Author Topic: Racism in Football  (Read 150278 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Racism in Football
« Reply #1960 on: October 15, 2022, 03:30:32 pm »
Racism along with homophobia and sexism has never gone away from those who are racists, homophobes and sexists, they just knew they had to hide their views from anyone not in their circle.

Unfortunately my hubby is one of them despite me constantly berating him for it. 

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: October 15, 2022, 04:08:24 pm »
Glad I don't have Twitter.

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1962 on: October 15, 2022, 04:21:37 pm »
 ???
I couldn't put it better myself, those politicians have so much to answer for. They should all be put in the dock.

For me it’s the likes of LBC and others who have these parasites as presenters.
Roger Phillips used to do a Radio Merseyside phone in and I would catch bits driving between meetings at lunchtime. He would argue the toss with whoever phoned in, providing an alternative view to whatever was put forward. He rarely put a personal view and often reversed his position with the following caller. He was always getting stick for being left/right wing.  However, Brewer and the others are the ones putting the point forward and arguing it against anyone who opposes it, whilst agreeing with anyone who is on her side of the argument. What it does is create an echo chamber where her poisonous views are promoted, validated  and disseminated, and any sensible opposition views ridiculed as Wokeism from snowflakes. Hopkins went too far and Brewer stepped in. LBC have discovered that these shows get engagement and clicks and they have monetised that with advertising revenues. They make a large profit for their offshore based owners. Such is the financial gain from it we see the rise of the next generation of wannabes. Grimes, Corcoran and Heywood all stir up hate in the hope of a lucrative LBC job
This is where Cameron and May led us to. The hostile environment was their way of dividing society.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1963 on: October 15, 2022, 04:26:17 pm »
???
For me it’s the likes of LBC and others who have these parasites as presenters.
Roger Phillips used to do a Radio Merseyside phone in and I would catch bits driving between meetings at lunchtime. He would argue the toss with whoever phoned in, providing an alternative view to whatever was put forward. He rarely put a personal view and often reversed his position with the following caller. He was always getting stick for being left/right wing.  However, Brewer and the others are the ones putting the point forward and arguing it against anyone who opposes it, whilst agreeing with anyone who is on her side of the argument. What it does is create an echo chamber where her poisonous views are promoted, validated  and disseminated, and any sensible opposition views ridiculed as Wokeism from snowflakes. Hopkins went too far and Brewer stepped in. LBC have discovered that these shows get engagement and clicks and they have monetised that with advertising revenues. They make a large profit for their offshore based owners. Such is the financial gain from it we see the rise of the next generation of wannabes. Grimes, Corcoran and Heywood all stir up hate in the hope of a lucrative LBC job
This is where Cameron and May led us to. The hostile environment was their way of dividing society.

Another great post, Phillips used to do a great job. I never listened to his show by choice but the old bods in our office would do so and I marvelled at his patience with some ringing up. As you say though, it's all about clicks and nothing is off limits now which means we have pretty much embraced everything and people take it for granted, that they can say what they want regardless how unpleasant it is.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1964 on: October 15, 2022, 04:30:04 pm »

There is a lot of good on twitter though, as ever it is all about how individuals behave when they have a twitter account. You can either use it for good or you use it for bad, it's up to you. I have been on many supportive campaigns on twitter and mixed with some decent people. It's the lack of punishment for those that misuse it where the problem lies, but isn't that the case with everything now?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: October 15, 2022, 07:35:53 pm »

Unfortunately it goes way beyond twitter. Social media is just the latest way for people to push hate and you have huge amounts of people using it as a platform to do it without consequences because big firms dont want to lose money.

A huge problem in terms of racism is that too many people simply do not want to learn more about other people and would much sooner go off ridiculous beliefs and push this ridiculous myth that 'their country is being taken away from them and they're the minority now' or throw out the whataboutery angle of 'but we're not as bad as...' There are a shitload more people who hold racist views in this country than people care to admit, there's even been an incident of it on here recently

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1966 on: October 15, 2022, 07:51:11 pm »
Ian St John was a cock when Houllier was in charge. Always called him the Frenchman and never by his name. You could feel the hostility in his voice at times as well. All because he took over after his mate Roy Evans.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: October 15, 2022, 08:32:06 pm »
Ian St John was a cock when Houllier was in charge. Always called him the Frenchman and never by his name. You could feel the hostility in his voice at times as well. All because he took over after his mate Roy Evans.
This post should probably be deleted but I'll leave it up with an explanation. There's no evidence at all that his comments had a racist undertone, it stemmed from absolute loyalty to Roy and indeed a significant bitterness towards Gérard being set up and eventually taking over from Roy.

