Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 201682 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2022, 10:31:21 am »
Its not great at all that the final tickets are mobile tickets, i mean if I did have a ticket I'd be worried about having me phone out with the number of mobile and wallet thefts that happened in Madrid. Can't even hide your ticket away somewhere now. Then theres the issue of your mobile battery running out with it being a long day till going to the stadium, imagine that running out and you cant charge it to get in!

fair point, but same real issue with physical tickets. a few people had their tickets swiped in Madrid (albeit it seemed like it was a bit of drunken recklessness that played into it). was also at least two fans who had their legitimate paper tickets rejected at the turnstile for no clear reason - you'd hope a (proper, i.e. not just a screenshot) e-ticket would prevent anything snide happening there.

I bet over half of those UEFA ballot tickets end up with Reds and see a lot sorted already, cos theres probably only us, Madrid and touts that are gonna have applied for those really, any City and Villarreal fans just don't need to.

i'm hoping you're right - but the CL final when the Reds are involved is basically Superbowl money for touts and anyone in the globe can enter unfortunately, as much as they suggest it's a mobile ticket and have the usual 'non-transferable' stuff. the limited time entry period hopefully works in our favour, hope we all get sorted from it... as a backup.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 10:33:38 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2022, 10:34:49 am »
They did that with loads at the final in Madrid too, somehow mine didn't get spotted on me and I kept hold of it, but I saw people pleading with them that they needed to keep in touch with people to no avail. Told them to collect them from a big pile at the end.

that might have been me  ;D

although tbf i had a huge brick powerbank that definitely could be used as a weapon. ended up speaking with one of the UEFA volunteers and she let me use her powerbank. i only wanted battery to take a couple pics  ;D
YNWA.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2022, 10:48:59 am »
keep an eye out in lidl. I got a finding nemo one for like three quid. Ill keep phone on it as long as possible then dump it  ;D
YNWA

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2022, 11:10:55 am »
Booked flights but does anyone know if there will be a big screen over there showing the game? Or is there loads of bars to watch the game in over there. Hope its not like wembley were they tell the pubs they cant show the game

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2022, 11:16:23 am »
that might have been me  ;D

although tbf i had a huge brick powerbank that definitely could be used as a weapon. ended up speaking with one of the UEFA volunteers and she let me use her powerbank. i only wanted battery to take a couple pics  ;D

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #365 on: April 28, 2022, 11:17:40 am »
Booked flights but does anyone know if there will be a big screen over there showing the game? Or is there loads of bars to watch the game in over there. Hope its not like wembley were they tell the pubs they cant show the game

The ground is just outside the city and there are a few bars and hotels around it so they might close but can't see anywhere in the city itself closing.
Legacy fan

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #366 on: April 28, 2022, 11:22:08 am »
The ground is just outside the city and there are a few bars and hotels around it so they might close but can't see anywhere in the city itself closing.

Yeah hopefully i just get a ticket if we get there saves looking for a boozer. Apparently madrid was hard to find somewhere with it on

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #367 on: April 28, 2022, 11:50:02 am »
Yeah hopefully i just get a ticket if we get there saves looking for a boozer. Apparently madrid was hard to find somewhere with it on
My mate had to go to a restaurant and order chips all night to keep watching it
YNWA

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #368 on: April 28, 2022, 12:08:56 pm »
They did that with loads at the final in Madrid too, somehow mine didn't get spotted on me and I kept hold of it, but I saw people pleading with them that they needed to keep in touch with people to no avail. Told them to collect them from a big pile at the end.

Mardid away CL feb 2020 I had a big one and they took it off me, they put a sticker on it and gave me a raffle ticket to collect it back after, worked very well tbf still got the sticker on it

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: April 28, 2022, 12:13:12 pm »
Trains to and from Brussels seem to be starting to sell out now

First class not too much more expensive on most trains now they're on the last few standards left so given ourselves a nice upgrade

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #370 on: April 28, 2022, 12:36:14 pm »

First class not too much more expensive on most trains now they're on the last few standards left so given ourselves a nice upgrade

How are you then getting to Paris from Brussels?

