Author Topic: David Moyes was the manager of Manchester United  (Read 3107955 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: David Moyes is still the manager of Manchester United
« Reply #13160 on: December 3, 2013, 10:19:06 am »
well Giggs won SPOTY after playing 16 odd league games that year as a token gesture to his longevity in the game so why not Januzaj for the youth version eh

Fair point. He's had a great career.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13161 on: December 3, 2013, 10:46:15 am »
Fair point. He's had a great career.
thats exactly the point mate, Giggs has had a great career but SPOTY is for who's performed the greatest throughout that calendar year ,the fake Welsh prick didn't deserve that accolade and after 3-4 months of football in and around Utd's first team Januzaj doesn't deserve to even be mentioned in this.

This is nothing we all don't know to be true and even their fans will think it's ridiculous but it just pisses me off that those making the decisions on this think we're stupid enough to not see it.

And as you said I'd have Behranio (can't spell it either :)) ahead of him as far as young footballers go.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13162 on: December 3, 2013, 10:48:10 am »

And as you said I'd have Behranio (can't spell it either :)) ahead of him as far as young footballers go.

Before Kerry and Eric get all upset, i think Januzaj is the more talented but hios nomination seems to be built purely on his potential. He's looked very good but has won one game for his side. The Baggies fella (easier!) has probably done more than that.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13163 on: December 3, 2013, 10:49:26 am »
... the reality is they're better than us but nowhere near league winning.

This is really true but it's getting totally ignored.

United will most likely pip us to fourth (though I think it will be close), but the strange thing is that Moyes has managed to lower expectations so low, so quickly, that this will be thought of as a successful season for United.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13164 on: December 3, 2013, 11:11:19 am »
Before Kerry and Eric get all upset, i think Januzaj is the more talented but hios nomination seems to be built purely on his potential. He's looked very good but has won one game for his side. The Baggies fella (easier!) has probably done more than that.
in truth neither deserve it because to get nominated for this award they should of been performing consistently in their sport for the whole year which they haven't.
And for Kerry/Eric's benefit I would of said exactly the same thing this time last year had Sterling been nominated for it ;D

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #13165 on: December 3, 2013, 11:13:29 am »
well Giggs won SPOTY after playing 16 odd league games that year as a token gesture to his longevity in the game so why not Januzaj for the youth version eh
I thought you were joking earlier, but this has actually happend.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13166 on: December 3, 2013, 11:34:34 am »
I thought you were joking earlier, but this has actually happend.
not sure on the exact numbers but he didn't play much that year (i remember someone saying 16 league games at the time),and didn't do anything really of note but somehow won the thing.

It's a bit like them giving it to Carra last year just because he was coming to the end of his career.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13167 on: December 3, 2013, 11:38:25 am »
Nomination for young SPOTY......can you guess who?

The Manchester United winger has started just four league games and played a total of 537 minutes of senior football.

Oh my sweet Jesus! :lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13168 on: December 3, 2013, 12:12:20 pm »

No, I agree with you, but it's only the BBC YSPOTY, why are some of you so worked up about him being nominated?
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #13169 on: December 3, 2013, 12:13:55 pm »
Bleedin' hell - sweet Jesus hasn't been nominated too has he? No-one else stands a ferkin' chance then do they :P :P  ;D
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13170 on: December 3, 2013, 12:16:08 pm »
Don't know why the surprise over this.  Didn't that Mecheda get knighted a couple of yrs ago for scoring a few? 

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13171 on: December 3, 2013, 12:17:13 pm »
It's not a gamble when it goes to charity is it. It all goes to a good cause, and one of your choice. So back that 'swagger' of yours up and bet him a sum you deem reasonable to give to charity you mouthy miserable fuck!

I've already had a couple of bets with lads in here, which goes to the Hillsborough fund.

If it's not a gamble when it goes to charity, how about the two of you make that 5 grand bet yourselves? Top scorer out of Suarez and Sturridge would be a good one, I bet YOU don't.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2013, 12:20:41 pm by Kerry Kantona »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13172 on: December 3, 2013, 12:18:56 pm »
"Mouthy miserable fuck" is normally considered abuse. Even to a Manc. Be civil, or be gone.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13173 on: December 3, 2013, 12:26:52 pm »
Bleedin' hell - sweet Jesus hasn't been nominated too has he? No-one else stands a ferkin' chance then do they :P :P  ;D
:D

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13174 on: December 3, 2013, 12:32:08 pm »
No, I agree with you, but it's only the BBC YSPOTY, why are some of you so worked up about him being nominated?
it's just a bit fucking daft though isn't it, someone who's only played for 3-4 months (regardless of who he plays for) can be up for sportsman of the WHOLE year.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13175 on: December 3, 2013, 12:33:47 pm »
Because it's a crock of shit, biased as usual towards the Mancs. How hard is that to compute?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13176 on: December 3, 2013, 12:35:20 pm »
it's just a bit fucking daft though isn't it, someone who's only played for 3-4 months (regardless of who he plays for) can be up for sportsman of the WHOLE year.