Unless you have proof otherwise mate, you're wrong to present your comment in this thread.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1968 on: October 15, 2022, 08:34:37 pm »
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=12169.0

You could sense the anger in St John’s voice when he spoke about him. Never referred to him as Gerard or Houllier. He always used to come across as poor on the radio when he did that. Just my opinion mind.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 08:36:17 pm by lfcred1976 »

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #1971 on: October 15, 2022, 11:07:46 pm »
all racism

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1972 on: October 15, 2022, 11:08:36 pm »

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #1973 on: October 15, 2022, 11:10:00 pm »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: October 15, 2022, 11:11:18 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61772581

That’s rubbish.

Ronald’s case was heard in America, the two you refer to are heard in this country.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....

• Legacy Fan

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: October 17, 2022, 11:39:42 am »
Instagram's parent company, Meta, have told Sky Sports News they are unable to take action on the account which racially abused Ivan Toney because it has not been reported through their in-app tools.

Disgraceful... but not suprising

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: October 17, 2022, 11:46:26 am »
Instagram's parent company, Meta, have told Sky Sports News they are unable to take action on the account which racially abused Ivan Toney because it has not been reported through their in-app tools.

Disgraceful... but not suprising

Liverpool and Meta agree deal for digital metaverse apparel
English soccer giants become first club to offer sportswear in ‘Avatars Store’.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/liverpool-fc-meta-avatars-store-metaverse-kits-nfts/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: October 17, 2022, 04:05:39 pm »
Are the FA going to do something about the Sunderland fans and their disgraceful songs and slurs to James McClean at the weekend ?  Is it acceptable for them to hand out sectarian abuse for the whole game and get away with it now ?  The media are all over the ladies football and their dressing rooms songs, which were wrong. What about when its the other way around ? Nothing will happen as per usual. The abuse he gets is disgusting, and nothing is ever done

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: January 18, 2023, 08:57:41 am »
Ladies and gentleman… The FA!!!

The FA has revealed a string of offensive racial remarks by John Yems but still concluded the former Crawley manager is "not a conscious racist".

Yems has been banned from football for 15 months for multiple breaches of the Football Association's rule relating to discriminatory comments.

The 63-year-old was charged by the Football Association after he made 16 alleged comments which "included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race and/or nationality and/or religion or belief and/or gender" to Crawley players between 2019 and 2022.

Yems admitted to one charge and was found guilty of 11 others relating to comments that referenced either ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion, belief or gender between 2019 and 2022.

An independent regulatory commission found four others to be unproven as Yems was earlier this month banned from all football-related activity up to and including June 1, 2024.

But the FA panel did, however conclude that Yems:

- Described Muslim members of the squad as "terrorists"
- Deliberately mispronounced the second half of Arnold Schwarzenegger's name to emphasise the N-word
- Used a racial stereotype to a black player of African origin by asking if he liked jerk chicken
- Told Muslim players "your people blow up stuff with vests"
- Said that an Iraqi youth international at the club "would probably blow up the stadium"
- Repeatedly made comments about another player "carrying a bomb in his bag"
- Called one player a "curry muncher" and asked if the player was unhappy that they did not server "curry pizza"
- Made a remark to one player about "how dark his skin is'" on his return to Crawley after representing Grenada

A sanctions document indicates the FA pushed for a two-year suspension but the independent panel agreed with Yems' solicitors that their client was not a racist and neither did he "ever intend to make racist remarks".

The FA said in its findings: "We regard this as an extremely serious case. We have accepted that Mr Yems is not a conscious racist.

"If he were, an extremely lengthy, even permanent, suspension would be appropriate.

"Nevertheless, Mr Yems' 'banter' undoubtedly came across to the victims and others as offensive, racist and Islamophobic. Mr Yems simply paid no regard to the distress which his misplaced jocularity was causing."

