Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 594966 times)

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #8760 on: April 13, 2024, 12:46:26 pm »

Klopp explained his approach to transfers. Smart people will give their opinion on a player then he decides yes or no and hopefully that's what we will continue to do. The data department,  scouts and the manager staff will give their input about a player to the manager and he decides.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8761 on: April 13, 2024, 12:57:28 pm »
Agree. I think Rodgers paved the way for Klopp in som ways. He introduced a game focused on pace and pressing, and he started recruiting from abroad. Klopp came in and did the same, but way better

Rodgers tended to want domestic based players, Edwards/the committee looked to sign more from abroad. Benteke/Firmino an obvious example or Sakho/Lovren and we ended up with both.

Rodgers was brought in with a remit to play a certain style but the style of play changed every season and within the season. There was no inbuilt philosophy with the squad left. Klopp then performed miracles.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8762 on: April 13, 2024, 01:05:48 pm »
That was the biggest mistake Souness made, he shifted out far too many too quickly.

3 foreigner rule coming in for Europe killed us. Most of our squad was non-English and Barnes aside all our best players. So we had to ship loads out in exchange for English players. The problem was the English players we signed weren't good enough. As it turned out we had a lot of good ones coming through the youth team as well like Macca and Robbie.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #8763 on: April 13, 2024, 01:12:29 pm »
How convinced are people it will be Amorim who takes over? Or is there someone on the needs database no one expects

I’m not inclined to believe all the rumours and reports coming out. I’ve no doubts we’re interested in Amorim but I genuinely think we’ve just approached him for an interview. I firmly believe there’s a proper process being completed, if we just zone in on one man and don’t conduct a proper process we could end up getting burned if another club gazumps us or Amorim decides he wants to wait to assess his options first.

For no reasons other than pure tinfoil hat conspiracy theories I’ve felt since Hughes was appointed that we may look to revisit Eddie Howe. Most have sneered and laughed at the suggestion but I don’t think it’s that outlandish. The idea of Tindall at our club makes me ill, though.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8764 on: April 13, 2024, 01:14:32 pm »
Main issue is with Alonso out and De Zerbi ruled out we're really reaching in terms of suitable managers. Amorim makes sense, it's hard to find others who do other than Alonso.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #8765 on: April 13, 2024, 01:15:21 pm »
Have we considered Pep Lindjers??*

*been about 30 pages. Wanted to keep the flame alive.

I'll burn that flame with you until the very end.

Best available candidate, and worst case scenario we get Alonso in a year.
:D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8766 on: April 13, 2024, 01:16:24 pm »
I’m not inclined to believe all the rumours and reports coming out. I’ve no doubts we’re interested in Amorim but I genuinely think we’ve just approached him for an interview. I firmly believe there’s a proper process being completed, if we just zone in on one man and don’t conduct a proper process we could end up getting burned if another club gazumps us or Amorim decides he wants to wait to assess his options first.

For no reasons other than pure tinfoil hat conspiracy theories I’ve felt since Hughes was appointed that we may look to revisit Eddie Howe. Most have sneered and laughed at the suggestion but I don’t think it’s that outlandish. The idea of Tindall at our club makes me ill, though.

I mean, its pretty outlandish.

One of Rodgers’ failings was his insecurity, the idea of the club having a certain level of expectation. Klopp brought that back, the whole get me 11 players and ill compete line. Now what he leaves is hopefully a club with an expectation of excellence and success.

Howe has been on record several times making jibes about whether he will get sacked. Almost like if he doesnt deliver success, he will be got rid of. If any manager wants to be successful, they have to be 100% sure of themselves and strive to it as well.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #8767 on: April 13, 2024, 01:28:14 pm »
I mean, its pretty outlandish.

One of Rodgers’ failings was his insecurity, the idea of the club having a certain level of expectation. Klopp brought that back, the whole get me 11 players and ill compete line. Now what he leaves is hopefully a club with an expectation of excellence and success.

Howe has been on record several times making jibes about whether he will get sacked. Almost like if he doesnt deliver success, he will be got rid of. If any manager wants to be successful, they have to be 100% sure of themselves and strive to it as well.

I don’t want him and I’m not advocating for him, I just meant I don’t think it’s outlandish to suggest we may be interested and will be keeping an eye on how his situation unfolds. They’re about to lose their DoF, they may decide to let whoever they appoint bring his own man in. He’s seemingly got good relations with both key decision makers here, he did a great job with Bournemouth which was enough to have him on our radar in 2015, since then he’s took a bigger job on, had a strong season of over performance and a pretty poor season this season which you could argue was regression. We know the context of why they’ve struggled this season, injuries/suspension and struggling to cope with the extra CL fixtures, it’s not like they were diabolical in Europe, though, they had some good performances and were unlucky with one of the worst penalty decisions I’ve seen for handball. His formation and play style would suit us and his experience would be advantageous. I think he ticks a lot more boxes than most fans give him credit for, hence why I don’t think it’s outlandish. I think we should be aiming for better but I’ve had a doubt in the back of my mind ever since Hughes was appointed.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8768 on: April 13, 2024, 01:34:59 pm »
3 foreigner rule coming in for Europe killed us. Most of our squad was non-English and Barnes aside all our best players. So we had to ship loads out in exchange for English players. The problem was the English players we signed weren't good enough. As it turned out we had a lot of good ones coming through the youth team as well like Macca and Robbie.

