Author Topic: PL: Liv 4 vs 2 Spur Mo 16’ Robbo 45’ Gakpo 50’ Elliot 60’ BS 73’ Son 77’  (Read 10872 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Really, the defence needs to wake the fxxk up. Do we really need to continue to score 3, 4 goals before we can win games?

I don’t think the issue was just the personnel in defence.

Midfield lost its shape plus we seemed to lose the ability to press Spurs effectively.

Feels like systemic issues rather than necessarily just the defenders.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Some lovely words about Klopp and his time here, being said by Keane, Redknapp and Daniel.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We score enough, we concede to many.

The switch off at 4-0 proves that.

To be fair we usually switch off at 0-0 so it's a huge improvement.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
A few players went straight down the tunnel at the final whistle today.

Maybe a quiet word from the captain is in order.

Some of those players who headed straight down the tunnel have had unwavering support from the crowd. Whatever frustration you have with performance or grievance you have with the manager I think you should show your appreciation for the crowd at the end of a game.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline HullReD

• Main Stander
Arsenal loses their last 2 ans City their last 3, we win this thing

Thats the spirit

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
which players went straight down the tunnel? Didn't see

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Funny what not having a midweek fixture can do. We had more juice in the batteries.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

Midfield lost its shape plus we seemed to lose the ability to press Spurs effectively.

It wasn't about the defence. Bajcetic comes on as DM and was well off the pace, Spurs make 3 attacking changes but we persist with the highline. Therefore a couple of passes and they're clean through (loads of times). It took some last ditch defending to stop it going 4-3 and then more panic stations.

We could have afforded to switch off like we did if we just shut the game down. You can't do that with a DM miles off the pace and a high defensive line against a fast attack. The systemic issues are we can't shut a game down. The two Old Trafford games the obvious examples.

Today it doesn't matter but it's cost us in other games. Even last season we  blew a 3 goal lead against these. We need to adapt properly to conceding goals.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 08:10:08 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/TheoSquiresECHO/status/1787185537297588358

Klopp: "This is a very special club. I didn't make them believe, I reminded them what happens when you believe."

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Dominate win

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
Thought this game was a good representation of our season really. Play well for large parts, but we lost control and took a while for us to really take the sting out of the game. I think this problem is systematic though, rather than with personnel. That press was so off for large parts after we made the subs and then we overplayed a times.

There's plenty to be proud about of this season, but few areas where can massively improve too. And let's not forget the injuries this season which totally destroyed our momentum. City and Arsenal both got incredibly soft penalty decisions yesterday too to break the deadlocks - that sort of luck has deserted us for large parts this season. Not to make this a moan, but you need a lot of luck to win league titles too and not sure we've had much this season.

Thought Mo was back to his best today, but you can really tell he's lost that massive burst of pace he used to have.

Online Andar

• Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/TheoSquiresECHO/status/1787185537297588358

I'm going to miss his inspirational quotes.

This one is my favourite of the season.
'If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly.'

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Looked like we went back to Trent inverting and they then exploited the space.

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
Obviously delighted with the win and all that, but I thought the midfield subs were a bit naive. Of course, I have no business calling Klopp naive, but still...

We went narrow to push Spurs out wide where they are less dangerous, and knowing that our superior midfield would keep them under control. To then relinquish all that control by taking off Endo and Mac was aksing for trouble. Baj is a magnificient prospect but he was so rusty there was no way he was getting up to speed, and Grav is just not the combatative midfielder that's going to keep Sun, Richarlison and Kulusevski at bay. We handed them control of the midfield, basically.

Anyway... bummer for not getting a clean sheet, but totally happy about the win and the mostly fun football

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Thought we looked great for a lot of the game, movement was brilliant up until the subs. Elliott is still a little lightweight but there are few players in the division better on the ball. Quansah had a great game too.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Didn’t see the game so can’t comment other than it was great to see us go 4 up but concerning to hear that we then conceded 2 goals

A win is a win though.
#JFT97

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Feels like a bit of sanity was restored today
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I loved that .... up till the 70th minute... then it was mad.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
All the glass half full crowd should remember we went 4-0 up while the game was still on. That hour gave me massive excitement for next year.

then we throttled back almost fully in a late season dead rubber and they threw on 3 guys who had been sat for being shit lately so they carried the last half hour. That and five bucks will get you a coffee at Starbucks. i think.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
 :D

Arne Slot says Mo Salah's goal today was great - but he had to switch off after that.

