Author Topic: David Moyes was the manager of Manchester United  (Read 3101917 times)

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
Re: David Moyes is still the manager of Manchester United
« Reply #13200 on: December 3, 2013, 06:02:42 pm »
was only quoting your post mate so I could make a sarcastic post of my own about the nomination ;D
Life time achievement award is exactly what they made it into that year which isn't fair on whoever the real winner should of been that year.

Giggs with that, Januzaj now and even further back Demento getting a knighthood for winning a treble (yes he probably deserves one now but not then he didn't), it's funny how these things happen to them isn't it.

Beckham receiving a lifetime achievement award in his mid 30's was fucking hilarious too.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13201 on: December 3, 2013, 06:08:39 pm »
Ferguson was just lucky to receive his at a time where it was sort of becoming the vogue thing to do to give sports stars OBEs and such. Had he won the treble in 2006 instead he wouldn't be Sir.

Giggs' award was a lifetime achievement award, Januzaj's is a silly, undeserved nomination. I don't see the big deal though. I mean.. seriously. It's a fucking glorified TV award. This is the same station that payed Mark Lawrenson and Garth Crooks salaries for their opinions on football. I really don't see why people are getting so worked up about it. Oh no, the purveyor of mediocre football programming have some weird bias for Manchester United.
I will reiterate that it is slightly weird how everyone in favour always seems to be from Utd  but that isn't why the glorified TV award thing is pissing me off personally, it's because I just can't work out what goes through these people's heads doing all this stuff when it's clear everybody bar them know it's a fucking joke.
I mean how can they justify Giggs winning it as a lifetime achievement award when it's clearly for the sportsman who excelled throughout that year.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #13202 on: December 3, 2013, 06:11:24 pm »
It would be fucking hilarious if Everton beat United tomorrow. Absolutely fucking hilarious. Apart from the fact we would never hear the last of it form the bitters but still, I'd love it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #13203 on: December 3, 2013, 06:13:22 pm »
It would be fucking hilarious if Everton beat United tomorrow. Absolutely fucking hilarious. Apart from the fact we would never hear the last of it form the bitters but still, I'd love it.

Me too.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13204 on: December 3, 2013, 06:18:07 pm »
Beckham receiving a lifetime achievement award in his mid 30's was fucking hilarious too.
as with the drunken ones knighthood these things should be given once their careers have ended, simple as that.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13205 on: December 3, 2013, 06:25:35 pm »

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13206 on: December 3, 2013, 06:27:33 pm »
Tryig to get back on topic...United v Everton tomorrow. How do we see that one going? Bit of pressure on Moyes for this one, he wouldn't want the indignity of losing to his old club, especially when they haven't won away at any of the old ( :() big 4 in 10 years - I forgot under who's management that was!

Everton will be full of confidence, I can see them going there and giving it a good go which in itself seems weird to type. Sensible head on I suppose a draw would be the best result all round although I would be interested in the reactions all round were Everton to win.

Thoughts?
usually I want the bitters to win as it doesn't make a difference in the whole scheme of things, the last 2 years have been a lot harder to choose sides but still I went for the bitters.
This year I really don't have a clue who I want to win ,hate them both and want both sets of fans to feel pissed off tomorrow night and a draw won't result in any of that ,yes  it's the most sensible outcome for us in regards to the table but if I had to go for one it would still be a Everton win as I still think they won't keep up this good form of theirs all season.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #13207 on: December 3, 2013, 06:27:59 pm »

I was waiting for someone to post that :D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13208 on: December 3, 2013, 06:42:33 pm »
I was waiting for someone to post that :D

*takes a bow*
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13209 on: December 3, 2013, 06:50:45 pm »
I said exactly that today to a bluenose in work and I think he was quite shocked by my mellowness and general kindness towards our Merseyside brothers and sisters.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #13210 on: December 3, 2013, 06:53:30 pm »
Utd v Everton  I'd expect a draw and would consider it the best result ;)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #13211 on: December 3, 2013, 07:45:15 pm »
Utd v Everton  I'd expect a draw and would consider it the best result ;)
exactly, forget the emotion,a draw suits us best
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline dublinred101

• Thread closer.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quasimoto
« Reply #13212 on: December 3, 2013, 07:47:16 pm »
United are 8-11 tomoro I'm all over that think they'll beat everton comfortably.
Mosquito

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #13213 on: December 3, 2013, 09:14:36 pm »

Quote from: Jon2lfc
A question for the Man Utd fans on here:

What does Tom Cleverley bring to your team?

(I get the impression he's your version of Jordan Henderson, e.g. young, English, midfield, divides opinion, fans of other teams laugh at him....etc.)

Pretty much, he divides opinion and no other team rates him. I think every club has one or two of those. In my opinion, he is a good squad player, he was important in our title win last season, partnered Carrick quite a bit and did a decent job. While he doesn't offer much of an attacking threat in terms of creativity, is ball retention is very good, that's his strength.

