Author Topic: Voronin targets Liverpool return  (Read 131448 times)

Offline lunnylad

• Anny Roader
Re: Voronin targets Liverpool return
« Reply #160 on: December 1, 2008, 12:26:43 pm »
PS - those goals are domestic league only for both
6 may come first, but we all want 19
good luck to Rafa, where the fuck's Keane?....

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: December 1, 2008, 12:30:43 pm »
These are, apparently, Voronins career statistics(1995-2008):

Borussia Mönchengladbach : played 9, scored 1
Mainz : played 75, scored 29
Köln : played 19, scored 4
Bayer Leverkusen : played 92, scored 32

Liverpool→ Hertha Berlin (loan)

Ukraine : played 54 , scored 6

These are Robbie Keanes (1997-2008)

Wolves : played 73, scored 24
Coventry : played 31, scored 12
Inter : played 6, scored 0
Leeds (inc loan spell) played 46, scored 13
Spurs : played 197, scored 80

ROI : played 85, scored 35

Voronin gets slated because he's just not very good. I certainly don't think he's any kind of Sean Dundee, but I don't think that he improves our squad either. Seeing as how you're using a stats based argument, check those out above - Keane is a more prolific striker, in a shorter period of time. Furthermore, he's done a lot of his scoring in the League - so we know it's in his locker.

Unfortunately for Voro the only thing in his locker is a leopard print jumpsuit, an alice band, some timotei and a cougar. Not the worst player we've ever had, but certainly a candidate for worst barnet and dresser. On those points alone I don't think we should want him back... ;)

Thats all very well.  But I'd prefer to go by the evidence of my own eyes.

And comparing the performances of the 2 in a Liverpool shirt, Voronin is the better player.  Forget transfer price, forget pony tails, forget International goals etc.

From what I have seen in a Liverpool shirt, Voronin - if he played the same amount of games as Keane - would score more and create more.

If Keane had scored that wonderful goal Voronin did away at Toulouse, or if Keane had set up Gerrard (?) with the sumptuous back heel Voronin did home to Toulouse, we would near hear the end of it.

Its impossible to prove scientifically, but the evidence of my own eyes leads me to belive firmly (if unprovably) that if Voronin had played as many games as Keane has this season, he woudl have scored more goals.  A lot more goals.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #162 on: December 1, 2008, 12:33:16 pm »

And comparing the performances of the 2 in a Liverpool shirt, Voronin is the better player.  Forget transfer price, forget pony tails, forget International goals etc.

From what I have seen in a Liverpool shirt, Voronin - if he played the same amount of games as Keane - would score more and create more.

If Keane had scored that wonderful goal Voronin did away at Toulouse, or if Keane had set up Gerrard (?) with the sumptuous back heel Voronin did home to Toulouse, we would near hear the end of it.

Its impossible to prove scientifically, but the evidence of my own eyes leads me to belive firmly (if unprovably) that if Voronin had played as many games as Keane has this season, he woudl have scored more goals.  A lot more goals.
You are talking utter shite
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: December 1, 2008, 12:38:44 pm »
You are talking utter shite

So you reckon if Voronin had played as many games so far this season as Keane he would have scored fewer goals than Keane has managed so far?

Keane has been a huge disappointment so far.  Nothing to do with his price tag. Everything to do with his performances.  He has missed far far too many chances and not created a great deal.

Offline lunnylad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #164 on: December 1, 2008, 12:52:53 pm »
So you reckon if Voronin had played as many games so far this season as Keane he would have scored fewer goals than Keane has managed so far?

Keane has been a huge disappointment so far.  Nothing to do with his price tag. Everything to do with his performances.  He has missed far far too many chances and not created a great deal.

This is definitely all about opinions - and in my humble one, you're punctuating the difference between the two players. Keane has been a disappointment - SO FAR. I think most people have seen enough of the lad to know that he's more likely to settle than not. Where as Voronin just isn't good enough, and for the 2 marked moments of quality you've cited I could give you 10 moments of utter shit.

I don't think he's the worst player ever, but I think to say he'd be more prolific than Keane is just nonsense.
6 may come first, but we all want 19
good luck to Rafa, where the fuck's Keane?....

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #165 on: December 1, 2008, 12:53:49 pm »
Won't happen, atleat the guys motivated. Can't fault him for that but I'd prefer we bought back Owen ta\han bring back Voronin - purely based on talent. Good luck in your career Voro, it just wont be with us.

