Author Topic: One Man's Mission to X $44 billion Goodbye  (Read 72523 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Twitter?
« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2022, 08:26:18 pm »
I think the complete opposite. Going to be a right wing paradise  . Lax moderation and little censorship all under the guise of 'free speech'.

The thing is if you remove the bots and a lot of that shite then the right wing nutters will be in much less numbers.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2022, 08:56:44 pm »
I hope you are right Craig. The platform needs drastic changes anyway. Think we can all agree on that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2022, 08:57:49 pm »
Haven't used the shite in ages.

Hopefully it gets better.

44bn, wow that's some price.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: April 25, 2022, 09:00:55 pm »
Don’t think Musk will do much to make a meaningful change, or should I say needed change. Social media in general needs a thourough reform and rethink - but not by tech people who ‘ship fast and break things’. That attitude is what got us here, it’s not the solution.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2022, 09:03:49 pm »
What's Musks view on Trump and the other crazies anyone know?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2022, 09:05:18 pm »
Don’t think Musk will do much to make a meaningful change, or should I say needed change. Social media in general needs a thourough reform and rethink - but not by tech people who ‘ship fast and break things’. That attitude is what got us here, it’s not the solution.

He's already been saying he wants to massively tackle the bots and make every real human on it verified.

I'd say if he does both of those then that's a meaningful change.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2022, 09:25:51 pm »
We’ll see. I’m not a user of any social media anyway, so not really bothered or best placed to comment on issues users face. Issues I faced with all of these platforms is promoting engagement by all means, data harvesting and in general being an almost total waste of time that is geared to destroy ability to focus. Musk might make Twitter better for current users, not sure he resolves core ones.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2022, 10:31:10 pm »
Does free speech now include throwing around the paedo word

Musk is a twat,.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2022, 10:43:15 pm »
So...

If we all lived in a "Game Of Thrones/Harry Potter" type world....does this mean that Elon Musk now owns all the ravens and owls?

:o
YNWA

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2022, 10:50:32 pm »
What's Musks view on Trump and the other crazies anyone know?

Wants to let him back on Twitter apparently.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2022, 10:59:17 pm »
What the fuck is that all about.
I've heard a couple of people wanking themselves silly about it over weekend, and I wondered what it's all about.
Is it just another FuckFacebook/MySpace/Bebo load of shite or what?

It's extra shite now

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2022, 11:04:42 pm »
Cautiously optimistic about Musk in charge.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2022, 11:05:57 pm »
Does free speech now include throwing around the paedo word

Musk is a twat,.

Well an American court backed up the richest man in the world’s when he described a volunteer diver as a paedo so, no doubt, anything will go.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2022, 11:06:29 pm »
Interesting platform twitter.  It’s the only social media to suffer a dip in numbers and then see them go back up again.

If musk can get rid of the bots, get rid of people who are repeat offenders then it might get better.  It’s a really weird way to spend $44bn though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #254 on: April 26, 2022, 01:09:20 am »
Interesting platform twitter.  It’s the only social media to suffer a dip in numbers and then see them go back up again.

If musk can get rid of the bots, get rid of people who are repeat offenders then it might get better. It’s a really weird way to spend $44bn though

It's the future....(like garlic bread...)

Seriously though....through the eyes of future historians, this period in time will likely be seen as social media's somewhat amusing infancy.....but just like "fire" and "the wheel"....humanity's now stumbled across the know-how with this type of thing and it's a genie that's never going back in the bottle.

The person (or people) who get to shape and refine instantaneous mass communication platforms....taking them beyond the kind of trite "tittle-tattle" they're currently being used to transmit (generating billions in ad revenue in the process..) .....will play a huge role in bringing about...

...well that's IT really. WHO KNOWS what Elon Musk's got up his sleeve with this?

For me, Twitter's like a huge megaphone......certain people speak....and throughout the four corners of the earth, people listen (and respond/react.)

Come back in DeLorean in 200 years time and I guess you'd get to see a fuller evolution of this tech, and just how much it's empowered those who've sought control of it within that time-frame.

???

YNWA

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2022, 07:41:44 am »
There's been a major power vacuum at Twitter for a while now where no-one knew who was in charge and the bots have ran rampant (not that I'm there or will ever be to see it).

At least if Musk makes the first amendment the standard for content moderation everyone will know where the line goes. Like I said though, I've never been on the platform but for a week in 2011 to see what it was like and I deleted it pretty instantly. It's just not for me.

