Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3570998 times)

Online Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #26040 on: May 9, 2024, 11:09:24 pm »
and honestly to the poster above saying we are the end of some joke because of it, fuck me, so dramatic.
Not really. The placement of the Nike tick on the shirt aesthetically does not look good at all, and I'd be amazed if people thought otherwise.

I get Nike experimenting with things like this, and as mentioned, it's not new for them to do it. However it's the first time I've seen this variation and to do it on a kit of a team in the Premier League is bold to say the least. I'm quite embarrassed by it.

Also, I dispise the double Nike tick that's been about for a while, so yeah, not for me.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #26041 on: May 10, 2024, 09:11:30 am »
Not really. The placement of the Nike tick on the shirt aesthetically does not look good at all, and I'd be amazed if people thought otherwise.

I get Nike experimenting with things like this, and as mentioned, it's not new for them to do it. However it's the first time I've seen this variation and to do it on a kit of a team in the Premier League is bold to say the least. I'm quite embarrassed by it.

Also, I dispise the double Nike tick that's been about for a while, so yeah, not for me.

Being not for you is totally fine mate, but it doesn't make it a "Liverpool are the end of some joke" sort of thing, that is a weird take.

Honestly, look around, kit makers are clearly struggling creatively, a banging set of kits is rare, everyone has a horrid shirt and if the only bad thing about our away is a 90 degree rotation on the Nike logo, it's not the end of the world. At least it's their logo they are being funny with and not ours.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #26042 on: May 10, 2024, 10:32:12 am »
Being not for you is totally fine mate, but it doesn't make it a "Liverpool are the end of some joke" sort of thing, that is a weird take.

Honestly, look around, kit makers are clearly struggling creatively, a banging set of kits is rare, everyone has a horrid shirt and if the only bad thing about our away is a 90 degree rotation on the Nike logo, it's not the end of the world. At least it's their logo they are being funny with and not ours.

This. PSG for example just unveiled their new shirt and it is getting a lot of criticism. Its just a generic PSG shirt, nothing new or exciting.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #26043 on: May 10, 2024, 12:55:38 pm »
Phew, relax everyone. Spurs have got an upside down swoosh on their third kit as well.

Online Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #26044 on: May 10, 2024, 07:35:59 pm »

To be honest, my 'lfc being the butt of some joke'  comment was tongue in cheek, though I get why it came across as it did.

I get your point though and you are right.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26045 on: May 10, 2024, 11:29:17 pm »
Just seen the infant home kit. Much nicer collar design than the grown ups’.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26046 on: May 11, 2024, 12:15:43 am »
Grown up people losing their shit over the collar of a football kit. Than again, I do remember the outrage when this was unveiled ...

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26047 on: May 11, 2024, 08:17:07 am »
My first and the latest, which arrived yesterday.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #26048 on: May 11, 2024, 08:49:03 am »
It's interesting how many times we have weird collars. Look at the collar when the kit had a pink/salmon trim. Real Madrid, for example, never seems to have a weird collar. It's as if kit manufacturers think it's okay to experiment with Liverpool kits but not other big football teams.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #26049 on: May 11, 2024, 09:00:23 am »
My first and the latest, which arrived yesterday.

Jesus Christ would you look at the size of the collar on the one on the left. No one will buy that.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26050 on: May 11, 2024, 09:02:24 am »
It's interesting how many times we have weird collars. Look at the collar when the kit had a pink/salmon trim. Real Madrid, for example, never seems to have a weird collar. It's as if kit manufacturers think it's okay to experiment with Liverpool kits but not other big football teams.

That was when the red ran in the wash. 😉

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26051 on: May 11, 2024, 09:16:16 am »
Jesus Christ would you look at the size of the collar on the one on the left. No one will buy that.

Ha, ha I know. Must've been uproar in the Echo's comment page when we moved from the round neck back then  ;D
The coller isn't that bad on the new one . A lot higher than I thought it would be from the pictures.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26052 on: May 12, 2024, 08:08:33 am »
Grown up people losing their shit over the collar of a football kit. Than again, I do remember the outrage when this was unveiled ...

Still one of my favorite shirts.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26053 on: May 13, 2024, 06:35:39 pm »
Still one of my favorite shirts.

And this year's will be someone's favorite.

This is how things work ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26054 on: Today at 03:35:12 pm »

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #26055 on: Today at 03:43:31 pm »
neck looks like a baby grow

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #26056 on: Today at 03:58:30 pm »