Author Topic: Jordan Henderson*  (Read 64874 times)

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Re: Jordan Henderson*
« Reply #1080 on: January 18, 2024, 09:57:10 pm »
It'd be funny if Gareth Southgate doesn't pick him for the Euros now. More chance of Gareth giving up wearing waistcoats, but it'd be a laugh if he dropped him
That’s pretty much the main reason he’s moved. Southgate can’t keep picking him if he’s playing in a team that loses on a weekly basis.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: January 18, 2024, 10:06:47 pm »
Yeah it’s most likely as people say his desperation to play for England.

He nailed his colours to the mast when he sung god save the Queen at Anfield knowing full well he was going against the majority of fans that day. He could have not done that, but he clearly felt he needed too for Engerlund.

That was a big sign right there before he dumped the rest of his steaming load on the fans in the summer.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1082 on: January 18, 2024, 10:16:50 pm »
What a weirdo..

"I’m sad to say that I will be leaving Al Ettifaq with immediate effect. It wasn’t an easy decision but one that I feel is best for me and my family.
I want to take this opportunity to thank the club & the fans for all the support during my time. I really felt the love from Day One.
I’ll keep watching & hoping for your success. Good luck for the future."

https://twitter.com/JHenderson/status/1748071886808862734

Apparently, he went around to every fans home to personally thank them. Only took him a couple of hours.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1083 on: January 18, 2024, 10:36:04 pm »
What a 6 months! I'm surprised he is even able to walk let alone play football with all those bullets he's fired into his feet!

Now it's all been confirmed let's list all the things he's achieved since July:
- Threw down the captain's armband in the gutter after throwing a hissy fit because Jurgen was going to pick younger, fitter players over him
- Claimed he was forced out even though there was no plan to sell him
- Left our club through the back door when he would've commanded a huge sendoff like we saw with Milly et al.
- Went to Saudi Arabia for the cash and pissed not only on the Liverpool fans but all the LGBTQ+ community that he had apparently supported
- Played in the equivalent of 19 Soccer Aid games but with less fans
- Got booed by his own England fans, the ones he prioritised over the Liverpool fans
- Got fed up and tried to make a hasty exit from the huge challenge
- Found out that in order to escape he'd pretty much have to give up the riches he had already 'earned'
- Took the only half decent option which is a giant club, albeit one playing in a terrible league having a season so bad, its worse than the one he experienced in 22-23
- All the while the club he left is top of the league and still in all 4 competitions.
- His replacement has seen plenty of first team action.

You know that infamous Bobby Ewing death storyline in Dallas, where they scrapped half a season to bring him back claiming it was all a dream? Doesn't Hendo wish he had that option now?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: January 18, 2024, 10:59:13 pm »

Was he wearing these beneath the crop?

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: January 18, 2024, 11:01:01 pm »
mad that a eriedvisie club think it'll be worth paying him big money in 2025. he was seriously bad and dangerously slow a year ago. and he'll only have regressed. you can see why ajax fans were revolting earlier in the season, they're being run by idiots

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: January 18, 2024, 11:07:12 pm »
mad that a eriedvisie club think it'll be worth paying him big money in 2025. he was seriously bad and dangerously slow a year ago. and he'll only have regressed. you can see why ajax fans were revolting earlier in the season, they're being run by idiots
They said on the Beeb news that he's the highest paid player in the history of the Eredivisie.  I know football finances have gone a bit mad but when you think of the talent that's passed through that league and a 33-year old Jordan Henderson is the highest paid player ever it's mind blowing.  I think I need a lay down.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: January 18, 2024, 11:12:09 pm »
They said on the Beeb news that he's the highest paid player in the history of the Eredivisie.  I know football finances have gone a bit mad but when you think of the talent that's passed through that league and a 33-year old Jordan Henderson is the highest paid player ever it's mind blowing.  I think I need a lay down.
genuinely crazy - they'd probably get a better performance out of some of their retired players. i doubt the fans will thnk he's fit to lace davy klaasen's boots ;D

he's just not very good anymore (and unlike most of the unathletic cloggers in that league, he doesn't have the footballing technique to mask that very well). there's not even any entertainment value that he offers to justify the money - unlike fat jan molby or ronaldinho or someone putting on a clinic and almost dying running a few metres

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1088 on: January 19, 2024, 06:51:12 am »
I can’t boot him into touch just yet. He was our captain during a glorious period. I wish him every success at Ajax.

Here’s a radical  thought - perhaps the Ajax people know a lot more about football than some of the idiot pile-on’s on here?

