Author Topic: Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask  (Read 20252 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask
« Reply #200 on: January 9, 2024, 02:44:45 pm »
The 115 charges are telling a different story ...

No, they're not.
If no FFP or P&S rules existed, they wouldn't have to cook the books. They could just spend £300m every window and not have to over inflate their sponsorship deals, create companies that no one works at or have their managers paid by other businesses.
The money absolutely exists. It just isn't their money.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 9, 2024, 03:43:36 pm »
No, they're not.
If no FFP or P&S rules existed, they wouldn't have to cook the books. They could just spend £300m every window and not have to over inflate their sponsorship deals, create companies that no one works at or have their managers paid by other businesses.
The money absolutely exists. It just isn't their money.

Using that logic, Newcastle are the biggest club in the World ...

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 9, 2024, 04:22:21 pm »
Using that logic, Newcastle are the biggest club in the World ...

Not sure what logic you have applied there, but OK.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #203 on: January 9, 2024, 04:25:39 pm »
Not sure what logic you have applied there, but OK.

;D
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 9, 2024, 06:45:24 pm »
Even Spanish outlets are changing their tune.  :D

Kylian Mbappe might find it hard to ‘shine’ at Real Madrid as the main star with Bellingham & Vinicius Jr. While at #LFC he’s got the ‘keys of the throne’ as Mohamed Salah will likely leave in the upcoming season or two.[@MundoDeportivo]

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 9, 2024, 06:46:50 pm »
Do thrones have keys?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 9, 2024, 06:48:59 pm »
Mate, for Mbappe we should make key holes.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 9, 2024, 06:51:02 pm »
Mate, for Mbappe we should make key holes.

Best get David Frost to replace Schmadtke.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #208 on: January 9, 2024, 07:20:52 pm »
You didn't understand what I said. If Mo stays with us, we won't be pursuing Mbappe. With Mo, our attack is already set ...

I think Mbappe can improve us still. If there is an opportunity, I am sure they'll want to do it. We currently have 5 attackers + Doak/Gordon. I am sure there is room there if needed, and almost certainly the idea would be to find a rapid winger with high G/A output. At the present squad situation, a defender is a priority, but beyond that, its about making moves that improve the first XI, and there aren't loads of players who can do that, Mbappe is definitely one.

I dont think it'll happen, but the reason wont be that we are not interested.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 9, 2024, 07:38:25 pm »
Can we get a good footballer to change his name to Kylian Mbappe and then sign him? I believe this would be a stealthy way to achieve our goal at a lower cost.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 9, 2024, 07:54:25 pm »
I think Mbappe can improve us still. If there is an opportunity, I am sure they'll want to do it. We currently have 5 attackers + Doak/Gordon. I am sure there is room there if needed, and almost certainly the idea would be to find a rapid winger with high G/A output. At the present squad situation, a defender is a priority, but beyond that, its about making moves that improve the first XI, and there aren't loads of players who can do that, Mbappe is definitely one.

I dont think it'll happen, but the reason wont be that we are not interested.

Like I said, with Mo at the club, our attack is already set. We are not going to sign Mbappe as an improvement over Diaz. We've invested good money in Diaz, and for a good reason ...

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #211 on: January 9, 2024, 09:05:51 pm »
Bring him in now, please. We desperately need someone who can replace Trent's creativity at RB.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2024, 04:18:29 am »
Like I said, with Mo at the club, our attack is already set. We are not going to sign Mbappe as an improvement over Diaz. We've invested good money in Diaz, and for a good reason ...

Why would we not want to have both? There's plenty of games now and the way we have rotated this season, every forward has gotten plenty of game time. In any given game atleast 5 forwards have gotten on the pitch with substitutions. It can easily be 6. We do need another pacy wide forward. Doak might eventually be it but he is very young and he'll probably be a proper option once Mo is done here.

Again, this deal probably wont happen, but if there was a feasible way for it to happen and the player preferred joining us, we would be on it. I do not doubt that at all.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2024, 05:03:20 am »
Why would we not want to have both? There's plenty of games now and the way we have rotated this season, every forward has gotten plenty of game time. In any given game atleast 5 forwards have gotten on the pitch with substitutions. It can easily be 6. We do need another pacy wide forward. Doak might eventually be it but he is very young and he'll probably be a proper option once Mo is done here.