Yes, in fairness it's a bit daft.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13177 on: December 3, 2013, 12:35:54 pm »
I see Ross Barkley's not up for it, funny that.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #13178 on: December 3, 2013, 12:37:23 pm »
Also, as poor as Ashley Young has been this season, fair play to him here, this is a nice gesture.

As much as I dislike Young, this is very nice !!

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13179 on: December 3, 2013, 12:37:33 pm »
I see Ross Barkley's not up for it, funny that.

He's too old.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13180 on: December 3, 2013, 12:39:31 pm »
He's scored in one game :lmao :lmao :lmao
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13181 on: December 3, 2013, 12:39:39 pm »
He's too old.
My apologies I didn't realise that. It was just someone who similarly had broken through in their respective team this season and who has arguably done better.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13182 on: December 3, 2013, 12:43:56 pm »
My apologies I didn't realise that. It was just someone who similarly had broken through in their respective team this season and who has arguably done better.

I think the criteria is 17 and under in January 2013.

Don't worry about Barkley,I'm sure he will get the recognition he deserves at the next PFA YPOTY awards.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13183 on: December 3, 2013, 12:55:00 pm »
I've already had a couple of bets with lads in here, which goes to the Hillsborough fund.

If it's not a gamble when it goes to charity, how about the two of you make that 5 grand bet yourselves? Top scorer out of Suarez and Sturridge would be a good one.
I wouldn't have that kind of money. I laughed meself when i seen him say 5 grand. Was a mad figure. I would have money i deem reasonable to give to charity, i give to various ones through the year year, but thats beside the point, it's not a pissing contest. He called you on a bet because you've been mouthy all through the thread the last couple of pages to see if you can back that swagger up
I bet YOU don't.
haha Let's say i take you up on that bet, i can then go conspire with Lee to make a bet to take your money. Fuck me you're a clever boy
"Mouthy miserable fuck" is normally considered abuse. Even to a Manc. Be civil, or be gone.
I'll swerve the thread alltogether so. Full of mancs anyway, coming out with the same smart arse clever comments me 13 year old utd following nephew comes out with. Except it's clever when it comes form a kid. Place has gone to shit

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13184 on: December 3, 2013, 01:22:21 pm »
I wouldn't have that kind of money. I laughed meself when i seen him say 5 grand. Was a mad figure. I would have money i deem reasonable to give to charity, i give to various ones through the year year, but thats beside the point, it's not a pissing contest. He called you on a bet because you've been mouthy all through the thread the last couple of pages to see if you can back that swagger uphaha Let's say i take you up on that bet, i can then go conspire with Lee to make a bet to take your money. Fuck me you're a clever boy I'll swerve the thread alltogether so. Full of mancs anyway, coming out with the same smart arse clever comments me 13 year old utd following nephew comes out with. Except it's clever when it comes form a kid. Place has gone to shit
I've already made a couple of bets with lads on here, that's enough for me.
I've not offered you any bet, I said you and him should gamble with each other if you both think gambling 5 grand is "only charity"

Offline Lee1970

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13185 on: December 3, 2013, 01:51:53 pm »
I've already made a couple of bets with lads on here, that's enough for me.
I've not offered you any bet, I said you and him should gamble with each other if you both think gambling 5 grand is "only charity"

Fair enough if you don't want to take up the bet,  I would not have taken it if I was you...

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13186 on: December 3, 2013, 03:14:19 pm »
I'll swerve the thread alltogether so. Full of mancs anyway, coming out with the same smart arse clever comments me 13 year old utd following nephew comes out with. Except it's clever when it comes form a kid. Place has gone to shit
You will be told off for that.

I concur, we are bending over backwards to over-accomodate our hated rivals on a LIVERPOOL forum. Too broad-minded to take our own side in a quarrel.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13187 on: December 3, 2013, 03:21:38 pm »
You will be told off for that.

I concur, we are bending over backwards to over-accomodate our hated rivals on a LIVERPOOL forum. Too broad-minded to take our own side in a quarrel.

erm you take it on an individual basis. Why are you judging all manc paters on a select few some who have been here years like Johnno and Rosso?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13188 on: December 3, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »
As much as I dislike Young, this is very nice !!

