Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 587257 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #9760 on: April 30, 2024, 01:15:36 pm »
They've struggled to shift players there. Telles went there last season for peanuts and they were looking to offload Sancho to a Saudi club.

Maybe it's because they're just not good at selling players.
well they're crap at buying them, so you might be right  :)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9761 on: April 30, 2024, 01:17:42 pm »
Letting it be known that 90% of the vastly overpaid first team squad is available for sale, is marketing genius of which the likes of us mere mortals cannot comprehend.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9762 on: April 30, 2024, 01:37:49 pm »
Letting it be known that 90% of the vastly overpaid first team squad is available for sale, is marketing genius of which the likes of us mere mortals cannot comprehend.
Won't making this public make their players start playing shit?

Oh wait...

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9763 on: April 30, 2024, 02:04:08 pm »

New regime trying to win fans' hearts and minds, and they have some of the most easily led fans on the planet. It obviously doesn't make any sense from a business perspective, but these assets are in the gutter anyway. A lot of them will have to be bought out for eye-watering sums, as The North Bank mentioned earlier. The Arsenal example is illustrative, but this will be financially far more severe. I guess they've wasted well over a billion already since Ferguson left, so what's a another hundred, two hundred million? Money is no object for them.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9764 on: April 30, 2024, 02:07:27 pm »
Serious question.
Do they have anyone worth a carrot?

They've hyped up Manoo like crazy so they'd want a decent fee for him. Would Inter Milan or PSG give them 80-100m for rat boy Fernandes maybe  that's it nobody else is commanding a fee over 30m tops for anyone else in that squad.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #9765 on: April 30, 2024, 02:19:12 pm »
No no no don’t you get it?

They'll simply sell Dave Scapegoat to PremMidTable Fc
for 30m and buy Davide Wunderkinder from Fc Forren for
25m, thereby upgrading a position for minus five million quid!
Easy.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9766 on: April 30, 2024, 02:21:52 pm »
They've hyped up Manoo like crazy so they'd want a decent fee for him. Would Inter Milan or PSG give them 80-100m for rat boy Fernandes maybe  that's it nobody else is commanding a fee over 30m tops for anyone else in that squad.

Inter Milan might offer a 2 year loan with an option to buy for Fernandes, but there's surely no way any Serie A team is paying what Man Utd would want for an inconsistent, petulant 29 year old.

You'd think that the only players that clubs with significant money would be interested in paying a sizeable amount for are probably Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund and maybe Rashford. For the very reason that they're the only players Man Utd want to keep - because they could actually be good.

Otherwise, they'll need to hope for £20-30m for McTominay or Maguire from someone like West Ham as they're home grown. It might even be tricky duping Chelsea into buying anyone, since the likes of Anthony, Casemiro, Onana and Varane are either the wrong age or so underwhelming that their Football Manager potential ability (Boehly's primary metric for transfer targets, it seems) will have dropped.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9767 on: April 30, 2024, 02:29:08 pm »
Ratcliffe in full "I haven't got any actually useful ideas, so I'll just cut costs wherever I can" businessman mode:

Manchester United staff ‘dismayed’ as club scrap free travel and food for FA Cup final

Manchester United staff have reportedly been left ‘dismayed’ after INEOS and Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s cost-cutting saw the removal of employee perks for the upcoming FA Cup final.
...In the past, staff members had received multiple tickets for friends and family which also came with free transport to the game.
Club directors were also treated to a pre-match meal as well as a party and accommodation in London following the fixture.
However, according to The Times, those benefits have now been scrapped, with all staff members and directors now gifted just one ticket and required to pay for their own transport – a £20 return fare for a coach to Wembley.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/26/man-utd-staff-dismayed-club-scrap-free-travel-food-fa-cup-final-20723558/

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9768 on: April 30, 2024, 05:11:28 pm »
Ratcliffe in full "I haven't got any actually useful ideas, so I'll just cut costs wherever I can" businessman mode:

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/26/man-utd-staff-dismayed-club-scrap-free-travel-food-fa-cup-final-20723558/

That's going to save billions. Genius.  ::)

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9769 on: April 30, 2024, 05:16:44 pm »
That's going to save billions. Genius.  ::)

He'll find a way to deduct it off their tax bill too
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9770 on: April 30, 2024, 05:22:38 pm »

A great way to kill morale

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9771 on: April 30, 2024, 05:23:46 pm »

"I called the team manager: 'Excuse me, why have they taken a pound off my salary.'

