Author Topic: The Office AKA The UK Office - 'The Good One' - If you don't like it, piss off  (Read 85847 times)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
I wonder how Merchant feels about these experiments with Brent.

Feels like he's had very little imput (to me at least). Cant help but get the feeling the working relationship between the two is on the wane.

I doubt Merchant had any input at all.

I don't think they'll be working together again - LTS was appalling and I think both have different ambitions now. Merchant has a new sitcom coming out sometime next year I think in the US while Gervais has Derek, his Brent stuff and another Golden Globes to present.

I wonder when/if we'll see Karl again.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I doubt Merchant had any input at all.

I don't think they'll be working together again - LTS was appalling and I think both have different ambitions now. Merchant has a new sitcom coming out sometime next year I think in the US while Gervais has Derek, his Brent stuff and another Golden Globes to present.

I wonder when/if we'll see Karl again.

Assumed as much.

Merchant will fare the better, I reckon. Gervais is already reaching.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Anyone seen the full length new video? Quite disappointing really. Seems as though Gervais is doing an impression of Brent rather than just being Brent. He has this slightly irritating new laugh and some of it was really trying too hard and wasn't funny. The actual song is great though.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Anyone seen the full length new video?

Link?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Link?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYPBVDZ8_Bs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vYPBVDZ8_Bs</a>
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Just watching the Christmas Special on Gold at the moment, what a brilliant ending.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Just watching the Christmas Special on Gold at the moment, what a brilliant ending.
By a distance their best special I reckon and possibly the best thing they've done.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Watched the first series and I never really enjoyed it THAT much considering it's reputation, not near level of Father Ted, Blackadder etc imo.

Does it pick up or is it just not my cup of tea?

I enjoy Gervais/Merchant's podcast and stand up tho
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
"Oh no, what's this? Boss and team leader in night out shock horror... it says here"
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
This thread has just prompted me to sit on YouTube to watch Office clips.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think they'll be working together again

That's a shame if that happens.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
David Brent: My only worry is that the powers that be don't come down here and pop their head around the door with their rulebook and go, "oh, hold on, what's going on here? These people are mucking around, right, whilst getting the job done! They're having a laugh at work with the sword of Damacles hanging over them! Right? This isn't in the rulebook! Who's in charge here?" "Guilty! Get a new rulebook! Alright?"

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
"We're both good in our own fields. I'm sure Texas couldn't run and manage a successful paper merchants. I couldn't do what-, well, I could do what they do, and I think they knew that, even back then. Probably what spurred them on."

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Gervais' talking of making a Brent film now.
AHA!

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
I wish Gervais would leave the Brent stuff alone.

It was great how they left it for the best part of 10 years and went to do other things; most of which I liked. Also they left it with one of the greatest TV finales ever and it wrapped nearly everything up very neatly.

It rarely works bringing something that iconic back

Favourite episode was the Quiz, "Who's the Cuban Leader" "Fray Bentos" and "This is the Real Quiz". Quality stuff ;D

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
I wish Gervais would leave the Brent stuff alone.

It was great how they left it for the best part of 10 years and went to do other things; most of which I liked. Also they left it with one of the greatest TV finales ever and it wrapped nearly everything up very neatly.

It rarely works bringing something that iconic back

Favourite episode was the Quiz, "Who's the Cuban Leader" "Fray Bentos" and "This is the Real Quiz". Quality stuff ;D
"Gareth are all these gonna be about war?"
"No I've got loads. I've got one on tennis, I've got on the Suez Canal. Loads...ok question 3, which canal links the Mediterranean with the Red Sea?"

Offline barnseysbarmyarmy

• Kopite
  • You know nothing John Snow (except current affairs
"Tickle him, tickle him!"

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Mr Spock is half human, half Vulcan. I had to go home to get a book to prove it. They said oh yeah you're right, sorry. No apologies necessary, let's get on with the quiz.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?"

