Author Topic: Thank you Carra!  (Read 57438 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Thank you Carra!
« Reply #400 on: February 22, 2023, 03:12:46 am »
Wouldn’t get anywhere near the team even now with our defensive issues. We don’t need someone who controls the ball, gives it a little roll forward then fucks it off into row z or boots it to no one in particular. Fucking useless c*nt.

He can stick his options up his own arse and Gary Neville can go find them.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #401 on: February 22, 2023, 04:01:00 am »
Carra can't get in the current team as long as Nat Phillips is on the bench. Not sure he would have in his prime.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: February 22, 2023, 08:43:22 am »
Thread title desperately needs changing. What are we thanking him for, for constantly taking digs at the team and players? He's a hypocrite who supports Everton but just happened to land a job at Liverpool so he's forced to show he cares.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: February 22, 2023, 08:54:28 am »
Don’t know who he is trying to convince he was a great defender- very lucky we had no money or he would have ended up playing for Sunderland or some mid table team.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #404 on: February 22, 2023, 11:23:49 am »
Took his opportunity to dig Virgil out cos he hurt his likkle feelings saying he wouldn’t get in the side

Get fucked you rat. Title needs to do one
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #405 on: February 22, 2023, 12:20:38 pm »
Thread title desperately needs changing. What are we thanking him for, for constantly taking digs at the team and players? He's a hypocrite who supports Everton but just happened to land a job at Liverpool so he's forced to show he cares.

The only thing I'm thanking Carra for is reminding me what boss defenders we now have instead of his hoofball.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #406 on: February 22, 2023, 01:57:50 pm »
Looks like that random 90k a week contract he got off purslow instead of taking retirement, has finally got to his head.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: February 22, 2023, 02:10:43 pm »
We shouldn't have him anywhere anything related to the club, hes an Everton fan at heart.

I much prefer Owen to him nowadays which says a lot.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: February 22, 2023, 02:42:30 pm »
Soft sentimentality is what is hurting us, this soft sentimentality is seaping from the management, through to the players and is even seems to be rife with the fans.

Of course carra wuld get in this side, what we seem to need is someone straight talking like carra and we need clear headed analysis, we can't be too fixated on avoiding hurt feelings.  We are really poor  at defending set pieces, we need people confident enough in themselves to be able to remind  others of their responsibilites on the field and to get in their face if they don't fulfill them.  Part of what carra said is right, this team perhaps is quite as good as we thought they were in some aspects, judging by how alarmingly they have fallen this yr

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: February 22, 2023, 02:50:26 pm »
Soft sentimentality is what is hurting us, this soft sentimentality is seaping from the management, through to the players and is even seems to be rife with the fans.

Of course carra wuld get in this side, what we seem to need is someone straight talking like carra and we need clear headed analysis, we can't be too fixated on avoiding hurt feelings.  We are really poor  at defending set pieces, we need people confident enough in themselves to be able to remind  others of their responsibilites on the field and to get in their face if they don't fulfill them.  Part of what carra said is right, this team perhaps is quite as good as we thought they were in some aspects, judging by how alarmingly they have fallen this yr

Thank god we've got Carra to tell us what's wrong every single week.

Phew. Champion him.

Utter c*nt.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: February 22, 2023, 02:58:47 pm »
I'd actually appreciate a defender who doesn't lose track of the ball, gets stuck in and who can position himself well and defend set pieces. Maybe I'm in the minority here. But Carra was leading the defence when we were consistently conceding under 30 goals in the league each season, we're on 28 this year and it's still February.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #411 on: February 22, 2023, 03:10:51 pm »
Ahh yes, what we need is someone to 'get stuck in' :D Maybe 'man up' too, 'grow some balls' etc etc.

He was a limited, slow, rudimentary CB. He wouldnt sniff the bench let alone get in the side. Players like Jamie Carragher, with the upmost respect, don't play for top sides anymore. They play for Wolves and Everton. That doesn't diminish that he was an important player for us (when we were a pretty defensive side) but to think he'd get in a side who play a high line and currently has very, very little protection from midfield (as well as very attacking full backs) is absolutely laughable. Genuinely. Laughable. He'd spend most of the game about 15 yards deeper than everyone else and having attackers running at and then past him.

He's a jealous, bitter man. Nothing more.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #412 on: February 22, 2023, 03:12:36 pm »
He's not suited to the way we play, it's a million years away from what he excelled at, but saying prime Carragher wouldn't get on the bench ahead of Phillips is hilarious stuff.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #413 on: February 22, 2023, 03:55:51 pm »
He really did hit some lows tonight and I feel a lot of it was born out of jealousy for what the team has done. He has even questioned whether any of our defenders were ever any good because its those around him that made sure they were not exposed.

This coming from a man who got a nosebleed leaving his half.

I've said for years he's resentful of how this Liverpool team left him behind. Pre-Van Dijk he'd always get in people's Liverpool XI at least for PL era, so he talks them down as much as he can.

