Author Topic: Pep Lijnders  (Read 155197 times)

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Pep Lijnders
« Reply #800 on: August 24, 2023, 04:47:07 pm »
You're realising you're talking about one of the most successful coaching teams we've had as a club, certainly in semi-recent times, as if they've hardly got any experience of coaching a top side, let alone a title and European Cup winning side?

Total lunacy.

I don't think it's lunacy at all to suggest adding another smart assistant who is more experienced to offer different perspective especially after seeing how influential Pep is.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: August 24, 2023, 04:48:55 pm »
He's a great coach, but he should focus on just making players better on the training field. His influence over transfer strategy is one of the reasons we've fallen behind.

Leave it to the scouting network Pep.

It was clearly Klopp as well. The idea Klopp doesnt have a say is madness.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #802 on: August 24, 2023, 05:12:09 pm »
He's a great coach, but he should focus on just making players better on the training field. His influence over transfer strategy is one of the reasons we've fallen behind.

:lmao

All the beats in one
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: August 24, 2023, 05:41:15 pm »
It was clearly Klopp as well. The idea Klopp doesnt have a say is madness.

Definitely, I just think it's bizarre how the coaching staff wanted more say in transfers when the scouting model was working perfectly.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: August 25, 2023, 11:59:57 am »
Don’t understand why Klopp would be fine with this type of stuff. Calls into question who’s really making the decisions even if internally there’s no doubt.

Clearly Pep has a major influence on how we play and the tactics we use.  The final decision is obviously Klopp's and he has signed off on the change in how we play. 

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: August 25, 2023, 12:28:19 pm »
Ha it cracks me up the crap some people think/say/post.

We need some experience in the coaching staff to offer a different perspective and innovative ideas.

Hmmm...... Yeah, the Owl really brought us some huge wins and even bigger trophies and he loved to let everyone know all about HIS experience!

FFS football pundit cliché city in here sometimes 😂😂

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: August 25, 2023, 01:15:21 pm »
Ha it cracks me up the crap some people think/say/post.

We need some experience in the coaching staff to offer a different perspective and innovative ideas.

Hmmm...... Yeah, the Owl really brought us some huge wins and even bigger trophies and he loved to let everyone know all about HIS experience!

FFS football pundit cliché city in here sometimes 😂😂

It's obvious that I meant someone similar to Buvac but keep going

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #807 on: August 25, 2023, 01:52:17 pm »

Havent this lot mostly been with Klopp as long as the mythical Buvac?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: August 25, 2023, 01:58:42 pm »

You mean the guy who left before we won everything available to be won?

Doesn't feel like that would help us 🤷

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #809 on: August 25, 2023, 02:01:50 pm »
My opinion of Lijnders is that he's got some really innovative and clever ideas for attacking football, but not so much on the defensive side.  He also likes to tell people how innovative and clever he is.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #810 on: August 25, 2023, 04:17:47 pm »
My opinion of Lijnders is that he's got some really innovative and clever ideas for attacking football, but not so much on the defensive side.  He also likes to tell people how innovative and clever he is.

Think that's an opinion with which I am in agreement. And the last bit in particular tends to cause him some problems with certain sections of the support.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #811 on: August 25, 2023, 06:50:36 pm »
Does it matter, though? Yeh he likes to talk a bit too much, publically, about what he and the coaches are doing, but apart from a little shake of the head and a smile when I read his latest puppy-dog-enthusiastic gushings, it doesn't really matter to me.

It takes all sorts to make a world and not everyone is full-on boss perfect like Kloppo, who always seems to know exactly what, and how much, to say.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #812 on: August 25, 2023, 07:40:05 pm »

You can't just leave it to the scouting network though. Klopp and the coaches decide how we play, how we attack, how we defend, and how we press. Recruiting players that fit within the blueprint of how we play the game is crucial.

That is the problem with just leaving things to the recruitment team. You won't get players that suit how we play and suit the players we already have and above all any tweaks that Klopp and the coaches want to make.

For me what we need is a DoF who has an overview of everything and who oversees what the coaches want and the players the recruitment team brings in.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #813 on: August 25, 2023, 08:03:42 pm »
Does it matter, though?

Not really, no...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #814 on: August 25, 2023, 08:08:33 pm »
Does it matter, though?

Not even a little bit. Absolutely fucking weird to me, just as the worship and panic over Pako and Buvac was back in the day.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #815 on: August 26, 2023, 05:34:52 am »
It matters if he’s driving everyone away outside the coaching staff because he’s such an insufferable blowhard. He clearly comes across that way and going off of Graham’s interview where they had to say things weren’t as good as the results indicate then I could see him not reacting well to that. Also wonder based on this interview if he pushed Klopp to give up on the static 4-4-2 that we initially stabilized with last year and then gave up on with pretty bad results.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #816 on: August 26, 2023, 09:35:31 am »
It matters if he’s driving everyone away outside the coaching staff because he’s such an insufferable blowhard. He clearly comes across that way and going off of Graham’s interview where they had to say things weren’t as good as the results indicate then I could see him not reacting well to that. Also wonder based on this interview if he pushed Klopp to give up on the static 4-4-2 that we initially stabilized with last year and then gave up on with pretty bad results.

If, if, if, if, if, if.....

Can I play as well please?

What if he has been poisoning our players before matches and making them ill so they can't perform? What if he secretly told Caicedo not to come to Anfield because it's rubbish? What if he's behind the Buckingham fiasco and he has successfully sabotaged the Anfield Road stand? What if he keeps pushing Thiago down the stairs at Kirkby and preventing him from ever been fit?