I'd much rather he had bought Youtube since that's a lot more relevant platform where the algorithm and demonetization have adversely affected quite harmless content. That's the site that really needs fixing since it offers much more interesting material.
Linudden.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2022, 07:44:18 am »
His pledge to sort the bots out is good, it is terrible and ruining social media, Instagram is 10x worse for bots. Go into any comments on any post and its just Forex, Only Fans, Entrepreneur bots begging you to DM a user.

Its surely easy to sort for a brainbox.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2022, 09:20:49 am »
If I wasn’t suspended I’d probably boycott it. to be honest I really liked it for up to date news (insider gossip) , but I don’t miss it. There’s something deeply wrong with Musk, so I would not hold my breath that the cesspit is going to be cleaned up.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2022, 10:29:28 am »
Musk's takeover is a timely nudge for me to deactivate my Twitter account.  So much time wasted reading people arguing and getting sucked down rabbit holes.  There are plenty of good contributors who use Twitter to redirect traffic to their websites/blogs (former RAWKite BabuYagu for one) but like all media it's also full of click-baiters and contrarians fishing for engagement.

Whatever Musk's motivations are - it could be as harmless as an ego trip for somebody with more money than he could ever spend - I've no time for him or the other tech bros.  He seems to have no consideration for society or, really, anybody but himself.

Now if only Musk would takeover RAWK I might actually get some work done  ;)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2022, 10:31:25 am »
If I wasn’t suspended I’d probably boycott it. to be honest I really liked it for up to date news (insider gossip) , but I don’t miss it. There’s something deeply wrong with Musk, so I would not hold my breath that the cesspit is going to be cleaned up.
He’s autistic. So I think we need to be careful about the way we describe him as a neurodiverse person

He’s an odd one, he transformed the way we pay with paypal, he’s literally driven the switch to electric cars off his own back and he’s transforming space and space exploration)

On the flip side he does have some odd ideas and opinions sometimes, and buying twitter is the biggest of them.

But he choses to do things he thinks will make the world better rather than just make him richer (although he has a knack of doing both at once) and there’s a lot to admire in that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2022, 10:35:24 am »
On the flip side he does have some odd ideas and opinions sometimes, and buying twitter is the biggest of them.

I'm not sure it's that odd.

In terms of value it's probably quite undervalued at $44bn, mostly because it's lost it's way and really does need sorting out somewhat. If you look at the value of other well known social media companies though you can see it could potentially 5x or more from the current value if he gets it right (and he'll def back himself to do so).

He also does seem to have a fondness for the platform, or at least the basis of the platform if not how it's currently run. So even if it only holds its value, or has a minimal gain, it's probably a success in his eyes. I mean it's not like he's going to be short of money!

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2022, 10:36:48 am »
He’s autistic. So I think we need to be careful about the way we describe him as a neurodiverse person

He’s an odd one, he transformed the way we pay with paypal, he’s literally driven the switch to electric cars off his own back and he’s transforming space and space exploration)

But he choses to do things he thinks will make the world better rather than just make him richer (although he has a knack of doing both at once) and there’s a lot to admire in that

He had a lot lesss to do with Paypal than he likes to claim.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2022, 10:37:13 am »
He had a lot lesss to do with Paypal than he likes to claim.
Granted. That’s true
W

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2022, 10:39:42 am »

I was not aware of that, thanks. I guess it goes some way to explaining his reactions to things.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2022, 10:42:54 am »
I deleted Twitter in January and there has been a tangible impact on my mental health, and I no longer see the world as quite so polarising. I can assure you all that you won't miss any "insider info" or any breaking news etc. Any real news that breaks on Twitter (like user videos showing atrocities in Ukraine or other important stories) still appears on reputable news sites pretty quickly and is usually verified.

I haven't successfully deleted my dormant Facebook account yet, and I still use Instagram, but I want to and fail to because all Social Media companies have their ways to hook you in. "oh my auntie Maureen in Timbuktoo won't see any pictures of the baby" or "oh how will I know if Fabio Romano is breaking a transfer story" etc etc. It's all part of the model/algorithm.

It's interesting since deleting Twitter my use of RAWK has grown massively because I obviously need that hit or to fill whatever gap Twitter has left for me but I'd much prefer to see what people are saying on here (though there is a lot more shite than there used to be) because it's heavily moderated by generally good people.

I think Musk has pretty malign intentions and we should all view his control of Twitter as a huge negative. It should be a great excuse for a large majority of people to simply delete their accounts and do something else. You won't miss it I promise.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #265 on: April 26, 2022, 11:07:43 am »
I think he’s wasted a huge chunk of his money though

Hasn't he bet against Tesla or something as well? Seems he has so much money he covers all bases without blinking.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: April 26, 2022, 11:08:01 am »
Well an American court backed up the richest man in the world’s when he described a volunteer diver as a paedo so, no doubt, anything will go.

