Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 600544 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #13840 on: May 3, 2024, 10:20:42 pm »
Erik Ten Hag on Arne Slot to Liverpool:

"It's fantastic for him. It's confirmation and recognition of his qualities. It's fantastic for Dutch football too."

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #13841 on: May 3, 2024, 10:46:02 pm »
That reporter was an absolute divvy. Agree with the above comments though. They will come for him next year. He has a bit of Jürgen about him in that he doesn't mind talking, will say what he thinks within the limits of language.
Not a divvy, just a typical hack looking to get rise out of him. At best he gets a bankable quote, or at worst Slot gets irritated which is also good copy.

Complete wankers.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13842 on: May 4, 2024, 12:37:31 am »
From The Echo:

Liverpool legend makes Jose Mourinho point over Arne Slot replacing Jurgen Klopp

„Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler has explained why Jose Mourinho would have been an ideal candidate to be Jurgen Klopp's successor.”

These former players talk more shite then most armchair experts.

Adored Fowler as a finisher (especially in his prime), but he's thick as mince. You know punditry is poor when he gets a gig.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #13843 on: May 4, 2024, 12:47:10 am »
Lovely video that. He seems like a great bloke and obviously over the moon about his next role.

Fucking c*nts of UK Press though. I hope they don't wear him out like they did with Jurgen.

'Do you want to be a manager or a head coach?'
Get fucked.

Don't really see the big issue with the questions. It's what journalists are supposed to do, especially with something that's basically an open secret. Of course, they'll try and get as much out of him as they can. At the same time, you can see that Slot knows the game and throws everything back at the journo with a smile on his face. Nothing sinister happening there in my view.

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13844 on: May 4, 2024, 12:59:25 am »
Adored Fowler as a finisher (especially in his prime), but he's thick as mince. You know punditry is poor when he gets a gig.

It seems like all of the Liverpool players from that generation, Gerrard, Carra, Fowler, has got a soft spot for Mourinho. Probably because they watched up close how he came in and changed the PL. Setting a new standard, running training sessions that were well advanced of anything other teams were doing. Then they went to England camp hearing all the Chelsea players absolutely raving about him. He would probably have been an excellent choice at the time with regards to his coaching and achievements, but not even then from a personality perspective. It was obvious even then that the man has a personality disorder that just makes him into a massive cnut. I'd have Rafa any day over him. When they all speak so warmly about JM, it just shows that their opinons are outdated.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13845 on: May 4, 2024, 07:31:41 am »
It seems like all of the Liverpool players from that generation, Gerrard, Carra, Fowler, has got a soft spot for Mourinho. Probably because they watched up close how he came in and changed the PL. Setting a new standard, running training sessions that were well advanced of anything other teams were doing. Then they went to England camp hearing all the Chelsea players absolutely raving about him. He would probably have been an excellent choice at the time with regards to his coaching and achievements, but not even then from a personality perspective. It was obvious even then that the man has a personality disorder that just makes him into a massive cnut. I'd have Rafa any day over him. When they all speak so warmly about JM, it just shows that their opinons are outdated.

He was the football version of Trump and Johnson and had the same insidious effect on the game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #13846 on: May 4, 2024, 08:38:27 am »
He was the football version of Trump and Johnson and had the same insidious effect on the game.
You’re playing with fire having a go at Sue Johnson and to be honest Judd Trump is a really nice guy, how do you even knowhim to say that?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #13847 on: May 4, 2024, 09:26:17 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bw3lVL7F0Uc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bw3lVL7F0Uc</a>

Athletic's take on the pros and cons of Slot.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #13848 on: May 4, 2024, 10:17:37 am »
I think all free countries have journalists asking tough and sometimes dumb questions. Im sure Slot is used to that.

But I have to say the English tradition of choosing pundits solely based on how famous they were as players is weird. Even players that quite obviously have zero understanding of the game gets paid and airtime. It never ends either, they can go on saying insane stuff year after year

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13849 on: May 4, 2024, 10:47:56 am »
He seems proper Team Sound doesn’t he? Dreading Jurgen leaving but looking forward to the Slot era

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13850 on: May 4, 2024, 03:01:01 pm »
Jürgen Klopp said his phone will be on in case Arne Slot wants to ask for any advice:

“When new people arrive, if they want to know anything they can call me, everyone has my number. We can talk about absolutely everything, I love talking about everything about this club”.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13851 on: May 4, 2024, 03:06:02 pm »
From the normal one to the one we call Arne.

