Author Topic: One Man's Mission to X $44 billion Goodbye  (Read 72617 times)

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Twitter?
« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2022, 08:14:47 pm »
Musk is a dickhead and twitter is a cesspit so it does make sense that he is the one to own it.

No idea why anyone would use twitter anyway.

I do it because it’s the fastest way of me getting news from the tailored sources I want. I mean I watched the whole Angela Rayner affair breaking before the Sunday Fail even published it.

I trust my own instincts to filter news, and this platform is great for it.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2022, 08:27:10 pm »
If people are required to pay for the service, it will go the way of Netflix. I don’t think he is in it to make more money, he bought it for such an exorbitant price in spite of the platform actually failing to monetise the content.

I'm not saying people will have to pay for using Twitter. I'm saying that you can get a lot more money for selling people's data when you know exactly who they are, because they've had to verify their accounts, than you can when every fucker can register for your site and use fake data to do so.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2022, 08:27:35 pm »
Thank you.

You're on it?

Shut it down.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2022, 09:05:59 pm »
There are loads of great posters over there who use it as one of their primary publishing methods.

Like who? I can find everything out on twitter by watching a news channel.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: April 26, 2022, 09:07:21 pm »
Musk is a dickhead and twitter is a cesspit so it does make sense that he is the one to own it.

No idea why anyone would use twitter anyway.

Twitter is as good as you make it. It's really easy to make it a genuinely brilliant tool, for info gathering and entertainment, and avoid the cesspit side of it.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2022, 09:08:18 pm »
Like who? I can find everything out on twitter by watching a news channel.

If you're limiting it to just news then sure, however it is great if there is a "live" news story on going as the info comes out so much fast than any mainstream news source. I'd also say there are some exceptional experts in their fields who use it - this was particularly evident during Covid. However you do obviously have to vet whoever you're reading.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2022, 09:10:14 pm »
If your Twitter feed is a cesspit, that's more damning of you than the platform itself.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2022, 09:13:44 pm »
If your Twitter feed is a cesspit, that's more damning of you than the platform itself.

I’m not on it though? When I click on twitter links on here all I have to do is scroll down and see how many dickheads are on there commenting shite.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2022, 09:25:37 pm »
I’m not on it though? When I click on twitter links on here all I have to do is scroll down and see how many dickheads are on there commenting shite.

So don't scroll down and read the dickheads who comment for clout?

Not that hard. Feel pretty safe in saying that for most of us in here on Twitter, we're probably not there for the dickheads, but for the various experts, pundits, journalists, etc. and their tweets.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2022, 09:29:51 pm »

That's where you are going wrong. Never look at replies.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2022, 05:07:12 am »
I'm not saying people will have to pay for using Twitter. I'm saying that you can get a lot more money for selling people's data when you know exactly who they are, because they've had to verify their accounts, than you can when every fucker can register for your site and use fake data to do so.

I think for posting that should be the case, though I see your point in targeted data retrieval. But too many posters allowed to post anonymously can really ramp up the hate speech. Now, if you are like me who doesn’t actually post anything on Twitter, I should get to keep my reading privileges as is I think. If I have to put up my passport or pay to read the service, then I will probably consider my alternatives.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 27, 2022, 10:20:01 am »
Got permanently banned from Twitter a couple of weeks ago.  It was my go-to platform for football mainly but occasionally got involved in current affairs topics.

The first 24-hour ban was justified for me responding to a post about the Portugal national team by calling Cronaldo a rapist c*nt and Bernado Silva a disrespectful c*unt.  The 2nd week long ban was for responding to a bunch of dumbasses (probably Brexiters or Tory voters) by saying "One last time for the donkeys at the back...". Twitter didn't accept my explanation that I used donkeys for brevity and that I meant people were stubborn as a mule.

Then permanently for responding to my mate's comment by quoting Chris Rock ("cracker ass cracker").

Pretty lame compared to all the divisive shit that you see on there on a day-to-day basis.  With Musk taking over it's a good reason for me not to go back.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #292 on: April 27, 2022, 11:40:52 am »
Donkeys?

Am I missing something?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2022, 11:43:58 am »
Got permanently banned from Twitter a couple of weeks ago.  It was my go-to platform for football mainly but occasionally got involved in current affairs topics.

The first 24-hour ban was justified for me responding to a post about the Portugal national team by calling Cronaldo a rapist c*nt and Bernado Silva a disrespectful c*unt.  The 2nd week long ban was for responding to a bunch of dumbasses (probably Brexiters or Tory voters) by saying "One last time for the donkeys at the back...". Twitter didn't accept my explanation that I used donkeys for brevity and that I meant people were stubborn as a mule.

Then permanently for responding to my mate's comment by quoting Chris Rock ("cracker ass cracker").

Pretty lame compared to all the divisive shit that you see on there on a day-to-day basis.  With Musk taking over it's a good reason for me not to go back.

I Ddidnt realise that twitter gave a right to reply when banning/sin binning
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2022, 11:45:47 am »
You can certainly appeal. I’ve left my account on suspension (without appealing) for my own good.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2022, 12:00:30 pm »
You can certainly appeal. I’ve left my account on suspension (without appealing) for my own good.