Yems, who took charge of Crawley in December 2019, was suspended for 12 days prior to his dismissal in May.

A number of players from the League Two club took grievances to the Professional Footballers' Association, which sparked the investigations.

/

How THE FUCK can anyone read that list and conclude the person using them is not a racist? This ploy of hiding abuse behind the word ‘banter’ needs to fuck off ASAP
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 09:00:52 am by RyanBabel19 »

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: January 18, 2023, 09:02:50 am »
Almost as bad as Villa's equalities and diversity officer with historical islamaphobic tweets but retains her role, hoping she's 'learnt her lesson'

FA reprimand Aston Villa equality and diversity officer over Islamophobic tweets 

https://theathletic.com/4043729/2022/12/30/fa-aston-villa-islamophobic-tweets/

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1983 on: January 18, 2023, 09:06:14 am »

The FA has revealed a string of offensive racial remarks by John Yems but still concluded the former Crawley manager is "not a conscious racist".

Yems has been banned from football for 15 months for multiple breaches of the Football Association's rule relating to discriminatory comments.

The 63-year-old was charged by the Football Association after he made 16 alleged comments which "included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race and/or nationality and/or religion or belief and/or gender" to Crawley players between 2019 and 2022.

Yems admitted to one charge and was found guilty of 11 others relating to comments that referenced either ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion, belief or gender between 2019 and 2022.

An independent regulatory commission found four others to be unproven as Yems was earlier this month banned from all football-related activity up to and including June 1, 2024.

- Deliberately mispronounced the second half of Arnold Schwarzenegger's name to emphasise the N-word
- Used a racial stereotype to a black player of African origin by asking if he liked jerk chicken
- Said that an Iraqi youth international at the club "would probably blow up the stadium"
- Called one player a "curry muncher" and asked if the player was unhappy that they did not server "curry pizza"
- Made a remark to one player about "how dark his skin is'" on his return to Crawley after representing Grenada

A sanctions document indicates the FA pushed for a two-year suspension but the independent panel agreed with Yems' solicitors that their client was not a racist and neither did he "ever intend to make racist remarks".

The FA said in its findings: "We regard this as an extremely serious case. We have accepted that Mr Yems is not a conscious racist.

"If he were, an extremely lengthy, even permanent, suspension would be appropriate.

"Nevertheless, Mr Yems' 'banter' undoubtedly came across to the victims and others as offensive, racist and Islamophobic. Mr Yems simply paid no regard to the distress which his misplaced jocularity was causing."

Yems, who took charge of Crawley in December 2019, was suspended for 12 days prior to his dismissal in May.

A number of players from the League Two club took grievances to the Professional Footballers' Association, which sparked the investigations.

/

How THE FUCK can anyone read that list and conclude the person using them is not a racist? This ploy of hiding abuse behind the word ‘banter’ needs to fuck off ASAP

Usual FA weasel words.
He’s not a “conscious racist” whatever that means.
Lucky those lads seem to be decent fellers and didn’t thump him and make him an unconscious racist.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: January 18, 2023, 09:51:01 am »
Fits in perfectly with all the other "institutionally racist" organisations we have in this country.

Old fogies wheeled out of their cupboards and dusted down to discuss and make decisions on things they've no understanding of.

It's classic "I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic I have friends that are ......."

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1985 on: January 18, 2023, 10:01:03 am »
So ridiculous and yet they expect people to have faith in them to sort issues

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1986 on: January 18, 2023, 10:17:23 am »

<snip>

I would expect that kind of language from a member of the Aryan Brotherhood, the NF, Britain First, the BNP etc. He's an out and out racist and he's not bothered who knows it.

c*nt should have been banned for life.
Jurgen YNWA

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: January 18, 2023, 10:24:45 am »
I was nearly expecting them to say he has black friends so he can’t be racist. That’s normally the barometer.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1988 on: January 18, 2023, 12:40:42 pm »
The FA has been shocking....

Offline harris

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1989 on: January 18, 2023, 01:42:45 pm »
I was nearly expecting them to say he has black friends so he can’t be racist. That’s normally the barometer.

And what exactly is your barometer?
I ask this because that definttion by todays Lefties/wokes will be very ddifferent from countless millions of regular people.