He would be on a very small pay packet compared to some, so I am happy for him to add to the squad but we do need to upgrade in order to challenge in Europe. He has a role to play though.
That's what I can never understand. Most supporters of most teams will describe their "Cleverley" type of player as you have described your "Cleverley" type of player....who in your case is Cleverley  ;D
But surely a player (1 of 10 outfield players!) who is just in the team to "retain the ball" and nothing else is a bit of an unnecessary luxury for a team looking to win things?

I mean Xavi "retains the ball", but he also is the master creator/link player and is one of the reasons Barca have dominated Man U and others in recent years.

In our case, Lucas doesn't create much, or attack much, but he is a destroyer and protects our defence.
Henderson, runs around and harries a lot, but at least he gives the other team something to think about.

What also baffles is how Cleverley gets into the England team ahead of Henderson et al.
But maybe that's because Hodgson is manager  ;D

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #13214 on: December 3, 2013, 09:15:03 pm »
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Dubs

• be good to me. MUFC fan
  • Main Stander
  • About time we won the league again
« Reply #13215 on: December 3, 2013, 09:15:21 pm »
Think we might sneak it tomo, just hope he puts out an attacking team, i want to see Nani and Januzaj start.

Offline Erics Collar Don't Mata

• always did look ridiculous.
  • Main Stander
  • Not arrogant, just better.
« Reply #13216 on: December 3, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »
That's what I can never understand. Most supporters of most teams will describe their "Cleverley" type of player as you have described your "Cleverley" type of player....who in your case is Cleverley  ;D
But surely a player (1 of 10 outfield players!) who is just in the team to "retain the ball" and nothing else is a bit of an unnecessary luxury for a team looking to win things?
Well he cost the club nothing, picks up a dime compared to some players per week, it's not a bad option in the squad. I mean he played a role last season, if he was that bad, teams would have bypassed him and it would have been like playing with 10 men, however they didn't, he maintained our tempo with Carrick, and well, we did ok last season.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13217 on: December 3, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »
Well he cost the club nothing, picks up a dime compared to some players per week, it's not a bad option in the squad. I mean he played a role last season, if he was that bad, teams would have bypassed him and it would have been like playing with 10 men, however they didn't, he maintained our tempo with Carrick, and well, we did ok last season.

i guess he's your Spearing then ?

• Main Stander
« Reply #13218 on: December 3, 2013, 10:04:18 pm »
i guess he's your Spearing then ?
Hey, he has been below par this season, no doubt but Spearing? c'mon mate  :D

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13219 on: December 3, 2013, 10:16:56 pm »
didn't you have to pay Bradford something for nicking him from them, which these days could amount to quite a bit

• Main Stander
« Reply #13220 on: December 3, 2013, 10:19:55 pm »
didn't you have to pay Bradford something for nicking him from them, which these days could amount to quite a bit
I'm sure there would have been some type of compensation paid to Bradford, not sure what rules were in place at the time but for a club like United, it would have been pocket change.

However, I fully expect to hear we paid them 20 million from some fans now to make it look worse  ;D

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13221 on: December 3, 2013, 10:25:39 pm »
I'm sure there would have been some type of compensation paid to Bradford, not sure what rules were in place at the time but for a club like United, it would have been pocket change.

However, I fully expect to hear we paid them 20 million from some fans now to make it look worse  ;D
we paid 5 million (potentially) for Sterling so with Cleverly going to you a while before that it's got to be less you'd imagine.
Still its not for nothing though ;D

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #13222 on: December 3, 2013, 10:59:42 pm »
I didn't say win, I said challenge. And because you aren't so used to a title race I will explain it to you.
It means being within 5 points off the top with 10 games to go.

Haha, you cocky little ****.  I was watching us win back-to-back titles .... nay, three-on-the-spin AND 4 Euopean Cups before you were probably born.

United - current champions - 22pts from 39.  That IS NOT title challenging from and you can kid yourself all you like that you think it's going to dramatically improve, you don't convince me.  It isn't.  This is how United are going to be for the forseeable.  Why? Because Demento no longer reigns. David Moyes is the manager of Manchester United.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2013, 11:02:00 pm by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13223 on: December 3, 2013, 11:15:49 pm »
Forgive me for not taking a Liverpool fan's opinion that we are finished, i've heard it every season for 2 decades now.

We never die.

I thought the very same thing in 1990.  ;)
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13224 on: December 3, 2013, 11:25:00 pm »
I liked the understatement at the end of your paragraph! Yeah, I spose being champions was a good ending!  :)

But I reckon being a "Cleverley" must be the easiest role on a footy pitch!
You don't have to shoot, dribble, hollywood pass, tackle, harry, or anything fancy.
All you have to do is always be about 10 yards from the "main CM" (e.g. Carrick) to receive a pass, and then to release it.
Ball retention, eh? Easy for any pro footballer.