Good luck, Captain.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1089 on: January 19, 2024, 08:23:50 am »
Official.

https://x.com/AFCAjax/status/1748070311512219937?s=20

Love the ‘he used to wear 14, he won’t be here’ bit  ;D

Also, very much a Liverpool Ajax love-in that vid, as you’d expect.  Understandably ignoring the shitstain the last few months of his career was.
haha, saw that, was a weird video

You know that infamous Bobby Ewing death storyline in Dallas, where they scrapped half a season to bring him back claiming it was all a dream? Doesn't Hendo wish he had that option now?
So he wakes up in Jurgen Klopp's shower tomorrow is what you are saying?

"We signed this Japanese guy who had just gone the Asian cup and Ryan Gravenberch"
"its ok i am here now"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 08:27:15 am by paulrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: January 19, 2024, 08:33:28 am »

> Interviewer - How did this happen?
> JH - I'm not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5pBTkW2a4
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1091 on: January 19, 2024, 08:41:04 am »
The likes of Tamori aren’t breaking into the squad playing in a superior league so it seems like a daft move. Then again, it is Southgate picking the squad…

What a fall from grace.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: January 19, 2024, 09:18:39 am »
The likes of Tamori aren’t breaking into the squad playing in a superior league so it seems like a daft move. Then again, it is Southgate picking the squad…

What a fall from grace.

Henderson is going to the Euros, you can be sure of that. He's one of Southgate's trusted lieutenants and frankly up to the last six months I'd have agreed he deserved his place (not that I'm arsed how England do mind).

He had worked so hard to earn the respect of so many inside and outside of LFC after his initial struggles and he has trashed that stellar reputation chasing blood money which he will never see because of a tax dodge. Hope it was all worth it Jordan.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #1093 on: January 19, 2024, 09:47:03 am »
I can’t boot him into touch just yet. He was our captain during a glorious period. I wish him every success at Ajax.

Here’s a radical  thought - perhaps the Ajax people know a lot more about football than some of the idiot pile-on’s on here?

Good luck, Captain.

They're 23 off the top spot halfway through the season (that'd put them just above Palace) so I'm not sure they're particularly run well at the moment

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: January 19, 2024, 12:31:25 pm »
I hope he does well

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1095 on: January 19, 2024, 12:46:45 pm »
Good signing for Ajax and good move for him at this stage of his career. He walks in as their best player and one of the league's top players even as Ajax find themselves in a tough spot this season. They're probably building towards a quick return to the top next season but PSV have been unstoppable this season (but will probably sell players in the summer) and Feyenoord are also a decent side again these days. There's a lot of really good talents in that league but the all round quality is pretty weak.

A lot would probably laugh but I've no doubts he can still do it at international level. Chiellini and Bonucci looked world class in the last Euros at a combined age of 134. People need to learn it's basically a different sport to European club football. Harry Maguire played well in a World Cup for fucks sake. His closest competition is a crock who looked good for Leeds in the Championship and has barely kicked a ball for two years.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1096 on: January 19, 2024, 01:10:52 pm »
Was he wearing these beneath the crop?

Are those Billy Dane's?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: January 19, 2024, 01:12:58 pm »
Seems to be a popular signing for Ajax.

Google translated article below:

https://www.ajaxlife.nl/articles/2024/januari-2024/shirtverkoop-henderson-breekt-binnen-24-uur-al-record-bij-ajax

Shirt sales Henderson breaks record at Ajax within 24 hours
Jordan Henderson is a player for Ajax. The club immediately notices this in shirt sales. That goes through the roof. The shirts with jersey number 6 are eagerly flying over the counter. The club is already talking about a broken record.

That requires some explanation: Ajax always measures the shirt sales of a player in the first week after he has been recruited. According to the club, Henderson's shirt is the fastest-selling shirt ever. He easily beats Dusan Tadic and Daley Blind. Henderson's shirt was sold more times within 24 hours than those of Tadic and Blind in a week.

Precise numbers are never mentioned, but Ajax says that this is already the fastest-selling shirt of a player ever. Henderson just doesn't beat sales of the Marley shirt. It went just that little bit faster within 24 hours. Boss above boss, right?

Within Ajax they had certainly expected that shirt sales would go fast, but they had not anticipated that it would go through the roof like this. “We rarely or never experience this,” said the voice from the Johan Cruijff Arena.

Online sales are going like crazy. Not only within the Netherlands. The Ajax shirt with Henderson on it is now also in great demand within Asia. The reason for this may be that Liverpool has always invested heavily in the countries there. As the then captain of The Reds, Henderson's shirt was often sold there anyway.

Henderson regularly played with number 14 during his career. The Englishman fully understands that he does not get it at Ajax. The number 6 was available after the departure of Davy Klaassen. That song fits perfectly too!
King Kenny.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: January 19, 2024, 01:38:02 pm »
Apparently, he went around to every fans home to personally thank them. Only took him a couple of hours.