Dont think I got one, was years ago though
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2022, 12:03:09 pm »
I've had my Twitter account for about 10 years and probably tweeted less than ten times. It's just a info gathering service for me rather than a 2 way communication tool. Hard to get banned that way.  ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2022, 12:24:41 pm »
Don’t drink & tweet!

I believe my suspension was for abusing a certain orange authoritarian. Somebody must have grassed me up. Bloody snowflakes etc.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2022, 12:27:43 pm »
Don’t drink & tweet!

I believe my suspension was for abusing a certain orange authoritarian. Somebody must have grassed me up. Bloody snowflakes etc.

You got suspended from work in the UK for sending abuse about the USA president? Do you work for the government or something?

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2022, 01:09:11 pm »
You got suspended from work in the UK for sending abuse about the USA president? Do you work for the government or something?

Lol, no, suspended from Twitter. I could appeal it (it’s been about 2 years), but figured it was best for me not to. I also deleted Facebook when I realised that I had only put it into sleep mode. As someone else said on here: they make it a total pain to fully delete it.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2022, 02:39:33 pm »
Donkeys?

Am I missing something?

As in, why is that insulting/hateful? No idea either!
I Ddidnt realise that twitter gave a right to reply when banning/sin binning

Might be a new thing but they'll email you to tell you that if you want to appeal you can contact the support team.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2022, 02:47:35 pm »
Lol, no, suspended from Twitter. I could appeal it (it’s been about 2 years), but figured it was best for me not to. I also deleted Facebook when I realised that I had only put it into sleep mode. As someone else said on here: they make it a total pain to fully delete it.

Can you even get suspended from being an Irn-Bru-tester? Would imagine they are pretty hard to find... ;)

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2022, 03:50:46 pm »
Can you even get suspended from being an Irn-Bru-tester? Would imagine they are pretty hard to find... ;)

I’ll have you know I gave up irn bru years ago after mixing it with vodka & throwing up on my cat.
Anyway, get back to your schnitzel, it’ll be getting cold.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 27, 2022, 04:00:14 pm »
So it looks like Musk wants to go the tiers/subscription route for this now. So much for FREE speech eh?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: April 27, 2022, 04:20:33 pm »
So it looks like Musk wants to go the tiers/subscription route for this now. So much for FREE speech eh?

Where have you heard this?

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 27, 2022, 04:23:16 pm »
Where have you heard this?

On Twitter  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #306 on: April 27, 2022, 04:26:24 pm »

I don't think there is any solid info on how he'll make changes yet.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2022, 04:31:39 pm »
I don't think there is any solid info on how he'll make changes yet.

Would you still use it if that’s the case?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2022, 04:35:12 pm »
Would you still use it if that’s the case?

Depends what the prices were and what each tier got you to be honest.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 27, 2022, 04:36:41 pm »
Twitter has its uses but certainly not worth paying anything for.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #310 on: April 27, 2022, 04:47:26 pm »
Twitter has its uses but certainly not worth paying anything for.

The only rumours I can see are from tweets he made a bit ago where he said the current "Blue" premium service should be lower in price and have no adverts.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: April 28, 2022, 09:02:38 am »
If you're upset about a sketchy billionaire owning a
social media company wait until you find out who owns
every single other thing that exists
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2022, 09:52:53 am »
If he removes the restrictions on reading tweets without being logged in I'll be happy.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #313 on: April 28, 2022, 12:14:02 pm »
If you're upset about a sketchy billionaire owning a
social media company wait until you find out who owns
every single other thing that exists

It's you isn't it Dave?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2022, 10:16:02 pm »
I got my lifetime ban during our home game with Atalanta in the CL in 2020 - I remember the email popping through as I was watching it.

I used the 'banned' account for browsing for well over a year (strange that they allow that, but I'm glad they did) but finally set up a new account last month with a new email address, and also didn't give my phone number, they haven't been able to connect the two accounts yet as they immediately closed a couple of new accounts that I opened at the back end of 2020.

The time away means I don't bite and respond to pricks anymore, but it's difficult sometimes. Even if you only follow good people the tossers are only a click away.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #315 on: May 1, 2022, 12:26:51 am »
If he removes the restrictions on reading tweets without being logged in I'll be happy.
I'd be happy with this as well. I do have a Twitter account but given how much of a shithole it is I don't use it anymore. It's a massive pain when people link stuff to Twitter that you can't view because you need an account.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #316 on: May 1, 2022, 08:08:31 am »

Twitter was not really about free speech. It may have been a method for people to speak though

Be surprised by nothing the unethical businessman does. Perhaps he will give it a hilarious new name. Or other bad ideas.

Musk: a man for people hypnotised by money. Cash Rules Everything Around Me.

You don't spend that money without a plan to get it back

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2022, 07:02:18 am »
How is twitter too left wing according to Musk?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: May 11, 2022, 02:42:12 pm »

Because he is a grade A c*nt.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 11, 2022, 06:10:47 pm »

Because the right are better at culture wars than the left.

"you cant say anything racist these days without the woke brigade shutting down free speech" 

and this is framed as a bad thing.