Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Manchester United v Liverpool, Sunday the 7th of April  (Read 19458 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Manchester United v Liverpool, Sunday the 7th of April
« Reply #80 on: April 5, 2024, 01:39:33 pm »
Full backs I'd have tended to wanting the same as last game there - Bradley/Gomez. Although if we start without Endo again I think starting Robbo would be an easier option to choose, as there'd be less requirement for the left back to help build from the back alongside Mac and another.

Not saying I'd do this, but there's also a chance we see Robbo and Gomez start, with Bradley held for the second half, just reading into last night's subs and Bradley having played so much football recently and looking a little fatigued for the first time.

Midfield it seems like I'm in the minority here, but it's Mac and Szobo plus one. On the face of the subs we saw/whose most fit I'd go Szobo left, Elliot right, Mac deepest. But obviously would be delighted to start Jones (left, with Szobo right) if we think it's possible too, as that's brought our most complete midfield performances this season.

Based on how Endo plus Mac in last two appearances against United and also the Brighton game, I'd have been nervous about playing them again (not least because we then often end up with one or both on a yellow, and no senior option to bring on to play deepest who'd be able to take a card). But the combination of Endo's knock and his two game ban risk might make any positive selection headaches/questions a bit easier to answer - don't see any need to remove some of our best ball playing and controlling ability against a team that's going to sit back, while also putting up a less dynamic and fast midfield at handling being countered.

Front three picks itself. Diaz has run himself into the ground for us, and Nunez has just played 90 minutes, so I hope we play a more attacking/less conservative midfield (as already mentioned), so that we can create chances in the first 65 minutes before any fatigue starts to show or subs need to be made.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 5, 2024, 01:52:25 pm »
                    Kelleher
 Bradley--Konate--VVd-- Robertson
          Elliot---Endo---Mac
       Salah---Nunez----Diaz

Id go with this. All out attack.
Football is a lie

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: April 5, 2024, 01:56:54 pm »
if we don't score first - and second - we will be in deep shit. 

last game vs them, and last night, shows our players start switching off if the oppo presents little or no threat, and we get bitten badly.

we HAVE to knock off the complacency.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #83 on: April 5, 2024, 01:59:27 pm »

last game vs them, and last night, shows our players start switching off if the oppo presents little or no threat, and we get bitten badly.

Yeah, it was horrible watching it in the cup game...never seen a team so accepting of defeat let off the hook, for ages...until the belief came back to them...

I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 5, 2024, 02:02:46 pm »
                    Kelleher
 Bradley--Konate--VVd-- Robertson
          Elliot---Endo---Mac
       Salah---Nunez----Diaz

Id go with this. All out attack.

I'd stick with Dom over Elliot, he has better pace and physicality.

If we are ahead I'd then bring on Jones at 60 for ball retention and Elliott on for one of the attackers and play keep ball with the extra man in midfield.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 5, 2024, 03:18:14 pm »
These are proper shit… but it’s their cup final so expecting a difficult afternoon.
With the correct attitude and a good performance we will win..but I thought the same a few weeks ago.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #86 on: April 5, 2024, 04:25:08 pm »

If we concede first, we're pretty good at sorting that out.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #87 on: April 5, 2024, 05:18:28 pm »
I dont know what the fuck is our problem with conceding huge chances to the opposition in the first 5 minutes of virtually every game but this needs to stop here.

An earlish goal for us and even better a couple of goals before halftime and their horrific supporters will 100% turn on their own team and manager making this a relatively easy game.

Concede first and we are in for another helter skelter game where their crowd can lift them.

Their strength is in the pace of their wide men on the counter, I'd personally choose Gomez and Robertson to deal with that.  We need to get Szoboszlai in behind their midfield again to drive at the man utd back 4 and this time for us to pick the better passing options in the 4 v 4s we'll get.

Is there any news on Konate? It looked like a heavy knock he took last night, that could be problematic when the adrenaline stopped.

