Author Topic: 2015/16 TV games  (Read 44119 times)

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: 2015/16 TV games
« Reply #40 on: July 3, 2015, 01:30:56 pm »
Have they honestly thought giving the Bournemouth fans a 600 mile, 10 hour round trip on a Monday night is a good idea?!

First away in the Premier League at one of the most historic grounds in the country and they stick it on a Monday night ::)

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 3, 2015, 01:33:15 pm »
Have they honestly thought giving the Bournemouth fans a 600 mile, 10 hour round trip on a Monday night is a good idea?!

Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

And the Liverpool away lot may as well see if they can get a lift back for Arsenal the following Monday.

Once again, Premier league and Sky treat supporters like shit. And nothing will change.

Fuck "football"

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 3, 2015, 01:39:43 pm »

the barcodes have something similar with a trip to west ham on a monday night.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 3, 2015, 01:40:31 pm »
Bournemouth have probably what is the biggest ever match to date and now they'll all have to take the day off work and will get home at about 7.0 am the next morning.

The following week much of our local support will have to swerve Arsenal, but when we play 30 miles away it's half five on a Saturday when everyone's been on the ale all day.

Dick heads.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 3, 2015, 01:42:34 pm »
Very poor decision for the Bournemouth fans to schedule it on a Monday night ...

What do Sky care though

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: July 3, 2015, 01:42:42 pm »
Are you going Max?

Bournemouth or Arsenal? ;D

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #46 on: July 3, 2015, 01:43:58 pm »

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 3, 2015, 01:44:20 pm »
What do Sky care though

They don't care about fans one dot.

The Arsenal game would be a perfect game to boycott. Monday night, London prices, Sky.

Of course it won't happen.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #48 on: July 3, 2015, 01:45:35 pm »

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #49 on: July 3, 2015, 01:46:15 pm »
Arsenal away Monday night suits me off work then  :)

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #50 on: July 3, 2015, 01:46:35 pm »

The Arsenal game would be a perfect game to boycott. Monday night, London prices, Sky.

already boycotting arsenal away.... I'm on holiday for it  ;)  ;D

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #51 on: July 3, 2015, 01:47:16 pm »

You wouldn't notice there - too many tkts go to daytrippers one way or another and people won't pay £68 and waste it (me included even though I agree with the principle)
We are a team of one half.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 3, 2015, 01:48:13 pm »
You wouldn't notice there - too many tkts go to daytrippers one way or another and people won't pay £68 and waste it (me included even though I agree with the principle)
what about kids tickets tho?? Especially with prem initiative??

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 3, 2015, 01:58:38 pm »
Also note that Liverpool v West Ham will be moved to Sunday if West Ham get through to the Play Off round of the EL

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 3, 2015, 02:02:29 pm »
Also note that Liverpool v West Ham will be moved to Sunday if West Ham get through to the Play Off round of the EL
they ain't been announced yet but early one for you is Everton away will be Sunday 4th October due to Europa.

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We're on the march with Jurgen's army
« Reply #55 on: July 3, 2015, 02:06:17 pm »
I'm sure GMP are delighted with a 5.30pm kick off for our game at Old Trafford!

It seems Sky are now more powerful than the police. First the derby last season and now this one. It's incredible that these games were always 12.45 or 2pm when on the weekend and now they're on at 5.30!

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 3, 2015, 02:08:04 pm »
I remember when Newcastle v Sunderland was scheduled for 4pm Sunday, the police wanted it pushing back to 1.30pm. Sky refused, and it ended up being 4pm Sunday..

Sky now more powerful than the police... great stuff!

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57 on: July 3, 2015, 02:14:49 pm »
Villa v Man Utd is on a Friday night due to an EDL march on the Saturday.

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We're on the march with Jurgen's army
« Reply #58 on: July 3, 2015, 02:25:29 pm »

So if West Ham get through our first Saturday home match will be the 26th September v Villa, unless Sky change it again.

♫Every other Saturday's me half day off, so it's off to the match I go..................♫  :butt

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #59 on: July 3, 2015, 03:13:18 pm »
United away is not on the Sunday, it is on Saturday 12th, the cricket is the following day.

I think that's what he was saying, that's the reason it can't be on the Sunday as people had thought it might be.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #60 on: July 3, 2015, 03:45:57 pm »
I think that's what he was saying, that's the reason it can't be on the Sunday as people had thought it might be.
Ahhh, I mis understood his post...I've deleted mine now.

Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 3, 2015, 04:01:35 pm »
What is disgusting is they had alternative options not to put the supporters out - it seems Sky were basically saying we do what we want.

Does the timing of a match effect the viewing figures - I would say no it will allways be the Teams involved

I hope the fan groups rip into Sky about their choice of games especially when they had alternatives

the weekend of the 14th to 17th Aug Sky have chosen a local derby AFC v Palace for sunday 1.30pm which logic says should of been the Monday Night game not LFC V Bmouth

And again 22nd to 24th  Instead of making the localish Everton v City game the Monday night one they chose AFC v LFC

And weekend of the 12th-14th Sept instead of Everton v West Ham they could of taken there pick of leicester v Villa or even us v Mancs

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #62 on: July 3, 2015, 04:08:11 pm »
Both?

Undecided about Arsenal yet, could be on a jolly again.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 3, 2015, 06:15:16 pm »
What is disgusting is they had alternative options not to put the supporters out - it seems Sky were basically saying we do what we want.

Does the timing of a match effect the viewing figures - I would say no it will allways be the Teams involved

I hope the fan groups rip into Sky about their choice of games especially when they had alternatives

the weekend of the 14th to 17th Aug Sky have chosen a local derby AFC v Palace for sunday 1.30pm which logic says should of been the Monday Night game not LFC V Bmouth

And again 22nd to 24th  Instead of making the localish Everton v City game the Monday night one they chose AFC v LFC

And weekend of the 12th-14th Sept instead of Everton v West Ham they could of taken there pick of leicester v Villa or even us v Mancs

And if you look at the BT Sport matches, almost all of those are a long journey for the away fans to get to the match for 12.45.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 3, 2015, 06:17:46 pm »

Just looked and last season the kids tickets were £15.  I'd happily pay that and not go.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #65 on: July 3, 2015, 06:30:43 pm »
I booked the train today for it today. £13 return. Just got to get 2 tickets nearer the time. Hoping there should be spares for it now with it being a monday night.

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #66 on: July 3, 2015, 07:12:17 pm »
I booked the train today for it today. £13 return. Just got to get 2 tickets nearer the time. Hoping there should be spares for it now with it being a monday night.

I've just had my arse slapped for £66 train and £72 hotel, chuck in a match ticket and a bit of food and drink and it's the price of a European away.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #67 on: July 3, 2015, 08:52:48 pm »
I've just had my arse slapped for £66 train and £72 hotel, chuck in a match ticket and a bit of food and drink and it's the price of a European away.

That's from Nuneaton to Euston though for me so not as far. Staying over Monday night now i'v got both days off work

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #68 on: July 3, 2015, 09:07:15 pm »

Could get moved to a Monday maybe?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 3, 2015, 09:20:40 pm »
That arsenal away is an absolute joke.

United away has potential though, surprised it's been allowed the late kick off rather than early
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #70 on: July 3, 2015, 09:44:50 pm »
Monday suits me. My normal day off. 36 quid return Cambridge to lime street :-)

Online xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #71 on: July 4, 2015, 12:55:34 am »
Could get moved to a Monday maybe?

Internationals that week. Can't be a monday.

I booked for the saturday though, completely forgot about West Ham in EL qualifiers.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 4, 2015, 01:00:04 am »
More incompetence by Sky

Organisers of the Great North Run and Metro bosses say they are concerned after Sunderland's match against Spurs was moved for TV

Football fans face could be faced with an unenviable choice after TV sport bosses moved Sunderland’s first televised Premier League match of the season to Great North Run day.