• Main Stander
« Reply #13225 on: December 3, 2013, 11:51:39 pm »
I liked the understatement at the end of your paragraph! Yeah, I spose being champions was a good ending!  :)

But I reckon being a "Cleverley" must be the easiest role on a footy pitch!
You don't have to shoot, dribble, hollywood pass, tackle, harry, or anything fancy.
All you have to do is always be about 10 yards from the "main CM" (e.g. Carrick) to receive a pass, and then to release it.
Ball retention, eh? Easy for any pro footballer.
Joe Allen 2.0?

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #13226 on: December 3, 2013, 11:57:30 pm »
seen it with us in 1990 onwards. The process is as follows
    The juggernaut slows down (stops winning/competing for trophies)
    it then remains for some short time gradually slowing down (so slow nobody can notice)
    It eventually gets noticed after some distance (insert no. of seasons) before grinding to a halt.
    People begin to leave the train (tried and trusted players)
    Others jump on (of a lesser quality(ala Paul Stewart. Mark Walters, (insert your own in time)
    The journey starts again all previous speeds reached and miles travelled becomes irrelavant.  And you have to start the journey again.

Oh yes forgot to mention ,on the analogy above the manager is the train driver so that means David Moyes is the manager/train driver of Manchester United,
« Last Edit: December 4, 2013, 12:00:34 am by PAULG »
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13227 on: December 4, 2013, 12:56:50 am »
Joe Allen 2.0?
Hahaha, you've got me there. I can't really argue with that analogy on the surface of it!
I'll need a few more knowledgeable LFC heads to bail me out on this one  ;D

Cleverley = Allen, eh?

• Main Stander
« Reply #13228 on: December 4, 2013, 01:01:55 am »
Hahaha, you've got me there. I can't really argue with that analogy on the surface of it!
I'll need a few more knowledgeable LFC heads to bail me out on this one  ;D

Cleverley = Allen, eh?
I reckon they are close. Both good players, don't offer any real goal threat, both useful in terms of the squad but won't get the team to the next level that we aspire to.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #13229 on: December 4, 2013, 07:03:35 am »
I am amazed that Cleverley has reached such heights meself. Cannot see anything special about the lad at all. He's a water-carrier and it's a little bit worrying if he's a promotee out of the reserves. That usually tends to suggest he's the best from that second string.

I suppose his mother loves him though . . . and Hodge-Podge has capped him an all... but then again that's hardly a feather in anyone's cap these days.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13230 on: December 4, 2013, 11:03:55 am »
Everton win please.

A defeat for United here would effectively ruin their league season.

We can catch Everton later.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13231 on: December 4, 2013, 11:07:15 am »

We can catch stay above Everton with a win of our own.

Fixed!

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13232 on: December 4, 2013, 11:14:37 am »
In the January transfer window I'd like to see David Moyes buy Fellaini again, just to make sure.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #13233 on: December 4, 2013, 11:24:02 am »
It would trigger a lot #Moyesout for sure. Heard Jones is suspended, so it will be Fellaini in the middle. It will be fun to watch that spanish kid running around him.  A draw would be good for us,
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13234 on: December 4, 2013, 11:31:55 am »
It's a close one but I think United will win this.

Also, Everton are due a defeat.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13235 on: December 4, 2013, 11:53:01 am »
Apparently David "Come on feel the noise" is expecting a mixed reception from the crowd tonight.

Does he mean the Everton fans or United's?  ;)

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #13236 on: December 4, 2013, 12:15:50 pm »
I'm looking forward to this match, postives for every outcome. Just hope we can take advantage and bag the 3 points.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13237 on: December 4, 2013, 12:41:55 pm »
I want Everton to be the better side, score and then United score late to equalise, no doubt from an Ashley Young induced penalty when Kenwright looks at him in the wrong way from the director's box.

That gives us the result that suits us best, confirms United's continuing decline to mediocrity but makes them feel good about the result due to the nature of the equaliser and Moyes is still thought to be "getting it right".

Ten more years!!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #13238 on: December 4, 2013, 01:04:36 pm »
Remember that "You don't always get what you want" - as the song says. ::) ::) :P

I think it could be a very tasty encounter tonight. Wouldn't be surprised to see both of 'em finish with 10 men on the park. As long as one of the early bathers isn't the Roonster, I can see United pinching this 2-1
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13239 on: December 4, 2013, 01:47:48 pm »
Maybe it's worth reminding how abysmal Everton have been at OT.

Manchester United have won 16 of their 21 Premier League home games against Everton, with four matches drawn.

Everton won the first one, since then 16 losses and 4 draws.

This is a home banker for Man utd. A sure 3 points. If Moyes fecks this up... ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.