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 1, 2008, 04:17:28 pm »
These are, apparently, Voronins career statistics(1995-2008):

Borussia Mönchengladbach : played 9, scored 1
Mainz : played 75, scored 29
Köln : played 19, scored 4
Bayer Leverkusen : played 92, scored 32

Liverpool→ Hertha Berlin (loan)

Ukraine : played 54 , scored 6

These are Robbie Keanes (1997-2008)

Wolves : played 73, scored 24
Coventry : played 31, scored 12
Inter : played 6, scored 0
Leeds (inc loan spell) played 46, scored 13
Spurs : played 197, scored 80

ROI : played 85, scored 35

Voronin gets slated because he's just not very good. I certainly don't think he's any kind of Sean Dundee, but I don't think that he improves our squad either. Seeing as how you're using a stats based argument, check those out above - Keane is a more prolific striker, in a shorter period of time. Furthermore, he's done a lot of his scoring in the League - so we know it's in his locker.

Unfortunately for Voro the only thing in his locker is a leopard print jumpsuit, an alice band, some timotei and a cougar. Not the worst player we've ever had, but certainly a candidate for worst barnet and dresser. On those points alone I don't think we should want him back... ;)

yes all good factual but not for liverpool robbie keane could have scored a million goals from spurs coventry etc but 4 goals for liverpool is a very very poor return and now he HAS to deliver now torres is out .

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #167 on: December 1, 2008, 04:24:10 pm »

It's very simple really:

A/ Keane had a good scoring record beforehand, which shows he has ability to regain.

B/ Voronin has never had a good scoring record, which shows he had no ability to regain.

And seriously, you're forgetting just how shite Voronin was. I'm not going to claim Robbie Keane has been impressive in a Liverpool shirt cause I've been distinctly underwhelmed. But at least he has the potential to come good. Voronin is just a lost cause.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 1, 2008, 04:25:43 pm »

That is an interesting opinion. Nice to see someone prepared to argue the Voronator's case, though I'm not sure I'd prefer him in the team to Keane. I just like defending Voronin as I too sometimes (shock haircut confession) sport a dashing ponytail (for work, the rest of the time I'm just an unkempt hippy c*nt). Still, I can keep the leopard print out of my wardrobe and the peroxide at bay...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 1, 2008, 04:32:29 pm »
I don't think that Vorinion is in the same league as Robbie, Saying that though I was surprised that Rafa decided to play him in the majority of the pre season friendlies and then just fobbed him off. I thought the few games at the start of this year were a clear reminder of how poor a player he was. Keane will do well but I don't think he was great purchase by Rafa

Offline redjed1

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: December 1, 2008, 04:46:13 pm »
Comparing Voronin and Keane - get real.

Voronin was only ever after the money, as shown by his suggestions of a return.

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 1, 2008, 04:48:45 pm »
Comparing Voronin and Keane - get real.

Voronin was only ever after the money, as shown by his suggestions of a return.
no its compering records voronin's was not good enough and he was a squad player and cost nothing , keane is a first teamer and cost 20 millions work it out .

Offline redjed1

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: December 1, 2008, 05:03:31 pm »
Keane works hard and looks like he wants to be a Liverpool player. OK, the goalscoring record could be better but give it time.

Voronin never gave me the impression he wanted to play for the red shirt. Apart from a few flicks and good pre-season games - he made no impression at all.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: December 1, 2008, 10:15:51 pm »
VORONIN SOS  :D
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #174 on: December 1, 2008, 10:19:03 pm »
We need this guy back, asap.

:P

Offline JordLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #175 on: December 1, 2008, 10:47:10 pm »
Voronin: I'm at home in Berlin
Andriy Voronin is a more than familiar face in the Bundesliga. The Ukraine international began his career with Borussia Monchengladbach, where he spent five seasons between 1995 and 2000. He then played for Mainz, Cologne and Bayer Leverkusen, before finally changing countries in 2007 and joining Premier League heavyweights Liverpool. He did not last long in England, however, and was loaned back to Germany in the summer of 2008, where he has been an integral part of Hertha Berlin's fine start to the season.

The 29-year-old also has his sights set on helping his country qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, alongside such stars as AC Milan's Andriy Shevchenko and Anatoliy Tymoschuk of Zenit. FIFA.com caught up with the forward for an exclusive interview. 