Offline DLF

• Justified and Ancient
  • Main Stander
« Reply #13852 on: May 4, 2024, 06:34:05 pm »
For all the lazy "David Moyes to United" comparisons, I don't remember watching his Everton and thinking they were trying to play like an elite level team.  Am I being unfair or is my tendency to watch Everton through shit tinted spectacles clouding my judgement?
The secret is that our Liverpool team never know when to stop running and working. At Anfield we have always believed in players supporting each other and concentrating on not giving the ball away. You can't go charging forward all the time, willy-nilly. You must have patience.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13853 on: May 4, 2024, 06:38:17 pm »
For all the lazy "David Moyes to United" comparisons, I don't remember watching his Everton and thinking they were trying to play like an elite level team.  Am I being unfair or is my tendency to watch Everton through shit tinted spectacles clouding my judgement?

You aren't.  They chose Moyes because fergie liked him and he was also Scottish. He a couple of good seasons with Everton but they actually had some decent players. There was nothing ground breaking about the football and they won fuck all. In fact, Everton haven't won a trophy since 1995.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #13854 on: May 4, 2024, 07:24:32 pm »
I think all free countries have journalists asking tough and sometimes dumb questions. Im sure Slot is used to that.

But I have to say the English tradition of choosing pundits solely based on how famous they were as players is weird. Even players that quite obviously have zero understanding of the game gets paid and airtime. It never ends either, they can go on saying insane stuff year after year

The people who hire and pay for Steve McManaman to have airtime should have the soles of their feet beaten.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline traustibm

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #13855 on: May 4, 2024, 07:38:07 pm »
The people who hire and pay for Steve McManaman to have airtime should have the soles of their feet beaten.

He’s one of the worst. Always spouting negativity and criticizing. Never any positives. Sucks the life out of you really. But most of these former players are like that when commentating. Carra and Neville are the same.

Clive Tyldesley was never a professional player but he has some great knowledge and can talk without sensationalizing everything.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 07:44:24 pm by traustibm »
“I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear holocaust.”
― Bill Hicks

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #13856 on: May 4, 2024, 07:46:15 pm »
Moyes replacing the legacy of Ferguson is one of the most insane decisions in football history.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13857 on: May 4, 2024, 07:46:29 pm »
I feel for Arne. Probably thinks he is coming in with a chance of winning a league title.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13858 on: May 4, 2024, 08:03:12 pm »
what's the normal team workload (number of games) in the Dutch league and domestic cups? 

has Slot had to deal with player fatigue as much / often as Jurgen? or is this something he's gonna need to learn (not the hard way, hopefully)?

Offline DLF

• Justified and Ancient
  • Main Stander
« Reply #13859 on: May 4, 2024, 08:08:58 pm »
You aren't.  They chose Moyes because fergie liked him and he was also Scottish. He a couple of good seasons with Everton but they actually had some decent players. There was nothing ground breaking about the football and they won fuck all. In fact, Everton haven't won a trophy since 1995.
Thank you.

The other lazy comparison is “he’s the next Ten Hag”.  Surely Ten Hag is the next Brendan Rodgers in that he refused to work with a DoF and, guess what, isn’t that astute at recruitment.  We aren’t making that mistake again and if we mess up the transfer window it won’t be because of Arne.
The secret is that our Liverpool team never know when to stop running and working. At Anfield we have always believed in players supporting each other and concentrating on not giving the ball away. You can't go charging forward all the time, willy-nilly. You must have patience.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #13860 on: May 4, 2024, 08:27:10 pm »
Thank you.

The other lazy comparison is “he’s the next Ten Hag”.  Surely Ten Hag is the next Brendan Rodgers in that he refused to work with a DoF and, guess what, isn’t that astute at recruitment.  We aren’t making that mistake again and if we mess up the transfer window it won’t be because of Arne.