The team manager had a look and told me: 'It was the fruit juice from the mini-bar.'

'Are you kidding, seriously?' 'No, I'm not. Here, if you order something you have to pay for it.'

"Sure, but I didn't go to the hotel on my own accord. I wasn't on holiday. It was my workplace. I was there for Manchester. If I have to play and I'm thirsty, I have to drink. I can't go on the pitch dehydrated.'

"Can you believe it? A quid? Something like that would never happen in Italy. These are the details that make a difference and earn the respect of the players."
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9772 on: April 30, 2024, 05:27:43 pm »
A great way to kill morale

Exactly. To save way less than the weekly wage of one player.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9773 on: April 30, 2024, 06:07:12 pm »

In Ratcliffe’s eyes, this is a statement to say that there is a new regime in town that won’t tolerate waste or excess. For the people that keep the club running such as canteen staff or office workers, this is a move that will upset them. Few if any are responsible for the malaise at Old Trafford but are seemingly being punished for it.
Justice for the 96!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9774 on: April 30, 2024, 09:15:51 pm »
Must be making 100% sure that their players don't try a leg vrs arsenal in case we miraculously still have a chance of winning the league

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9775 on: April 30, 2024, 10:37:37 pm »
Fernandes is talented to be fair, but his percentages are so low that he gives the ball away so much trying to go for glory, it wouldnt work in our controlled possession system. Probably suits liverpools chaos football better.

Not sure how hed do at a big club though.

You keep saying this little dig about chaos. We average more possession than you.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9776 on: May 1, 2024, 12:11:07 pm »
Seems like a lot of their fans want Tuchel brought in.

Please let it happen. It'd be a train wreck of epic proportions.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9777 on: May 1, 2024, 12:21:25 pm »
You keep saying this little dig about chaos. We average more possession than you.
Tbf, those figures are skewed because we're not gleeful with 28% possession at City

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9778 on: May 1, 2024, 02:09:33 pm »
Inter Milan might offer a 2 year loan with an option to buy for Fernandes, but there's surely no way any Serie A team is paying what Man Utd would want for an inconsistent, petulant 29 year old.

You'd think that the only players that clubs with significant money would be interested in paying a sizeable amount for are probably Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund and maybe Rashford. For the very reason that they're the only players Man Utd want to keep - because they could actually be good.

Otherwise, they'll need to hope for £20-30m for McTominay or Maguire from someone like West Ham as they're home grown. It might even be tricky duping Chelsea into buying anyone, since the likes of Anthony, Casemiro, Onana and Varane are either the wrong age or so underwhelming that their Football Manager potential ability (Boehly's primary metric for transfer targets, it seems) will have dropped.

Nobody is thick enough to pay over 30m for Rashford. He's massively over rated. Has a Spurs move written all over him for 25m maybe.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9779 on: May 1, 2024, 03:30:57 pm »
Suggestions from The Athletic that Ten Hag won't be sacked this summer

Nobody is thick enough to pay over 30m for Rashford. He's massively over rated. Has a Spurs move written all over him for 25m maybe.

ESPN saying that Man Utd themselves feel there will be no takers this summer

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9780 on: May 1, 2024, 05:32:54 pm »
Psg might be daft enough to sign him?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #9781 on: May 1, 2024, 06:38:20 pm »
Seems like a lot of their fans want Tuchel brought in.

Please let it happen. It'd be a train wreck of epic proportions.
Actually it would be perfect for them, he would get them some results in his first season before it slowly goes to shit. Its the same cycle they've had for years but one the owners are relatively happy with as ot keeps Man U in the news and relevant which keeps the money rolling in which is all that matters.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9782 on: May 1, 2024, 10:22:30 pm »
I think it's a complement. Early on I think klopp wanted to create chaos and for us to have players that thrive when it's not dull tikki takka football.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #9783 on: May 1, 2024, 10:46:43 pm »
Sancho's not doing his value any harm, now he's not paying at United...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9784 on: May 1, 2024, 11:48:38 pm »
Please let him stay.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9785 on: May 2, 2024, 09:18:04 am »
I think it's a complement. Early on I think klopp wanted to create chaos and for us to have players that thrive when it's not dull tikki takka football.