Took him less given that 250 were probably bussed in workers who were in living the same complex (ok ok they had like 10 rooms between them all).

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: January 19, 2024, 01:42:25 pm »
One of the rare occasions I won't agree with Jurgen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68031278

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: January 19, 2024, 01:42:54 pm »
Good signing for Ajax and good move for him at this stage of his career. He walks in as their best player and one of the league's top players even as Ajax find themselves in a tough spot this season. They're probably building towards a quick return to the top next season but PSV have been unstoppable this season (but will probably sell players in the summer) and Feyenoord are also a decent side again these days. There's a lot of really good talents in that league but the all round quality is pretty weak.

A lot would probably laugh but I've no doubts he can still do it at international level. Chiellini and Bonucci looked world class in the last Euros at a combined age of 134. People need to learn it's basically a different sport to European club football. Harry Maguire played well in a World Cup for fucks sake. His closest competition is a crock who looked good for Leeds in the Championship and has barely kicked a ball for two years.

I don't know if this is true.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1101 on: January 19, 2024, 01:55:19 pm »

He was always going to back Henderson, he's not going to chat shit against a player who did so much for him.  He made comments around the time of the move along the lines of it being a positive thing too, if I remember right.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1102 on: January 19, 2024, 01:59:44 pm »
I don't know if this is true.

Go and look through the Ajax squad. It's absolutely crap, they have nothing really. No star quality anywhere across the field, mainly just young lads and a few journeymen, I was amazed how few of the players I recognised. Steven Bergwijn is their best attacker and Tadic got off a while back because he saw the squad being gutted. I reckon he'll go into that side and look head and shoulders above the rest, if not that he'll still probably stand out most weeks. I can see why Ajax fans are happy with the deal, because they need some experience and quality, again, people might scoff at that but it's the Eredivisie. I won't change history like a lot have done with him on here, during his last couple of years here I thought he was playing rubbish but he's still played at a level 99.9% of footballers couldn't dream of.

PSV have won every league game this season but even that is built on older players like De Jong (Patrick Van Aanholt plays regularly, too). Feyenoord have some good young players too. Thing with Henderson as well is, he'll need to go there and actually perform if he wants a future there, it won't be strolling round the field as I assume he did in SA.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 02:01:34 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1103 on: January 19, 2024, 02:06:20 pm »

I think people would be surprised how little Jürgen is actually bothered by sportswashing in football. We’re all consumed here, but he’s never said much against what is going on with these countries buying clubs (or now players for the league there). It’s like when there where rumours of Qatar buying LFC, and loads were like ‘Klopp will leave’. No he wouldn’t.  Not saying he’d agree with the shit they do, of course he wouldn't, but different people have very different focuses when it comes to the world around us and politics.

And yes of cousre, he’s always going to back Henderson, however bad Henderson made himself look. He knew/knows him better than anyone in football, and they achieved so much, he’s not going to be anything but supportive.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: January 19, 2024, 02:20:46 pm »
Jurgen is a good man who sees the best in people. He's not one to hold mistakes against players, even big ones. I'm not going to hold it against him for not joining the pitchfork brigade.

On this matter, though, I am in the pitchfork brigade and I'm okay with it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: January 19, 2024, 02:48:16 pm »
 ;D

Jordan Henderson’s shirt is already one of the fastest-selling player shirt in Ajax history.

[@ajaxlife]

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: January 19, 2024, 02:50:58 pm »
Ajax players who wore #6 at some part of their career.

Frank Rijkaard
Clarence seedorf
Frank de Boer
Ronald Koeman

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1107 on: January 19, 2024, 03:05:29 pm »
From his press conference at Ajax....

"...if I offended anybody or people felt as though I let them down then I apologise for that, and I apologise again.

"As I said before, my beliefs have never changed and never will. I can apologise if people feel let down. I haven't changed as a person and never have. I want to continue to focus on my football and give everything I can for this great football club."

Still can't bring himself to make a decent apology... from the PR school of 'I'm sorry if you are offended or let down - but I am not sorry for doing it'

(aka 'I will support despotic and oppressive regimes if the money is right, and shit on any previous causes, moral stances, or values I did once support... in return for that money')

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: January 19, 2024, 03:10:07 pm »
"I'm sorry you're sorry."
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1109 on: January 19, 2024, 03:25:19 pm »

Yeah, this bit is odd...

"It's an experience. In England only do people think 'why do they go abroad when all other countries want to come to England?'. As beautiful as this country is it's an international experience [to play in another country]. For me it was the same.