I think Ten Hag has worked with a director, they’ve had Murtough and Fletcher running the show for the last couple of years, he refused to work with Rangnick (a consultant) but has worked with M+F, the problem is M+F are seemingly shite at their jobs and pandered to ETH as soon as he came to the club, wasting a summer pursuing De Jong then walloping the panic button with weeks left in the window. Rangnick to be fair hit the detonate button himself saying things like the squad required open heart surgery, it was true but ETH was probably right to suggest he leave the club rather than loom over the squad/board.

I can’t remember which pod I had on but when United appointed ETH, a Dutch journalist was on and said he was basically another Ronald Koeman as a manager. Quite pragmatic, quite prickly with players and quite a bit of an ego. It always stood out to me as elements of the press wanted you to believe he was a Guardiola disciple, I think largely because they’d worked at Bayern at the same time but the only similarities are shiny heads.

I think people trying to go early on Slot comparisons are embarrassing but they probably feel vindicated knowing that managers like Klopp are very rarely successfully replaced. History’s stacked against him but I can’t help but have a really good feeling just watching him in a presser. Character and personality can take you far in any job and he just seems to ooze confidence and charisma. I hope it translates to our lads because it feels like Hughes and Edwards have ticked all boxes apart from experience, but that’s modern football. He’s probably got more charisma and charm than Alonso, but Alonso being a legendary player speaks for itself.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #13861 on: May 4, 2024, 08:27:16 pm »
The more I think about this the more it looks like we are in a two step plan. I’m convinced that no high flying manager would want to take over from Klopp. There’s absolutely no repetitional benefit: it’s all risk. Klopp leaves waving 4 reputational aces in his hand. Fan loyalty, player loyalty, squeezing every drop of latent talent from the squad, etc.  I’m convinced LFC tried and found the two or three big name managers simply weren’t interested, knowing they couldn’t guarantee anything better.

Much better to give the role initially to an up and coming manager. They have less to lose and much to gain. If it doesn’t work it becomes much easier for Alonso etc to come to the job on a rescue mission.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13862 on: May 4, 2024, 08:29:53 pm »
I’m convinced LFC tried and found the two or three big name managers simply weren’t interested, knowing they couldn’t guarantee anything better.

1. Which 2-3 big names would they be?

2. On what basis are you convinced, apart from what goes on between your ears?

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13863 on: May 4, 2024, 08:53:41 pm »
I'm really quite excited to see what Slot can do.  He seems the right kind of character to get the players on board.
I'm in no way bored of Klopp and would be ecstatic if had stayed but only if he found his energy again.  It feels like the team needs to be re-energised and sadly Jurgen recognised he just didn't have anything left to give (understandably). Slot feels like he has that in him.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13864 on: May 4, 2024, 10:00:07 pm »
  I’m convinced LFC tried and found the two or three big name managers simply weren’t interested, knowing they couldn’t guarantee anything better.

Much better to give the role initially to an up and coming manager. They have less to lose and much to gain. If it doesn’t work it becomes much easier for Alonso etc to come to the job on a rescue mission.

1. Which two or three big name managers are these ?

2. So you think Slot is up and coming and Alonso is established?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #13865 on: May 4, 2024, 10:03:33 pm »
The more I think about this the more it looks like we are in a two step plan. I’m convinced that no high flying manager would want to take over from Klopp. There’s absolutely no repetitional benefit: it’s all risk. Klopp leaves waving 4 reputational aces in his hand. Fan loyalty, player loyalty, squeezing every drop of latent talent from the squad, etc.  I’m convinced LFC tried and found the two or three big name managers simply weren’t interested, knowing they couldn’t guarantee anything better.

We have a structure and a dependence on data like few other clubs.
To "be convinced" LFC looked at other big name managers, is what everyone thinks and expects. You don't need "convincing" for that. It's logical, it's what everyone would do... but we don't do what "everyone else" thinks or does.