Again, this deal probably wont happen, but if there was a feasible way for it to happen and the player preferred joining us, we would be on it. I do not doubt that at all.

There is a separate thread for kylian, instead of Samantha’s transfer thread. But yes, we are no doubt monitoring him as he is a very good player who can play anywhere, perhaps covering trent if necessary like one poster said above …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2024, 09:20:29 am »
Best get David Frost to replace Schmadtke.

We'd need David Copperfield to make this happen.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2024, 09:24:09 am »

There is 0% chance of a Kylian arriving deal unless Mo is leaving - for a hefty transfer fee. That's the financial
reality.

All of Mo's theoretical transfer fee would go towards KM's contract and wages.

But (and it's a bigger butt than Jan Molby's) I don't think Mo will want to go to Saudi in June 2024.

Coz it is shite there and all his mates there are trying to leave.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2024, 04:55:09 pm »
https://twitter.com/lequipe/status/1745088022805184980

Between the optimism of PSG and that of Real Madrid, Liverpool would like to play spoilsport. The captain of the Blues assures that he did not choose, but the latest developments make a departure the growing trend.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2024, 05:31:59 pm »
Liverpool remain in the race for Kylian Mbappe and a move to the Premier League cannot be ruled out.

Liverpool have remained in contact with Mbappe's entourage.

Mbappe's team did not appreciate deadline set by Real Madrid, who remain favourites.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2024, 06:37:02 pm »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/10/kylian-mbappe-transfer-saga-coming-to-head-psg-real-madrid/

There is genuine affection from Kylian Mbappe for Liverpool, driven by his mother Fayza Lamari, who is also his adviser and a fan of the club. But if there was any chance of a deal it would take an awful lot of working parts to connect.

[@JBurtTelegraph]

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2024, 06:39:54 pm »
God loves a trier, Samie.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2024, 06:44:59 pm »
The last marquee name we bought was Thiago, which basically tells you we don't sign marquee players. I don't even know why people think this could happen. Was a lot of fun a few years ago, but that contract extension 2 years ago killed any chance.

Who can tell me that after having that much money and power T a clib that a player would suddenly go back to just being merely a big player as opposed to a megastar? Real is the only place where egos can be handled so that is where he'll end up if he does indeed move on from PSG.

Anyone would love him in their team, but real life football doesn't always work out like that.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2024, 06:50:41 pm »
The last marquee name we bought was Thiago, which basically tells you we don't sign marquee players. I don't even know why people think this could happen. Was a lot of fun a few years ago, but that contract extension 2 years ago killed any chance.

Who can tell me that after having that much money and power T a clib that a player would suddenly go back to just being merely a big player as opposed to a megastar? Real is the only place where egos can be handled so that is where he'll end up if he does indeed move on from PSG.

Anyone would love him in their team, but real life football doesn't always work out like that.

Came to post pretty much exactly this. We have never signed a player of this profile and on these types of wages.

We make these players, we don't sign them.
JFT97

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2024, 06:51:40 pm »
Would be quite good, he could come in an play with Salah for a season or two and Salah could teach him how to be a grown up

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2024, 06:53:59 pm »
I only want dreamers and deluded people on this thread. Please leave if you are not one of them.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2024, 07:15:23 pm »
Came to post pretty much exactly this. We have never signed a player of this profile and on these types of wages.

We make these players, we don't sign them.

Just because something hasn't been done before, it doesn't means it can't be done. No matter how much we dislike what we have turned into, we are a commercial giant, and we are still growing. Some 10 years ago, our revenue was 46% of Real Madrid's revenue. Now it is 98% ...

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2024, 07:26:39 pm »
If Mbappe ends up leaving PSG this season, I'll eat my hat.

Whole media circus will end up the same way as last season. Really predictable in my opinion.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2024, 10:11:49 pm »
Just because something hasn't been done before, it doesn't means it can't be done. No matter how much we dislike what we have turned into, we are a commercial giant, and we are still growing. Some 10 years ago, our revenue was 46% of Real Madrid's revenue. Now it is 98% ...

I'm not saying it can't be done financially. I'm saying it's highly, highly unlikely to happen as it goes against nearly every financial ruleset FSG have created.

