Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 635407 times)

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.
« Reply #8600 on: May 2, 2024, 10:43:43 am »
Despite shitting on recent Marvel movies and their live-action series, the new X-Men '97 animated series is really good. Feels very like the comics from the 1980's which is when I was really into comics.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8601 on: May 2, 2024, 12:16:56 pm »
Despite shitting on recent Marvel movies and their live-action series, the new X-Men '97 animated series is really good. Feels very like the comics from the 1980's which is when I was really into comics.

I thought the creative use of powers in the first episode was great, but then the following couple of episodes I was just really bored.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8602 on: May 10, 2024, 07:04:02 am »
Galactus, the big bad in the Fantastic Four film, will be played by Ralph Ineson. Best known as Finchy in The Office  :D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8603 on: May 10, 2024, 11:43:55 am »
John Malkovich cast aswell.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #8604 on: May 10, 2024, 01:02:58 pm »
Galactus, the big bad in the Fantastic Four film, will be played by Ralph Ineson. Best known as Finchy in The Office  :D

So we can expect a picture of Reed getting screwed by Ben, and Reed blaming Johnny, before the true master plan is revealed?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8605 on: May 10, 2024, 06:05:02 pm »
If the final battle involves having to throw a shoe over a building the fantastic four have no chance.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8606 on: May 10, 2024, 06:50:33 pm »

Just googled who that Galactus is. Think I will give that a swerve, most likely will be incredibly silly.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8607 on: May 10, 2024, 07:30:10 pm »
If the final battle involves having to throw a shoe over a building the fantastic four have no chance.
"Galactus, why don't you fuck off"

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #8608 on: May 13, 2024, 08:49:56 am »
Rumours floating around that The Rock could be playing Apocalypse in the live action X-Men  MCU films.

Feels like that's either gonna be really good or really bad, not quite sure where i stand on that one! 
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8609 on: May 13, 2024, 09:10:16 am »
Rumours floating around that The Rock could be playing Apocalypse in the live action X-Men  MCU films.

Feels like that's either gonna be really good or really bad, not quite sure where i stand on that one! 

If the Rock is in it then its guaranteed to be shite.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8610 on: May 13, 2024, 12:54:06 pm »

I'll be amazed if that's true. Seems like the least Marvel-like casting for Apocalypse possible.

Doubt they'd touch him after the abomination of Black Adam in any case.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #8611 on: May 13, 2024, 01:03:46 pm »
Always felt with The Rock he was good in movies where he isnt the main character but more of a main side character if that makes sense.

If he had limited time on screen and maybe just the few lines here and there but lines that were impactful then i think it could be a good move.

But from what it sounds like, he doesnt like to be beaten apparently...
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8612 on: May 13, 2024, 01:03:56 pm »
I’m a sucker for mad casting choices so bring it on.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8613 on: May 13, 2024, 02:11:49 pm »
I've only ever seen him in Jumanji, which I enjoyed, but for some reason, whenever I now see a film appearing with him it, I know it's not going to be my cup of tea. Does that make sense?

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8614 on: May 13, 2024, 02:16:12 pm »
The Rock has become pretty unlikeable, always advertising his shitty tequila and pretending to binge eat. He can only play one character too and Apocalypse isn't that character.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8615 on: May 13, 2024, 04:56:12 pm »
The Rock has become pretty unlikeable, always advertising his shitty tequila and pretending to binge eat. He can only play one character too and Apocalypse isn't that character.

Apocalypse as a loud mouthed badass jock, who is also an anti-hero because Dwayne doesn't want to play a full villain, just a hero who plays by his own rules

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8616 on: May 13, 2024, 06:24:20 pm »
Apocalypse as a loud mouthed badass jock, who is also an anti-hero because Dwayne doesn't want to play a full villain, just a hero who plays by his own rules

I assume the eyebrow thing is in every contract he signs too.