I woulld actually challenge you to go onto youtube and take a look at one of the Black Conservatives who have channels and look at the video footage they post. On there you will indeed see hours upon hours of racist language and behaviour. Unfortunately for you, it will be the kind of racism yourself and the mainstream media want covered up. You can see everything, from university professor calling for a certain racial group to be wiped out, to  a TV presenter saying people of a certain racial group are evil, sub- human and closer to animals than humans. That TV presenter not only kept his job but also had support from other celebs. Over on these channels you could watch hour after hour, day after day of genuine hardcore racism. I would challenge you to go onto onto the FBI site and look at their collated crime stats which are broken down into racial groupings. Look at those stats and then do the pro rata. 
I don't think you'll have integrity to take up my challenge and go watch the videos put up by the likes of Officer Tatum, because if you care to take the time to look at the facts they will completely destroy the lies and massive hypocrisy of the leftwing narrative.

See. The difference between myself and everyother half decent non leftie, is that we/they will call out all racism and injustice wherever it is or whoever it is against.  Always have and always will, even if that sometimes means  having to speak the uncomfortable truth.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1990 on: January 18, 2023, 01:46:50 pm »

Fucking hell!  :o :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: January 18, 2023, 01:55:29 pm »
I ask this because that definttion by todays Lefties/wokes will be very ddifferent from countless millions of regular people.

I woulld actually challenge you to go onto youtube and take a look at one of the Black Conservatives who have channels and look at the video footage they post. On there you will indeed see hours upon hours of racist language and behaviour. Unfortunately for you, it will be the kind of racism yourself and the mainstream media want covered up. You can see everything, from university professor calling for a certain racial group to be wiped out, to  a TV presenter saying people of a certain racial group are evil, sub- human and closer to animals than humans. That TV presenter not only kept his job but also had support from other celebs. Over on these channels you could watch hour after hour, day after day of genuine hardcore racism. I would challenge you to go onto onto the FBI site and look at their collated crime stats which are broken down into racial groupings. Look at those stats and then do the pro rata. 
I don't think you'll have integrity to take up my challenge and go watch the videos put up by the likes of Officer Tatum, because if you care to take the time to look at the facts they will completely destroy the lies and massive hypocrisy of the leftwing narrative.

See. The difference between myself and everyother half decent non leftie, is that we/they will call out all racism and injustice wherever it is or whoever it is against.  Always have and always will, even if that sometimes means  having to speak the uncomfortable truth.

I see this c*nt is still knocking about  ::)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: January 18, 2023, 02:00:25 pm »

What the actual fuck? 

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1993 on: January 18, 2023, 02:01:30 pm »
What the actual fuck?

You might want to sit down for this shocking news.....

He's a Chelsea fan.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: January 18, 2023, 02:04:58 pm »

He's a Chelsea fan.

Ah that would explain it then although is that us being racist too?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1995 on: January 18, 2023, 02:08:40 pm »

He's a Chelsea fan.
Say no more..  :-X

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zBeeZVd6urI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zBeeZVd6urI</a>

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: January 18, 2023, 02:48:13 pm »

/

I'm sure it's all just "banter", there is no racism in football 🙄
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1997 on: January 18, 2023, 03:03:08 pm »

[/size]
I see this c*nt is still knocking about  ::)
[/size]You simply cannot, and should never attempt to, defend the indefensible. Or spout a diatribe of whataboutery and try to masquerade it as intelligent analysis.

So, harris is currently looking for a new football website to shit all over. Hopefully the thick twat can find a brain, a soul and a dictionary along the way.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 03:05:25 pm by 24/7 »

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1998 on: January 18, 2023, 03:03:57 pm »
What the actual fuck? 

Didn’t think whataboutery was even achievable on that kind of level

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: January 18, 2023, 03:07:55 pm »

You simply cannot, and should never attempt to, defend the indefensible. Or spout a diatribe of whataboutery and try to masquerade it as intelligent analysis.

So, harris is currently looking for a new football website to shit all over. Hopefully the thick twat can find a brain, a soul and a dictionary along the way.

I did consider my use of the term 'c*nt' given the RAWK policy on abusing other members, but I decided it was entirely appropriate and justified  :D