Did he fall over typing that?  ;) ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13189 on: December 3, 2013, 03:35:23 pm »
I was specifically talking about the ones trolling in this thread, *most* people know who I am talking about. Johnno for example I find an excellent poster in other thtreads etc. and tbf in this one he talks sense without any sly and not-so-sly digs.
Maybe I should have listed them and given them scores just to make it clear that I am not talking about all Manc contributors to this site, just to please all. :wave

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #13190 on: December 3, 2013, 03:39:39 pm »
I was specifically talking about the ones trolling in this thread, *most* people know who I am talking about. Johnno for example I find an excellent poster in other thtreads etc. and tbf in this one he talks sense without any sly and not-so-sly digs.
Maybe I should have listed them and given them scores just to make it clear that I am not talking about all Manc contributors to this site, just to please all. :wave
Kerry does go on a wind-up, and is getting worse. But calling him a c*nt bucket or what-have-you is really playing into his hands. Plus he is one, and reacting back en masse is a little bully-ish. Best to report the objectional posts and let the mods take care of it.

And if one of his posts really is bothering you, remember; David Moyes is the manager of Manchester United.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13191 on: December 3, 2013, 03:43:55 pm »
Nomination for young SPOTY......can you guess who?

The Manchester United winger has started just four league games and played a total of 537 minutes of senior football.

:lmao

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #13192 on: December 3, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »

Yes, and i was dead against that.  They should have given him a lifetime achievement award.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13193 on: December 3, 2013, 03:54:10 pm »
Just let me say Samie, i've got nothing against mancs doing the rounds on the site. Some are sound but you'd notice they're not in your face all the time with the 'good banter'. Personal experience has taught me there is no banter to be had between the two sets for long. You put a lid on it after a while. If folk are constantly in your face, noses eventually get put out of Joint.

Anyway.....Moyes is still the manager of utd

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13194 on: December 3, 2013, 03:56:12 pm »
Yes, and i was dead against that.  They should have given him a lifetime achievement award.

Exactly. One more Manc amongst the numerous pn that particular list wouldn't have made much of a difference.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13195 on: December 3, 2013, 03:58:28 pm »
Tryig to get back on topic...United v Everton tomorrow. How do we see that one going? Bit of pressure on Moyes for this one, he wouldn't want the indignity of losing to his old club, especially when they haven't won away at any of the old ( :() big 4 in 10 years - I forgot under who's management that was!

Everton will be full of confidence, I can see them going there and giving it a good go which in itself seems weird to type. Sensible head on I suppose a draw would be the best result all round although I would be interested in the reactions all round were Everton to win.

Thoughts?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13196 on: December 3, 2013, 04:32:27 pm »
I'd take a draw right now.. :wave

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Everton's last victory at Old Trafford came in the first Premier League encounter between the two sides in August 1992. The Toffees ran out 3-0 winners courtesy of goals from Peter Beardsley, Mo Johnston and Robert Warzycha.

Manchester United have won 16 of their 21 Premier League home games against Everton, with four matches drawn.

The Red Devils have scored more goals against Everton (84) than they have against any other Premier League side.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13197 on: December 3, 2013, 05:42:52 pm »
was only quoting your post mate so I could make a sarcastic post of my own about the nomination ;D
Life time achievement award is exactly what they made it into that year which isn't fair on whoever the real winner should of been that year.

Giggs with that, Januzaj now and even further back Demento getting a knighthood for winning a treble (yes he probably deserves one now but not then he didn't), it's funny how these things happen to them isn't it.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #13198 on: December 3, 2013, 05:43:56 pm »
Tryig to get back on topic...United v Everton tomorrow. How do we see that one going? Bit of pressure on Moyes for this one, he wouldn't want the indignity of losing to his old club, especially when they haven't won away at any of the old ( :() big 4 in 10 years - I forgot under who's management that was!

Everton will be full of confidence, I can see them going there and giving it a good go which in itself seems weird to type. Sensible head on I suppose a draw would be the best result all round although I would be interested in the reactions all round were Everton to win.

Thoughts?

Draw will be lovely if we win.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #13199 on: December 3, 2013, 05:55:28 pm »
was only quoting your post mate so I could make a sarcastic post of my own about the nomination ;D
Life time achievement award is exactly what they made it into that year which isn't fair on whoever the real winner should of been that year.

Giggs with that, Januzaj now and even further back Demento getting a knighthood for winning a treble (yes he probably deserves one now but not then he didn't), it's funny how these things happen to them isn't it.
Ferguson was just lucky to receive his at a time where it was sort of becoming the vogue thing to do to give sports stars OBEs and such. Had he won the treble in 2006 instead he wouldn't be Sir.

Giggs' award was a lifetime achievement award, Januzaj's is a silly, undeserved nomination. I don't see the big deal though. I mean.. seriously. It's a fucking glorified TV award. This is the same station that payed Mark Lawrenson and Garth Crooks salaries for their opinions on football. I really don't see why people are getting so worked up about it. Oh no, the purveyor of mediocre football programming have some weird bias for Manchester United.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light