Exactly, all those right wing libertarians excited about free speech on twitter are not thinking this through

If you can make baseless accusations, it wont be a good place
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #267 on: April 26, 2022, 11:17:23 am »
There's been a major power vacuum at Twitter for a while now where no-one knew who was in charge and the bots have ran rampant (not that I'm there or will ever be to see it).

At least if Musk makes the first amendment the standard for content moderation everyone will know where the line goes. Like I said though, I've never been on the platform but for a week in 2011 to see what it was like and I deleted it pretty instantly. It's just not for me.

I'd much rather he had bought Youtube since that's a lot more relevant platform where the algorithm and demonetization have adversely affected quite harmless content. That's the site that really needs fixing since it offers much more interesting material.

Google would never sell YouTube, I feel. Way too valuable and integrated into other services.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #268 on: April 26, 2022, 11:25:52 am »
Hasn't he bet against Tesla or something as well? Seems he has so much money he covers all bases without blinking.

No that's Bill Gates who has a short on Tesla stock.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #269 on: April 26, 2022, 11:26:19 am »
Google would never sell YouTube, I feel. Way too valuable and integrated into other services.

Nah they 100% wouldn't. It's the second largest search engine in the world after Google itself and prints money for them.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 26, 2022, 12:41:23 pm »
Hopefully its a stupid purchase and this and all social media fails.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: April 26, 2022, 12:45:24 pm »
I'll take a wait and see attitude. A lot of contributors I subscribe to are staying, so I don't see a need to go. I think the worry for most people is that he's letting the right wing nutjobs back in, but if he is serious about cleaning up the 'other' posters, I would love to see what it looks like.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2022, 01:21:45 pm »
Hopefully its a stupid purchase and this and all social media fails.

;D
but if theres no RAWK, how will we all know who you hate the  most this week?

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2022, 03:26:13 pm »
What better owner for Twitter than Elon Musk, master of the ill-advised tweet?
Marina Hyde

The ultimate shitposter has bought up Twitter, and its denizens are angry – how entirely appropriate

Speaking a few hours ago about Twitter purchaser Elon Musk, Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey declared: “I trust his mission to extend the light of consciousness.” Bless. This feels like the first flashback scene we see in a dystopian drama after the words “SIX MONTHS EARLIER …” Quite where we’ll be in six months’ time as far as Twitter is concerned remains tantalisingly unclear, but it seems difficult to imagine it will be either a more or less pleasant space. It’s a social media platform. I’m not sure what further evidence humanity needs before we cotton on to the idea that such a thing might be an intrinsically toxic concept. Of course, there will always be some people who think it just hasn’t been done right yet. Like communism, or a British version of the Daily Show.

Anyway, if Musk’s takeover goes through, he’ll assume control of a platform where the people on the right are incredibly angry about free speech, and those on the left are incredibly angry about hate speech. Which is to say: they have so much in common. As the tech visionary Jaron Lanier has long been excellent at pointing out, the best way to keep people on platforms is to make them angry. So the platforms are designed to make them angry. You might consider the anger worth it for your version of advertising (I myself will post this column on Twitter), but even then it is a weirdly grim cost of doing business that just conceivably ought to be weighed far more carefully than it is.

Unlike the UK, Musk manufactures other things besides anger, but Twitter is the platform where, in a single calendar year, his posts led to multiple lawsuits, a fall in his stock price, and a Securities and Exchange Commission settlement that resulted in his chairmanship of Tesla being forcibly ended. Yet in a move that will feel familiar to a lot of Twitter users, he has not logged off, but leaned in further. When I was a child, there was a guy called Victor Kiam who owned Remington, and he would personally feature in the firm’s electric razor adverts, going: “I liked the shaver so much, I bought the company.” It would be nice to see Musk do something similar. “I liked calling innocent people paedos so much, I bought the company.”

Against this backdrop, the distress of Twitter users feels overplayed. Perhaps Elon embodies a kind of radical honesty and self-awareness not shared by other denizens of the site. People who seem to spend half their lives complaining about Twitter, on Twitter, seem stunned by the idea that a shitposter would ultimately buy it. Catch up! It doesn’t feel like a complete coincidence that all social media platforms are owned by men you’d run a mile from, socially.