We work according to a plan and a structure- based on data. If the data says it's Slot, then whatever the speculation in the media(and they were just speculation), we go out to get him. You know how we work. We've got a few names, almost always not well-known or fancied, and we go out and get 'em- and we move fast.
We're an outfit that loves blitzkrieg and guerilla tactics, both on and off the field- and' we've been tremendoulsy effective so far.

Our recruitment always hit everyone out of left-field and their silly opinions of "Liverpool should have done this" or "gone for that one" etc.. are usually made to look foolish.
Slot will be our Robinson, our Firmino, our Jota, our Mane, our Salah.

There are few managers who would not jump at the chance to take the helm. Big-name managers.
We're not interested. We're interested in what the data tells us. We've got a way of playing, distilled over more than a decade of management under FSG- established by Inglethorpe, Pep, Beale and distilled by Jurgen and his team. A system that works for us.
It is structured, its protocol, it's well-documented, the results are replicable, and we have the personnel, mindset, facilities and experience to support said system. It is well-known, has been rigorously tested within the club and it's flaws and weaknesses are also well-known.

If you don't play that type of football, we're not interested, so that's 99% of MANAGERS out of the game. We want a COACH, not a MANAGER with their own style of play. We already have one, and we have existing players, targets and Academy prospects ready to step into those roles and positions.
Slot is a coach and a bloody good one by all accounts.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 10:30:57 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #13866 on: May 4, 2024, 10:03:57 pm »
1. Which 2-3 big names would they be?

2. On what basis are you convinced, apart from what goes on between your ears?

I’m just a lad on a football forum so I don’t have a forensic knowledge of the club's strategies and I don’t have access to their emails. So if you want written proof you won’t get any from me  ;D . My conviction lies in the belief that a club that has had CL and PL success like ours in the last few years and with a few hundred million pounds of player assets (some of who may be a right old handful) would want a *proven* manager with a successful track record either European or international level, and a record of handling big egos. This is the obvious first choice strategy as it a) binds current big names to the club, b) brings new big names who want to be coached by the top flight manager, c) helps with fan buy in which in tun helps atmosphere which in turn helps performance.

Slot, whilst good in the Dutch league, and has a good energy, has none of the pedigree that characterised the bigger names being banded around in this thread. None of us read this move, not even the deep lying data science nerds in the RAWK nether regions. Strange then that we are all pretending this was actually some kind of master stroke.

It makes sense if Slot turns out to be an untapped messiah. Brilliant if so but where is the evidence? It also makes sense if this is a transition plan whilst we wait for a more optimal time to lure the Alonsos of the management world.

That’s what’s going in between my ears. Happy to be told I’m wrong, I’d like to know why. :D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13867 on: May 4, 2024, 10:09:08 pm »
I’m just a lad on a football forum so I don’t have a forensic knowledge of the club's strategies and I don’t have access to their emails. So if you want written proof you won’t get any from me  ;D . My conviction lies in the belief that a club that has had CL and PL success like ours in the last few years and with a few hundred million pounds of player assets (some of who may be a right old handful) would want a *proven* manager with a successful track record either European or international level, and a record of handling big egos. This is the obvious first choice strategy as it a) binds current big names to the club, b) brings new big names who want to be coached by the top flight manager, c) helps with fan buy in which in tun helps atmosphere which in turn helps performance.

Slot, whilst good in the Dutch league, and has a good energy, has none of the pedigree that characterised the bigger names being banded around in this thread. None of us read this move, not even the deep lying data science nerds in the RAWK nether regions. Strange then that we are all pretending this was actually some kind of master stroke.

It makes sense if Slot turns out to be an untapped messiah. Brilliant if so but where is the evidence? It also makes sense if this is a transition plan whilst we wait for a more optimal time to lure the Alonsos of the management world.

That’s what’s going in between my ears. Happy to be told I’m wrong, I’d like to know why. :D
I'll ask again - what 2-3 big names weren't interested?

