Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2116348 times)

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #14000 on: March 5, 2020, 12:20:19 pm »
Same with Leicester too

They better not increase the total ticket price

Probably a set fee for SeatGeek then, so can guess it will

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #14001 on: March 5, 2020, 12:25:43 pm »
hopefully it’s a club decision and not something implemented by the software

Sheffield United's seems to be a quid so think it may well be a club decision

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14002 on: March 5, 2020, 12:26:34 pm »
Probably a set fee for SeatGeek then, so can guess it will

Fantastic - the daytrippers after one game a season (who these changes are probably brought in to help) won't care, but people doing most games home and away every season will get shafted for every game. Hopefully the club can decide whether or not to charge it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #14003 on: March 5, 2020, 12:31:36 pm »
Sheffield United's seems to be a quid so think it may well be a club decision
total guess but it may be a thing negotiated between the club and whoever is running the software, so if the club pay more up front in the contract they may be able to avoid, if SeatGeek take less but make the club put on a fee and the club agree it’ll happen

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #14004 on: March 5, 2020, 12:34:28 pm »
Fantastic - the daytrippers after one game a season (who these changes are probably brought in to help) won't care, but people doing most games home and away every season will get shafted for every game. Hopefully the club can decide whether or not to charge it.

Spot on, Because tourist and day trippers have been moaning the club are doing something about it. Regulars have been screwed over for years in sales but the club weren’t bothered then.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14005 on: March 5, 2020, 12:35:34 pm »
Spot on, Because tourist and day trippers have been moaning the club are doing something about it. Regulars have been screwed over for years in sales but the club weren’t bothered then.
I mean you say this like regulars haven’t also been complaining about the website, it affects everyone

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14006 on: March 5, 2020, 12:39:04 pm »
total guess but it may be a thing negotiated between the club and whoever is running the software, so if the club pay more up front in the contract they may be able to avoid, if SeatGeek take less but make the club put on a fee and the club agree it’ll happen

One of the 'perks' the club pushed was the scrapping of booking fee if you moved from fancard to membership, so hopefully they will do the right thing here

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #14007 on: March 5, 2020, 12:39:20 pm »

City and Sheffield United don't sell out so a small fee per booking might make more sense in their contracts for this? We sell out every single game so would make sense for the club to pay a set fee up front surely?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #14008 on: March 5, 2020, 12:45:39 pm »
There will NOT be any booking fees like city and Sheffield United

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14009 on: March 5, 2020, 12:49:37 pm »
One of the 'perks' the club pushed was the scrapping of booking fee if you moved from fancard to membership, so hopefully they will do the right thing here
you’d hope so

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14010 on: March 5, 2020, 12:50:56 pm »
City and Sheffield United don't sell out so a small fee per booking might make more sense in their contracts for this? We sell out every single game so would make sense for the club to pay a set fee up front surely?
it just depends if the club want the money coming out of our pockets or theirs

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14011 on: March 5, 2020, 12:51:51 pm »
you’d hope so

Or if they are keeping the fees then they can reduce the price of the membership

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14012 on: March 5, 2020, 12:56:01 pm »
Or if they are keeping the fees then they can reduce the price of the membership

If you reduce the fee though more will buy it, and as we know it’s already over subscribed

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #14013 on: March 5, 2020, 01:04:10 pm »
I mean you say this like regulars haven’t also been complaining about the website, it affects everyone

Yeah it's a mad take for the regulars v "day tripper" debate

I think all the club can do is to try and make the system fair. As for a lot of people in the system they have an advantage over people who want to be able to get tickets.

But that's a wider issue on the culture of tickets and sharing cards etc
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14014 on: March 5, 2020, 01:06:32 pm »
Yeah it's a mad take for the regulars v "day tripper" debate

I think all the club can do is to try and make the system fair. As for a lot of people in the system they have an advantage over people who want to be able to get tickets.