FIFA.com: Andriy, having played in Gladbach, Cologne, Mainz, Leverkusen and now Berlin, you have certainly seen and experienced much of what the Bundesliga has to offer. What are your fondest memories thus far?
Andriy Voronin: I have very good memories from all the clubs I have played for in Germany. Leverkusen was obviously where I had the most success, but I have been very comfortable with all the clubs I have played for in Germany and always given my all for every shirt.

You are currently under contract with the team that has won the most league titles in England, Liverpool. What made you choose to go back to the Bundesliga and Hertha Berlin?
Liverpool made it perfectly clear to me that once they had bought Robbie Keane, I wouldn't get very much playing time - and with Keane, [Fernando] Torres, [Dirk] Kuyt and [Ryan] Babel there were certainly some big names that I would have been in competition with. The most important thing for me was to be playing, and when Hertha came along at the right time, I didn't think twice.

You will have to go back to England in the summer. Could you imagine staying longer in Berlin?
I certainly could imagine that. I feel very much at home in Berlin and Hertha is a very professionally run club. I'm more than ready to sit down and have talks.

Your contract with the Reds goes through to 2011, by which time you will be 32. Is there a particular club that you would still like to play for?
In the football business you never know what will happen next, but I think that I can look back on a good career. With Liverpool, I played for one of the top clubs in England in the toughest league in Europe. If I could choose though, I would like to play for Barcelona.

Two promoted clubs are certainly creating quite a stir at the moment; Hoffenheim in Germany and Hull City in England. Are you surprised that these two clubs are able to hold their own with the top teams?
If you look at how Hoffenheim have invested and how they operate, it's no surprise. We've already played Hoffenheim and I have to say that they do have some good footballers. I'm too far away to comment much on Hull City, but basically there is always a surprise team or two every season in every league.

Having played in both the Premier League and the Bundesliga, which is the stronger?
The Premier League is always described as the strongest league in Europe. The tempo there is very high and everything goes incredibly quickly there. I think that the Bundesliga is also of a very high standard, and I'm very pleased to be able to play in the Bundesliga again.

Moving on to international football. Ukraine are yet to lose in the qualifiers but they are only third in the table behind England and Croatia. What are your chances of making it to South Africa 2010?
Of course we're hoping to qualify for the World Cup in South Africa. At the moment we have a game in hand which should end with us getting another three points. We'll fight right up until the final match.

At Germany 2006, Ukraine made it to the quarter-finals but then failed to qualify for UEFA EURO 2008. Why was there such a difference between the performances?
We had a really strong qualifying group for the EURO. The two 2006 World Cup finalists were in there, namely Italy and France, as well as Scotland. It was an incredibly tough group, and we had virtually no chance of getting through.

What is Ukraine's real level?
It's difficult to say at the moment, since we have a lot of young players in the squad and the team is being rebuilt. I think that the team has a bright future ahead of it but that it needs a little more time.

You have only scored four goals in 47 internationals, whereas you have a far better ratio in domestic football. Why have you not been able to carry over this success into the international arena?
It's down to the fact that I often play in midfield and have to put in a lot of defensive work. Then there is also the different system that we sometimes play, but yes, I definitely need to score more goals for Ukraine.

Back to the Bundesliga for one final question. What can Hertha achieve this year, and who do you think will win the league?
We'll try to make it into the European places, but a lot of clubs who have spent a great deal more money than us have the same idea. There are three or four teams at the top who can do battle for the title. By my reckoning they are Bayern [Munich], Schalke, [Bayer] Leverkusen and [Werder] Bremen, and maybe also Hamburg.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #176 on: December 1, 2008, 10:54:35 pm »
You know what i'd take him back. hes crap but he knows where the goal is (well usually)
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline dannyjx9

• Boys Pen
« Reply #178 on: December 2, 2008, 09:19:03 pm »
vigo off ghostbusters 2 haha

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #179 on: December 2, 2008, 09:19:16 pm »
You know what i'd take him back. hes crap but he knows where the goal is (well usually)

i actually think we miss crouch more than voronin
we lack a target man striker to provide a plan b
at the moment there is no plan b

Offline wirral_red

• Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: December 2, 2008, 11:23:40 pm »
Its fuck all to do with the club or football.....his missus is a fuckin major shareholder in Primark & wants to get her wardrobe sorted for Spring 09....

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 2, 2008, 11:28:16 pm »
Can't argue with that to be fair. For a Bosman 4th choice striker, he pretty much did what it says on his tin.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 2, 2008, 11:29:32 pm »
i actually think we miss crouch more than voronin
we lack a target man striker to provide a plan b
at the moment there is no plan b
Yeah but there's a plan C, D, E, F, G etc.