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2022, 01:04:10 pm »

Train...

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2022, 01:24:34 pm »

nothing confirmed but it won't surprise me if it's similar to what Madrid did - i.e. no public screening because they know the city will just get shutdown by fans otherwise, not to mention the likely covid pressure too.
YNWA.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2022, 01:30:20 pm »
Doing Eurostar to Lille and back, Saturday and Sunday

Train prices aren't too bad at the moment from Lille to Paris, takes about an hour

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2022, 01:39:56 pm »

I did say to and from :D

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2022, 01:40:30 pm »
World choice sports charter options out for the final....

Day trip is £649 from Liverpool

They're also offering 1 and 2 night stays

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2022, 01:49:02 pm »

After Kiev anyone going with these must be mad

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2022, 01:50:39 pm »

Fucking hell

Disgraceful company that

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2022, 01:54:44 pm »
Fucking hell

Disgraceful company that

Yea, that price though isn’t gonna be much different to what it’ll be with others, it sure won’t be less than £500

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2022, 02:25:32 pm »

Two day trip is £949 with a 3* hotel! :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2022, 02:49:24 pm »
Yea, that price though isn’t gonna be much different to what it’ll be with others, it sure won’t be less than £500
Agree, I did a TC day trip to Basel in 2016 and Kiev 2018, I kinda understood the vast difference in price between the two, but once they all knew they could sell out with a waiting list it’s been silly money since. Madrid included.
Eurostar already booked for 129 euros and a bet to cover not being there! Happy days!!

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2022, 03:12:28 pm »
Train...

Sorry, I though they were talking about travailing from the UK to Brussels by train, hence my question. Realise now they meant train from Brussels to Paris.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #382 on: April 28, 2022, 03:13:38 pm »
Two day trip is £949 with a 3* hotel! :o

World Choice Sports are an awful provider, they cancelled on people going to Benfica ON THE DAY.

They also lied about having planes for Kiev.

Do not use them.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #383 on: April 28, 2022, 03:14:39 pm »
We were already booked to be in Paris for the weekend, travelling out by Eurostar on the Friday and coming back Tuesday.

We've got the Saturday free as well.
Legacy fan

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: April 28, 2022, 03:15:00 pm »
We were already booked to be in Paris for the weekend, travelling out by Eurostar on the Friday and coming back Tuesday.

We've got the Saturday free as well.

Now that is good planning!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2022, 03:16:14 pm »
Now that is good planning!

I hadn't planned it like that, my wife is a bit suspicious now though  ;D
Legacy fan

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2022, 03:25:54 pm »
Agree, I did a TC day trip to Basel in 2016 and Kiev 2018, I kinda understood the vast difference in price between the two, but once they all knew they could sell out with a waiting list it’s been silly money since. Madrid included.
Eurostar already booked for 129 euros and a bet to cover not being there! Happy days!!

The cover bet is genius. I have my flights/hotel already booked for this and didn’t think to do that. Nice one!!!

Offline david25113051

• Main Stander
« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2022, 06:17:32 pm »

i know loads city fans have gone this route    as i work with loads off them and was saying booked on train

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2022, 07:45:55 pm »
I booked flights on way back last night. Booked on Kiwi.com with a flexisaver rate. For another £150 I can cancel up to 48 hours before the flight and get 90% refund. Being in the ballot made that the best option.  Worries now that I didn’t read the T&Cs thoroughly enough but it seems kosher.

Has anybody used this before?

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2022, 07:51:40 pm »
Sorry, I though they were talking about travailing from the UK to Brussels by train, hence my question. Realise now they meant train from Brussels to Paris.

