Author Topic: 'I'm angry but we'll improve'  (Read 39748 times)

Offline JCP

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Star Wars Games
Re: 'I'm angry but we'll improve'
« Reply #320 on: December 14, 2010, 04:43:03 pm »
"It's not my team. That Torres and Pepe Reina! Don't make me laugh. They are not worthy of my sides I build. What? Paul Konchesky and Poulsen? Yes, that is more like it! I need more players of that calibre here playing for me. The others are clearly not up to it."
Spot on. He should be thankful it's not his team.. He had a good, ready built team when he came here, a team full of internationals. Why is he complaining?

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #321 on: December 14, 2010, 04:43:09 pm »
wasn't he saying just the other day that he'd mis-judged them and they were a lot better than he thought they were at the beginning of the season? and in fact he might not need to make any signings in January?

He certainly was.

Getting sick and tired of this bullshit now. It's ridiculous. Everything he comes out with contradicts something he's said previously, and now we've come full circle because he's using the "this isn't my team" excuse that was used in August. May as well sit there and say "I'm shit unless it's all my own players. I can't actually get anything out of good ones".

Although it was quite good that he was actually referring to what the owners had to say last night, so if he's heard that then he's heard how fucked off everyone is with him being here.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's lingerers. People who just cling on to something out of sheer egotistical stubborness, and that's exactly what this is. The job is beyond him, it always was beyond him, and it's time to admit as much and chip off. Nobody ever seems to want to do this though, they just hang on forever until given the boot.

Just bin him off and let's start afresh, eh?
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #322 on: December 14, 2010, 04:43:48 pm »
so basically his tacics are more basic than a non league side.

i mean telling johnson and konchesky to get forward without highlighting who is to be aware of this incase to anticipate a quick opposition counter beggars belief.

also i see no mention of whether to close the crossers or to stand off so he has left it up to the fullbacks discretion......lunacy

the main point the deep lying defence.
once again left to the back 4 discretion......he should be sacked for failing to spot that alone.

35 years experience my f kin arse

I'd imagine that they would have been working on these things all week. The flipchart would have acted in all probablity as a reminder of the salient points from the training and preperation for the Newcastle. In fairness to him there may also have been other flip chart pages that covered some of the things you mentioned.

The above or I'm giving Roy and the entire coaching staff way too much credit!
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #323 on: December 14, 2010, 04:44:35 pm »

Just bin him off and let's start afresh, eh?

Can't argue with those sentiments.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Jay-J

• Main Stander
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #324 on: December 14, 2010, 04:51:05 pm »
Need to improve very quickly or hell be away shortly, especially with the owners looking to give King Kenny a more important role.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: December 15, 2010, 02:02:53 am »
so basically his tacics are more basic than a non league side.

i mean telling johnson and konchesky to get forward without highlighting who is to be aware of this incase to anticipate a quick opposition counter beggars belief.

also i see no mention of whether to close the crossers or to stand off so he has left it up to the fullbacks discretion......lunacy

the main point the deep lying defence.
once again left to the back 4 discretion......he should be sacked for failing to spot that alone.

35 years experience my f kin arse

To be fair mate.
The flipchart only shows the attacking bullet points.
The defensive aspects would have been covered seperately.

I'm sure their were zen diagrams and interactive high tech powerpoint presentations done on that very subject....with goody bags containing dolly mixtures, kinder eggs and a transformer toy handed out at the end.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: December 15, 2010, 05:42:47 am »
The defensive aspects would have been covered seperately.
I've managed to get my hands on a few slides. They're actually based on current events from his Scandinavian days.

"Our attacking ambitions when playing away"

"Passing the ball from back"

"Response to conceding a goal late on"

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #327 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:52 am »
I've managed to get my hands on a few slides. They're actually based on current events from his Scandinavian days.

"Our attacking ambitions when playing away"

"Passing the ball from back"

"Response to conceding a goal late on"

ha ha ha - you must admit - what Roy HAS given us are some good belly laughs

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #328 on: December 15, 2010, 08:42:09 am »
What the fuck is this Roy?

He told his pre-Utrecht press conference: "The only team with better results than us over the past five or six games is Arsenal or Manchester United. If you take the last five or six games we are right up there in terms of results.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-our-owners-are-right

Form table for last 6 games shows us 11th. Unless I'm missing something obvious, this is seriously delusional no?

Noone above us in terms of form over the last 6 games apart from Arsenal?

According to the form guide the following teams are above us:

WBrom
Blackburn (who have just sacked their manager)
Sland
Stoke
Bolton
Arsenal
Spurs
City
United

What planet is he on?

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: December 15, 2010, 08:53:22 am »
The longer this fool is here the longer it will take to repair us.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #330 on: December 15, 2010, 10:08:20 am »
It actually is getting comical. Sad, but comical.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him