Musk is one of them – a brilliant, horrid, ridiculous and very occasionally endearing grotesque. A sort of intergalactically successful Dominic Cummings. And yet, despite Elon’s give-a-toss gift for making himself what Twitter users might call the “main character”, I can’t detest him entirely. If he pulls off the radical green energy transition embodied in Tesla, or even just one of his other wildly ambitious schemes, humans might have to accept some of the shit that’s gone with it. Accept it angrily, of course – how else, we’re on a social media platform! – but accept it nonetheless. A huge number of other people in public life behave appallingly and achieve absolutely nothing but harm.

But if endlessly righteous folk do balk at the mere idea of necessary evils, why do they act like their own involvement in Twitter is one? It isn’t. It’s easy to focus on the high-profile people who are always on Twitter. But the sheer numbers of highly successful, highly creative and highly interesting people in the worlds of arts, business, science and beyond who AREN’T on it should tell a much more powerful story. They are part of all kinds of era-defining creative and commercial conversations and breakthroughs – and somehow manage to do it all without lavishing half the day scrolling past a bunch of other people having a row.

Lanier has cast detailed doubt on whether most Twitter advocacy is even meaningfully effective, despite sometimes appearing to be so. If you spend your day caught up in online fighting, it’s preferable to tell yourself you’re involved in consciousness-raising for your cause. An alternative view is that you are simply obsessively polarising your particular debate, to the point where compromise – boring, unfashionable, yet historically always necessary – becomes a more distant possibility.

My “unpopular opinion”, in one of Twitter’s tellingly popular phrases, is that those who spend a significant amount of time arguing on it work for the platform, and not for their cause. The Musk takeover at least makes it easier to see whose pocket you’re putting money into as you delude yourself you’re winning arguments. I’m certainly not saying I follow this rule, but in general I think arguing on the internet is like playing real tennis: even if you win, you’re still a twat.

Marina Hyde is a Guardian columnist

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/26/twitter-elon-musk-ill-advised-tweet-angry

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #274 on: April 26, 2022, 06:38:49 pm »
Dont know much about this Musk bloke but he seems ever so slightly repulsive. Is it just because he looks like a cross between Ricky Gervais and Kim Jong-un.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2022, 06:46:25 pm »
His pledge to sort the bots out is good, it is terrible and ruining social media, Instagram is 10x worse for bots. Go into any comments on any post and its just Forex, Only Fans, Entrepreneur bots begging you to DM a user.

Its surely easy to sort for a brainbox.

Depends on his motive for getting rid of bots and how he deals with other stuff and how this whole "free speech" shite is being implemented. Wouldn't surprise me, if it turns into an anything goes kind of place (even more so than it already is) and the getting rid of bots while forcing everybody else to verify their accounts is just a way to make money. Surely, you can make a lot of money with ads and data when you have a platform where there's one million users who are all verfied compared to one that has three million with half of them being bots and the others pretending to be someone they actually aren't...

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2022, 07:59:29 pm »
Musk is a dickhead and twitter is a cesspit so it does make sense that he is the one to own it.

No idea why anyone would use twitter anyway.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2022, 08:10:31 pm »
Depends on his motive for getting rid of bots and how he deals with other stuff and how this whole "free speech" shite is being implemented. Wouldn't surprise me, if it turns into an anything goes kind of place (even more so than it already is) and the getting rid of bots while forcing everybody else to verify their accounts is just a way to make money. Surely, you can make a lot of money with ads and data when you have a platform where there's one million users who are all verfied compared to one that has three million with half of them being bots and the others pretending to be someone they actually aren't...

If people are required to pay for the service, it will go the way of Netflix. I don’t think he is in it to make more money, he bought it for such an exorbitant price in spite of the platform actually failing to monetise the content.

The point about free speech I think is valid, as Twitter now has become a platform very much used to cancel a lot of people or organisations for stupid reasons. It seems the official Twitter for the Armed Forces of Ukraine was suspended last week for a violation, while the Russian MOD account is still running. It’s too easy now to gang up on those you don’t want around on it by using twitter’s own tools to get rid of them. Who makes the decisions or who sets the parameters? It’s a right mess that becomes one that may be too hard to untangle. So to set it free I think is important, as long as the server farms and bots are controlled. Otherwise it will just be a broken service like IG.

But in the end, he is a narcissist first and foremost, and I think he needs the platform to say the things he wants to say. It’s probably just that simple.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2022, 08:10:36 pm »
No idea why anyone would use twitter anyway.

There are loads of great posters over there who use it as one of their primary publishing methods.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2022, 08:12:11 pm »
There are loads of great posters over there who use it as one of their primary publishing methods.

Thank you.