Kelleher
Gomez
Robertson
Konate
VVD
Endo
Mac Allister
Szoboszlai
Diaz
Nunez
Salah

Same team as last time for me, bar Konate coming in.  Bradley, Elliott, Gapko need to do way better off the bench if they come on at Old Trafford again, our performance collapsed last time after the subs at a time that we were in complete control of the 2nd half.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2024, 05:21:06 pm by William Regal »

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 5, 2024, 05:18:30 pm »
They have had on average 25+ shots against them in previous 5 games. A spanking is on the way whether it will be us, I hope.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 5, 2024, 05:21:59 pm »
If we concede first, we're pretty good at sorting that out.
that's a well you don't want to go to too many times.  they score first then the ref / VAR remember where their loyalties lie and yellow-card us into the ground.  last night showed us a game can turn on a dime, any time.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 5, 2024, 05:32:28 pm »
They are going to raise their game because its us they are playing and its up to us to be ready and to deal with it. I expect Klopp to have done his magic by Sunday and our lads will be ready this time with the last meeting still giving them nightmares. Play to our strengths and not theirs and we will win.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 5, 2024, 05:39:01 pm »
They are going to raise their game because its us they are playing and its up to us to be ready and to deal with it. I expect Klopp to have done his magic by Sunday and our lads will be ready this time with the last meeting still giving them nightmares. Play to our strengths and not theirs and we will win.
Their game raising can only be in the form a determined rearguard. They just can't go toe to toe with us so two periods are important to them:
1. The first 15 minutes because if they get an early goal then it sets the tone
2. The last ten minute if the scoreline is close because at that point they'd have nothing to lose.

Basically,  we'll have around an hour to put them away and we need to be ruthless and not fuck around.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #92 on: April 5, 2024, 05:58:48 pm »
that's a well you don't want to go to too many times.  they score first then the ref / VAR remember where their loyalties lie and yellow-card us into the ground.  last night showed us a game can turn on a dime, any time.

Our well is pretty deep
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 5, 2024, 06:05:07 pm »
Our well is pretty deep

Sound like something JC the Messiah would say*

*from my limited knowledge

Offline jj2005

• Kemlynite
« Reply #94 on: April 5, 2024, 07:20:06 pm »
Man Utd need a win to keep their slim title hopes alive!

But seriously if it's level late on Man Utd will need to push on for a winner, that loss to Chelsea means they can't afford to draw any more games in the hunt for CL spots. Chelsea close to catching them for the Europa League spot also.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #95 on: April 5, 2024, 07:49:32 pm »
I reckon we diddle these this time.

Proper do-ever.

Mark Goldbridge will be soiled.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 5, 2024, 09:12:37 pm »
Secretly, Goldbridge wants us to thump them as it helps 1) get his ratings up and 2) hastens the demise of Chrome Dome.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #97 on: April 5, 2024, 09:25:09 pm »
Khelleher
Bradley -Konate-VVD-Robbo
Sobo - Endo - McA
Salah - Nunez - Diaz

Anything available better than that? Possibly Curtis over Sobo but it depends on fitness. And I'd prefer to keep Elliott off the bench.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 5, 2024, 09:27:20 pm »
Man Utd will be up for it so we cannot be complacent. We also need to be a bit more ruthless in the final third, as just lately it has felt like we knock on the door for ages before finally scoring.

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #99 on: April 5, 2024, 09:45:33 pm »
Play the game and not the occasion and we should smash these shower of gobshites.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 6, 2024, 01:27:06 am »
We need to hurt them.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 6, 2024, 07:51:14 am »
Imagine the emotional roller coaster Man U's players have been on in the last 7 days..

The high of thinking that Mount had returned from a long injury layoff to score the winner only to see defeat snatched from the jaws of victory...

Then they go to Chelsea a mere 5 days later and fall behind by 2 goals, somehow fight all the way back to 3-2 and then lose the game to 2 late goals in injury time.

If they are not emotionally dead and unable to get up for this, then they are some kind of emotionless sociopaths.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #103 on: April 6, 2024, 08:10:01 am »
Villa at home are the only team we've beat in the top 6 . That has to change with these, Spurs and Villa away to come. We need to step up our concentration and game management in some of these matches.

What's out of our control is the officials though. We've also been screwed in most of these games by big decisions.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 6, 2024, 08:31:14 am »
Villa at home are the only team we've beat in the top 6 . That has to change with these, Spurs and Villa away to come. We need to step up our concentration and game management in some of these matches.

What's out of our control is the officials though. We've also been screwed in most of these games by big decisions.

Remember where the Diaz goal debacle happened?

Spurs game is at Anfield

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #105 on: April 6, 2024, 08:46:27 am »
I'd like to see us walk off when they start their barrage of hate.

Let's see the media and TV stations ignore the problem then.

Liverpool leaving the field of play after two minutes would certainly highlight the issue and the proof will be right there for everyone to hear.

