Author Topic: Championship Manager 01/02 - UPDATED TO 2011!  (Read 112956 times)

Offline Daveh

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Championship Manager 01/02
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:57 pm »
Just downloading data update now, once again thanks mate, this is brilliant

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2011, 07:20:40 pm »
Just downloading data update now, once again thanks mate, this is brilliant

No problem.

I'm sure there are still plenty of things that need sorting, but it's a lot better than the previous upload.

You need to unzip the file and copy the folder over the Data folder in the C:\Program Files\Championship Manager 01-02 folder.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2011, 07:22:36 pm »
Nice one mate. I will get on that tomorrow ;)

Incidentally, why do all the games that you put a screen shot up of, display the date as 12/1/11?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2011, 07:26:38 pm »
Where do we put this update file?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2011, 07:26:41 pm »
Nice one mate. I will get on that tomorrow ;)

Incidentally, why do all the games that you put a screen shot up of, display the date as 12/1/11?

I hadn't noticed that! I shall look into it.

UPDATE: Because I was looking at previous fixtures and 12/1/11 is the current date in my game.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:28:30 pm by AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful »
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2011, 07:26:57 pm »
Where do we put this update file?

You need to unzip the file and copy the folder over the Data folder in the C:\Program Files\Championship Manager 01-02 folder.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2011, 07:29:20 pm »
I hadn't noticed that! I shall look into it.
Nowt gets past me :P

Out of curiosity, can you have full stadiums as the background pic? Like the Kop is empty, can you have a full one, for say European ties?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2011, 07:31:03 pm »

Do I need to delete any old files fella?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2011, 07:35:38 pm »
Do I need to delete any old files fella?

Yeah, you need to paste this over the top of the old Data folder. Copy it over everything.

Offline Anything Will Do

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2011, 07:48:13 pm »
When I try to confirm the patcher, it tells me that I need the latest official patch. Shall I download that?

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2011, 07:50:39 pm »
When I try to confirm the patcher, it tells me that I need the latest official patch. Shall I download that?

Nope. You just need to follow the instructions in the Word document and then download the newer data folder.

Offline Anything Will Do

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2011, 08:33:54 pm »
I've followed all the instructions as far as I'm aware, but its still saying it

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2011, 08:41:05 pm »
I've followed all the instructions as far as I'm aware, but its still saying it

Hmm. Not sure about that.

Does the game not work?

Offline Anything Will Do

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2011, 08:56:40 pm »
It's working and everything, just the date still says it's 2001, no worries mate!

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2011, 08:59:35 pm »
It's working and everything, just the date still says it's 2001, no worries mate!

I've never had any issues with the patch. You can either keep trying or just stick with 2001 as long as the players ages are ok.

Offline Anything Will Do

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2011, 09:15:04 pm »
Yeah, the players ages are normal, so I'll just stick with it. Cheers la

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2011, 09:18:16 pm »
Yeah, the players ages are normal, so I'll just stick with it. Cheers la

No worries mate.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2011, 09:23:14 pm »
I've been doing new background pictures for loads of players as well. That pack will go up another day though.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2011, 09:36:12 pm »
I've been doing new background pictures for loads of players as well. That pack will go up another day though.
:thumbup

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2011, 02:55:29 am »
as i don't have word on this machine, can someone please make a pdf of the instructions? abiword just displays all the images on top of each other so it's impossible to see what's going on.  i've had a guess as to what needs to be done (delete locked file, replace pics/data folders etc), but when i try to run the patcher it tells me i need the latest version, so i must be doing something wrong.

EDIT: sorted it now.  i wasn't copying the three files across, which is what caused the error.  and suddenly it's nearly 5am.  i knew there was a reason i gave up playing this game...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:46:26 am by sideshowme »
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2011, 09:37:27 am »
as i don't have word on this machine, can someone please make a pdf of the instructions? abiword just displays all the images on top of each other so it's impossible to see what's going on.  i've had a guess as to what needs to be done (delete locked file, replace pics/data folders etc), but when i try to run the patcher it tells me i need the latest version, so i must be doing something wrong.