That rule didn't really affect us that badly, the foreigners we had were Brucie, Gillespie, Nicol, Whelan, Hysen, Molby, Staunton, Hutchison, Houghton, Rush, Rosenthal, Speedie and Cousins, we could have easily trimmed that by getting rid and keeping Beardsley for example

Souness has never mentioned that anyway, it had no effect on the decisions he made, all he said was he same players who he didn't feel would die for the shirt and so he said "fuck off then"
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8769 on: April 13, 2024, 02:06:12 pm »
Diego Simeone and we shithouse are way to win evrething.  :lickin

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8770 on: April 13, 2024, 02:09:00 pm »
I'll burn that flame with you until the very end.

Best available candidate, and worst case scenario we get Alonso in a year.

Oh my bad - I was not being serious!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8771 on: April 13, 2024, 02:11:42 pm »

Be worth it just to see him strangling Taylor/Kavanagh/Tierney/Oliver ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8772 on: April 13, 2024, 02:12:15 pm »
I've been banging that drum too. Him v the PGMOL would be something else.

Online crewlove

• Main Stander
« Reply #8773 on: April 13, 2024, 02:13:55 pm »
I've been banging that drum too. Him v the PGMOL would be something else.

I'd love to see him as well, but it's never happening unfortunately.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #8774 on: April 13, 2024, 02:22:10 pm »
Yep, everyone hates us anyway, so let's bring in a manager that they'll hate too. Imagine the fume every week in Sly Sports and Football Focus!

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8775 on: April 13, 2024, 02:43:13 pm »
So he signed Piechnick  ::)    Mark Wright was a decent signing though, far better than I was expecting him to be.

he was decent not at the same level as sami hyppia

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8776 on: April 13, 2024, 03:06:54 pm »
Michael Edwards if he wants it.  ;D

Hugo Viana could leave Sporting at the end of the season if Ruben Amorim does not stay at the club.

Liverpool are aware of this - even if Richard Hughes is the new sporting director, Viana could make Amorim’s backroom staff.

[@pedromsepulveda]

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #8777 on: April 13, 2024, 03:12:20 pm »

Oh my bad - I was not being serious!

I'll just sit here on my jack with a candle then.
:D

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8778 on: April 13, 2024, 03:17:29 pm »
How convinced are people it will be Amorim who takes over? Or is there someone on the needs database no one expects

It'll be him or Nagelsmann imo

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #8779 on: April 13, 2024, 03:19:58 pm »
That was the biggest mistake Souness made, he shifted out far too many too quickly.

The mistake Souness made was not signing Roy Keane.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #8780 on: April 13, 2024, 03:29:10 pm »
simione  ;D

Can you just imagine us with our talent base shithousing our way through games.  Dom, Mac, Nunez, Lucho, Bradley...weve got some naturals that could be shown the way. After winning the fair play league for a decade and get tierney and coote for a thank you note it could be kinda fun

but naah i hate that stuff and pgmol would relegate us anyway.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8781 on: April 13, 2024, 05:45:11 pm »

That would be hilarious

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8782 on: April 13, 2024, 06:05:06 pm »

It worked for Mourinho at Chelsea.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8783 on: April 13, 2024, 06:05:55 pm »
It worked for Mourinho at Chelsea.

Football has moved on, especially the PL.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8784 on: April 13, 2024, 06:08:20 pm »
It hasn't because Arteta's gimps are really good at it.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8785 on: April 13, 2024, 06:09:50 pm »
Football has moved on, especially the PL.

Mourinho's tactics might be outdated the dark arts aren't though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8786 on: April 13, 2024, 06:12:02 pm »
Mourinho's first stint at Chelsea also had Robben and Duff on the wings with Drogba up top. They could play really good footie when needed.

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8787 on: April 13, 2024, 06:19:58 pm »
Simeone earns nearly as much as Klopp and Guardiola combined though. Other than that, his tactics have evolved somewhat in the last 2 years or so, Atletico might not be the go to side for entertainment but they sure are not as dull as they were say 5 years ago.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8788 on: April 13, 2024, 06:20:10 pm »
Mourinho's first stint at Chelsea also had Robben and Duff on the wings with Drogba up top. They could play really good footie when needed.

Lampard scoring a goal every other game and Terry at the back
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8789 on: April 13, 2024, 08:23:33 pm »

I can't stand him,but it would be funny.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8790 on: April 13, 2024, 08:32:07 pm »
how do people feel if Gian Piero Gasperini got a liverpool interview ?