Online kop306

• Anny Roader
the reason steffan came on was because we were 4 nill up

klopp obviously wanted to give him some game time before the end of the season

really impressed with harvey and quansah today

trent was great first half

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Son Heung-Min is a hell of a player. Intelligent and creative as fuck.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Bright spot- We scored first!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bright spot- We scored first!

And second, third and fourth.   8)
Jόrgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jόrgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

"One of the biggest mistakes in my life is not signing Son Heung-min," he admitted to KBS News in November 2021. "Outstanding player. He is fantastic, a sign of Korean football and one of the best strikers in the world."
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
Shame we didn't sarcastically celebrate the win as if we'd just won the world cup, kinda like they did after the Spurs win earlier in the season. Petty, I know, but it would have made me giggle..
SOS member 7832

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really need to sort the defence out next season. Nowhere near enough clean sheets. We've obviously spunked a load of chances recently but that's the main reason we dropped out of contention for the title.

1-0 is enough and should be for a good number of games.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Substitutions seemed to shake the flow of the team. We need to make them I guess but perhaps not so much en mass, could be better approach.

Too late now, season over, we’re 3rd. Ww had it in our grasp and we let it go, I’d like to think that mental toughness is something we reflect on for next season.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Really enjoyed yesterday. The crowd was good, the team was good, bar 10 mins in the second half, the goals were good, the weather was good.

Thought the front three were excellent first 60 mins. The fullbacks brilliant. Elliott is an absolute star. Understandably lost our shape a bit once we changed the midfield especially, but good to see Bajcetic back on the pitch.

Two more of them before the end of the season Reds.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Substitutions seemed to shake the flow of the team. We need to make them I guess but perhaps not so much en mass, could be better approach.

Too late now, season over, we’re 3rd. Ww had it in our grasp and we let it go, I’d like to think that mental toughness is something we reflect on for next season.

Yeah I said to my brother yesterday that it's such a shame that THAT Liverpool shows up once the pressure is off. But I try really hard to just remember that at the start of the season, no-one thought we'd be this close. Maybe it was always a hurdle too far. Maybe a couple of them just aren't up to it mentally or otherwise. But I'm sure we'll be better for it next season.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Yeah I said to my brother yesterday that it's such a shame that THAT Liverpool shows up once the pressure is off. But I try really hard to just remember that at the start of the season, no-one thought we'd be this close. Maybe it was always a hurdle too far. Maybe a couple of them just aren't up to it mentally or otherwise. But I'm sure we'll be better for it next season.
Agree. On reflection it’s been a fantastic season, and certainly because we bought an entirely new midfield and whilst it spluttered in the beginning, it’s become quite a progressive unit, though, it still needs work to it and those players need to reflect on themselves as well for that in game mental edge.

A cup, CL secured, and a new midfield almost bedded in, not too shabby a season. Though my heart longs for what might have been….
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Agree. On reflection it’s been a fantastic season, and certainly because we bought an entirely new midfield and whilst it spluttered in the beginning, it’s become quite a progressive unit, though, it still needs work to it and those players need to reflect on themselves as well for that in game mental edge.

A cup, CL secured, and a new midfield almost bedded in, not too shabby a season. Though my heart longs for what might have been….

Dont think its just a mental thing, we are now 2 goals away from conceding 40 goals this season and for a title winner thats far too many. We have struggled a lot to take control in games and have conceded first a lot of times.

I know we dont play like Arsenal and City, but there is still something wrong with this side tactically.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Dont think its just a mental thing, we are now 2 goals away from conceding 40 goals this season and for a title winner thats far too many. We have struggled a lot to take control in games and have conceded first a lot of times.

I know we dont play like Arsenal and City, but there is still something wrong with this side tactically.
I've given what we can improve on in the Arsenal thread.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Other than the 5 minutes they got the goals, I was really pleased with the performance yesterday.

Offline Girder of Girth

• Main Stander
Anyone hear the Divock Origi chants in the Annie Road end towards the end of the game? What’s that all about?
1st Game: Standing on Kop watching Digger Barnes give us a winner against Spurs 29/10/89.
Hooked ever since ...

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
Anyone hear the Divock Origi chants in the Annie Road end towards the end of the game? What’s that all about?

I assumed that was about 2019?

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan

Would have been magnificent in the Firmino-role.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan

Scoring the second in Madrid?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

For all the narrative about Kane not winning titles (eventually he'll win something with Bayern and/or England), chances are Son will end his career without winning anything, depending on his next club move. Next season will be his 10th at Spurs and he's 32 this summer.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season