But that's a wider issue on the culture of tickets and sharing cards etc
I think like you said this is more of a culture issue that takes fans themselves to try change from within, with help from the club getting tickets into those who use them in a legitimate way, the fact is the website is fucking shite for everyone that uses it no matter how or what you are doing with the tickets everyone uses it, changing the website won’t really help with the distribution of tickets

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #14015 on: March 5, 2020, 01:15:29 pm »
I think like you said this is more of a culture issue that takes fans themselves to try change from within, with help from the club getting tickets into those who use them in a legitimate way, the fact is the website is fucking shite for everyone that uses it no matter how or what you are doing with the tickets everyone uses it, changing the website won’t really help with the distribution of tickets

If they gave members on 13+ the chance to put tickets on the ticket exchange without losing the credit this wouldn't be an issue (this would only work if they were limited to a certain amount per year)

People buy because they are scared they will miss out next year

People don't know in November if they can make a game in April that could change date and time...

And its possible for people to have been every game home and away for 10 years, then a change in job for 6 months means they change location or hours for a limited time, so they'd lose their credits and have nothing to come back to the following season but thats a different debate

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #14016 on: March 5, 2020, 01:20:56 pm »
New ticket site coming

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/389088-lfc-teams-up-with-seatgeek-to-transform-ticket-buying-process

You'd like to think that this will be a big improvement over our current system!!

SeatGeek is the industry-leading ticketing provider for the Premier League, with nine out of the 20 clubs now leveraging the SeatGeek platform.

The New York-headquartered company, which also has offices in the UK, has also seen strong momentum around the world, securing ticketing partnerships with global brands like the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints, MLS teams Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders, and the Dutch FA and PSV Eindhoven.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14017 on: March 5, 2020, 01:21:02 pm »
Will the membership card still be in use ? Or are they going fully with this phone thing over time ?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14018 on: March 5, 2020, 01:24:48 pm »
If they gave members on 13+ the chance to put tickets on the ticket exchange without losing the credit this wouldn't be an issue (this would only work if they were limited to a certain amount per year)

People buy because they are scared they will miss out next year

People don't know in November if they can make a game in April that could change date and time...

And its possible for people to have been every game home and away for 10 years, then a change in job for 6 months means they change location or hours for a limited time, so they'd lose their credits and have nothing to come back to the following season but thats a different debate
yeah these are all fair points, the issue is that tickets are so competitive to get that credits mean everything so it’s worth to continue to buy even when you aren’t going. I’m still a believer in you should only get the credit if it’s you who actually go to the game but I know people would be worried about falling off ladders completely with this. If you aren’t going to go to every game there is someone who will meaning those currently with credits but don’t go to every game would slowly fall away

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14019 on: March 5, 2020, 01:27:40 pm »
Villa, Brighton, City, Sheff United, Leicester, Newcastle and Wolves are all using seatgeek if you want to see different examples.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14020 on: March 5, 2020, 01:29:23 pm »
yeah these are all fair points, the issue is that tickets are so competitive to get that credits mean everything so it’s worth to continue to buy even when you aren’t going. I’m still a believer in you should only get the credit if it’s you who actually go to the game but I know people would be worried about falling off ladders completely with this. If you aren’t going to go to every game there is someone who will meaning those currently with credits but don’t go to every game would slowly fall away
Would a loyalty points system not be more beneficial for all then? The one credit per game on your Membership card whether you go the game or not seems like a much too simplistic approach given where we’re at.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14021 on: March 5, 2020, 01:30:33 pm »
Villa, Brighton, City, Sheff United, Leicester, Newcastle and Wolves are all using seatgeek if you want to see different examples.
I know Wovles allows to select seats which is good

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14022 on: March 5, 2020, 01:31:21 pm »
Would a loyalty points system not be more beneficial for all then? The one credit per game on your Membership card whether you go the game or not seems like a much too simplistic approach given where we’re at.
yeah any system which rewards those who actually go to the game is fair, I don’t think the current system allows for that, especially for aways

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #14023 on: March 5, 2020, 01:31:37 pm »
Newcastle does too

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14024 on: March 5, 2020, 01:32:45 pm »
I don't see why anyone on 13+ should be retaining credits for games they don't attend to be honest. It's the whole problem in the first place.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #14025 on: March 5, 2020, 01:39:27 pm »
Problem seems far greater than that to me.
First of all, I'm not saying someone in my situation should get priority, but I'm in this situation:

I've been going to Anfield for about 10 years now, once or twice every season as I'm from Belgium and making that trip isn't cheap.
I've got a credit for each of those games on my membership, but someone who buys a membership today will get the same chance of tickets as me.