Yeah, I wish we'd had a little more chaos to our game over the past couple of months. Slowly passing the ball around with 70% possession hasn't really worked.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9786 on: May 2, 2024, 09:41:08 am »
Sancho's not doing his value any harm, now he's not paying at United...

They won't realise its them that's the problem, keep him in the summer, then wonder why he's not the second coming of Messi by September.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #9787 on: May 2, 2024, 10:03:53 am »
Easter Island, Anthony, Sancho, Wan-Bissaka and the like are not utter ****. However, none of they play particularly well together or in the system Ten Haag uses. Rather than trying to sell the entire squad, a better idea would be for M** U to work out how they want to play and which players will fit in to their system. Can anyone else see them signing players because the gutter press tell them to this summer?
there’s another solution to get those players performing…..(Think waistcoat and a source of national pride.) It makes so much sense it must happen.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9788 on: May 2, 2024, 11:24:23 am »

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9789 on: May 2, 2024, 11:37:02 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cz74jgj8ej1o

Lucky to get half the total quoted

The valuation of Maguire at 14m/17m is probably the most damning stat there, considering what they paid for him.

What a way to run a business.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #9790 on: May 2, 2024, 11:45:05 am »
The valuation of Maguire at 14m/17m is probably the most damning stat there, considering what they paid for him.

What a way to run a business.
Not even Peter Risdale at Leeds or Todd Boehly, or anyone with a working pair of eyes, are paying £63m for Antony  :lmao :lmao :lmao

£46m for McTominay and £61m for Dalot are almost as amusing.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2024, 11:46:49 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #9791 on: May 2, 2024, 01:28:19 pm »
Looking forward to the day Rashford goes for £100m. Who did these estimates? Everton?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9792 on: May 2, 2024, 01:31:33 pm »
CEIS Football Observatory are some of the biggest frauds going. Moreoso than even Ten Hag.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9793 on: May 2, 2024, 01:33:58 pm »
Looking forward to the day Rashford goes for £100m. Who did these estimates? Everton?

Rashford seems the sort who would sink without trace if he left his hometown club.
Justice for the 96!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9794 on: May 2, 2024, 01:34:59 pm »
So Antony was the fourth most expensive signing in PL history at the time they signed him according to the article. Pogba and Lukaku must be the other two these dickheads are responsible for then? Know how to waste money this shower of bellends
Jurgen YNWA

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9795 on: May 2, 2024, 01:36:33 pm »
So Antony was the fourth most expensive signing in PL history at the time they signed him according to the article. Pogba and Lukaku must be the other two these dickheads are responsible for then? Know how to waste money this shower of bellends

After enduring years of Ferguson, it's a joy to behold.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9796 on: May 2, 2024, 02:05:30 pm »
I think I heard on the radio in the office this morning that they were going to keep EtH for next season because of the cost involved to fire him. What a ringing endorsement that is.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9797 on: May 2, 2024, 02:26:17 pm »
Am I missing something here? How the fuck is Dalot valued at £61m? Ludicrous :lmao

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9798 on: May 2, 2024, 02:30:10 pm »
CEIS Football Observatory are some of the biggest frauds going. Moreoso than even Ten Hag.
I don't know much about CEIS but the valuations they've put against those players are ridiculous.

The top four would all go for a maximum of half those valuations.  Hjolund cost £60mn, has scored eight league goals this season and is apparently worth £93mn.  Rashford and Garnacho have 7 goals and are apparently worth £106mn and £92mn.  That's a £291mn forward line that has scored a combined 22 league goals this season despite playing in almost every game.  Chuck in Antony and you have a £356mn forward line that has a combined 23 league goals.

Hopefully Sir Jim takes those valuations as the starting point for his negotiations when trying to sell!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9799 on: May 2, 2024, 02:36:18 pm »
I wondered if the chart was missing a column. The breakdown below it has much lower valuations. Rashford still over priced!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?