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
People go, "Why is it important, a question about Mr. Spock?" Oh, I go, "It's like saying I've got a new pedigree dog breed. It's half Alsatian, half Labrador". I go on to Crufts, I go, "Can I enter this dog in the Labrador section?" "No." "Why?" "Because it's not a Labrador." "Correct." "Can I enter it in the Alsatian section?" "No. For the same reasons. Now get that dog out of my sight." "Thanks, I will. You've proved my point." And that's Crufts. All right.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
Re: The Office AKA The UK Office - 'The Good One' - If you don't like it, piss off
« Reply #501 on: September 21, 2013, 01:41:31 pm »
Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now

You don't solve town planning problems by dropping bombs all over the place

In labour-saving homes, with care
Their wives frizz out peroxide hair
And dry it in synthetic air
And paint their nails.

They wana look nice, doesn't he like girls?
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I was only young when this first aired so missed out on it originally. Watched them all on Netflix recently and it's now amongst my favourite shows ever.

I've just gone through this thread laughing at all the quotes despite having heard them all already over the last few days.

One scene not mentioned in here is when Brent is told he's getting fired, and then he stands up with the charity costume on. It's not as genius as a lot of the lines in the show, but it made me laugh more than most for some reason.

Also in the Christmas special when an incredulous Neil walks in and finds David introducing all the staff to his dog, Nelson.  ;D

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
I was only young when this first aired so missed out on it originally. Watched them all on Netflix recently and it's now amongst my favourite shows ever.

I've just gone through this thread laughing at all the quotes despite having heard them all already over the last few days.

One scene not mentioned in here is when Brent is told he's getting fired, and then he stands up with the charity costume on. It's not as genius as a lot of the lines in the show, but it made me laugh more than most for some reason.

Also in the Christmas special when an incredulous Neil walks in and finds David introducing all the staff to his dog, Nelson.  ;D
"MONKEY!"

You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
'Every step you take... Every move you make...'

PSN: DHitchers

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"Did no get an agenda"

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
People go, "Why is it important, a question about Mr. Spock?" Oh, I go, "It's like saying I've got a new pedigree dog breed. It's half Alsatian, half Labrador". I go on to Crufts, I go, "Can I enter this dog in the Labrador section?" "No." "Why?" "Because it's not a Labrador." "Correct." "Can I enter it in the Alsatian section?" "No. For the same reasons. Now get that dog out of my sight." "Thanks, I will. You've proved my point." And that's Crufts. All right.
haha! "Thanks, I will" always cracks me up.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
DB "You're fired"

Dawn "Why?"

DB "Stealing"

Dawn "What am I meant to have stolen"

DB "post-it notes"

Dawn "post it notes??"

DB "Yep, and if you steal 1000 post it notes at 5p each youve made......profit"

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!

;D

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
THERE'S BEEN A RAPE UP THERE!

Online Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
Under "Weaknesses" you've put eczema.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
Oi Brent, why you still chasing the Yankee dollar?!
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
"If a good man comes to me and says, thank you David, for the opportunity and continued support in the work-related arena, but I've done that, I wanna better myself, I wanna move on, then I can make that dream come true, to, AKA, for you. "

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Just heard on the radio that Gervais is working on a film for this  :)
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It won't end well.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
It won't end well.

Who else has seen this filth?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LFCGeezer

• Anny Roader
  • buttered bread
not a film about the office as such, supposedly about brent's journey to become a rockstar.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Yeah it's not a film, it will probably just be an internet thing or on tv.

Usually I'm against comebacks but every time Gervais has brought Brent back so far it's always been good so I look forward to it.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Gervais is desperate.

Knows that Derek is turgid, the Pilkington well has run dry and he has run out of ideas.

So he's going to shit on his body work to squeeze every last drop out of his career. Real shame.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Gervais is desperate.

Knows that Derek is turgid, the Pilkington well has run dry and he has run out of ideas.

So he's going to shit on his body work to squeeze every last drop out of his career. Real shame.

Desperate for what..?

He's got pretty much any gig he wants. He could make a series of him taking more photos of himself in the bath and it'd get picked up. And more to the point, everything he does is successful. Derek has been successful.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.