Author Topic: Favourite Quotes  (Read 34050 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Favourite Quotes
« Reply #360 on: May 2, 2023, 09:24:26 pm »
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #361 on: May 2, 2023, 09:25:21 pm »
From Mister Bill Shankly himself.

“Pressure is working down the pit. Pressure is having no work at all. Pressure is trying to escape relegation on 50 shillings a week. Pressure is not the European Cup or the Championship or the Cup Final. That’s the reward.”

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #362 on: May 3, 2023, 12:49:53 am »
From Mister Bill Shankly himself.

“Pressure is working down the pit. Pressure is having no work at all. Pressure is trying to escape relegation on 50 shillings a week. Pressure is not the European Cup or the Championship or the Cup Final. That’s the reward.”

If you can't support us when we're losing, don't support us when we're winning...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2023, 09:54:21 pm »
Read a funny line on the anniversary of the death of Douglas Adam's, "He suffered spontaneous existence failure"

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2023, 10:59:39 pm »
Read a funny line on the anniversary of the death of Douglas Adam's, "He suffered spontaneous existence failure"

I loved Douglas Adams’ quote about deadlines:

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. '

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #365 on: May 14, 2023, 11:08:51 pm »
"Watch your car for a fiver, Mister?"

"No, ta, I've a fucking big guard dog inside, keeping it safe."

"Can he put out fires, like?"
Kill the humourless

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #366 on: May 15, 2023, 10:35:17 pm »
Any more than 3 shakes, it’s a wank
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #367 on: May 19, 2023, 06:19:46 pm »
Two that you might recognise

I have personally found to be true as I have done them

Do not go gentle into that good night,
....Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Paraphrased slightly.

And this is true, think of it in football:

Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.

It is disputed as is much of worth

I do think acting boldly - decisively - authentically - does make things line up

Positive action and all that

I think fear freezing you see that's the opposite

If you're sure you don't fuck about - you DO it
And things align

Anyone can scoff at these two I don't mind

I just personally find them to be true

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: May 19, 2023, 06:25:51 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2023, 11:02:54 am »

So the alternative is;

“The best Government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination “ - Voltaire.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2023, 06:46:35 pm »
Voltaire.

Great brand name for summat.
Kill the humourless

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2023, 02:49:58 pm »
Harold Wilson: "A week is a long time in politics" used to be one of my faves.

it applies to a lot of things, and also seems a bit quaint these days.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: May 26, 2023, 03:51:07 pm »
From Succession.

“Information is like a bottle of fine wine,”  “You store it, you hoard it, you save it for a special occasion and then you smash someone’s fucking face in with it.”
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 26, 2023, 04:48:28 pm »
From Succession.

“Information is like a bottle of fine wine,”  “You store it, you hoard it, you save it for a special occasion and then you smash someone’s fucking face in with it.”
Could be a good Hint For Happy Posting on RAWK

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #374 on: May 26, 2023, 06:12:25 pm »
And I came to believe that good and evil are names for what people do, not what they are. All we can say is that is a good deed because it’s helped someone or that’s an evil one because it hurts them. People are too complicated to have simple labels. (From the Amber Spyglass)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: June 7, 2023, 08:02:20 pm »
"If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha." Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw, Indian Chief of Army Staff.
Kill the humourless

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: June 8, 2023, 01:17:15 am »
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Marcus Aurelius

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: June 8, 2023, 01:54:41 am »
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Albert Einstein
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: June 8, 2023, 03:55:39 am »
The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.  JT
Kill the humourless

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #379 on: June 8, 2023, 07:23:56 am »
The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.  JT

Timberlake? Or John Terry?

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: June 8, 2023, 10:15:43 am »
Timberlake? Or John Terry?

James Taylor
Kill the humourless

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #381 on: June 8, 2023, 10:53:41 am »
Matt in the Telegraph, the next day after Paddy Ashdown's resignation, "I've already forgotten where I was when I heard the news".

I use that one as often as possible.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: June 10, 2023, 01:36:08 pm »
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Raab, Hancock, Patel, Jenrick, Sunak, Dorries and co. so did they bear themselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their shittest hour.' - Beaker (Dr.) 2023
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #383 on: June 10, 2023, 02:38:14 pm »
Give your balls a tug...

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: June 10, 2023, 03:20:45 pm »
Have more than you show. Speak less than you know.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #385 on: June 10, 2023, 04:17:32 pm »
^ like it

educated beyond their intelligence - is a particular fave of mine
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: June 11, 2023, 10:05:18 pm »
I'm trying to be less condescending.

That means talking down to people.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2023, 12:50:52 pm »
"They love it when your balls smell nice.  Let's 'em know you care."

https://youtu.be/jowNLHQCAAY
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: June 15, 2023, 01:54:46 am »
Brevity is the soul of wit, Andy.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 15, 2023, 01:52:38 pm »
People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible and childish. But that's only if it's done properly.

Banksy.
Kill the humourless

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: June 15, 2023, 02:21:07 pm »
People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible and childish. But that's only if it's done properly.

Banksy.

that's a play on woody allen's quote

Is sex dirty? Only when it's being done right
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #391 on: June 15, 2023, 02:22:58 pm »
The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already;but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him. - Leo Tolstoy

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #392 on: June 15, 2023, 03:56:15 pm »
As my quote underneath tells you, I love the sloganeering of bands like Idles.

I think lyrical can be very powerful and to the point:

“I hate your mom
I hate it when she opens her mouth
It’s amazing to me how much people can say
When they don’t know what they’re talking about “

“ICU” by Phoebe Bridgers.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: June 15, 2023, 05:17:37 pm »
The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already;but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him. - Leo Tolstoy

is leo talking about the fsg thread again...

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 15, 2023, 05:24:04 pm »

Which recalls Dorothy Parker's quip while attending a NY Debutantes Ball:

"If all these debutantes were laid from end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised."
Kill the humourless

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #395 on: June 15, 2023, 05:25:11 pm »

Leo Transferstoy

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: June 15, 2023, 05:27:08 pm »
are we really in for him, though -- we have enough left wingers already!

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: July 28, 2023, 03:06:46 pm »
I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #398 on: July 28, 2023, 07:55:57 pm »
And the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah...
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #399 on: July 29, 2023, 02:52:36 pm »
No work or love will flourish out of guilt, fear, or hollowness of heart, just as no valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now.

- Al Watts