No wonder everyone hates him if he's doing all these things.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: August 26, 2023, 09:43:19 am »

What if he has been poisoning our players before matches and making them ill so they can't perform? What if he secretly told Caicedo not to come to Anfield because it's rubbish? What if he's behind the Buckingham fiasco and he has successfully sabotaged the Anfield Road stand? What if he keeps pushing Thiago down the stairs at Kirkby and preventing him from ever been fit?

;D

Some people are just never happy.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: August 26, 2023, 10:10:14 am »

Sir Jude Buckingham.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #819 on: August 26, 2023, 10:14:45 am »

He's the big, bad wolf you mean?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #820 on: August 26, 2023, 10:41:51 am »

Who is Graham? Ian Graham? Graham Garden?  George Graham? What interview? What the fuck are you talking about? So many ifs and vague allusions and absolute wild speculation, are you after being a transfer guru on Twitter?.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 10:43:49 am by JP! »

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #821 on: August 26, 2023, 10:45:04 am »
Sir Jude Buckingham.
It's not a typo for Bellingham.  He means Buckingham Group who are/were building the Anfield Road Stand

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: August 26, 2023, 11:09:22 am »
He just seems like an enthusiastic guy and I have no issue with that, however it does seem like a poor choice to put him in the public eye as the more talkative a coach is, the more material journalists will find to create issues out of.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: August 26, 2023, 12:55:17 pm »
It's not a typo for Bellingham.  He means Buckingham Group who are/were building the Anfield Road Stand

Haha ok then, my phone sometimes changes it

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #824 on: August 26, 2023, 01:07:00 pm »
Also wonder based on this interview if he pushed Klopp to give up on the static 4-4-2 that we initially stabilized with last year and then gave up on with pretty bad results.
Does Klopp strike you as the kind of manager to be 'pushed' into doing something that is bad for the team? You don't seem to have much of an opinion of Klopp.

A few months and some people will be calling Klopp a weakling and a Yes-Man, with Pep Lijnders as the real, evil, cackling, Wormtongued power behind the throne, and posts like yours will have contributed to that.

;D

There are so many possibilities

It was Pep who hid all the players' inhalers
It was Pep who scuppered the Tchouameni deal cos he hates that fucking Jason Donovan song
It was Pep who got rid of Hendo cos he thought signing Endo would demonstrate 20% efficiency saving

I'm sure there are loads more evil things that Pep has done

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #825 on: August 26, 2023, 01:13:29 pm »
Really putting himself out there isn't he, he's clearly got ambitions of being a manager. Might be getting close to the time he spreads those wings.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #826 on: August 26, 2023, 01:42:29 pm »
Really putting himself out there isn't he, he's clearly got ambitions of being a manager. Might be getting close to the time he spreads those wings.

what’s he done now?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #827 on: August 26, 2023, 02:37:04 pm »

Did you listen to the podcast or not?

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #829 on: August 26, 2023, 02:46:21 pm »
I took an acid and decided to stop by this thread.

From 2007 to 2018 we won 1 League Cup (remember that?). From 2019 to 2022 we won every fucking thing.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: August 26, 2023, 02:54:13 pm »
I have no particular view on Pep but I reckon fresh blood in the staff under Klopp is a good way of keeping things fresh. Worked for Ferguson.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #831 on: August 26, 2023, 03:12:37 pm »
I have no particular view on Pep but I reckon fresh blood in the staff under Klopp is a good way of keeping things fresh. Worked for Ferguson.
Now that I do agree with. It's not even any slight on any given assistant. Just the vitality and vigour that comes with regular infusions of new ideas, approaches and thinking.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: August 26, 2023, 03:54:29 pm »

And what about all the managers that have been successful whilst keeping staff consistent?

Or all the managers that have been less successful after changing staff?

And Ferguson generally lost his assistant coaches. He didn't lose them through choice.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: August 26, 2023, 03:55:59 pm »

Problem is thats just a nicer way of calling for change in the coaching setup. Also we dont know at all their roles individually so I always find changing of coaches a bit mad. Ultimately, let the results speak for themselves.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: August 26, 2023, 04:05:25 pm »
And what about all the managers that have been successful whilst keeping staff consistent?

Or all the managers that have been less successful after changing staff?

And Ferguson generally lost his assistant coaches. He didn't lose them through choice.

Imagine if there had been a period where we kept our coaching staff consistent, we could have referred to it as something like "the Boot Room" and could have dominated English and European football.

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #835 on: August 26, 2023, 04:12:36 pm »
Reading way too much into everything at the moment IMO.

Wonder what the thought was when we were competing for everything hey?  :wave

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: August 27, 2023, 11:02:34 am »
Did you listen to the podcast or not?

I don't understand what the issue is.  I just listened to part 1 of the podcast and there is nothing in there that he said that was bad.  He's not giving away any huge secrets or anything people don't already know.  He comes across as very passionate about what he's doing. Is that why people don't like him or get annoyed every time he does an interview?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: August 27, 2023, 11:13:41 am »
I don't understand what the issue is.  I just listened to part 1 of the podcast and there is nothing in there that he said that was bad.  He's not giving away any huge secrets or anything people don't already know.  He comes across as very passionate about what he's doing. Is that why people don't like him or get annoyed every time he does an interview?

Well if you kept on listening you’d know that in part 2 he called Dave McCoy a bellend.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #838 on: August 27, 2023, 11:23:36 am »
Well if you kept on listening you’d know that in part 2 he called Dave McCoy a bellend.

Ljinders has gone up in my estimation.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: August 27, 2023, 11:32:37 am »
21 pages on our assistant. Impressive.