He was happy when Rodgers was in charge - or early Klopp years - and his Sky colleagues would joke "they still need you Jamie" because we couldn't defend. Ignoring the fact Carragher was dogshit from the moment Hyypia left.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: February 22, 2023, 04:01:37 pm »
Carra can't get in the current team as long as Nat Phillips is on the bench. Not sure he would have in his prime.

He's as slow as Nat Phillips, not aerially dominant and awful on the ball. He wouldn't have got near a Jurgen Klopp squad (or any top side in the modern era).

He was just lucky to play in the extremely compact and defensively micro managed teams of Houllier and Benitez's in a different era - and with players like Hyypia, Hamann and Mascherano to mop everything up - while rarely leaving his penalty area. He's a glorified Connor Coady.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 04:05:21 pm by Fromola »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #415 on: February 22, 2023, 04:09:06 pm »
I find it hard to lay into Carragher like you're all doing. Memories of performances like Istanbul for example always come to mind.

I've always said he was a very limited player technically speaking though. There's no way he'd get in the current team and Van Dijk and Carragher can't really be mentioned in the same sentence when we talk defending. Van Dijk is so much better in every single regard that any comparison is meaningless. They may as well be playing different sports.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: February 22, 2023, 04:10:59 pm »
I find it hard to lay into Carragher like you're all doing.

Difference is he has no problem laying into Liverpool.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: February 22, 2023, 05:13:04 pm »
Ahh yes, what we need is someone to 'get stuck in' :D Maybe 'man up' too, 'grow some balls' etc etc.

He was a limited, slow, rudimentary CB. He wouldnt sniff the bench let alone get in the side. Players like Jamie Carragher, with the upmost respect, don't play for top sides anymore. They play for Wolves and Everton. That doesn't diminish that he was an important player for us (when we were a pretty defensive side) but to think he'd get in a side who play a high line and currently has very, very little protection from midfield (as well as very attacking full backs) is absolutely laughable. Genuinely. Laughable. He'd spend most of the game about 15 yards deeper than everyone else and having attackers running at and then past him.

He's a jealous, bitter man. Nothing more.

Right.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: February 22, 2023, 05:16:27 pm »
People thinking prime Carra would not have been a better option yesterday than Joe Gomez are seriously delusional. The team needed criticism last night, the team played badly at Newcastle even with a man up (Lee Dixon on commentary on NBC was laying into Gomez that day for how he keeps losing Isak and then Callum Wilson when he came on). It is not rocket science that yeah, a lot of them need to be called out for awful performances like most of this season. That is the job of a pundit.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: February 22, 2023, 05:17:58 pm »
People thinking prime Carra would not have been a better option yesterday than Joe Gomez are seriously delusional. The team needed criticism last night, the team played badly at Newcastle even with a man up (Lee Dixon on commentary on NBC was laying into Gomez that day for how he keeps losing Isak and then Callum Wilson when he came on). It is not rocket science that yeah, a lot of them need to be called out for awful performances like most of this season. That is the job of a pundit.

In the same high line? It would be carnage.

And its not him calling them out, its him acting like a rival fan and choosing the worst of times to lay into VVD who is 10 times a defender he was, sounds like a narcissistic bell end bringing up something VVD said flippantly at the start of the season, not something a player who spent years at our club should be doing.

I wouldn't even expect that from Owen or Macca, but i think there in lies the problem, out of all the talents that came through this club in the 90's, the big ones not players like Matteo or Thompson, Carra was easily the least talented, the rest were superstars who could play for the best teams in Europe and a couple of them did.

Carra is the one who constantly gets shit for not being as talented as he thinks he is, no one really lays into Owen Fowler Gerrard Macca in regards to their football ability but Carra is quite rightly the odd one out in that equation, i think in turn hes developed a sort of bitterness when discussing the current players we have who are more in the ilk of Gerrard Owen Macca than they are Carra.

He is very bitter otherwise he wouldn't use the one time are players have been bad to knock them, but then again this is the same fella who was comparing Dias to VVD, and what is Dias doing now? Yet i can't see nothing bad said about him, its obvious he has a bit of jealousy towards VVD.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 05:24:56 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: February 22, 2023, 05:18:43 pm »

We've have to completely change the way we defend to accommodate him. It would be fucking useless to play him in this side.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: February 22, 2023, 05:26:59 pm »
We've have to completely change the way we defend to accommodate him. It would be fucking useless to play him in this side.
We played the same way with Rhys (Ozan Kabak) and Nat Phillips and went on to win 8 games out of our last 10 that year.

Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #422 on: February 22, 2023, 05:38:24 pm »
In retrospect I wish Arbeloa had of levelled him that time.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: February 22, 2023, 05:47:00 pm »

Watch back our European games from the Houllier and Rafa era, the tactics are chalk and cheese and they were very defensive sides that could often win a two legged tie 1-0. That's nothing against Klopp as we've been pretty flawless in two legged ties under him (except against Madrid) and reaching FOUR European finals out of 6 campaigns before this season. Joe Gomez has played in those teams, although clearly injuries have caught up with him now - he was very much a bit part last season so was less exposed.