It worked for Leicester and Ranieri but I don't think FSG will do short term appointments unless we're certain we have a manager like Xabi lined up for 2 seasons from now. If they sacked Kenny for Rodgers then it's unlikely an Italian who's never managed abroad will be in the running.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8791 on: April 13, 2024, 08:50:15 pm »
If he got an interview, it wouldn't be off the back on Thursday, it'd be based on his past 8 years at Atalanta. Fucker has done us twice at Anfield now

He has done an amazing job with them took them to 3 QF in Europe which is huge for them.

Im warming to Howe mainly to bring that master tactician Tindall along with him what joy that would be !!

Hughes even mentions him id fire him on the spot 😂

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8792 on: April 13, 2024, 09:31:59 pm »
Lampard scoring a deflected goal every other game and Terry at the back

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #8793 on: April 14, 2024, 03:40:36 am »
It worked for Leicester and Ranieri but I don't think FSG will do short term appointments unless we're certain we have a manager like Xabi lined up for 2 seasons from now. If they sacked Kenny for Rodgers then it's unlikely an Italian who's never managed abroad will be in the running.

Mourinho?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #8794 on: April 14, 2024, 05:22:50 am »
Main issue is with Alonso out and De Zerbi ruled out we're really reaching in terms of suitable managers. Amorim makes sense, it's hard to find others who do other than Alonso.
Don't think there are that many candidates at the moment, Jurgen was always the man in demand, plenty of clubs were interested. The main issue will be having the personality and the credibility to take over from Jurgen. Xabi had the credibility but of course that ship has sailed.

Amporin or whoever is going to have to deal with an expectation 20 times what Jurgen had, but of course the squad will be 20 times better as well. The irony is that many of the names in the frame would've actually had more time/patience if they were following Rodgers.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8795 on: April 14, 2024, 09:38:50 am »
Don't think there are that many candidates at the moment, Jurgen was always the man in demand, plenty of clubs were interested. The main issue will be having the personality and the credibility to take over from Jurgen. Xabi had the credibility but of course that ship has sailed.

Amporin or whoever is going to have to deal with an expectation 20 times what Jurgen had, but of course the squad will be 20 times better as well. The irony is that many of the names in the frame would've actually had more time/patience if they were following Rodgers.
I've been wondering about the bit in bold. Of course, replacing Klopp is not an easy task by any means. In fact, it's impossible. You can come in and be yourself, then stand or fall on the strength of that. Or you can try to be someone you're not, and fall flat on your face.

In a way, I wonder if coming in after Klopp actually reduces the expectation rather than ramp it up. It seems pretty clear that virtually everyone expects a drop off once Klopp goes. I don't think I've seen anyone, anywhere, suggesting we'll power on and improve further without him. We may well do so, but I'm not seeing anyone pushing that view seriously.

So I wonder if this actually gives the new man a bit of breathing space, because expectations are not actually that high? I know when Klopp came in I did expect to win the title. After Kyiv I did expect us to regroup and lift Big Ears at the next attempt. But as things stand, I have no such expectations of the new man, regardless of who he may be. With Klopp I, and many others I might add, knew he was a surefire winner. With anyone else, well who knows?

The new man may enjoy a bit of slack water, where the current isn't running in either direction.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #8796 on: April 14, 2024, 09:48:00 am »
I would take Simeone for a season just for the drama and the laughs.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #8797 on: April 14, 2024, 09:54:23 am »
Amorim is still being asked about the Liverpool job even though he has expressly asked them to stop doing that. Can't Sporting just says anyone who asks about Amorim's future won't be invited back?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8798 on: April 14, 2024, 11:25:49 am »
I've been wondering about the bit in bold. Of course, replacing Klopp is not an easy task by any means. In fact, it's impossible. You can come in and be yourself, then stand or fall on the strength of that. Or you can try to be someone you're not, and fall flat on your face.

In a way, I wonder if coming in after Klopp actually reduces the expectation rather than ramp it up. It seems pretty clear that virtually everyone expects a drop off once Klopp goes. I don't think I've seen anyone, anywhere, suggesting we'll power on and improve further without him. We may well do so, but I'm not seeing anyone pushing that view seriously.

So I wonder if this actually gives the new man a bit of breathing space, because expectations are not actually that high? I know when Klopp came in I did expect to win the title. After Kyiv I did expect us to regroup and lift Big Ears at the next attempt. But as things stand, I have no such expectations of the new man, regardless of who he may be. With Klopp I, and many others I might add, knew he was a surefire winner. With anyone else, well who knows?

The new man may enjoy a bit of slack water, where the current isn't running in either direction.

That goes without saying surely, as it takes time for players to get used a new manager's way of playing. Although he's close to Klopp's style it's not entirely the same and so they will all need to adjust to what the new manager wants them to do.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8799 on: April 14, 2024, 12:49:02 pm »
It hasn't because Arteta's gimps are really good at it.

PMGOL wouldnt let us get away with what arsenal are doing

arsenal could nuke a babies hospital and PMGOL and sky would be fawning and justifying their actions the post game analysis.