Notwithstanding whether he is a player Klopp would want in the dressing room or not.

I would love to be proven wrong as I think he's an incredible player. The whole Bellingham beauty parade should be our indicator for this though, not that time we signed....yeah can't think of anyone that falls into Mbappe's bracket in terms of profile and wages.
JFT97

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2024, 10:19:55 pm »
The thing is very few clubs have signed a player of Mbappe's profile and quality so it's not a particularly helpful comment. There aren't many players like Mbappe and of those who are, not many move clubs.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2024, 10:23:19 pm »
The thing is very few clubs have signed a player of Mbappe's profile and quality so it's not a particularly helpful comment. There aren't many players like Mbappe and of those who are, not many move clubs.

Except you're missing the fact that there is one club who have consistently signed players of his profile.
JFT97

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2024, 01:30:39 am »

Quite simply really.  How often do marquee world class players become available on a free transfer in their mid 20s?  I honestly can't remember a single example.   Even someone like Ballack only become available on a freebie nearing 30 years old. 

It is for that reason alone that the transfer is possible.  Real were happy to pay 150m last summer but PSG turned them down.   No way could we wear 150m transfer fee and Mbappe's wages,

But a similar wage to Mo (400k / week) plus a signing on bonus of 75-100m spread out over the entire contract - yes we can manage that.   That's not including extra incentives Nike would pay Mbappe to join a Nike club.

If Mbappe truly desires a move to us I believe we have the financial capacity to make it happen purely because of the free transfer. 

Klopp that!

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2024, 01:32:24 am »
I'm not saying it can't be done financially. I'm saying it's highly, highly unlikely to happen as it goes against nearly every financial ruleset FSG have created.

Notwithstanding whether he is a player Klopp would want in the dressing room or not.

I would love to be proven wrong as I think he's an incredible player. The whole Bellingham beauty parade should be our indicator for this though, not that time we signed....yeah can't think of anyone that falls into Mbappe's bracket in terms of profile and wages.

World class player at 25 on a free transfer.  I'd say that fits FSG's playbook absolutely.    6 year contract, sell him at 29 to RM for 150m pounds.   That'll be their thought process. 
Klopp that!

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2024, 02:22:53 am »
Have the Club ever sanctioned a 6 year contract?

More likely that Kylian will be on a pay as you play deal like some others …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2024, 08:59:58 am »
World class player at 25 on a free transfer.  I'd say that fits FSG's playbook absolutely.    6 year contract, sell him at 29 to RM for 150m pounds.   That'll be their thought process.
If Madrid aren't in for him now, why would they be interested in him for 150m in 4 years? They've got Vini Jnr and that Endrick coming soon. They don't need Mbappe, they need a Haaland.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2024, 10:22:19 am »
Have the Club ever sanctioned a 6 year contract?

More likely that Kylian will be on a pay as you play deal like some others …

You mean, a contract with big bonuses, depending on contribution and trophies won? Nah, we don't do that. Our players are on fixed wages ...

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2024, 10:41:33 am »
C'mon Kylian. You look good in all red. You know it makes sense.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2024, 11:11:47 am »
If Madrid aren't in for him now, why would they be interested in him for 150m in 4 years? They've got Vini Jnr and that Endrick coming soon. They don't need Mbappe, they need a Haaland.

Haaland makes more sense for Real Madrid.

So if that move is off, Kylian; get learning Scouse and German la.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2024, 11:41:22 am »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/10/kylian-mbappe-transfer-saga-coming-to-head-psg-real-madrid/

Genuine affection in the sense that they are genuinely using Liverpool to lever up his wages at Madrid. Utter fucking horseshit.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2024, 11:43:44 am »
Imagine Mbappe and Klopp in full Nike gear, wearing Oakley shades, racing on Peloton.
Goldmine.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2024, 12:11:15 pm »
Genuine affection in the sense that they are genuinely using Liverpool to lever up his wages at Madrid. Utter fucking horseshit.

Still I'd love Madrid to tell him finally to sod off and sling his gold hooks "elsewhere".

Vini J plays from the left!

There is only one fella with a big enough man hug for Kylian, and discipline, goddamit!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2024, 12:27:55 pm »
I think he will stay at PSG.