The Black Cats home tie against Tottenham Hotspur at the Stadium of Light is now scheduled to kick off at 1.30pm on Sunday September 13.

But more than 100,000 people will be only five miles north in South Shields for the end of one of the world’s biggest half marathons - leading to fears that transport systems and police could be overstretched, and that supporters may have to choose between running and raising money for charity or supporting their club.

David Hart, of Great North Run organisers the Great Run Company, said he was concerned about the potential clash.

“We are aware of the Sunderland match being scheduled for the afternoon of the Great North Run and are in contact with the relevant authorities to express our concerns,” he said.

“The last time there was a potential clash was in 2011 and the kick off at the Stadium of Light was subsequently moved back to a 3pm kick off.

“The date for this year’s Great North Run, Britain’s biggest mass participation running event, was announced last September.”

A spokesman for Metro owner Nexus said the clash could mean it was unable to put on extra services to get fans to and from the match.

“The Great North Run is Metro’s busiest day of the year, with 100,000 passengers journeys, which is why we specify extra train services to move people to and from South Shields,” he said.

“Should a Premier League fixture take place at the Stadium of Light on the same day then we would be unable to provide any additional Metro trains for the Sunderland line.

“Metro trains and staff will be fully committed providing safe management of the run and so would be unable to provide those normal additional services and crowd control at Sunderland. Bus companies will also face difficulties due to the strain on the road network.

“There would still be five trains an hours between Pelaw and South Hylton on the day of the game. Trains will be much busier and fans will need to plan their journeys in advance and look out for any extra travel advice in the run up to the game.

“We would welcome further discussions with the Premier League and the broadcaster about the scheduling of this game.”

Many fans took to social media, branding the timing of the match “silly” and “a disgrace.”

“50k plus running. Roads closed. Thousands watching. Poor show and bad planning indeed. Needs changed ASAP,” said Mark Henderson.

Ross Robson agreed: “That’s going to be horrendous for those travelling from Tyneside,” he said.

Assistant Chief Constable Jo Farrell from Northumbria Police, said: “The force raised concerns, on behalf of ourselves and our partners, about the game being held on the same day as the Great North Run, however the Premier League and the club scheduled it as a lunchtime kick off.

“Northumbria Police has limited scope to influence the timing of Premier League Fixtures. The Premier League and the football clubs set them and they can only be changed by the Local Authority if there are significant safety concerns.

“The force is well experienced in policing large scale events and should the fixture go ahead on September 13 the public can be reassured that our officers will be doing all they can to ensure the safety of everyone attending the events.”

www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/great-north-run-concerns-sunderland-9583219

Super stuff!

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #73 on: July 4, 2015, 10:16:40 am »
Is there still a maximum amount of Monday matches per team like last season?

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #74 on: July 4, 2015, 12:36:31 pm »
Is there still a maximum amount of Monday matches per team like last season?

It's 4 per season. Not sure about the season after this one when the new tv deal kicks in.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #75 on: July 4, 2015, 12:41:56 pm »
It'll be interesting how the away at Man Utd goes, if it goes smooth off the pitch the plod won't be able to force early kickoffs in future.
#Sausages

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #76 on: July 4, 2015, 01:36:21 pm »
It's 4 per season. Not sure about the season after this one when the new tv deal kicks in.

So 2 done in August.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 4, 2015, 01:58:21 pm »

Don't go then? Vote with your feet.

Shit like this TV bullshit makes me hate football. If LFC for any reason went under, I don't think I'd ever watch it again.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #78 on: July 4, 2015, 02:07:51 pm »

From next season there are Friday night games as well as Monday night games.
#Sausages

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #79 on: July 4, 2015, 07:31:41 pm »
Internationals that week. Can't be a monday.

I booked for the saturday though, completely forgot about West Ham in EL qualifiers.

Thank fuck it won't be a Monday.