I know this is probably a far smaller problem than the 13+, 4+, 0 sales, where some people on 13+ struggle for the games without criteria, but it's about loyalty not being worth anything as well.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14026 on: March 5, 2020, 01:39:27 pm »
I don't see why anyone on 13+ should be retaining credits for games they don't attend to be honest. It's the whole problem in the first place.
it’s a tough issue to crack, the issue is that those on 13+ will just leave seats empty then because it’s worth it. A members exchange would be good for those who only buy a few games per season but then can’t make it for whatever reason so the credit doesn’t actually mean much

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14027 on: March 5, 2020, 01:39:32 pm »
If it’s the same as wolves ticket system then it’s worse than the one we’ve got at the minute. Good mates of mine are wolves season ticket holders and they always have problems. For example it will say tickets go on sale at 10am but won’t go on sale till after that nearer 11, sometimes before 10 so there’s a problem already. Few other problems aswell that happen is that the site crashes, it will say you don’t qualify even when you do (might just be a wolves problem) and for some reason in the cup competitions you can’t select your Own seats.  A good thing though is that it does tell you how many seats are left in each individual block

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14028 on: March 5, 2020, 01:39:33 pm »

Brighton aside as I couldn't actually get into any events, I've had a nose at all of them, and I've not seen one yet where I couldn't select a seat which is positive. I like that you can just pick best available cos it's like our old form on the side.

Some of them have a bizarre 3D effect on the stadium plan which is terrible to use - Wolves being the worst example - but they're all ultimately light years ahead of the current system. I'm hoping we go for the flatter approach and I'm hoping we keep it clean.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14029 on: March 5, 2020, 01:42:08 pm »
Brighton aside as I couldn't actually get into any events, I've had a nose at all of them, and I've not seen one yet where I couldn't select a seat which is positive. I like that you can just pick best available cos it's like our old form on the side.

Some of them have a bizarre 3D effect on the stadium plan which is terrible to use - Wolves being the worst example - but they're all ultimately light years ahead of the current system. I'm hoping we go for the flatter approach and I'm hoping we keep it clean.
it’s gonna be a big test for this software, none of these club would be as popular as ours

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14030 on: March 5, 2020, 01:43:30 pm »
Are other clubs allowing seat selection on away games, or just homes?

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14031 on: March 5, 2020, 01:46:52 pm »
6. Will my previous purchase history be recorded on the new system?

The purchases required for eligibility and qualification for all future sales will be migrated into the new system. They will be visible within your record once we go live on the new SeatGeek platform in June.

I take that to mean that very old history will not be transferred, so if we want to keep a record, we should copy the data from the current system soon.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14032 on: March 5, 2020, 02:01:07 pm »

None of them seem to have anything on sale to be able to look.

halle-fucking-lujah.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2020, 02:03:25 pm by Claire. »

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #14033 on: March 5, 2020, 02:11:11 pm »
None of them seem to have anything on sale to be able to look.

halle-fucking-lujah.

I'm assuming this means a pre login if you meet the sales criteria? pretty sure this will make buying ticket for us on 13+ A LOT easier!
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14034 on: March 5, 2020, 02:14:22 pm »

There is a seat picker on Readings one for their away game at Birmingham

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14035 on: March 5, 2020, 02:27:45 pm »
No pre-login on City games though

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #14036 on: March 5, 2020, 02:38:55 pm »

There is on some games - ours being one of them

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander
« Reply #14037 on: March 5, 2020, 02:41:50 pm »

the most users their server ever had at once was 6.  Their rasperry pi was able to handle this

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14038 on: March 5, 2020, 02:56:45 pm »

Demand isn't as high and if you can browse and then sign up it probably works better for them. We should have it on everything as it should reduce the load if you only get through the first hoop and into the queue if you qualify, if there's no specific sales on or whatever they might remove that step.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14039 on: March 5, 2020, 03:13:09 pm »
it’s gonna be a big test for this software, none of these club would be as popular as ours

Site shit the bed according to Reddit/Twitter for a Sounders FC sale in November which had a lot of interest. Testing is crucial.
YNWA.