Flights to and from Brussels were £24 return about 4 weeks ago when I booked it thursday to monday :)

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #390 on: April 28, 2022, 08:10:51 pm »
I've booked Manc to Brussels on the Friday evening, returning Sunday night via Frankfurt, about £200 each. Managed to get Business Saver going out so free lounge and that 😊
Also booked our trains to Paris for around £100 each but these look limited now.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #391 on: April 28, 2022, 09:04:50 pm »
Assuming we get past Villarreal on Tuesday Night
Are folk booking travel assuming (All Homes this season & 1 away from 19/20) will guarantee you a ticket ?

I’ve at least 1 away from 18/19 & 19/20 but still not confident in our ticket office

Could throw a curve ball in there
If theres no one at the crossroads..... give er loads!!!

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #392 on: April 28, 2022, 09:28:34 pm »
Are folk booking travel assuming (All Homes this season & 1 away from 19/20) will guarantee you a ticket ?

I’ve at least 1 away from 18/19 & 19/20 but still not confident in our ticket office

That would be fine. Club would get a huge amount of backlash if they didn't have a guaranteed sale- they would essentially be using covid as an excuse for not having the sale, which wouldn't make any sense.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #393 on: April 28, 2022, 10:14:02 pm »

19/20 should be sound yeno.
Don’t think they’ll use 18/19 as our 19/20 euro campaign was completed before covid.

Online SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #394 on: April 28, 2022, 11:08:10 pm »
I’ve got a couple of older mates who aren’t that great with technology and to cut a long story short they messed up this season and didn’t opt into the CL auto cup.

They’ve got full credits for every other season, will the ballot (assuming we get there) be primarily done on this seasons homes?

Or do we think they could do all homes from this season OR 2019-20 (given the no credits counting because of covid etc) plus one away from 19-20? (they’ve got at least two aways from that season I think)

Or are they basically screwed for this season’s potential final because of missing out on the homes? Be devastated for them if that’s the case, but they’ve found themselves in a pretty unique scenario here I’m guessing

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #395 on: April 28, 2022, 11:21:04 pm »
I’ve got a couple of older mates who aren’t that great with technology and to cut a long story short they messed up this season and didn’t opt into the CL auto cup.

They’ve got full credits for every other season, will the ballot (assuming we get there) be primarily done on this seasons homes?

Or do we think they could do all homes from this season OR 2019-20 (given the no credits counting because of covid etc) plus one away from 19-20? (they’ve got at least two aways from that season I think)

Or are they basically screwed for this season’s potential final because of missing out on the homes? Be devastated for them if that’s the case, but they’ve found themselves in a pretty unique scenario here I’m guessing

Used homes from this season for League Cup and FA Cup games at Wembley, so that will be the same for the UCL final if we get there (homes have counted as a credit, but only for games this season). Only difference is they will use aways from the last season where they counted as a credit (19-20) in order to guarantee those who would have been guaranteed in normal circumstances.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #396 on: April 28, 2022, 11:27:57 pm »

Regardless of whether they did the CL auto cup or not, they could have still bought all 6 games. Did they do that or not bother at all?
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #397 on: April 28, 2022, 11:52:39 pm »
They are screwed unless they have all the CL homes this season

Unfortunately

Why didn’t they try and purchase each game as it came available with full credits in hand ?

Online SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2022, 12:29:09 am »
Thanks lads, thought that would be the case. I’m not totally sure exactly what they’ve managed to do to get in this mess and why they just didn’t start buying the games individually.

Possibly thought they were sorted on ACS until it was too late and they’d already missed out on the first group game? Or might have even thought that if they were out of the auto cup they were out of CL full stop for the season.

If they’d have let me know sooner I could have helped them out with it, but only found out they’d not been going the homes this season the other week. 

So am I right in thinking it will only be this season they’re screwed for, and that when 2021-22 starts they’ll be back in business because credits will be used from 2019-20?

Can’t be many that have multiple aways from 2019-20 (and this season) but aren’t even eligible to go into the ballot

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2022, 12:31:02 am »
Yes no credits carried from this season

Just make sure they purchase AC CL when it goes live

👍👍