hate for saying that.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #370 on: August 19, 2023, 05:37:22 pm »
But when have ever asked our #6 to be that disciplined and cover so little ground?

In all likelihood he’ll have Mac Allister and Dom in front of him so he’s going to have acres of space he’ll need to cover.

Depends how you want to look at it.

If we are going to play the way we did in pre season then I think yes.

The way we played previously in a 4-3-3 maybe not so much.

The massive difference in how we play 3-5-2, 3-3-2-2 or box formation or whatever from what I have seen is that there is too many players joining the attack.

Look at the way City defend or Arsenal its normally a split of 5 and 5.

In pre season and some games ending last year it was more 6 attacking with 4 defending with at times 7 attacking.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #371 on: August 19, 2023, 05:37:32 pm »
Yeah there was once around 66 minute mark where he and I think Trent got skipped past and Trent managed to sprint past Endo and get back to the player on the ball leaving Endo trailing 5-10 yards behind.

Not sure how we’ll set up tactically with him in the team or what his strengths are just yet but he does look physically slow so not sure why you are getting so much hate for saying that.
Yup, that’s the exact moment that I recall too.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline JHova2427

• Enjoys a nice bit of halibut and is prepared to get stoned for it. 2427 times.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: August 19, 2023, 05:40:23 pm »

Yes it was slightly worrying. But let’s see. The other parts of the package looked solid for a player being tossed in to a side down a man after 36 hours.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #373 on: August 19, 2023, 05:40:34 pm »
Remember people saying similar about Gakpo, not quick enough, not strong enough, dithering, all the hits.

He'll be boss.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: August 19, 2023, 05:40:56 pm »

Trent was poor in this passage of play, he flew in but was soft in the challenge, Endo slowed down because it looked like Trent was dealing with it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2023, 05:42:04 pm »
The guy has barely had a training session with us yet!  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2023, 05:44:38 pm »
Yes it was slightly worrying. But let’s see. The other parts of the package looked solid for a player being tossed in to a side down a man after 36 hours.
Of course, I’m certainly not writing him off or anything like that. But for me it’s more than slight worry considering what we need from a #6.

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2023, 05:46:39 pm »

We have to have in mind that the guy came over just two days ago. Heavy legs are to be expected. Bit saying he will be rapid or anything, but it's quite tiresome to have medical, signing day, and then directly to a match.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2023, 05:47:01 pm »
Trent was poor in this passage of play, he flew in but was soft in the challenge, Endo slowed down because it looked like Trent was dealing with it.

That could’ve been the case that he chose to slow down just watching it live looked like he was stuck in treacle, but it’s probably been a tiring few days for him so could end up being a bit of an anomaly. Either way he’s barely trained with us and and I have no idea how we set up with him in the side 11v11 so I’ll leave any other assessments until he’s had a decent run in the side.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 05:48:33 pm by Rosario »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2023, 05:51:02 pm »

sod that Jill, he’s had plenty of time!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2023, 05:56:13 pm »
I thought he looked decent. But really not enough to judge him on, good or bad

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2023, 05:56:14 pm »

Facts never override opinions Jill, especially football fans opinions.

They're minds are already made up so unless he transforms into the 2nd coming of *whichever legend is their no.1* he'll never be good enough.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2023, 05:56:55 pm »
No issues at all. Came in and did what he needed to do, considering the circumstances.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2023, 05:57:59 pm »

Facts never override opinions Jill, especially football fans opinions.

They're minds are already made up so unless he transforms into the 2nd coming of *whichever legend is their no.1* he'll never be good enough.

Apparently!  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: August 19, 2023, 05:58:34 pm »
I thought he looked good for just joining. Helped down a man. He seems very good fit has a squad player

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #385 on: August 19, 2023, 05:59:41 pm »
Exactly.

From pre season to Liverpool, to being introduced in a premier league game after a sending off, literally could see him moving  from an amble mode to sprint mode and also clocking his position.

Szoboszlai is boss by the way and fuck the ref with Macallister.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2023, 06:02:53 pm »
Of course, I’m certainly not writing him off or anything like that. But for me it’s more than slight worry considering what we need from a #6.
I think we don't need to see the game today to know he's not fast, but from the youtube clips I saw he's certainly faster than what he showed today. Maybe just a case of heavy legs. Other than that nothing should be read from this game though. And let's not forget Fabinho in his first few months with us didn't look promising at all.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2023, 06:05:13 pm »
I assumed he’d be expected to fight fires in midfield, not sure how anyone can do that without pace? It was a massive issue with Fab in there last season.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2023, 06:07:38 pm »
I assumed he’d be expected to fight fires in midfield, not sure how anyone can do that without pace? It was a massive issue with Fab in there last season.

FFS man.  He's been here 5 minutes, with no team training or very little and we were down to 10.  How brilliant do you think he should be?

Give the lad a fucking chance!  Jesus.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2023, 06:09:50 pm »
I think we don't need to see the game today to know he's not fast, but from the youtube clips I saw he's certainly faster than what he showed today. Maybe just a case of heavy legs. Other than that nothing should be read from this game though. And let's not forget Fabinho in his first few months with us didn't look promising at all.
I didn’t watch any videos of him beforehand so I didn’t know what to expect. The problem with saying he didn’t look that slow before is that you’re judging him against players in a different league. Everyone knows the Premier League is probably the fastest and most energetic in the world and on first showing he looked well off the pace.

I haven’t made any comments or judgements on his overall display other than he looks very slow, I’m more then open minded on those aspects.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2023, 06:22:40 pm »
All the transfer melts scurrying in here like rats to have a pop.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2023, 06:28:03 pm »
All the transfer melts scurrying in here like rats to have a pop.

Which transfer thread regulars are you talking about?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2023, 06:31:27 pm »
Far, far too early to judge either way. We'll have a better idea how he fits in a month and a firm idea of his level around Christmas.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #393 on: August 19, 2023, 06:33:24 pm »

Did he usually play that high up the pitch for Stuttgart.

He was very high today with Szoboslai being the deeper midfield player. Didn't know whether it was an instruction from Klopp or whether he is the type of six that likes to push up.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2023, 06:35:03 pm »
Been in the country 48 hours? Not a single training session?

I don't think he was supposed to help us today. We were supposed to help him by giving him 10 minutes when the game was won.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #395 on: August 19, 2023, 06:37:05 pm »

And Fabinho had a full pre season and was gradually eased in during his first season.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2023, 06:49:06 pm »
He is not the paciest, but I think he played slower than he will after a few weeks of training. His positioning will improve as he learns to anticipate where everyone will be, so pace shouldn't be a big issue. (Fab wasn't exactly as the races even in his pomp.) I thought Endo had some nice passing plays that kept possession when we needed it. That'll do for day one, I reckon.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 07:00:04 pm by wemmick »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2023, 06:51:59 pm »
Not a bad showing after all the five minutes of training with his new mates. I hope Macca's red is overturned on appeal, so Endo can help unleash Macca and Szobo
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: August 19, 2023, 06:55:30 pm »
Dude is still learning who his teammates names are. Give him a chance peeps.
Was about to say the exact same.  He's only just learned where the gents are.  He's gonna be damn good for us.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: August 19, 2023, 07:00:50 pm »
And Fabinho had a full pre season and was gradually eased in during his first season.
Yeah but yeah but yeah but ...... :)