Not sure anyone is suggesting Henderson (or any other player) shouldn't consider another country than the absolutely wonderful and perfect UK, it's quite clearly the specific country he chose that's the issue.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: January 19, 2024, 03:28:17 pm »
No apologies will mean anything to the LGBTQ community I would imagine.

Its one thing a nobody earning £30k p/a getting offered £100k p/a tax free and being pressured into going by the family, it's life changing money, but when you're a well know sportsman, already earning £9.6 million - £30,000 PER DAY - to be used to promote the regime, its nothing but shitting all over the people you're supposed to care about, its nothing but pure fucking greed.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #1111 on: January 19, 2024, 03:39:29 pm »
Not sure anyone is suggesting Henderson (or any other player) shouldn't consider another country than the absolutely wonderful and perfect UK, it's quite clearly the specific country he chose that's the issue.

He's just being pretty vanilla about the whole thing, which is fair considering we've had six big big personalities for this club go there just in the past year (Henderson, Firmino, Fabinho, Mane, Gerrard, Fowler), quite a few of our players seem to spend a fair bit of time there on holiday, and a lot of our current players are likely in touch a lot with them. Probably doesn't want to risk alienating anyone

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: January 19, 2024, 03:41:25 pm »
I'm actually intrigued to see how he does in the Eredivisie. He stunk the place out last year and I actually think he was consistently poor after his groin surgery. He's had a 6 month holiday soaking up the vitamin D and now dropping into an average league in Europe. I still think he'll struggle up against opposition teams who run a lot because he really struggles to get around the pitch nowadays and he doesn't have a particularly strong technique or a high footballing IQ to counter his physical decline.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: January 19, 2024, 03:49:01 pm »
I still haven't moved on from the fact a Jordan fuckin' Hederson shirt has outsold a Frank Rijkaard shirt.  ;D

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1114 on: January 19, 2024, 03:51:45 pm »
I'm actually intrigued to see how he does in the Eredivisie. He stunk the place out last year and I actually think he was consistently poor after his groin surgery. He's had a 6 month holiday soaking up the vitamin D and now dropping into an average league in Europe. I still think he'll struggle up against opposition teams who run a lot because he really struggles to get around the pitch nowadays and he doesn't have a particularly strong technique or a high footballing IQ to counter his physical decline.

It will be interesting to get a measure of how good their league is.

My guess is that Henderson will be "ok". He's the sort of player I think who, even his pomp, would not have lifted a poor team very much. He was good enough to play for the European champions and help the players around him do the real good stuff. But if he'd been taken out of Liverpool in 2018 and placed in the midfield of Oxford United I'm not sure he would have lifted them onto another plane. His contribution was always about keeping the machine ticking over, covering the hard yards, doing the basic stuff with a degree of competence. If Ajax are expecting a transformative player, capable of repurposing an entire 90 minutes, they'll be in for a shock.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1115 on: January 19, 2024, 03:56:25 pm »
He's just being pretty vanilla about the whole thing, which is fair considering we've had six big big personalities for this club go there just in the past year (Henderson, Firmino, Fabinho, Mane, Gerrard, Fowler), quite a few of our players seem to spend a fair bit of time there on holiday, and a lot of our current players are likely in touch a lot with them. Probably doesn't want to risk alienating anyone

Add Wijnaldum to the list too.

Do some of our players really go on holiday to Saudi?  :o Seen loads go to Dubai but never seen any pics of them in Saudi. Neither are my cup of tea to say the least.

Anyway, back to Henderson, I'm actually a bit surprised how delighted most Ajax fans seem to be with this move.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: January 19, 2024, 03:56:57 pm »
Objectively speaking, it's a great career move. Ajax are one of THE great clubs of this world. An incredible institution, despite the crisis they are going through.

I'd have been so delighted for him 6 months ago, moving on to a great club where he could find the minutes to play. If I'd be in a coma the last six months and seen him going to Ajax, I'd assume it was from Liverpool. It would have enhanced my reputation of him in many ways, as a man who's head is screwed on not just personally but professionally too. Now it just seems like a PR exercise in damage limitation.

I wish him the best there, I wish the best for Ajax in general but its a career that will forever be tainted by his move to Saudi Arabia.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: January 19, 2024, 03:57:58 pm »

Yup, he's completely missed the point. This isn't about a player simply 'going abroad' or leaving liverpool. I'd expect Klopp to understand why people have a problem with it. Pretty myopic from him.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: January 19, 2024, 03:59:34 pm »

Did he walk?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: January 19, 2024, 04:00:51 pm »

Agree. Probably the only thing I strongly disagree with him on. While he can be supportive of the players he coached, recognising the Liverpool 'family' more broadly would surely show a bit more consideration an understanding for those within the LGBT community.