Author Topic: Band Audition  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Band Audition
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2023, 12:19:39 pm »
Sorry you didn't get that mate.

I know a few people that play, but there are no bands I know looking at the mo.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2023, 12:36:19 pm »
Sorry you didn't get that mate.

I know a few people that play, but there are no bands I know looking at the mo.
Ta mate. Wasn't a case of me not getting it, it was a case of them not getting me.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2023, 01:20:32 pm »
How old were these guys?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2023, 01:47:06 pm »
Ta mate. Wasn't a case of me not getting it, it was a case of them not getting me.

:D

Fair enough. I've had a few auditions in another life where some bands I turned up to see were pretty odd. The bands I ended up with were pretty odd as well to be fair (But basically decent peeps) - always a strange period being in a band because the liklihood is that you don't really get on and the people in it are very, very different to yourself.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2023, 03:23:19 pm »

BA DUM TISH

No fuckin' drummer are you, it's BA DUM TSS (etc)  :-*

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/e7_i9FQ-Mjk&amp;t=6s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/e7_i9FQ-Mjk&amp;t=6s</a>

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2023, 08:52:26 pm »
:D

Fair enough. I've had a few auditions in another life where some bands I turned up to see were pretty odd. The bands I ended up with were pretty odd as well to be fair (But basically decent peeps) - always a strange period being in a band because the liklihood is that you don't really get on and the people in it are very, very different to yourself.
They were nice enough fellas, just a bit shite in their musical skills and a severe lack of professional skills as well.
I won't let this put me off and will try other projects out, but make sure I do a bit of homework with any prospective new bands or musicians.
Always best to have proper chats before jumping into a rehearsal room feet first. 

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2023, 10:39:52 am »
We had a load of crusties in the pub last night for the monthly open mic night.  How some people think they can sing is beyond me 🤦

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2023, 12:48:47 pm »
We had a load of crusties in the pub last night for the monthly open mic night.  How some people think they can sing is beyond me 🤦
This time last year we were in Hebden Bridge. They had an open mic in the pub we were in one night. Some good stuff. Some scarily awful too. 😱
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2023, 03:30:57 pm »
This time last year we were in Hebden Bridge. They had an open mic in the pub we were in one night. Some good stuff. Some scarily awful too. 😱

The guitar playing wasn't bad but the singing as woeful or non existent in that the words were spoken not sung. 

Weird female accompaniments with rice shakers, mop heads on speakers and those things you hum into to make a zzzzzzz type noise.

All of them with straggly long hair, even longer beards (not the women although 🤔) and very badly fitting crusty cardigans.

Very strange bunch 😳

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2023, 07:34:55 pm »
The guitar playing wasn't bad but the singing as woeful or non existent in that the words were spoken not sung. 

Weird female accompaniments with rice shakers, mop heads on speakers and those things you hum into to make a zzzzzzz type noise.

All of them with straggly long hair, even longer beards (not the women although 🤔) and very badly fitting crusty cardigans.

Very strange bunch 😳
It’s true then. ABBA are making a comeback
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2023, 08:45:48 pm »
4 piece rock band is forthcoming.  :wave

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2023, 08:51:53 pm »
🤘🏻🤘🏻

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2023, 11:51:36 am »
I've seen your video's on YouTube and your versions of Sultans of swing, Hotel California and Comfortably numb are epic.

Anybody who hasn't seen this then click it and watch, you're in for a treat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=599Hh-VNG7E

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2023, 12:06:00 pm »

Nice one Terry! Got a name yet?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2023, 12:17:35 pm »
Nice one Terry! Got a name yet?
Yes mate, Fill Yer Boots.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2023, 12:20:20 pm »

This is why I absolutely HATE Karaoke. What kind of night out is it where you cannot talk to the people you are with, as you cannot hear them due to the noise of some talentless fuckwit murdering New York New York or some other such song?

Nice one
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2023, 01:02:20 pm »
Yes mate, Fill Yer Boots.
Nice name. 😃

Watching your YouTube videos has me thinking playing must be so cathartic. The ability to play well must be one of the most amazing ways to express yourself that there is.