EDIT: sorted it now.  i wasn't copying the three files across, which is what caused the error. and suddenly it's nearly 5am.  i knew there was a reason i gave up playing this game...
:lmao Ahhh Champy Man, the cause of unemployment and single-ness :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:44:25 am by oddball2514 »

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2011, 10:12:39 am »
:lmao Ahhh Champy Man, the cause of unemployment and single-ness :P

And one of the top contributors of divorce cases.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2011, 11:04:31 am »

EDIT: sorted it now.  i wasn't copying the three files across, which is what caused the error.  and suddenly it's nearly 5am.  i knew there was a reason i gave up playing this game...

You can download a Word viewer for free, for future reference: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=4

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2011, 11:10:36 am »
We could setup an online game once we're all happy with the database.

Anyone remember how to...cause I can't!?

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2011, 11:16:32 am »

Further to this, I did loads of new and better backgrounds for players last night.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2011, 12:25:23 pm »
We could setup an online game once we're all happy with the database.

Anyone remember how to...cause I can't!?
Not a clue, but im up for it!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2011, 12:25:54 pm »
And one of the top contributors of divorce cases.
Thats what I meant ya mel...my grammar is shocking though, so I will let you off, innit ;)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2011, 12:26:11 pm »
Further to this, I did loads of new and better backgrounds for players last night.
Sweet.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2011, 12:31:16 pm »
Not a clue, but im up for it!

I'll sort it out and host it on my pc. Must run like a breeze nowadays given how dated the game is.

Sweet.

Yeah, I spent about two hours sorting them out and got moaned at quite a bit by the wife!

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2011, 12:48:11 pm »
Is anyone using the update? How's it going?

There are a few more things I need to change, but it's much better than it was.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2011, 01:02:09 pm »
D/L now and its at .6mb of 494mb it will take 2 days

God speed internets

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2011, 01:03:17 pm »
D/L now and its at .6mb of 494mb it will take 2 days

God speed internets

Blimey, that is slow. Is it that you have a slow connection or is it the file itself?

Offline Daveh

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2011, 02:25:48 pm »

I've had a couple of hours on it, running fine

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2011, 02:26:44 pm »
If we are to do an online game, I would probably bagsy Liverpool. But not necessarily 100% as I may opt for a different challenge.

But before we decide who's who....who is up for it?

So far, we've got me and Oddball involved. Anyone else fancy a crack at it?

We'd have to set aside times of the week to play as well.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2011, 02:54:55 pm »
does the speed boost option on the patch make a difference?  i have enabled it and the game flies, but i suppose i should have tested how it worked on default on more modern hardware. 

while skipping the inbetween games bits is a real bonus, at the higher levels the speed boost does make the actual games unwatchable (sort of like premier manager 2 on ultra, for those who remember that... :)) and i don't have the reflexes to make effective reactive changes to the unfolding game.  at last i know what it must be like to be roy hodgson.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be heroes.
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2011, 02:57:48 pm »
What's the speed boost you're on about mate ?
Loves getting pissed and shagging brasses

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2011, 03:35:57 pm »
You can make the game literally go faster. I prefer not to change that myself.

If you want to change it back to normal, just reinstall the patch and set it to normal speed and it'll be fine.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2011, 03:49:57 pm »
it seems the speed boost doesn't really affect anything other than the actual matches.  the background updating etc seems to go just as fast on the default speed.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2011, 03:57:37 pm »

Not yet, been one of those days. How close are you to uploading that one mate, as I might wait?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2011, 03:58:45 pm »
I'll sort it out and host it on my pc. Must run like a breeze nowadays given how dated the game is.
On my laptop yea, on my shitty PC, no!

Yeah, I spent about two hours sorting them out and got moaned at quite a bit by the wife!
Poor wifey!