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13868 on: May 4, 2024, 10:25:49 pm »
what's the normal team workload (number of games) in the Dutch league and domestic cups? 

has Slot had to deal with player fatigue as much / often as Jurgen? or is this something he's gonna need to learn (not the hard way, hopefully)?
34 league games...one domestic cup. Just like they all do, they learn on the job when it comes to first time PL coaches
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 10:27:27 pm by b_joseph »

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13869 on: May 4, 2024, 10:45:21 pm »

If a big-name manager was too intimidated to take over Liverpool, I doubt they would have become a big-name manager in the first place. These guys don't lack self-belief.

Also not sure any of the gettable big-name managers (the ones that spring to mind are Zidane, Conte and Mourinho) would be candidates that Edwards, Hughes and co would consider trying to approach. None of them fit our approach.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13870 on: May 4, 2024, 11:14:34 pm »
2. So you think Slot is up and coming and Alonso is established?

Someone didn't really think this one through. Not exactly covering themselves in glory.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13871 on: May 4, 2024, 11:18:15 pm »
I'll ask again - what 2-3 big names weren't interested?

You’re being a right meanie beanie to Penfold
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13872 on: May 4, 2024, 11:19:12 pm »
34 league games...one domestic cup. Just like they all do, they learn on the job when it comes to first time PL coaches
thanks mate. same as players arriving in the PL I guess, they simply can't believe how physically demanding every game is.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13873 on: May 4, 2024, 11:19:52 pm »
You’re being a right meanie beanie to Penfold
hard to believe innit?  :)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13874 on: May 4, 2024, 11:22:14 pm »

Absolutely no chance.  they have a long term plan for Slot.  Of course, no gurantee it works out long term, but the plan will be for it to work long term. He’s their man.

Good chance they sounded Alonso out but found out soon enough that he wasn’t going to leave Leverkusen for another year or that they didn’t want a manager who saw them as a stepping stone to Madrid anyway.

But I doubt there where others they went for.  Sure, other names along with Slot would have been considered, but he’s the one that ticks the boxes and who they are convinced is the right man, first in terms of football of course, but also in terms of personality, which does matter to a club like Liverpool.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13875 on: May 4, 2024, 11:25:08 pm »
hard to believe innit?  :)

Be careful - he’ll get danger mouse onto you
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13876 on: May 4, 2024, 11:30:29 pm »
Good chance they sounded Alonso out but found out soon enough that he wasn’t going to leave Leverkusen for another year or that they didn’t want a manager who saw them as a stepping stone to Madrid anyway.

I really think they might not have gone for him anyway, given that he plays three at the back that that's purportedly one of the reasons for turning away from Amorim.

But I doubt there where others they went for.  Sure, other names along with Slot would have been considered, but he’s the one that ticks the boxes and who they are convinced is the right man, first in terms of football of course, but also in terms of personality, which does matter to a club like Liverpool.

I'm 100% convinced the shortlist was Alonso, De Zerbi, Amorim and Slot. And that shortlist was established by the time Klopp made the announcement in January. Perhaps finalising the shortlist was the catalyst for Klopp making the announcement - because that was the time they would have had to start approaching agents to open discussions, and from there on it was going to be impossible to keep it secret.

Alonso ruled himself out.
Then the club leaked to friendly journalists that they had ruled out De Zerbi.

So the final decision was between Amorim and Slot. And with hindsight, it's easy to see that Slot was always the better fit of the two.

The really mad thing is that Slot stayed under the radar for so long.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #13877 on: May 4, 2024, 11:48:13 pm »
Moyes replacing the legacy of Ferguson is one of the most insane decisions in football history.

Ferguson is much lauded as a manager but he was no General. He left no exit strategy.  He bought his last league buying Van Persie and left a team on its last legs to his successor. United under Ferguson was like North Korea. Cult of personality. Thank F**K our club has an actual structure in place and Arne isn’t walking into Liverpool like Moyes did at United.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13878 on: May 4, 2024, 11:49:47 pm »
He seems like a good guy and a very good speaker.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13879 on: May 4, 2024, 11:57:23 pm »
Proper excited, pretty much a seamless transition post Klopp with the same football philosophy, seems like he'd get all fans behind him with his charisma and players running through walls for him as it has been at previous clubs, he seems to love developing young talent as well.

After Xabi this is the most perfect appointment we could make, going to be another exciting era, can't wait for next season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."