Problem is we only ever go with Plan A, regardless of how things go on the pitch.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 3, 2008, 03:34:53 am »
how's voronin doing at the moment?

Offline elmo

• Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: December 3, 2008, 05:52:38 am »
how's voronin doing at the moment?
Made quality assist on Friday. Haven't seen the match itself, just epsode:
http://videos.sapo.pt/CWroN0k8MtQ8nazWZwiB

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 8, 2008, 05:20:42 pm »
pantelic now being touted about for premiership sides.

go on rafa doa  swap deal
this lad can play the lone role and is a decent player
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #186 on: December 8, 2008, 05:28:59 pm »

Ha ha, you can't fool me Walshy

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: December 8, 2008, 06:02:44 pm »
Let's just move grounds and don't give him the new address.

Offline ashley b

• Main Stander
« Reply #188 on: December 8, 2008, 06:04:48 pm »
if voronin comes back to play one more game for us i will eat my own bollucks.

Offline DRice

• and DPeas
  • Anny Roader
  • Free to fly the Crimson Sky
« Reply #189 on: December 8, 2008, 06:27:24 pm »
i'll put together a more considered argument once i have read the thread but Voronin is utter shite and should never be seen in a red shirt again. ever. bring back Sean Dundee
Diego Maradona: "The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all. You knew they could defend but the team showed they could play too and wrote a page in the history books. The match will last forever. "

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 8, 2008, 06:29:34 pm »
Think a lot of people are overeacting about him to be honest.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline woopawoohey

• Boys Pen
« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2008, 08:08:46 am »
He won't wear a Liverpool shirt again.
YNWA

Offline codland

• Kopite
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2008, 10:36:38 am »
an article about Hertha's summer signings

Everyone may be talking about the top-of-the-table clash between FC Bayern and 1899 Hoffenheim, but let's not forget Hertha BSC.

Four straight wins have taken the Berliners up to third, a position that would see them qualify for the UEFA Champions League at the end of the season.

One reason that stands out is that coach Lucien Favre and sporting director Dieter Hoeneß obviously got a few decisions right in this summer's transfer market.

The attack

To strengthen the attack, Hertha signed Brazilian Cicero, Maximilian Nicu and Andrey Voronin in the summer.

At least one of those three was directly involved in 16 out of Hertha's last 18 goals (as scorer or provider).

Cicero has started all 15 matches, scoring five goals in the process - Diego (eight) and Franck Ribery (six) are the only midfielders that have scored more goals.

The Brazilian went for goal more often than any other Hertha player (35 shots) and he was also fouled more often than any of his team-mates (37 times).

Cicero set up two goals and 14 other shots.

Nicu is the only Hertha player who set up more goals (five, only three Bundesliga players set up more goals). Consequently Nicu has started all matches since round 5.

The former Wehen player often goes for goal from outside the box (47% of his shots).

Andrey Voronin, who is on loan from Liverpool FC, scored three goals and set up three more.

His goals were decisive: in Leverkusen and against Hoffenheim Voronin scored late winners, and his 2-0 ended the 3-0 against Hanover as a contest.

58% of his shots (excluding blocked ones) were on target, an impressive record.

Striker Voronin had more touches per 90 minutes (59) than midfielder Nicu (53).

http://bundesliga.de/en/liga/news/2008/index.php?f=0000112856.php

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2008, 10:45:37 am »
I'd say he's found his level
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 22, 2008, 10:24:38 am »

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2008, 01:26:34 pm »

Maybe we should try to engineer a swap deal for Marko Pantelic in January?

He is free on Bosman in the summer, and definitely not signing a new deal at Hertha ... At the age of 30 and with his goalscoring record in the Bundesliga (42 goals in 103 games), he could turn out to be a perfect backup for Torres ...

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2008, 01:32:09 pm »
Jesus, making him wear a mask is cruel, however bad he is.

;D ;D ;D

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2008, 01:36:20 pm »
Maybe we should try to engineer a swap deal for Marko Pantelic in January?

He is free on Bosman in the summer, and definitely not signing a new deal at Hertha ... At the age of 30 and with his goalscoring record in the Bundesliga (42 goals in 103 games), he could turn out to be a perfect backup for Torres ...

Do you reckon a 30 year old could adapt to the jump in speed though? Not saying he couldn't but Morientes couldn't and we can all see how class that fella is. Even he said that he'd have been better if he'd come at Torres age because you need speed to last in the Prem
Love you Bro-Montana