But we got a few chasings in Europe even then. Istanbul is always the holy grail of Carragher's rep (and righly so) but he was torn to pieces in that first half himself because we weren't compact enough to accommodate him and Sami and Hamann was left out the side.

People saying "could have done with Carragher last night" or "really wish we had Carragher in the side right now" are exactly what he wants people to be saying while he slaughters the players who've won everything in the last 4 years. He's playing down what they've achieved out of sheer resentment.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 05:53:55 pm by Fromola »

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #424 on: February 22, 2023, 05:47:03 pm »
People thinking prime Carra would not have been a better option yesterday than Joe Gomez are seriously delusional.

Do you realise how slow the fella was ?

We couldn’t play the line we play, or play the passing game from out either. He was a completely different animal in a different team.

Calling people delusional for saying Carragher couldn’t play in this team shows a complete lack of understanding
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #425 on: February 22, 2023, 05:47:18 pm »
We played the same way with Rhys (Ozan Kabak) and Nat Phillips and went on to win 8 games out of our last 10 that year.

We had a functioning midfield in front of the defense. Big difference.

I think that Carra knew one way to play, and all his comments are based on not quite understanding the role of the CBs in the high-line style we currently have. Had he be one of the CBs, he'd be absolutely terrified, and rightly so. Put a ball in his feet and you'd trigger an immediate hoof, which he will later explain was the right thing to do.

There are better defenders for our style, that's all. And our style is more likely to win things than the teams of old. The game moved on. Carra hasn't.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: February 22, 2023, 05:58:26 pm »
I find it hard to lay into Carragher like you're all doing. Memories of performances like Istanbul for example always come to mind.

I think he doesn't represent the club any more and has put himself in a position whereby he's paid to give his opinions on our club, our manager, our team. In that respect, anyone who does that is fair game. Certainly my initial reaction is to defend any of our current players from criticism from the outside.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: February 22, 2023, 06:08:37 pm »
I think he doesn't represent the club any more and has put himself in a position whereby he's paid to give his opinions on our club, our manager, our team. In that respect, anyone who does that is fair game. Certainly my initial reaction is to defend any of our current players from criticism from the outside.

Remember his commentary on Sky when we lost to Fulham in 20/21 and he said "people called this team mentality monsters, now they're mentality midgets". Club legends just don't speak like that. It's all about his role on Sky and trying to play down what these players achieve out of jealousy.

When we beat Spurs in Madrid to win the CL, the first thing he said on the pitch interviewing I think it was Trent was "let's be honest that was a terrible game of football wasn't it"?. The players must think he's a right prick but he tries to be all matey with them on interviews.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: February 22, 2023, 06:15:03 pm »
The title needs some changes.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #429 on: February 22, 2023, 06:17:25 pm »
I've defended him a few times when he's been called out by others but he's acted a bit of a tit to say the least in regards to this game.

Reality is, he wouldn't have got into the great champions league/league title winning sides of the past and he'd have a similar role to Nat Phillips does nowadays .

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: February 22, 2023, 06:30:57 pm »
Embarrassed himself again. What else is new.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: February 22, 2023, 07:39:37 pm »
I increasingly feel anger towards him with every week.
His punditry is as horrible as his passing skills were.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #432 on: February 22, 2023, 07:44:25 pm »
Did you see what Henry,Drogba did to him every time we played? Guy was a bozo. He’s no Hyypia. Defend Sami not this guy.

Our fans hate Owen because of him leaving on the last year of his contract for a low fee and him going to Utd but he has always seemed like a Liverpool fan in his heart. Yet we call our star striker a rat but this right back turned CB gets people defending him when he clearly hates us(he owes Rafa his life but he snaked Rafa what a rat). Slow,hoofer,not that great in the air,no technique but he will play for us over Joe Gomez who has pace,technique but also not great in that air. Stop doing damage control for a guy that shits on our club every chance he gets.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 07:49:52 pm by KloppCorn »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: February 22, 2023, 07:48:02 pm »
Does this guy even deserve a thread anymore?  I've seen more balance from Lawro.

What pisses me off is that he'll slag us off at every opportunity, but the moment we win a major trophy he'll be there in his LFC jammies opening a bottle of champers and grinning ear to ear for the camera.

He can either be a Liverpool legend or have his nose wedged up Neville's arse. Can't have both.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: February 22, 2023, 07:48:38 pm »
Someone change the thread title for fucks sakes!  :butt

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #435 on: February 22, 2023, 07:50:49 pm »
In retrospect I wish Arbeloa had of levelled him that time.
so much better. Now that’s a footballer.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: February 22, 2023, 07:52:42 pm »

Jamie Carragher (now with his nose wedged up Neville's arse).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: February 22, 2023, 07:53:48 pm »
Just lock the thread and forget about the irrelevant asshole.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: February 22, 2023, 09:34:48 pm »
Goes to prove he doesn't just spout bollocks to keep his employers at Sky happy. The man is a frothy mouthed prick.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: February 22, 2023, 09:45:26 pm »

"Carra thank you, but no thank you"
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI