Author Topic: Europa Final  (Read 175138 times)

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Re: Europa Final
« Reply #1360 on: May 16, 2016, 03:42:10 pm »
Just our bag to pack later, money, tickets, passports sorted, train tickets and flight checkin's all done and printed off, hotel check in done,  fly out tomorrow.

UP THE FUCKING REDS 

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf  :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf

:champ

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #1361 on: May 16, 2016, 03:47:06 pm »
Just our bag to pack later, money, tickets, passports sorted, train tickets and flight checkin's all done and printed off, hotel check in done,  fly out tomorrow.

UP THE FUCKING REDS 

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf  :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf

:champ

Have a nice one John!

Offline TheRedMonarch8

• Main Stander
« Reply #1362 on: May 16, 2016, 04:04:58 pm »
Are there still no details on designated squares from UEFA or the club?

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #1363 on: May 16, 2016, 04:17:02 pm »
I just wanted to wish everyone on the forum going to the game a safe trip. Enjoy yourselves and most importantly bring the Europa back home. All the best everyone.

Offline Mullalove

• Main Stander
  • Unluckeee!
« Reply #1364 on: May 16, 2016, 04:31:25 pm »
Now I'm a believer.

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1366 on: May 16, 2016, 04:36:45 pm »
Any Reds passing through Luzern en route, the Anfield Pub is absolutely ace. Good people

Where having a couple of days there after the game,is that in Luzern town centre?

Offline Mullalove

• Main Stander
  • Unluckeee!
« Reply #1367 on: May 16, 2016, 04:40:35 pm »
Guessing there's free coaches/trains from the airport into Basel centre using the matchday ticket? Can't work out where these zones 11 & 14 are.

I arrive as Basel airport from liverpool at 11am on the wednesday.
Now I'm a believer.

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1368 on: May 16, 2016, 04:41:28 pm »
I'll be staying there too on wed. Will bring a crate in the car!

Sounds good!

Offline away.days

• .numbered
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1369 on: May 16, 2016, 04:50:04 pm »
Hope you all have a great time, pls bring the cup home.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:51:39 pm by away.days »

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: May 16, 2016, 04:54:11 pm »
Some decent information on here if you are staying over in Basel or one of its suburbs:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Basel

From the airport, visitors can rent a car, though the most comfortable ways of getting into centre are
*Taking bus 11 from the French exit to the railway station in St Louis and changing to the Basel commuter train to Basel SBB station.
*Taking the bus no. 50 from right outside the Swiss arrivals area to the Basel SBB train station. Most hotels offer a free mobility pass, which includes bus transport to and from the airport, so your printed hotel reservation might allow you free transport.

Mobility Pass: All hotels in Basel, including the youth hostel, offer each registered guest a free "Mobility Pass" upon check in. This gives free unlimited travel in Basel and suburbs (including to and from the airport) for the duration of their stay. This is easily worth the price of a lunch every day you stay. (If you have written confirmation of a hotel reservation you can also use this to travel from the railway station or airport to your hotel. At least one respected hotel in Basel advertises this fact on their web site.)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1372 on: May 16, 2016, 05:03:51 pm »
Work is done! Off home now to pack and spend some time with the kids as I'll be away for 3 nights. Cannot wait for this! Safe trip to you all, I'll see a load of you over in Basel anyway, you know who you are  ;)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1373 on: May 16, 2016, 05:20:39 pm »
Not just the 46" JVC teles on the squares after all then...for people without tickets....

UPDATE - Public Viewing Areas - Big Screens

We've received confirmation today (Monday 16th)  that there will be two big screens (50m sq) showing the match in the city centre on matchday. These will be in Barfusserplatz (the Liverpool fans' meeting area) and in the neutral Fan Zone at Munsterplatz
- See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/liverpool-fans-guide-to-basel-2#sthash.PNEChmSA.dpuf

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1374 on: May 16, 2016, 05:22:06 pm »
Cannot wait!! Catching my flight in 6 hours, going via Istanbul as well. Omen ?  ;D .
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1375 on: May 16, 2016, 05:26:47 pm »
On the 8:10 gatwick to Basel in the morning can't wait had a great trip in Basel last time especially in the Mr Pickwick pub

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1376 on: May 16, 2016, 05:34:43 pm »
18.35 Heathrow to Basel tomorrow. Online check-in opens in an hour.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: May 16, 2016, 06:03:02 pm »
Guessing there's free coaches/trains from the airport into Basel centre using the matchday ticket? Can't work out where these zones 11 & 14 are.

I arrive as Basel airport from liverpool at 11am on the wednesday.

If you have a hotel you can travel to your hotel within BAsel for free on the reservation. Then they give you a mobility ticket for duration in which you can use them all for free.

If you don't have a hotel in Basel - you can use your match ticket as transport for FOUR hours before, and then also to get back. Only in Basel though - not as generous as the Germans ones.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: May 16, 2016, 06:05:14 pm »
I'm unsure about something lads and lasses help me out.

Scarf. Are we all taking one?

I've never taken one for all my euro aways before but wondering if I do with it being a final...

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1379 on: May 16, 2016, 06:17:47 pm »
I'm like a kid at crimbo here, can't wait for tomorrow! A mini bus full for us, about half of us sorted with a brief. Leaving about 3:30am get into Metz tomorrow evening for a night there. Wednesday morning drive to Strausburg, drop our gear off and train up to basel. Train back to Strausburg 5am Thursday morning for a kip an the drive home. 2 of us flying to Benidorm for a stag do Thursday, gonna be a heavy week this. Up the fuckin reds!
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #1380 on: May 16, 2016, 06:46:18 pm »
How to spot the fakes , if anyone gets offered a ticket :

From Twitter : @Chris78Williams

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #1381 on: May 16, 2016, 06:58:49 pm »
Not gonna be able to sleep tonight! Leaving Heathrow at 2pm. Get into Basle at around 8pm and figure I'll just grab something to eat and a sneaky beer. How far is the town centre to the airport?

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: May 16, 2016, 07:06:49 pm »
On the 8:10 gatwick to Basel in the morning can't wait had a great trip in Basel last time especially in the Mr Pickwick pub

We are on that one too.

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1383 on: May 16, 2016, 07:14:22 pm »
Flight is sold out , full of reds . Might have a couple before in the bar just to relax like , purely medicinal

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1384 on: May 16, 2016, 07:15:09 pm »
I'm unsure about something lads and lasses help me out.

Scarf. Are we all taking one?

I've never taken one for all my euro aways before but wondering if I do with it being a final...

Our scarves have travelled all over Europe. Always take them.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #1385 on: May 16, 2016, 07:18:36 pm »
Work is annoying chocka but can't wait for Wednesday, out from Liverpool on 11:00 Ryanair and back Thursday evening, no tickets but assured by one of the lads he has sorted accomodation....can not fuckin wait for this, I have a good feeling in my bones it's going to be a trip well worth taking no matter how small the big screen turns out to be

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: May 16, 2016, 07:29:14 pm »
Finally sorted out some accommodation for us this afternoon. Staying in Mullhouse. Got 1 ticket through the extra sale on Saturday just need 1 more ticket which hopefully we can sort over there. Either way I cant wait for this. Leaving Speke Wednesday morning and going via Dublin

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #1387 on: May 16, 2016, 07:37:07 pm »
About to drive to Dover. See you there everyone, this will be a belter.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1388 on: May 16, 2016, 07:55:48 pm »
Bag packed, passport, money and importantly tickets all together - car filled up with fuel with a boot full of booze and food.

Will be watching GOT at 9pm with a Guinness (or 2) and then its an early night and up early tomorrow to drive down.

Cant fucking wait!! Come on redmen, lets make some history!!!

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :champ :champ :champ :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1389 on: May 16, 2016, 08:06:28 pm »
Anyone desperate for a room. I've got one in Mulhouse. Won't let me cancel it for free although it says two days before is free so not sure why.
Anyway, it's for Wednesday night. it's called 'Espace Squash 3000' and it's forty quid the night. Booked for two people. Think I can do a name change from my end , then I could email the booking confirmation to you.
PM if anyone interested
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: May 16, 2016, 08:09:47 pm »
18.35 Heathrow to Basel tomorrow. Online check-in opens in an hour.

I am on that one Alan, i will be the fella in full kit, been polishing me boots all morning. :D

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #1391 on: May 16, 2016, 08:13:52 pm »
8am Luton to Paris in the morning. Few hours in Paris then Train to Basel get to hotel about 7:30. Bags in then off into town :)

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1392 on: May 16, 2016, 08:34:35 pm »
If you have a hotel you can travel to your hotel within BAsel for free on the reservation. Then they give you a mobility ticket for duration in which you can use them all for free.

If you don't have a hotel in Basel - you can use your match ticket as transport for FOUR hours before, and then also to get back. Only in Basel though - not as generous as the Germans ones.

I saw the 4 hours before thing but saw this today saying free transport for the whole of the day of the final...not sure if this is misinformation or theyve changed it due to numbers...

Getting Around/Matchday Info

If you have a match ticket for the final, you can use Basel public transport free of charge in zones 10 and 13 (the city centre). You can use buses and trams for free all day on 18 May. The zone 10 ticket covers both fan meeting points, the neutral fan zone and the stadium, as well as all connections between car parks.

Some good info on this site,well worth a read http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/liverpool-fans-guide-to-basel-2

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1393 on: May 16, 2016, 08:38:49 pm »
Will be in Anfield bar Lucerne by tomorrow afternoon   8)

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1394 on: May 16, 2016, 08:49:51 pm »
So the journey begins for me as of now.
Meeting my mate at the train station then getting on it tonight till they chuck us out the club. Hopefully about 3.30 if.I last that long!
4.45 am train to stansted then 8.20 flight into Milan. Milan for the day and nighy then coach early morning into basel.
I can't fuckn wait!
Safe travels boys and girls.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #1395 on: May 16, 2016, 08:57:32 pm »
Fly from Birmingham to Brussels in the morning then fly to Zurich then train to basle. Be out in mulhouse by about 8 hopefully

Offline pompeyred

• lock up your bins
  • Anny Roader
  • NO PEACE TILL JUSTICE IS DONE JUSTICE FOR THE 97
« Reply #1396 on: May 16, 2016, 09:01:26 pm »
we get into basel airport around 10.30am 8am flight from gatwick, found a nice indian in basel for lunch, see in the fan park tomorrow night.

SOS Member #6283

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #1397 on: May 16, 2016, 09:08:02 pm »
Is anyone else on here on the 1300 flixbus from Milan to Basel on Wednesday?

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #1398 on: May 16, 2016, 09:20:48 pm »
8am Luton to Paris in the morning. Few hours in Paris then Train to Basel get to hotel about 7:30. Bags in then off into town :)
6pm flight Gatwick into Basel tomorrow...taxi into town... meeting few lads 10pm outside Basel main train station.. c ya there chris  :hally

9.30pm flight Zurich to gatwick thursday
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #1399 on: May 16, 2016, 09:21:23 pm »
All tucked up in bed, alarm clock goes off in 4 hours and the journey begins  8)

Cant wait!!!!!! See you all there lads and lasses!  :wave