I've always loved music, but could never learn to play. Anxiety and an inability to believe I could ever master it always got in the way. I'd beat myself up, feel I was hopeless then put the instrument away. I've still got an acoustic guitar, a bass guitar, but sold my early 80s Yamaha CS5 synth years ago.

Earlier this year I thought, sod it, and I bought myself a Novation MiniNova synth. No pressure, just piss about with it and make some noise. I've no idea what I'm doing, but after finally working out how to fly the Starship Enterprise work an audio interface I managed to burn a six minute two track piece to CD. A bit Blade Runnerish. Probably totally shite, but I enjoyed messing about and seeing what came of it.

I did go on to mess up numerous takes of Are 'Friends' Electric? though.  :-[

But anyway, it's great watching you do what you do. Even just making a racket is somehow cathartic for me. With your talent, it must be amazing for you.

All the best with your new adventure. 🎸
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2023, 01:07:15 pm »
This is why I absolutely HATE Karaoke. What kind of night out is it where you cannot talk to the people you are with, as you cannot hear them due to the noise of some talentless fuckwit murdering New York New York or some other such song?

Nice one

Thankfully they're not in the main part of the pub and only have a mic with no speakers so they don't really intrude but God they're a weird bunch 😂

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2023, 01:08:06 pm »

Great stuff Terry 👍

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2023, 01:18:00 pm »
Nice name. 😃

Watching your YouTube videos has me thinking playing must be so cathartic. The ability to play well must be one of the most amazing ways to express yourself that there is.

I've always loved music, but could never learn to play. Anxiety and an inability to believe I could ever master it always got in the way. I'd beat myself up, feel I was hopeless then put the instrument away. I've still got an acoustic guitar, a bass guitar, but sold my early 80s Yamaha CS5 synth years ago.

Earlier this year I thought, sod it, and I bought myself a Novation MiniNova synth. No pressure, just piss about with it and make some noise. I've no idea what I'm doing, but after finally working out how to fly the Starship Enterprise work an audio interface I managed to burn a six minute two track piece to CD. A bit Blade Runnerish. Probably totally shite, but I enjoyed messing about and seeing what came of it.

I did go on to mess up numerous takes of Are 'Friends' Electric? though.  :-[

But anyway, it's great watching you do what you do. Even just making a racket is somehow cathartic for me. With your talent, it must be amazing for you.

All the best with your new adventure. 🎸
Thanks mate.
Music has been a huge part of my life since the age of 10.
My older brother played and still does acoustic guitar and I remember him and a few mates having a little get-together at our local playground.
Within seconds of them playing, a large group of girls appeared from nowhere, and I thought, that's a good job.
I've never had lessons and very early just studied what he and his mates were playing, chord shapes, etc..
He had a steady girlfriend by this stage and he used to lock his guitar away and I found a way of picking the lock and freeing the guitar up for a few hours.
Our Dad was onto me and told me that I was already better than my older brother.
The next Christmas, he and my Mum bought me a cheap student acoustic and the rest was history.

Great stuff Terry 👍
Ta Debs.  :wave

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2023, 02:02:36 pm »
Great story, Terry.  :D🎸

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2023, 02:04:56 pm »

Nice one
Ta Rob

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2023, 06:33:00 pm »
Good one Terry

Hope you smash it

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2023, 06:38:20 pm »
I've seen your video's on YouTube and your versions of Sultans of swing, Hotel California and Comfortably numb are epic.

Anybody who hasn't seen this then click it and watch, you're in for a treat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=599Hh-VNG7E
Thanks for this.

Had a listen Terry. Love it. A great talent not just the playing and singing but doing it with the backing tracks as well. Love that you do Summer of 69, we do that one

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2023, 06:39:12 pm »
Great news Terry, well done!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2023, 11:46:40 am »
Nice one Terry, going to have to check out those YouTube vids

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2023, 11:41:39 pm »
You're all too kind, thank you.  :wave