When they sing their fucking shite again - the game should be abandoned and a neutral venue with no fans should be chosen in my view.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #106 on: April 6, 2024, 08:48:33 am »

Chelsea 'draw' - no handball for the raised hand and a shady offside with dodgy lines drawn

Arsenal - basketball hands - no penalty

Spurs. Legitimate goal not given, Jones sent off after winning the ball, Jota sent off after first  not touching a man, then getting fouled and kicking the ball away when the ref fucked him over on that

City. Defender boots Liverpool player in the chest in the area. No penalty of course for the non-biased PGMOL
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 6, 2024, 08:50:13 am »
https://x.com/LFC/status/1776516440977547503

Interesting stat at the end by Tyler!  :P

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #108 on: April 6, 2024, 09:38:26 am »
This will be super tough as we play after the other two, United will turn up and play like Brazil 1970 and the Officials will allow them to do what they want.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #109 on: April 6, 2024, 09:57:37 am »
They are on -1 goal difference after 30 games, and have lost 12 times already (twelve!). They also have West Ham, Newcastle and Brighton battling for European spots so are under real pressure. Let's make it 13 defeats and move Ten Hag one step closer to the exit door.

We'll need pace at the back for their counters, but we should easily win the midfield battle. I'm sure Mo will score his customary goal/s against them, and Darwin is in fine form and should run them ragged. They'll no doubt raise their game as they did in the cup, but if we can silence the crowd and manage the game we should be fine.

8 more cup finals to the finish line.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #110 on: April 6, 2024, 10:05:59 am »
Yeah.

Lets work on the goal difference.   ;D +4   

edit. You see, talk of gd before Sheffield just made me nervous but talking about gd before the mancs just makes me happy.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2024, 10:08:22 am by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 6, 2024, 10:07:07 am »
Yeah.

Lets work on the goal difference.   ;D +4   
quoted so we all know who to blame now ;)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #112 on: April 6, 2024, 10:09:55 am »
quoted so we all know who to blame now ;)

Your awestruck post match praise will be the nectar of the gods  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 6, 2024, 10:11:30 am »

Your awestruck post match praise will be the nectar of the gods  ;D
i'd be so willing!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #114 on: April 6, 2024, 10:13:13 am »
Front three picks itself - Diaz, Nunez, Salah
Two of the midfield pick themselves - Endo, Mac
Two of the defence pick themselves (fitness permitting) - VVD Konate

Leaving the question marks over;
Jones or Dom
Two from Bradley, Gomez and Roberton

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #115 on: April 6, 2024, 10:17:18 am »
Front three picks itself - Diaz, Nunez, Salah
Two of the midfield pick themselves - Endo, Mac
Two of the defence pick themselves (fitness permitting) - VVD Konate

Leaving the question marks over;
Jones or Dom
Two from Bradley, Gomez and Roberton

Robbo and Dom must start. Gomez can invert if we decide to go with that but Bradley has dealt with real pace really well in other games.

Jones looked a bit gassed at the end on Thursday so need to build his fitness.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #116 on: April 6, 2024, 10:19:00 am »
Khelleher
Bradley -Konate-VVD-Robbo
Sobo - Endo - McA
Salah - Nunez - Diaz

Anything available better than that? Possibly Curtis over Sobo but it depends on fitness. And I'd prefer to keep Elliott off the bench.

Yeah don’t want Endo in this game really  .. depends on how fit Curtis is, if he’s fit you’d want him … and you want to get Elliot on the pitch from the start.
Playing a 424 makes a ton of sense vs these with Elliott on the right and a Mac/Szoboslai pivot
The most important thing is to get our creative passers and attacking full backs on the pitch 

Offline legs11

• Boys Pen
« Reply #117 on: April 6, 2024, 10:20:02 am »
They are on -1 goal difference after 30 games, and have lost 12 times already (twelve!). They also have West Ham, Newcastle and Brighton battling for European spots so are under real pressure. Let's make it 13 defeats and move Ten Hag one step closer to the exit door.

We'll need pace at the back for their counters, but we should easily win the midfield battle. I'm sure Mo will score his customary goal/s against them, and Darwin is in fine form and should run them ragged. They'll no doubt raise their game as they did in the cup, but if we can silence the crowd and manage the game we should be fine.

8 more cup finals to the finish line.

I'd actually prefer a slim victory for us that offers some hope to them which means they keep Ten Hag next season. Playing Poker not snap  :)

Offline jj2005

• Kemlynite
« Reply #118 on: April 6, 2024, 10:24:03 am »
Very little chance of a 1-0 win I reckon, but good memories of previous such results there.
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1776516440977547503?t=zGj6FX3C9i8eg5Qkb7uKMA&s=19

Crazy stat at the end

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 6, 2024, 10:27:59 am »
I'd have Robbo back in the team, just gives us so much more going forward